Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Update coming for Christmas (Capture Mode)

47 replies to this topic
tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

ITS OFFICIAL!!

http://www.rockstarg....html/#comments

Fight for exclusive import rights at Los Santos International in one of the new Capture mode Jobs in Grand Theft Auto Online.

Capture - the newest addition to the collection of team-based modes in Grand Theft Auto Online, will be available tomorrow as part of the latest free automatic update on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. With 20 new Jobs across four unique modes, this GTA twist on classic capture the flag style confrontations brings a whole new level of adversarial action to the world of Los Santos and Blaine County. Strategy plays a huge role as you run decoys, set traps and place obstacles to ensure your enemies don’t get close to your goods. These new Jobs are accessible in Freemode and spread across the four different modes described below. Read on for more details and previews of a few of our faves:

RAID
In Raid, you'll have to fight your way into your opponents' base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points. Reach the target score, or deliver more packages than your opponents do in the allotted time to win the match. 

"Beachin"
Legal highs and bad t-shirts aren't the only things being pushed on Vespucci Beach. Four factions raid each other's stashes for control of the area's 'tourist trade'. Take product back to your spot and it's yours.

"Wargames"
Like any military operation, when things kick off at Fort Zancudo Air Base, they escalate pretty quickly. Teams stockpiling weapons to sell on the black market raid each other's bases at either end of the facility. If they get the goods back, they're banked. Nothing's off limits to be used here, including the fighter jets.

HOLD
When playing Hold, teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. Packages can either be found on the map, or stolen from the opposing team’s bases. Reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out, to win.

"Block Party"
Gang violence escalates in Chamberlain Hills, as block fights block at close quarters. Four factions with two packages each try to raid each other and protect their own stuff. If they get someone else's product back to their turf, they'll have to protect it.

Compete to get buses back to your base in 'All Abhorred'.

GTA
As the ubiquitous acronym might suggest, GTA mode tasks players with stealing target vehicles located all around the map, before bringing them back to their respective bases. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.

"My Maibatsu"
Four East Los car thief outfits compete to get hold of a shipment of Sanchez dirt bikes, and store them back at their bases, while preventing the other teams from doing the same. First place to look would be the Maibatsu Factory.

"Field of Screams"
A tractor shortage in Grapeseed leads to farmyard chaos. It's harvest time, and two rival gangs compete to bring a Fieldmaster tractor back to their bases. Farming is a deadly serious business in Blaine County.

CONTEND
In Contend, there's only one package, situated in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again.

"Salty Snatch"
Dog walkers and surfing talent agents look out - two import operations at either end of Chumash Beach are fighting over a shipment that's landed on the pier. Any product they can get to their spot in the sand is theirs to keep.

The contested package at the heart of a firefight.

Capture will be available as part of tomorrow's automatic update for GTA Online, which also includes a host of fixes and dynamic tuning updates. For details on those please check out the Rockstar Support page.

Yup just seen it on FB there. Good call.

• Lee Everett likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

If it snows in LS I will be pooping all over the place.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

Well i thougt since its christmas = snowy = North Yankton but im hoping too much

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well i thougt since its christmas = snowy = North Yankton but im hoping too much

Haha yeah, the opposite happened. Everyone lost the ability to even get there...  D:

• poklane likes this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

Haha yeah, the opposite happened. Everyone lost the ability to even get there...  D:

What if they would add NY as a Christmas DLC?! Can you believe the joy that will commence in the GTA fanbase?

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

What if they would add NY as a Christmas DLC?! Can you believe the joy that will commence in the GTA fanbase?

Yes!! :)

They can do so much with a place like North Yankton.

• poklane likes this

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Besides the prospect of snow I'm not exactly filled with joy, especially about the "jobs". 

And if this is a X-mas dlc whats taking them so long to announce it?  I mean they got just short of two weeks left till Christmas, unless of course they're going to give it to us as a "present".

Two weeks? Its xmas a week tomorrow!

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Imagine riding of a mountain the size of Mount Chiliad with snow. Would be sick!

• Lee Everett likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

Imagine riding of a mountain the size of Mount Chiliad with snow. Would be sick!

And imagine the snow storms and how beautiful it'd look, aswell as how dangerous if parachuting (snapmatic time!)

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Imagine snow boarding down the f*cker! !!!

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

hahaha salty snatch, oh R*!

this is gonna be fun on a bun, I hope, coz these old missions get stale
  • hesselgren, xNinjaStarfishx and KnobCheez like this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

Now we need Content Creator Missions!

zM2pLGp.png

http://support.rocks...Content-Creator

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

This looks like it could be great fun.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

This looks like it could be great fun.

I really hope it is >.<

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Thats What She Said

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

I feel like an idiot. I skimmed through the first post earlier and completely missed the Snow. I looked right at the picture and didnt even notice Vinewood covered in snow. 

No way they would troll us like that. If they give us snow, even if just for the winter, North Yankton glitch becomes meaningless. 

First day of Winter is Saturday. 

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Sounds pretty awesome and i would actually played this mode! whereas I haven't really played ANY Deathmatch or races!

Pity I will prob be banned for receiving hackers money!! definite butthurt!

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Except today isn't christmas

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

Except today isn't christmas

The thread was a speculation thread. Then then released it the next day.  :santa:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users