Photo

LS traffic AI being a douche.

42 replies to this topic
Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

Do you notice sometimes when you drive over a crossing, a car careening from the side seem to have a calculated speed, so you always crash in the its side, if you don't brake or avoid it?

Or when you overtake a car in a bend, you can be sure that there WILL be a car in opposite lane?

Cars seem to block the turn displayed in my GPS and slightly sway in the opposing lane, when i try to pass them close.

And the civil courage of the drivers during police chases! FFS, don't you tell me about lack of vigilante missions in GTAV, the NPCs are doing it all the time!

So what have you noticed in the behaviour of the traffic?

• Peiva's Laahdin likes this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

How could they know what you are about to do? Do I need to remind you that you're going damn fast in this game and that traffic certainly won't see you coming? Just be more carefull when you go pass the other cars, simple as that.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

I've noticed the first thing a bit, LS drivers seem to have just awful timing with those left turns.

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Lol it's not that hard for the game to spawn cars in such a way that screws you over... in fact I can almost guarantee that's what is going on.

• Alvarez likes this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Lately, I've been noticing a lot of AI doing U-turns on highways, but it never was like this before the 1.07 patch..  :/

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:39 AM Edited by Alvarez, 17 December 2013 - 09:40 AM.

How could they know what you are about to do? Do I need to remind you that you're going damn fast in this game and that traffic certainly won't see you coming? Just be more carefull when you go pass the other cars, simple as that.

No, it's not.

Sure, in ordinary traffic this is pretty self-centered to think that every single driver tries to sabotage your forthcoming, but this is a game mechanic we speak of, so, SavageSalad is probably right about spawning speeding vehicles on collision course.

And it's not about 'knowing'. The game AI 'assumes' you will drive over crossing with constant speed and direction, so it sends a vehicle with according speed to the point where the collision will take place, if you don't change speed and direction.

Do i also need to remind you, that LS is no city life simulator as advertised? Everything happens just in players vicinity, not in the background.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

1. AI Drivers don't know what a Yield Sign is and what to do when they come close to one.

2. AI Drivers change to your lane forcing you to press on the brakes to avoid colition.

3. When driving on curvy roads, if you get close to the lane separation line, AI drivers try to avoid you by trying to crash into you... No sense at all.

4. No matter what you do you will always get honked at.

• Morons03 and vozi45 like this

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Five "O" Clock

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

Don't know if it was lagging or anything. But i was playing GTAOnline last night and ran across the road, A car with no lights on comes out of no where and runs me over and drains my health causing me to die.

Result, After he ran me over, He stopped and put he's lights on then he drove off. 

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Don't know if it was lagging or anything. But i was playing GTAOnline last night and ran across the road, A car with no lights on comes out of no where and runs me over and drains my health causing me to die.

Result, After he ran me over, He stopped and put he's lights on then he drove off. 

i bet $1million that it was the crazy dude in the black sentinel.

you seach on google and you will find stories about people getting run over by this npc.

it doesnt matter if is day or night, they guy simply spawn with 1 mission in mind, to run over you!

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Thought I was the only one who experienced this, its quite annoying tbh

super cool driving skills

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

the cars give absolutely no right of way. they make sure to turn into you at in intersection that is clearly marked with a stop sign. ive also noticed at large junction cross roads that there will be vehicles that will purposely ram into the side of your vehicle when their lane is still on a red light.

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

This is true, I agree. I was ina freaking 5 star wanted level chase on Rockford Hills and this ugly piece of sh*t:

https://www.google.p...m%2FFQ2;734;413

Goes right in front of me.

And in case you are wondering no I don't know how to post pictures

GTAglezga
  • GTAglezga

(LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Generally I find the AI more intelligent than all the real online players. Crazy eh.

• grumpy cat meme, RaeTrillionaire and vozi45 like this

jonkoroken420
  • jonkoroken420

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

I believe they're kind of scripted to sway out towards you, It even happens when you drive past some on the sidewalk, They sway onto the sidewalk to bump into you.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

1. AI Drivers don't know what a Yield Sign is and what to do when they come close to one.

2. AI Drivers change to your lane forcing you to press on the brakes to avoid colition.

3. When driving on curvy roads, if you get close to the lane separation line, AI drivers try to avoid you by trying to crash into you... No sense at all.

4. No matter what you do you will always get honked at.

Oh god numbers 3 and 4. Make them stop please. Every f*cking time I go for a casual drive these two things ALWAYS occur.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

I find that whenever I'm trying to export a car for Simeon, the traffic seems to have it in for me. Whenever I'm driving in free roam, the occasional idiot will pull out in front of me or side swipe me. Thing that irritates me are the cops. I'll be walking across the street, they'll plow into ME and then I get wanted stars?!?! Really irritating. 

GTAglezga
  • GTAglezga

(LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

OMG ur k/d ratio is soo cool!

v v impressive :)

(yes, I am a simpleton :)  )

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

it was far worse in gta san andreas

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by darkdayz, 17 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Do you notice sometimes when you drive over a crossing, a car careening from the side seem to have a calculated speed, so you always crash in the its side, if you don't brake or avoid it?

Or when you overtake a car in a bend, you can be sure that there WILL be a car in opposite lane?

Cars seem to block the turn displayed in my GPS and slightly sway in the opposing lane, when i try to pass them close.

And the civil courage of the drivers during police chases! FFS, don't you tell me about lack of vigilante missions in GTAV, the NPCs are doing it all the time!

So what have you noticed in the behaviour of the traffic?

I have noticed that cars will seemingly change lane to the one you're driving in when in pursuit. Thus causing you to crash into the back of it. It's scripted too, whenever you're in mission on a chase, Rockstar always throws obstacles at you, cars, trucks. It's extremely annoying and by no means an accident.

It has always been like that too. But I'm glad a bug from previous games was fixed in GTA V. There was a bug where you would be driving, look around or behind your vehicle to check for police or people following in mission or if shooting, and then change to normal view and cars would spawn in front of you, whilst you were looking behind. This was fixed in V though thankfully.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

No, it's not.

Sure, in ordinary traffic this is pretty self-centered to think that every single driver tries to sabotage your forthcoming, but this is a game mechanic we speak of, so, SavageSalad is probably right about spawning speeding vehicles on collision course.

And it's not about 'knowing'. The game AI 'assumes' you will drive over crossing with constant speed and direction, so it sends a vehicle with according speed to the point where the collision will take place, if you don't change speed and direction.

Do i also need to remind you, that LS is no city life simulator as advertised? Everything happens just in players vicinity, not in the background.

Whatever may be the case, the point is, be carefull when you see other cars.

• Alvarez likes this

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by MulleDK19, 17 December 2013 - 04:24 PM.

I hate this. Their vehicle spawning system is even more flawed than GTA IV. It always spawns cars in a place where they're always about to turn left.

Pretty much every time you pass a car he turns left into you.

They even seem to deliberately decide to cut you off even though they were going another direction. (Last car, here): http://treesoft.dk/t...ckThisShit7.mp4

And it doesn't make it better that due to the fact that this is a console game (I'm a PC player), they had to use a fake physics system for cars more than like 50 meters away, which gets swapped in and out as you get close or farther away. And the speeds the fake physics system uses and the real physics system uses is not the same, so if you're crossing an intersection where a car is passing at a certain speed, and you determine that if you continue at the same speed you're going, it'll cross the intersection before you get to hit it, you're wrong, as the real physics system will kick in as you get closer and like half the speed, so your calculation goes down the drain, and you hit it. (You can actually see this in the first scene of the video above, where the AI car turns really fast, then as you get close, his speed instantly halfs).

And the AI is so bad, you can't drive legally without them thinking you're hitting them. If you're going in a turn like this (, AIs will drive into your lane because they think you'll hit them, due to the fact that the game doesn't make any kind of predictions.

wllg.png

Orange car = You.

Yellow car = AI.

Green line = The path you're actually going to drive.

Red line = Your current instantenous direction. Which is the only thing AIs consider, so this turn will make the AI think you hit it, and drive into your lane, to try and avoid you, even though you're never going to hit them.

• zielarz119 likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

I agree with almost ALL the above statements pertaining to vehicles that not ALL, but a lot of the cars do get in your way, stop in the middle of traffic even if they have a green light, make U-Turns in the f*cking highway, in a way, try to "run into you" or side-swipe you.  It's horrendous especially after 1.07.  1.07 equals death to this game for me.  I don't like turning it on just to see 30 minutes (real life time) of countless Ballers and vans and sh*tty sedans.  SUV's also just take more of the road up as they are hogs and need to get the f*ck out of the way.  Wrong thread, though, there is already a thread about 1.07 f*cking up the car spawns significantly.  Byebye super car spawns and sports car spawns, welcome SUV spawns and Van spawns.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by SouthLand, 17 December 2013 - 04:55 PM.

I hate this. Their vehicle spawning system is even more flawed than GTA IV. It always spawns cars in a place where they're always about to turn left.

Pretty much every time you pass a car he turns left into you.

They even seem to deliberately decide to cut you off even though they were going another direction. (Last car, here): http://treesoft.dk/t...ckThisShit7.mp4

And it doesn't make it better that due to the fact that this is a console game (I'm a PC player), they had to use a fake physics system for cars more than like 50 meters away, which gets swapped in and out as you get close or farther away. And the speeds the fake physics system uses and the real physics system uses is not the same, so if you're crossing an intersection where a car is passing at a certain speed, and you determine that if you continue at the same speed you're going, it'll cross the intersection before you get to hit it, you're wrong, as the real physics system will kick in as you get closer and like half the speed, so your calculation goes down the drain, and you hit it. (You can actually see this in the first scene of the video above, where the AI car turns really fast, then as you get close, his speed instantly halfs).

And the AI is so bad, you can't drive legally without them thinking you're hitting them. If you're going in a turn like this (, AIs will drive into your lane because they think you'll hit them, due to the fact that the game doesn't make any kind of predictions.

wllg.png

Orange car = You.

Yellow car = AI.

Green line = The path you're actually going to drive.

Red line = Your current instantenous direction. Which is the only thing AIs consider, so this turn will make the AI think you hit it, and drive into your lane, to try and avoid you, even though you're never going to hit them.

Very well said! Sometimes i like to drive legally on SP and just cruise around nice sunsets and stuff but it's impossible to keep your car without an AI driver hitting you.

EDIT :

I bet R* watched too much Russian dash cam videos and got inspiration from them...

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

lol ur like 10 years late the whole npcs in this game are retarded as hell and nobody gives a sh*t about it :) :) :) :)

GTAglezga
  • GTAglezga

(LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

It's cos half of the peds are on toilet cleaner :)

You get bad drivers IRL

Yeah this is a very valid topic :)

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by Alvarez, 17 December 2013 - 06:07 PM.

it was far worse in gta san andreas

I remember this. Highway to San Fierro, when suddenly

@MulleDK19

Yes, that f*cking civil courage!

It's like every driver in LS have a radio set and is set up against you.

"CB19, player contanct confirmed, on your 5. Constant 75MPH, go get him tiger."

And suddenly i have to think about Wreck-It Ralph...

[offtopic]and what the NPCs say in a pub after the console is being turned off[/offtopic]

Morons03
  • Morons03

Angry Gamer-Formerly Postit123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

I once got stuck at a intersection for about 3 in-game hours because only one car went when the light turned green.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

Be Yourself is best advice anyone can give.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by Tuskin38, 07 January 2014 - 01:17 AM.

Well in a sea of problems I noticed they have one improvement over GTA4, if you stop at a Red Light they don't honk at you or try to pass you unless the light is green and you're not moving.

They did that all the time in GTA4, yet to see them do it in 5.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Why the f*ck does the AI like to TRY TO SWITCH LANES IN A SINGLE LANE ROAD? I swear they do it to purposely hit you, there's probably a script for this sh*t.

Also another VERY questionable action the AI does, if you are driving, and are coming up to an intersection, look closely to the AI drivers that are crossing. (Imagine an intersection where the light for you is red, so the cars in the other lanes are crossing)

I noticed that they actually SPEED UP to hit you when your crossing, I have recreated this many times, I even held down left on the dpad to go into slow mo and I am sure that they speed up to hit you.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

What becomes of the broken hearted?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Yeah I've started noticing them speed up a little and then slow down just as they're lined up in my path, and then we crash. This is why I started driving a tank everywhere I go. And appropriately most cars have been much more responsive to the sound of my tank's horn, however some still try to pull the same old bullsh*t, in which case I 'honk' my tank's other horn. :sly:

• gunziness and Ciaran like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users