Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cheaters Pool Discussion: mass bans are coming

1,215 replies to this topic

Poll: Cheaters Pool Discussion: mass bans are coming (536 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you been placed in the Cheater's Pool?

1. Yes (60 votes [11.19%])

Percentage of vote: 11.19%

2. No (476 votes [88.81%])

Percentage of vote: 88.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Draigon
  • Draigon

I felt muscular & compacted like Corned Beef

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

So, those of you in the cheater lobbies:  Are there a lot of people doing god mode sort of cheating?

If not, it sounds like it's kind of fun.  Sure, you don't get to wear the hat you want, but free money all around--none of the grinding... Now if I could just find somebody to give me some cash and get me in there, I think this game might be fun again.

I didn't see any god mode-rs on when i was on. The ones i went in were pretty quiet too, not a whole lot of killing going on. I saw a Rank 3 in one game which amused me  :lol: , highest ranked one i saw was 793. I got the $109M off a rank 500

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Wow I just got gifted 3 billion

I got a bounty and has no idea I thought it was for 3 thousand when I glanced

Man oh well I'm I cheater pool for 10 years anyway lmao!!

SneakerzOtoole
  • SneakerzOtoole

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Just fyi, if you create an alt character, they are dunced from the second Lamar picks you up.

• Sterling Malory Archer likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Rockstar has said it multiple times, "lowered payouts to balance the in-game economy".  Can you think of any other reason the economy is out of balance, other than online billionaires?  I'll wait.....

Can you tell me how reducing the amount of legitimate ways to get money has any chance of balancing legit players with the online billionaires? Ill wait....
How about because people aren't supposed to have billions? And cashcards.

Take a minute to read what you responded to and your response.

You'll find, if you're of sound mind, that your response doesn't make any sense.
Im saying that the balancing of the in game economy has nothing to do with the billionaires as there shouldn't be any in the first place, ane it is clear they are attempting to deal with that. And the reason they are reducing the payouts is cashcards (they want to sell them).

And he was asking how it had anything to do with balancing the economy, not asking you to talk about something entirely different and pretend it was related.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

.... Still going? I bet we get 28 pages worth... Pry more but I'll put 28 down as my bet. 10 bil riding on that, any takers?

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

.... Still going? I bet we get 28 pages worth... Pry more but I'll put 28 down as my bet. 10 bil riding on that, any takers?

If bans come more

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

Looks like I survived wave 1, holding on to my billions

Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by Sterling Malory Archer, 18 December 2013 - 01:56 AM.

There most certain IS an economy in GTA Online.  Have none of you gone to college and studied accounting and/or business law?

All players receive income and have expenses, that defines an economy.  Just because there currently isn't a way to interact with other players in respect to financial transactions doesn't mean an economy is non-existent.  Player to player transactions would make for a potentially more dynamic economy but due to the hackers C* has rendered that ability, which does exist, to not function. 

http://dictionary.re...wse/economy?s=t

1. thrifty management; frugality in the expenditure or consumption of money, materials, etc.

As a player who has been gifted Job Shared Money twice in excess of $100,000,000+ each time, my ability to manage my expenses has been, for the time being, rendered moot.  I've been able to afford ANYTHING and just as a safe guard for tomorrow 1.08 Patch and Update, I now have 2 garages of fully modded Adders @ $735,550 value each just in case of a most likely cash or bank account wipe, so hopefully my financial future is still secure even if all the cash I have taken away.

Please don't express uninformed opinions about a simple thing as an in-game economy, that is, unless you've never earned any cash nor spent any while playing GTA Online.  FFS! 

SneakerzOtoole
  • SneakerzOtoole

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

My time remaining in the cheaters pool is 9 months.  I still don't care.

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

How do I know if I'm in cheater pool? Everytime I join a lobby someone randomly gives me money. I've got 2.7 billion now but I've never glitched.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 18 December 2013 - 02:05 AM.

There most certain IS an economy in GTA Online.  Have none of you gone to college and studied accounting and/or business law?

All players receive income and have expenses, that defines an economy.  Just because there currently isn't a way to interact with other players in respect to financial transactions doesn't mean an economy is non-existent.  Player to player transactions would make for a potentially more dynamic economy but due to the hackers C* has rendered that ability, which does exist, to not function. 

http://dictionary.re...wse/economy?s=t

1. thrifty management; frugality in the expenditure or consumption of money, materials, etc.

As a player who has been gifted Job Shared Money twice in excess of $100,000,000+ each time, my ability to manage my expenses has been, for the time being, rendered moot.  I've been able to afford ANYTHING and just as a safe guard for tomorrow 1.08 Patch and Update, I now have 2 garages of fully modded Adders @ $735,550 value each just in case of a most likely cash or bank account wipe, so hopefully my financial future is still secure even if all the cash I have taken away.

Please don't express uninformed opinions about a simple thing as an in-game economy, that is, unless you've never earned any cash nor spent any while playing GTA Online.  FFS! 

What you referenced was an example of applying the term economy to one's self, as a concept of being economical with resources, and has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with an actual economy.  I just had a great laugh.

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:04 AM Edited by Canucks555, 18 December 2013 - 02:06 AM.

Got ten days playing in and have never been cursed by "gifts"

Thank God!

-I wonder why some people are hack magnets while others are left to their own devices?

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

Thank God!

-I wonder why some people are hack magnets?

If something happens to one person once, they must be a magnet.

Anyway, I'm really proud of you.  It takes some serious chutzpah to go about playing a video game for ten days straight and then spend an entire day on an internet forum telling people how you're better than them for that.

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

Thank God!

-I wonder why some people are hack magnets?

That's why I wonder if I'm in a cheater pool coz every lobby I join seems to be hacked with god-mode high-levelers handing out cash and ridiculous bounties.

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:08 AM Edited by Canucks555, 18 December 2013 - 02:09 AM.

Anyway, I'm really proud of you.  It takes some serious chutzpah to go about playing a video game for ten days straight and then spend an entire day on an internet forum telling people how you're better than them for that.

Where, you fetid strand of imbecelic wart-hog sh*t, did I claim to be "better" than anyone else?

Just shut the f*ck up moron.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

Where, you fetid strand of imbecelic wart-hog sh*t, did I claim to be "better" than anyone else?

In just about all of your posts.

• Canucks555 likes this

raymo2u
  • raymo2u

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

Ive never done the lsc money glitch, but i did buy the hotknife and tank at lvl 68 but Im 72 so i dont think they would of noticed the tank....so becuase of gifts bounty and hotknife? Or just becuase Rockstar saw money and a moderate level. Ive sent my ticket and Im calling tomorrow, i dont care what happens with my money they took i just feel wrongly accussed.

I created a new account and if they dont let me out of the box Theres a few people out there who already offered to rienstate my exact place in him...so how does Rockstar win with the cheater pool?

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

This forum never ceases to amaze, loving it.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

so how does Rockstar win with the cheater pool?

They don't.  They just can't figure out how to fix problems, so they're trying to push it all into a cage.

• Mr. Piff 724 likes this

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:27 AM

Man I wish I could get 9 months, I'm sitting on 10 years in the cheaters pool. I knew I shouldn't have glitched for that extra 600 million. I was fine with 20. 

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

They don't.  They just can't figure out how to fix problems, so they're trying to push it all into a cage.

Exactly, it's doing nothing more than throwing the "do-gooders" a bone.  It doesn't actually do anything.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

A prison written in C++.

Dem hackers are scuuuuuuuured.

• Mr. Piff 724 likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

10 years WTF?!

Winning001
  • Winning001

Do not click the red button

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

Rockstar doesnt win with the cheater pool. it just separates the Billionaires from the lonely peasants who play fair and get nowhere

Life's not fair, GTA O is not fair, deal with it.

The reason R* doesnt win with the cheater pool is in my signature

• iPushYayo likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:39 AM Edited by Odesza, 18 December 2013 - 02:42 AM.

Nice to be part of the 84% of this poll.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for those effected. They had fun playing, it's a fun game.

-Not sure what I'd play if I got put in CP.

Hate cod and barely like the AC series. Also don't feel like getting a new console with the games released thus far.

Kinda crappy actually...It's been an interesting day.

Amnesty?

Have a heart *R!  It's Christmas!

Play far cry 3, dishonored, sleeping dogs, payday 2.  Pretty much the games I've been playing instead of GTA V lately.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

Rockstar has said it multiple times, "lowered payouts to balance the in-game economy".  Can you think of any other reason the economy is out of balance, other than online billionaires?  I'll wait.....

Can you tell me how reducing the amount of legitimate ways to get money has any chance of balancing legit players with the online billionaires? Ill wait....
How about because people aren't supposed to have billions? And cashcards.

Take a minute to read what you responded to and your response.

You'll find, if you're of sound mind, that your response doesn't make any sense.
Im saying that the balancing of the in game economy has nothing to do with the billionaires as there shouldn't be any in the first place, ane it is clear they are attempting to deal with that. And the reason they are reducing the payouts is cashcards (they want to sell them).

This is crap. Billionaires don't upset the balance since the "economy" is only between a player and the NPC stores/Cockstar. Since we aren't really buying/selling between each other there isn't an "economy", thus nothing to unbalance. All items that could unbalance the game, such as weapons, are unlocked by our level. And as of now there is no way for a level 5 to run around gunning down other level 5 players with an advance assault rifle. Things like the Buzzard unlock at a certain level (35?), and the only way a lower level play gets access to a Buzzard is if they are given one by a higher level player. Same with the oh so terrifying (not) tank. You give a level 5 player a billion dollars, they still can't buy the tank or buzzard, if they do by an Adder they still have to grind out levels to unlock the mods, they only carry about 150 rounds for their pistol since they have't unlocked the higher level weapons or the ability to carry more than 150 rounds.. How did they billions they were gifted unbalance the game/ harm any other playing in the game?

Here is the real problem. Some businessmen created the in game "economy" for the sole purpose of selling cash cards (after we already shelled out $60 for the game). This became abundantly clear when the nerfed payouts making cash even harder to grind for. Somewhere on some spreadsheet they were expecting X amount of dollars to be swelling the Cockstar bank account by now. People having all of this glitch money, gifted or otherwise) keeps real money out of Cockstar pockets. So sorry your sh*tty scheme you bilk money out of players isn't working. f*ck you. Want more money? Give us good DLC, we'll gladly pay for it (just look at games like Skyrim). All this arm twisting, "give us the money up front", is bullsh*t. A business model that rarely works. So f*ck Rockstar and their bottom line. When was the last time screwing a large portion of your customers turn out to be a good idea?

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

I am most certain that rockstar does not properly think out their ideas.

1. Bad sport worked but it ended up sending good people to bs while griefers were able to avoid it.

2. Cheaters pool will not work and ruins posiblw customers. If I got a cp ban I would most likely put down gta online and avoid further dlc.

3. Rockstar impound lot is pure stupidity, no body on earth would ever want this, I don't need to say anymore about this.

I could go on all day, the point is that r* needs to figure out a direction and head that way. Rockstar has also put them selves in a though spot with the cheaters pool as those people are very unlikly to buy future dlc even though those people were the ones who were more likly going to buy dlc. They have effectively gotten rid of .5% of their possible future dlc clientele. Which is pretty strange, I think rockstar knows something that we don't, such as dlc that would make even the billionaire jealous.
  • an0nym0uz likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

I am most certain that rockstar does not properly think out their ideas.

1. Bad sport worked but it ended up sending good people to bs while griefers were able to avoid it.

2. Cheaters pool will not work and ruins posiblw customers. If I got a cp ban I would most likely put down gta online and avoid further dlc.

3. Rockstar impound lot is pure stupidity, no body on earth would ever want this, I don't need to say anymore about this.

I could go on all day, the point is that r* needs to figure out a direction and head that way. Rockstar has also put them selves in a though spot with the cheaters pool as those people are very unlikly to buy future dlc even though those people were the ones who were more likly going to buy dlc. They have effectively gotten rid of .5% of their possible future dlc clientele. Which is pretty strange, I think rockstar knows something that we don't, such as dlc that would make even the billionaire jealous.

There's nothing to "think out" when you're getting rid of cheaters from a video game.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

There is an economy

No there isn't. In an economy you have transactions between two parties that agree upon a price or value. You have limited goods. Both of these are required to define something as an economy and neither one exists in GTA Online. In GTA online an individual's purchases have zero influence on anyone but him/herself. The influence is very small in a real life economy, but it still exists.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

So, those of you in the cheater lobbies:  Are there a lot of people doing god mode sort of cheating?

If not, it sounds like it's kind of fun.  Sure, you don't get to wear the hat you want, but free money all around--none of the grinding... Now if I could just find somebody to give me some cash and get me in there, I think this game might be fun again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users