Photo

LS traffic AI being a douche.

42 replies to this topic
AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

So what have you noticed in the behaviour of the traffic?

That whenever I'm going in a straight line at top speed, another car turns at just the wrong time to send me spinning out of control. They've been doing this since the 3D games.

Assholes.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:38 AM

yep they are all pretty dumb and bad drivers... kinda realistic.

"oh look someone going 160 mph let me swerve right into them"

happens all the time.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

Imagine...if your car was stuck at 5mph.
imagine you having no destination to go except going around the block 5000 times a day, imagine if all of a sudden some douche comes flying past just flaunting his chrome adder in your face. Of your gonna swerve into it.
  • backfromthestorm, RiaJay21 and vozi45 like this

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:20 AM Edited by MulleDK19, 07 January 2014 - 06:28 AM.

Do you notice sometimes when you drive over a crossing, a car careening from the side seem to have a calculated speed, so you always crash in the its side, if you don't brake or avoid it?
Or when you overtake a car in a bend, you can be sure that there WILL be a car in opposite lane?
Cars seem to block the turn displayed in my GPS and slightly sway in the opposing lane, when i try to pass them close.

And the civil courage of the drivers during police chases! FFS, don't you tell me about lack of vigilante missions in GTAV, the NPCs are doing it all the time!

So what have you noticed in the behaviour of the traffic?

God, I thought I was the only one.

It's even worse than GTA IV. Cars seem to constantly try to hit you.
http://www.treesoft....ckThisShit7.mp4
http://www.treesoft....ckThisShit9.mp4

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

They also didn't see your towed cars or trails, THEY WILL ALWAYS TRY TO HIT YOUR TRAILER ITS SO ANNOYING! FFS R*

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

B*tch Dont Kill My Vibe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

I swear its been like that with every gta game it pisses me off especially when your in a race ir a cop chase and they turn as slow as possible and you end up tboning and i also hate that annoying gta sudden spawn glitch in front of you when you look back.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Lol, take a car on the highway, and put your camera looking backward, don't do it for a second or two, do it the entire time you're driving from Blaine County past the prison all the way to the city of Los Santos, you will see when you use the backward camera view, that NO cars are hardly EVER on the road in front of you.  But if you switch back quickly, you can see cars spawning and despawning in front AND behind you.  Like people have said, this has been happening in all GTA's since III when I started.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Yeah I've started noticing them speed up a little and then slow down just as they're lined up in my path, and then we crash. This is why I started driving a tank everywhere I go. And appropriately most cars have been much more responsive to the sound of my tank's horn, however some still try to pull the same old bullsh*t, in which case I 'honk' my tank's other horn. :sly:

You gotta love the asshats who crash right into the tank, like they think their f*cking Stratum is gonna push it out of the way.

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

I thought the AI in V was MUCH better than in IV...

*thinks back to speeding over the Algonquin bridge and all the taxis making crazy lane changes causing me to slam into anything and everything*  :sui:

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:46 AM Edited by MulleDK19, 09 January 2014 - 12:47 AM.

*thinks back to speeding over the Algonquin bridge and all the taxis making crazy lane changes causing me to slam into anything and everything*  :sui:

Are you kidding me? They still do that... They couldn't bother making the vehicles switch lanes slowly, so they just made them turn the wheels like they're trying to avoid something when they switch lanes. Giving you zero chance of reacting if some idiot AI decides to switch lanes.

This also causes the AI to almost lose control when it's wet: http://treesoft.dk/t...ckThisShit8.mp4

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

Are you kidding me? They still do that... They couldn't bother making the vehicles switch lanes slowly, so they just made them turn the wheels like they're trying to avoid something when they switch lanes. Giving you zero chance of reacting if some idiot AI decides to switch lanes.

I think it has something to do with improper path seperation between the lower railway deck and the upper road deck on the Algonquin Bridge. As a result road traffic swerves out of the 'way' of the trains that travel underneath. I cannot understand how that problem got through game testing.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Hmm ... in comparison, I haven't had too many bad experiences. I mean, usually if a car crashes into me, I've run a red light, but the random lane changes ... yeah. Oh, you wanted that vehicle delivered in perfect condition? Yeah, not gonna happen.

One thing I have noticed more and more, though. If a ped crashes their car into, say, a telephone pole, they'll just reverse a little way and then ... smash into it. Again. Repeatedly. Until the engine catches fire.

Which is hilarious until you realize you're in a taxi. The driver bails on you, but still makes you pay for the journey.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

"That man is standing in front of my car 90 feet away, BETTER FLOOR IT!"

Super GTA V realism, captures douche California driving in the safety of a simulation.

Get hit in Liberty City? Driver gets out of the car to check on you, maybe bitch you out.

Get hit in Los Santos? Driver speeds that motherf*cker away at mach-5.

• Alvarez and vozi45 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users