Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cheaters Pool Discussion: mass bans are coming

1,215 replies to this topic

Poll: Cheaters Pool Discussion: mass bans are coming (536 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you been placed in the Cheater's Pool?

1. Yes (60 votes [11.19%])

Percentage of vote: 11.19%

2. No (476 votes [88.81%])

Percentage of vote: 88.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote
jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Let's use a broader focus of thinking when talking about the "economy", stop looking only at the game itself. 

Basics of an economy, circular flow of transactions in said economic environment through the exchange of goods, services, and money, mutually beneficial to all parties.  You play the game's "jobs" to earn money to buy in-game items from R*.  Trade here:  game play for in-game rewards.  Now comes DLC, another added "service" that R* is providing for you, in order to be beneficial to them, they must be compensated somehow.  Now, since only a portion of players will be paying for this with real money, their reward for said "donation" if you will, is in-game cash to dispose of for added reward, increasing their equity in the game with extras that others chose not to pay for.  Grinders still get their rewards by continuing to play and buy the same goods, and since everyone gets the DLC, there is still balance.  What you guys need to remember to factor in, the in-game economy still includes you, the player, and R*, not just your character and their transactions.

Now, along comes glitchers, who obtained money through exploits that did not involve game play, or purchase of cash cards.  They have now tipped the scales in their favor, devaluing the R* dollar by increasing the amount of money in circulation if you will.  The perceived value of the in-game dollar is diminished in the sense that you no longer need to purchase their cash card, and hackers handing it out drop those numbers exponentially by taking out a number of those who would have bought them, they no longer need to.  Basically, there's no reason for anyone to do the "jobs" anymore, money is spent frivolously.  But R* is still providing services, updating programming and releasing DLCs, that they are not being compensated for.  Numbers drop as players tired of being griefed or outgunned at every turn stop playing, further reducing R*'s potential compensation, in other words, economy broken. 

Now, the only other plausible solution would be to stop the "Free DLC" notion, and just charge everyone at release.  Of course, there will be endless bitching about "how dare they try to take more of our hard-earned money and turn a profit for their efforts", Catch 22.  Fact of the matter is, people these days just love to bitch, and they want everything right now and they don't want to pay for it.  But for those who don't believe an economy of sorts  exists, you just aren't looking at it right. 

• elmo87 and Juanfartez like this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

kinda depends dude. Reasonable logic says "Why report if they cant do anything about it" .... My friend reported someone doing a wall glitch, sent them the necessary info (a video), and they responded with the same generic later asking for the info he already sent. So i myself concluded, "We have to fend for ourselves" perhaps that was wrong?

Just because the customer support techs aren't allowed to send out information that hasn't been scripted for them, doesn't mean that the actual people who need the information aren't getting it. They are. The customer support people can only respond to you with certain walls of premade text. Can you imagine if one of them said something they weren't supposed to while replying to a customer? It's simple. They obtain the info and pass it along. The developers look at the info and decipher. If more people actually reported being gifted money the issue possibly wouldn't have run so rampant....they could've tacked down the exact users/crews doing it and stopped it.

As is, all it looks like is that a bunch of people went onto a forum, asking for money from hackers, then receiving it, then, only AFTER they get in trouble, reporting it as "not being wanted". And they can back that up by a quick search of this forum showing hundreds of people doing that exact same thing.
but thats something we dont know. what we do know is that Rockstar said we cant do anything about it. Personally i requested money and when punishment comes i wont mind, but I know there are people who where sorta clueless about the restrictions of either asking for money, or receiving some by chance and not telling rockstar. When i started playing GTA V i had no clue about stuff like this. Some random dude put a bounty of 500k on me, I didnt think, man i should contact Rockstar, it just didnt come to my mind. I ended up letting a friend keep it.

I'm starting to think that the people who landed in the cheaters pool today and were gifted money were trolled by the hacker who gave them the money in the first place.

[edit] meaning that the hackers who got caught turned in all of the PSN or XBL accounts that they gave money to.

The support guy is claiming that they have "internal" mechanisms to determine who has gifted money but even myself was gifted 100M+ TWICE and I'm still able to play.  Granted that may not be the case after tomorrow and Patch 1.08 is live.

And no, snitches, Sterling Malory Archer is not my PSN nor XBL ID, it's my online persona for this forum.  Woo hoo!

gta5stats.com is all they needed. LOL now anyone can know your info... so those 3-4 thousand billionaires days are numbered supposedly...

I'm not on those stats despite have 1.3 billion.
anyone can add you.... thats the problem, as soon as they have your username...

Silly question, but how do they get hold of your usename?

You can't be added to gta stats if you're social
Club isn't linked to your psn/xbl. Told you all this. No one listened.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Let's use a broader focus of thinking when talking about the "economy", stop looking only at the game itself. 

Basics of an economy, circular flow of transactions in said economic environment through the exchange of goods, services, and money, mutually beneficial to all parties.  You play the game's "jobs" to earn money to buy in-game items from R*.  Trade here:  game play for in-game rewards.  Now comes DLC, another added "service" that R* is providing for you, in order to be beneficial to them, they must be compensated somehow.  Now, since only a portion of players will be paying for this with real money, their reward for said "donation" if you will, is in-game cash to dispose of for added reward, increasing their equity in the game with extras that others chose not to pay for.  Grinders still get their rewards by continuing to play and buy the same goods, and since everyone gets the DLC, there is still balance.  What you guys need to remember to factor in, the in-game economy still includes you, the player, and R*, not just your character and their transactions.

Now, along comes glitchers, who obtained money through exploits that did not involve game play, or purchase of cash cards.  They have now tipped the scales in their favor, devaluing the R* dollar by increasing the amount of money in circulation if you will.  The perceived value of the in-game dollar is diminished in the sense that you no longer need to purchase their cash card, and hackers handing it out drop those numbers exponentially by taking out a number of those who would have bought them, they no longer need to.  Basically, there's no reason for anyone to do the "jobs" anymore, money is spent frivolously.  But R* is still providing services, updating programming and releasing DLCs, that they are not being compensated for.  Numbers drop as players tired of being griefed or outgunned at every turn stop playing, further reducing R*'s potential compensation, in other words, economy broken. 

Now, the only other plausible solution would be to stop the "Free DLC" notion, and just charge everyone at release.  Of course, there will be endless bitching about "how dare they try to take more of our hard-earned money and turn a profit for their efforts", Catch 22.  Fact of the matter is, people these days just love to bitch, and they want everything right now and they don't want to pay for it.  But for those who don't believe an economy of sorts  exists, you just aren't looking at it right. 

T
H
E
R
E

I
S

N
O

E
C
O
N
O
M
Y

I
N

G
T
A
O

O
K
?

• sportbikepilot369 likes this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

kinda depends dude. Reasonable logic says "Why report if they cant do anything about it" .... My friend reported someone doing a wall glitch, sent them the necessary info (a video), and they responded with the same generic later asking for the info he already sent. So i myself concluded, "We have to fend for ourselves" perhaps that was wrong?

Just because the customer support techs aren't allowed to send out information that hasn't been scripted for them, doesn't mean that the actual people who need the information aren't getting it. They are. The customer support people can only respond to you with certain walls of premade text. Can you imagine if one of them said something they weren't supposed to while replying to a customer? It's simple. They obtain the info and pass it along. The developers look at the info and decipher. If more people actually reported being gifted money the issue possibly wouldn't have run so rampant....they could've tacked down the exact users/crews doing it and stopped it.

As is, all it looks like is that a bunch of people went onto a forum, asking for money from hackers, then receiving it, then, only AFTER they get in trouble, reporting it as "not being wanted". And they can back that up by a quick search of this forum showing hundreds of people doing that exact same thing.
but thats something we dont know. what we do know is that Rockstar said we cant do anything about it. Personally i requested money and when punishment comes i wont mind, but I know there are people who where sorta clueless about the restrictions of either asking for money, or receiving some by chance and not telling rockstar. When i started playing GTA V i had no clue about stuff like this. Some random dude put a bounty of 500k on me, I didnt think, man i should contact Rockstar, it just didnt come to my mind. I ended up letting a friend keep it.

I'm starting to think that the people who landed in the cheaters pool today and were gifted money were trolled by the hacker who gave them the money in the first place.

[edit] meaning that the hackers who got caught turned in all of the PSN or XBL accounts that they gave money to.

The support guy is claiming that they have "internal" mechanisms to determine who has gifted money but even myself was gifted 100M+ TWICE and I'm still able to play.  Granted that may not be the case after tomorrow and Patch 1.08 is live.

And no, snitches, Sterling Malory Archer is not my PSN nor XBL ID, it's my online persona for this forum.  Woo hoo!

gta5stats.com is all they needed. LOL now anyone can know your info... so those 3-4 thousand billionaires days are numbered supposedly...

I'm not on those stats despite have 1.3 billion.
anyone can add you.... thats the problem, as soon as they have your username...

Silly question, but how do they get hold of your usename?

You can't be added to gta stats if you're social
Club isn't linked to your psn/xbl. Told you all this. No one listened.

thanks for reminding me, i forgot

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

How about those who payed cashcards, then a hacker has given them billions and they'd had their character reset and all their money taken? There was an example earlier in this thread of someone who bought a cashscard and this happened to them.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

How about those who payed cashcards, then a hacker has given them billions and they'd had their character reset and all their money taken? There was an example earlier in this thread of someone who bought a cashscard and this happened to them.

I'll bet there's a good # of these instances...

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by Ninjambie, 18 December 2013 - 12:24 AM.

So I decide, what the hell since everyone is in cheaters I mind as well play. Since you know i'm broke now I gota start grinding again. First session I join I get 50mil gifted to me and there's 3 billion dollar bounties.  :blink:

I bought some chradders and left.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

That's up to them to provide proof really, cant say that it doesn't happen.

I_Love_Your_TDs
  • I_Love_Your_TDs

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Take away money but whats the point after you have bought everything?

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by Canucks555, 18 December 2013 - 12:27 AM.

lulls!

i was placed in the cheaters pool today after someone else was doing the exact same thing as i was i was doing the money glitch in patch 1.05 but after that i was only doing the duplicate cars glitch and i was reported by SNK Rewind just because i didn't show him how to do the duplicate cars glitch after the 1.06 update. He reported me and i lost all my money but i did things to prevent this i got rid of my modded car and stopped doing glitches the only glitches i did were the north yankton glitch and the 185,000 dollar cargobob purchase glitch i also removed SNK Rewind for swearing and offending me with cruel language i thank you for your time and please take me off the cheaters pool as soon as possible

-This is what every glitch thread on this forum sounds like. Like it was written by this clown

-Just so you guys know lol..

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

:lol:  people actually buy those things? :blink:

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

@ Set on Fire, your feeble brain not being able to fathom an in-game economy doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

*FBI arrests RPS for being a knowing accomplice to a felony*

With your logic, everybody who was unwillingly gifted cash was happy to have it. What if some weren't and wanted it gone to avoid bans, but it was too late, banned or no action by almighty R* was taken and you were banned? What is your piece of sh*t justification for that?

ALTERNATE STORY:

KJT: "Here, man, take this billion dollars worth of diamonds"

RPS: "Ummm...I don't want this"

KJT: "Too bad, sucka!!! I'm outta here"

*RPS calls police, informs them of the issue and what happened. Gives description of the KJT*

FBI: "well, thank you for informing us. Go ahead and keep it for now until since we don't know where it came from"

*RPS gets arrested to jail for theft of diamonds*

*RPS Attorney shows FBI the report of diamond thief and record of FBI saying not to worry about it*

*FBI takes RPS's stolen diamond, tells him he is free to leave and he will not be put in jail for this issue*

RPS: "Whew. Glad I was honest about that."

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Awesome point.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

@ Set on Fire, your feeble brain not being able to fathom an in-game economy doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Can we trade ? Can you sell me anything ? Can I buy anything off you ?

Get back to me when you got this one figured out, mkay ?

Glocninez
  • Glocninez

I mod while you cry.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

I've managed to get my first character that I started modding banned after a week. I believe it's due to Social Club. If you want to mod safely make sure you don't have social club linked as well as don't do stupid god mode or put 1m bounties on people. 

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Wrong. We all paid our $60 to play the game. R* was "compensated". As of yet there has been 1 DLC, and while free, it sucked sh*t through a straw. I agree it was f*cking stupid to go with a free DLC model, but how is that our fault? The only DLC I'm remotely interested in is the casino which I would be more than happy to pay a small fee for. the idea of "pay us more if you want good DLC" (buy cash cards) is bullsh*t and completely backwards. You put out the product, THEN we pay for it (if it's good).

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

*FBI arrests RPS for being a knowing accomplice to a felony*

With your logic, everybody who was unwillingly gifted cash was happy to have it. What if some weren't and wanted it gone to avoid bans, but it was too late, banned or no action by almighty R* was taken and you were banned? What is your piece of sh*t justification for that?

ALTERNATE STORY:

KJT: "Here, man, take this billion dollars worth of diamonds"

RPS: "Ummm...I don't want this"

KJT: "Too bad, sucka!!! I'm outta here"

*RPS calls police, informs them of the issue and what happened. Gives description of the KJT*

FBI: "well, thank you for informing us. Go ahead and keep it for now until since we don't know where it came from"

*RPS gets arrested to jail for theft of diamonds*

*RPS Attorney shows FBI the report of diamond thief and record of FBI saying not to worry about it*

*FBI takes RPS's stolen diamond, tells him he is free to leave and he will not be put in jail for this issue*

RPS: "Whew. Glad I was honest about that."

If you're going to try to use this analogy, you're going to have to factor in that the person receiving these diamonds has no way of contacting any law enforcement without exiting the Universe into the Greater Universe and navigating that elsewhere--without being told anywhere in the Universe this is an option.
Not everybody who plays this game browses GTA related internet content.  The only interface they have is the game, and the game offers no way of reporting such activity, nor any warning that such activity can get you in trouble for being the victim of.

• sportbikepilot369 likes this

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:40 AM Edited by Bitches_Brew, 18 December 2013 - 12:40 AM.

I too am in the cheater pool, which I wouldnt mind if it werent for the stupid dunce cap.

your not setting a very good example "forum leader". :miranda:

The only example I try to set around here is how to conduct yourself as a forum member. I could give two sh*ts how you play online as long as it doesnt affect the GTA Forums, which is my only responsibility regarding such a topic. I dont work for R*. Im a gamer like the rest of you.

:lol: i should have added :sarcasm: at the end instead.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Can you trade with someone on the other side of the planet from you?  Right now?  Trade something with Chong Ming in Shanghai, right now, go for it. 

Consider it a geographical boundary or trade restriction, if you wanna examine monetary barter.  If anything, we're trading eachother's time spent in the game nimblenuts.

punchdrunkMMA
  • punchdrunkMMA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

Rockstar clearly didn't fix anything because there are people running around setting billion dollar bounties in the Cheaters lobby. I also just had some random person put a billion dollars in my account. Definitely made sure to email Rockstar right away this time. Silliness abounds!

Blaze1214
  • Blaze1214

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

I think they are catching people if u linked ur x box or psn account to social club. I searched my social club name on gta5stats and it says stats couldn't be found on rockstar servers.

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by Thr33X, 18 December 2013 - 12:45 AM.

wtf is this sh*t. I now have a lvl 307, lvl 151, lvl 78 and lvl 43 all in cheater pool. Between the 4 accounts i had 20-25bil but it was all earned legit from killing bounties. I don't check how much the bounty is i just slay dots on the minimap. Cockstar are real sh*tlords.  My only non-cheater pool account is a lvl 13 with 12mil. 

Okay, your lvl 13, I repeat LEVEL 13 char has 12 Mil bucks...legit? I believe that like I believe the Tooth Fairy looks like The Rock. Your 13 has more money than my LvL 50. I've not even broken double digit in the millions column as far as money goes, and I do collect bounties and do all kinds of jobs, so you might as well get ready to have ALL your chars get banned, and start playing legit for real cuz you're not fooling anyone.

Or just start playing something else.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

was in the cheater pool for 5 minutes, with zero dollars and a hacker gave everyone in the room 120 mil each...These next 9.5 months will fly by since I got plenty of chedda...

FUKK U ROCKSTAR.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:45 AM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 18 December 2013 - 12:46 AM.

"Broader focus" as in, R* took the term economy, applied their own definition, and threw it out there for people who don't understand how an economy functions to adopt? 

• sportbikepilot369 and SetOnFire like this

lo0p
  • lo0p

I hate players.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

But I do feel sorry for the legit players getting banned.  Most of the people who are intentionally cheating will know how to get out of bans/cheaters/bad sport/whatever.  People that will be stuck in these bad lobbies are most likely just regular players that got gifted or bountied millions/billions and don't know about all the stuff we're discussing here. 

amine-griffy
  • amine-griffy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

For people who are taking the piss soon they will come here whining and complaining oh I join empty servers I only find 4-5 players per session
Do you think people will stay playing the game if they got banned no everybody will quit there's a new gen out and exciting game such as battlefield or cod or nfs who are massively populated .
People will move on and I for one will do the same cause I've had enough I was thinking about quitting Ages ago but this is pushed me more so enough is enough and good luck for those who will continue playing this .

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Can you trade with someone on the other side of the planet from you?  Right now?  Trade something with Chong Ming in Shanghai, right now, go for it. 

Consider it a geographical boundary or trade restriction, if you wanna examine monetary barter.  If anything, we're trading eachother's time spent in the game nimblenuts.

Actually you can trade something with Mr. Ming right now.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Now you're just being silly.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

If you're going to try to use this analogy, you're going to have to factor in that the person receiving these diamonds has no way of contacting any law enforcement without exiting the Universe into the Greater Universe and navigating that elsewhere--without being told anywhere in the Universe this is an option.
Not everybody who plays this game browses GTA related internet content.  The only interface they have is the game, and the game offers no way of reporting such activity, nor any warning that such activity can get you in trouble for being the victim of.

You just need a report of when it happened. You can do that by sending a report on the player from in game. It stamps it with date/time, which can be matched up to your bank account date/time.

But, whatever...keep on crying. I find this sh*t absolutely hilarious as I doubt 80% of people on this forum are being honest due to the fact that just last week, everyone was bragging about being gifted a ton of money. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users