Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Update coming for Christmas (Capture Mode)

47 replies to this topic
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 17 December 2013 - 10:54 PM.

ITS OFFICIAL!!!

actual_1386962721.jpg

Fight for exclusive import rights at Los Santos International in one of the new Capture mode Jobs in Grand Theft Auto Online.

Capture - the newest addition to the collection of team-based modes in Grand Theft Auto Online, will be available tomorrow as part of the latest free automatic update on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. With 20 new Jobs across four unique modes, this GTA twist on classic capture the flag style confrontations brings a whole new level of adversarial action to the world of Los Santos and Blaine County. Strategy plays a huge role as you run decoys, set traps and place obstacles to ensure your enemies don’t get close to your goods. These new Jobs are accessible in Freemode and spread across the four different modes described below. Read on for more details and previews of a few of our faves:

RAID
In Raid, you'll have to fight your way into your opponents' base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points. Reach the target score, or deliver more packages than your opponents do in the allotted time to win the match. 

"Beachin"
Legal highs and bad t-shirts aren't the only things being pushed on Vespucci Beach. Four factions raid each other's stashes for control of the area's 'tourist trade'. Take product back to your spot and it's yours.

"Wargames"
Like any military operation, when things kick off at Fort Zancudo Air Base, they escalate pretty quickly. Teams stockpiling weapons to sell on the black market raid each other's bases at either end of the facility. If they get the goods back, they're banked. Nothing's off limits to be used here, including the fighter jets.

HOLD
When playing Hold, teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. Packages can either be found on the map, or stolen from the opposing team’s bases. Reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out, to win.

"Block Party"
Gang violence escalates in Chamberlain Hills, as block fights block at close quarters. Four factions with two packages each try to raid each other and protect their own stuff. If they get someone else's product back to their turf, they'll have to protect it.

actual_1386962738.jpg

Compete to get buses back to your base in 'All Abhorred'.

GTA
As the ubiquitous acronym might suggest, GTA mode tasks players with stealing target vehicles located all around the map, before bringing them back to their respective bases. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.

"My Maibatsu"
Four East Los car thief outfits compete to get hold of a shipment of Sanchez dirt bikes, and store them back at their bases, while preventing the other teams from doing the same. First place to look would be the Maibatsu Factory.

"Field of Screams"
A tractor shortage in Grapeseed leads to farmyard chaos. It's harvest time, and two rival gangs compete to bring a Fieldmaster tractor back to their bases. Farming is a deadly serious business in Blaine County.

CONTEND
In Contend, there's only one package, situated in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again.

"Salty Snatch"
Dog walkers and surfing talent agents look out - two import operations at either end of Chumash Beach are fighting over a shipment that's landed on the pier. Any product they can get to their spot in the sand is theirs to keep.

actual_1386962751.jpg

The contested package at the heart of a firefight.

Capture will be available as part of tomorrow's automatic update for GTA Online, which also includes a host of fixes and dynamic tuning updates.

For details on those please check out the Rockstar Support page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(The thread before it was announced by Rockstar >.<)

Here is a picture of the DDS file which I converted to JPG.

SnxHGP6.png

Post your opinions.

What are your thoughts on this new update. I say Christmas because of the containedpackagename which is called "mpChristmas".

My opinion: I can't wait  :)

Here is the link: http://prod.cloud.ro...ommerceData.xml

<Product id="ctf_compat_pack" platformProductId="0x5e273400" releaseTime="">
<Name>Capture Update</Name>
<ShortDesc/>
<LongDesc>
In a proper Grand Theft Auto twist on classic capture the flag, Capture mode brings territory infiltration and a new form of team-versus-team treachery into GTA Online. Up to four squads battle to steal contraband, trucks, buses and more from opponent's bases using high-speed vehicles, explosive weaponry and cunning teamwork. Shared Capture mode pits teams against each other in the fight over valuables located throughout the world. In Vehicle Capture, teams battle to collect coveted vehicles from their rivals’ base and make a successful getaway. Craft, cooperation and team tactics are key. This free Capture update also brings a host of new jobs to GTA Online, accessible via the open world and also directly through your phone. Update content. The latest title update is required to use this content. Grand Theft Auto V required to play.
</LongDesc>
<ImagePaths>
<ImagePath path="store/images/editions/Gift_CM_Title.dds"/>
</ImagePaths>
<CatMemberships>
<CatMembership id="Extras"/>
<CatMembership id="COMPAT_PACKS"/>
</CatMemberships>
<ContainedPackageNames>
<ContainedPackageName name="mpChristmas"/>
</ContainedPackageNames>
</Product>
</Products>

Be sure to comment   :santa:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Hmm the newswire said there would be four variations of capture

Capture is broken down into four variations - ‘Raid’, ‘Contend’, ‘Hold’ and ‘GTA’ – we will give you full details on each of these next week.

Source - http://www.rockstarg...eek-captur.html

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Sounds vehicle based, meaning it's going to be dumb as sh*t on auto-aim.

• IShotBambi likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

Well from reading it's going to be divided. Here is my speculation.

*Captured Mode - is like capture the flag, can be a vehicle, can be a suitcase or a specific 'item' which you would have to grab on foot.

*Shared Capture Mode - Like Team Capture the flag, same as above.

*Vehicle Capture - what you just said :) , stealing vehicles.

I'm pretty excited for this, and since it would require a system update I wonder what bugs they will fix along this. (They always fix bugs with every update even if it's to release content)

Will be fun to see what people can come up with this. And if you can create your own "Capture" modes with Content Creator....then just wow.

Alien
  • Alien

I have been - and always shall be your friend.

• Premium
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

If they just put some snow in a little bit... it might calm the North Yankton fervor...

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:02 PM Edited by hhamzah99, 17 December 2013 - 06:04 PM.

dayum, i tested the dds thingy i can confirm it works :p Cant wait for snowy LS!

EDIT:

could be the update brian is talking about here:

http://support.rocks...at-coming-in-it

GLiTcH2
  • GLiTcH2

╚═╬═╬═╬═╝

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by GLiTcH2, 17 December 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Capture is broken down into four variations - ‘Raid’, ‘Contend’, ‘Hold’ and ‘GTA’ – we will give you full details on each of these next week.

Source - http://www.rockstarg...eek-captur.html

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 17 December 2013 - 06:07 PM.

Haha yeah I just realized how beautiful the snow was (wasn't paying much attention to it when I posted this >.<) 

Do you guys think they'd actually add that? I mean, it barely ever snows in LA.

Source - http://www.rockstarg...eek-captur.html

Added comment to main post, thanks :)

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

Haha yeah I just realized how beautiful the snow was (wasn't paying much attention to it when I posted this >.<) 

It does snow sometime there, it even snowed in Egypt this year! Everything is possible haha!

I think it will be a christmas update coming this week or something!

Alien
  • Alien

• Premium
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

I know, but they have the mechanics and if you look at the general "Snapmatic" feed, North Yankton pictures are epidemic.  There is even a "Snow" code for SP weather. 

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

Says 1 week + 1 day that it was made. So I'm assuming we'll get it this week  :r*:

It does snow sometime there, it even snowed in Egypt this year! Everything is possible haha!

I know, but they have the mechanics and if you look at the general "Snapmatic" feed, North Yankton pictures are epidemic.  There is even a "Snow" code for SP weather. 

Anything is possible :) .

I'd love it if we were able to visit Yankton as well (by buying a ticket at the airport), would be interesting, especially if you could buy your own apartment there, rob stores, etc. Maybe even split the lobbies between Los Santos, and Yankton, that way there can be 16 players instead of 8 players in Yankton and 8 in Los Santos.

Obviously it'll be smaller, but would be fun to visit. (That alone can be an incentive to add a new 'pack' like "Winter Coats, Sweaters" etc).

But I'm guessing with the next patch you won't even be able to visit there anymore lol. (I never got a chance to go but oh well)

• conbru3 likes this

Alien
  • Alien

• Premium
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Says 1 week + 1 day that it was made. So I'm assuming we'll get it this week  :r*:

Anything is possible :) .

I'd love it if we were able to visit Yankton as well (by buying a ticket at the airport), would be interesting, especially if you could buy your own apartment there, rob stores, etc. Maybe even split the lobbies between Los Santos, and Yankton, that way there can be 16 players instead of 8 players in Yankton and 8 in Los Santos.

Obviously it'll be smaller, but would be fun to visit. (That alone can be an incentive to add a new 'pack' like "Winter Coats, Sweaters" etc).

But I'm guessing with the next patch you won't even be able to visit there anymore lol. (I never got a chance to go but oh well)

Go now then!  Experience it before it's gone, it really is cool and easy to get to if you have a friend willing to help.

• Lee Everett likes this

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

They probably just altered that picture to make it look like it snowed, and probably won't add in snow.

My guess for the modes;

Raid: One team has the vehicles and has to guard them, the other team(s) have to raid their base and steal the vehicles.

Contend: Multiple teams with their own base and vehicles, and have to steal from each other.

Hold: Probably one vehicle wil be in a central area and a team will have to drive the car and keep it from the others to score points.

GTA: Probably FFA stealing marked cars.

funmw2
  • funmw2

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hmmm , They Add Some Stuff About Capture in Store .

But They Didn't Add Anything For News ?

http://prod.cloud.ro.../news/news.json

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Go now then!  Experience it before it's gone, it really is cool and easy to get to if you have a friend willing to help.

I will >.<

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Racing in the snow would be hilarious.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Snow? This will be awesome.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Biohazard Abyss, on 17 Dec 2013 - 6:43 PM, said:

well isn't everything?

just switch to free aim.

any way

is that snow I see on those vinewood hills?

and this capture mode sounds pretty cool

really liked doing team carjack city on gta 4 (well when people actually played it)

this sounds pretty similar

on a side note, am I the only one to think they kinda of messed up their DLC timing with the delayed launch?

I think the beach bum pack was supposed to come out in summer (not long after the game's release) and now we're getting this winter themed DLC not long after

makes me think they skipped some DLC's in between, like heists perhaps?

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Can't wait >.<

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Oh, my, god... that's awesome!

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

snow in Los santos? Ey der buy, where's me snowmobile whens I need it eh?

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hopefully it's seamless with freeroam, like Landgrab was in RDR. That way the match-finding won't get even worse.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Wow another death matc.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

If that implies snow in Los Santos.... WOOHOO!!!!

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Besides the prospect of snow I'm not exactly filled with joy, especially about the "jobs". 

And if this is a X-mas dlc whats taking them so long to announce it?  I mean they got just short of two weeks left till Christmas, unless of course they're going to give it to us as a "present".

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

Yea but they'll release it "in a few weeks"

K-lub84
  • K-lub84

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

I hope they release snow machines and the snow vehicle's!!!

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hey Niko, its your cousin...you wanna go bowling?

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Oh look, fan created hype.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Who gives a f*ck. This colossal failure of a game is dead. Hackers done kilt it

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

ITS OFFICIAL!!

http://www.rockstarg....html/#comments

Fight for exclusive import rights at Los Santos International in one of the new Capture mode Jobs in Grand Theft Auto Online.

Capture - the newest addition to the collection of team-based modes in Grand Theft Auto Online, will be available tomorrow as part of the latest free automatic update on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. With 20 new Jobs across four unique modes, this GTA twist on classic capture the flag style confrontations brings a whole new level of adversarial action to the world of Los Santos and Blaine County. Strategy plays a huge role as you run decoys, set traps and place obstacles to ensure your enemies don’t get close to your goods. These new Jobs are accessible in Freemode and spread across the four different modes described below. Read on for more details and previews of a few of our faves:

RAID
In Raid, you'll have to fight your way into your opponents' base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points. Reach the target score, or deliver more packages than your opponents do in the allotted time to win the match. 

"Beachin"
Legal highs and bad t-shirts aren't the only things being pushed on Vespucci Beach. Four factions raid each other's stashes for control of the area's 'tourist trade'. Take product back to your spot and it's yours.

"Wargames"
Like any military operation, when things kick off at Fort Zancudo Air Base, they escalate pretty quickly. Teams stockpiling weapons to sell on the black market raid each other's bases at either end of the facility. If they get the goods back, they're banked. Nothing's off limits to be used here, including the fighter jets.

HOLD
When playing Hold, teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. Packages can either be found on the map, or stolen from the opposing team’s bases. Reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out, to win.

"Block Party"
Gang violence escalates in Chamberlain Hills, as block fights block at close quarters. Four factions with two packages each try to raid each other and protect their own stuff. If they get someone else's product back to their turf, they'll have to protect it.

Compete to get buses back to your base in 'All Abhorred'.

GTA
As the ubiquitous acronym might suggest, GTA mode tasks players with stealing target vehicles located all around the map, before bringing them back to their respective bases. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.

"My Maibatsu"
Four East Los car thief outfits compete to get hold of a shipment of Sanchez dirt bikes, and store them back at their bases, while preventing the other teams from doing the same. First place to look would be the Maibatsu Factory.

"Field of Screams"
A tractor shortage in Grapeseed leads to farmyard chaos. It's harvest time, and two rival gangs compete to bring a Fieldmaster tractor back to their bases. Farming is a deadly serious business in Blaine County.

CONTEND
In Contend, there's only one package, situated in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again.

"Salty Snatch"
Dog walkers and surfing talent agents look out - two import operations at either end of Chumash Beach are fighting over a shipment that's landed on the pier. Any product they can get to their spot in the sand is theirs to keep.

The contested package at the heart of a firefight.

Capture will be available as part of tomorrow's automatic update for GTA Online, which also includes a host of fixes and dynamic tuning updates. For details on those please check out the Rockstar Support page.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users