Quantcast

» «
Photo

Yoga this, Yoga that, Yoga replaced Gang Wars, Yoga etc etc..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic
Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yoga is for those who love Yoga. Simple. Yoga is now a lifestyle in modern world we are living *just in case it isn't obvious*

There are several apps today for it as well. Rockstar could have stretched the fun part of it with some IFruit mechanism instead of ( or just ) training the Choppy the Doggie lol

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yoga probably didn't "replace" anything, it's just a completely useless activity, especially when you think about what else could have been put in.

Oh good, this thread is about to go full circle and continue to go round and round without any sensible discussion. You don't like Yoga? Don't play with it. 

If you're not a f*cking braindead dullard, try it and see if you can appreciate that they've actually captured something quite well - whether  you like it or not. It replaced nothing. They didn't take something out to put it in. They just put it in. 

It's amazing how much you get shot down on this forum for having an opinion. As well captured as Yoga is, it feels like a dull and out-of-place activity in an action game like GTA. That's just the way I see it, but I guess I'm a "dullard" if I think otherwise.

I may be wrong, but R* aren't looking at this with the perspective of 'what's appropriate for GTA' beyond the cars, guns and crimes.

I think they're aiming more for 'what is appropriate to this story' or 'what is appropriate as a reflection of modern LA'. As gang crime is on the down turn and Yoga is on the up, I think it's entirely appropriate. 

And I didn't mean you specifically when I said dullard, I meant it in a crass, sweeping generalisation of the entire Yoga-bashing, non-stop complaining audience of the V boards. 

• G.S.T likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

It's amazing how much you get shot down on this forum for having an opinion. As well captured as Yoga is, it feels like a dull and out-of-place activity in an action game like GTA. That's just the way I see it, but I guess I'm a "dullard" if I think otherwise.

I agree with this, I too have the same view of it. I don't think it's the worst idea, but it really has no place in a game like crime and action game GTA, especially when other more relevant features have not been included. It just adds more insult to injury.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

I agree with this, I too have the same view of it. I don't think it's the worst idea, but it really has no place in a game like crime and action game GTA, especially when other more relevant features have not been included. It just adds more insult to injury.

Gang wars and drug dealing, by any chance?

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

If you people seriously think Yoga takes up that much space then I have some bad news for you. 

A script, yoga, is a script.

That's all.

How mad? Just tell me how mad?

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

In the grand scheme of things, developing yoga couldn't have taken them more than 40-80 man hours.  Whereas some of the features claimed it had replaced (Vig, gang wars, etc) all are much more extensive activities when compared to yoga.  There's no way they were sitting down at a producers/directors meeting and said "We have enough time to implement one more side activity, and our choices are: Yoga, Vig, Gang Wars, ETC".

My point is: There was going to be yoga or no yoga.  If they would've scrapped yoga, we wouldn't have gotten anything in its place.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by Official General, 17 December 2013 - 02:53 PM.

Gang wars and drug dealing, by any chance?

Well with GTA being a game primarily about crime, that means any in-game activity relating to crime. Does not have to be just gang wars and drug dealing, but of course those two would be included  ;)

I think they're aiming more for 'what is appropriate to this story' or 'what is appropriate as a reflection of modern LA'. As gang crime is on the down turn and Yoga is on the up, I think it's entirely appropriate. 

Ha ha !! Looool  :blink:  :lol:

Not being rude, but I've never heard such bullsh*t on here like this in a while. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Not being rude, but I've never heard such bullsh*t on here like this on a while. 

Fair play mate, but I think you'll find I'm right on that one. Your view on the game is very narrow. You just want a thug life simulator, I get that, I understand - the constant reference to the 'missing' mini-games really cement the way you feel. 

You have to look at the bigger picture. You have to try and think with a little more agility. 

• cldd and jptawok like this

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Not being rude, but I've never heard such bullsh*t on here like this on a while. 

Fair play mate, but I think you'll find I'm right on that one. Your view on the game is very narrow. You just want a thug life simulator, I get that, I understand - the constant reference to the 'missing' mini-games really cement the way you feel. 

You have to look at the bigger picture. You have to try and think with a little more agility. 

FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS.

Rockstar shapes the activities around what kind of environment they are working with.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by Official General, 17 December 2013 - 02:57 PM.

With regards to GTA - of course I want a thug life simulator, I sure don't want a f**king slightly more aggressive version of The Sims. 

That is exactly what drew me to series in the first place, the chance to play as a thug, a gangster, mobster in a video game, complete with it's own free-roaming world. The outdoor, leisure stuff I have no issue with, as long as the crime aspect of side activities is covered properly first, If that had happened in V, I would not even have noticed yoga enough to ridicule it. 

• UchihaRingo likes this

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I get what you're saying, since GTA3 I've looked at the bigger picture, I remember playing it standing on the bridge that linked Staunton Isand to SSV and thinking wow this is a crime game but it could also double up as some sort of sight seeing game, the views were that impressive...so since then I've always looked at GTA games as more than crime simulators....

BUT

With regards to the whole yoga thing, I personally dont have a problem with it....it doesnt really add much to the game but it is what it is, the problem I have is that why would you choose to include something like yoga yet leave out a load of crime orientated mini games such as drug dealing, gang wars, home invasions, kidnapping etc. from a game that has historically been about crime/illegal activities. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 17 December 2013 - 03:11 PM.

With regards to GTA - of course I want a thug life simulator, I sure don't want a f**king slightly more aggressive version of The Sims. 

Yeah, but, that's not what GTA V is. Such a cop-out of an answer. Try harder. 

GTA categorically CAN NOT be compared to the Sims because they are totally different games. Sure, they have people in them and you can put clothes on those people and make them sleep, but that's as far as it goes. You can't drive a car at 260mph up the freeway while getting chased by cops. You can't attack a military base with a stolen jet fighter. You can't set fire to a mountain lion's stinking, stomped on corpse. 

I tried, the game was very limited. 

I really enjoy butting heads with you, Offish. I genuinely do. 

---

P.S. The story has quite a focus on Yoga, in terms of one of the main characters wife is f*cking her instructor. They've added this in as a story device more than anything - the aging, retired career criminal who gives in and tries it for the sake of trying to save his marriage. Just having a cutscene of him doing some yoga would have sucked. 

To those that are so upset about yoga being in the game... I can only suggest  you give it a try in real life. It might relax your puckered sphincters a little bit. 

• John Smith likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 17 December 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Guys, word of advice: Don't take anything Official General has to say seriously anymore. 

The guy put me on his ignore list because I put him in his place time after time after time. Whenever he couldn't refute a legitimate argument, he would bow out with..."you're just repeating yourself bro". Hypocrisy at its finest coming from this guy. 

His sole purpose on this forum is to constantly remind everyone that... 

-V didn't have enough gang wars 

-V didn't have enough drug dealing 

-V was a "cops and leisure" game 

-Trevor was the worst protag ever because he was violent and scruffy. We should've had a clean-cut protag like Justin Bieber 

So don't waste your time with him, because if you present him with too many logical counters, he'll puss out by adding you to his ignore list too.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

That is exactly what drew me to series in the first place, the chance to play as a thug, a gangster, mobster in a video game, complete with it's own free-roaming world. The outdoor, leisure stuff I have no issue with, as long as the crime aspect of side activities is covered properly first, If that had happened in V, I would not even have noticed yoga enough to ridicule it. 

Don't mind Fuzzywumpkins, he/she/it was the guy/bitch/thing trying to convince everybody we should have a female protagonist by referencing granny godmothers that sat down on a chair giving out orders. What Fuzzywumpkins says shouldn't be taken seriously.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

Don't mind Fuzzywumpkins, he/she/it was the guy/bitch/thing trying to convince everybody we should have a female protagonist by referencing granny godmothers that sat down on a chair giving out orders. What Fuzzywumpkins says shouldn't be taken seriously.

Interesting story. You should consider a career in fiction. 

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

The logic is really quite simple. People are aggravated that things they liked about GTA have been removed from the game after being a staple part of the GTA formula for many years, myself included. There are a lot of activities from the old games which have either been removed or neutered in some way.

The fact that these have been removed, and Yoga somehow made it in as an activity is why people are complaining about it "replacing" them. Why is that so hard to grasp?

• UchihaRingo likes this

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

The logic is really quite simple. People are aggravated that things they liked about GTA have been removed from the game after being a staple part of the GTA formula for many years, myself included. There are a lot of activities from the old games which have either been removed or neutered in some way.

The fact that these have been removed, and Yoga somehow made it in as an activity is why people are complaining about it "replacing" them. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Rockstar Defence League doesnt like people having negative opinions about the game.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

This is turning to extremes of IMO's.
Everybody can't just ignore yoga as if it forces you to play.
Nobody said this stuff but it's pretty ugly to judge yoga as a replacement rather an addition.
It's in your eyes how you look at it. But that won't answer the question about replacement since no one has a f*cking clue except rockstar.
This forum is so filled with hot headed goofiness around makes a decent topic derailed in a second.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

What's so hard to grasp about the concept that it didn't replace them? It was added, the others weren't.

So, you see, they didn't 'take out' the others and 'put in' yoga in their place. They just weren't ever added to the new engine. Yoga was. Semantics. Etc. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by Official General, 17 December 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Yeah, but, that's not what GTA V is. Such a cop-out of an answer. Try harder. 

GTA categorically CAN NOT be compared to the Sims because they are totally different games. Sure, they have people in them and you can put clothes on those people and make them sleep, but that's as far as it goes. You can't drive a car at 260mph up the freeway while getting chased by cops. You can't attack a military base with a stolen jet fighter. You can't set fire to a mountain lion's stinking, stomped on corpse. 

I tried, the game was very limited. 

I really enjoy butting heads with you, Offish. I genuinely do. 

---

P.S. The story has quite a focus on Yoga, in terms of one of the main characters wife is f*cking her instructor. They've added this in as a story device more than anything - the aging, retired career criminal who gives in and tries it for the sake of trying to save his marriage. Just having a cutscene of him doing some yoga would have sucked. 

To those that are so upset about yoga being in the game... I can only suggest  you give it a try in real life. It might relax your puckered sphincters a little bit. 

@ Fuzz

That was a perfect response to you last comment. You're just a little irked that it never threw me off course and I gave you a direct, solid reply. I did not cop out to anything. You asked me a straight question and I gave you a straight answer. I'm sorry, but I just cannot help you, if you did not like my answer. 

Of course GTA is more than just a crime game, you can many other things and play the game in your own way that does not have to be very crime-orientated. You could just dress up, go out socializing, eat and go home and sleep in every session without doing the story missions if you wanted to. I know all this bruv. BUT GTA V is predominantly a crime/action game and simulator like any other GTA - by you saying otherwise, you are just being blindly ignorant just to make your comments appear like they make valid sense. 

And I've already explained that yoga being in the game did not bother me too much, it is the fact that Rockstar can include that and not other activities relating to crime that are much more fun and interesting than yoga.

My Sims comparison to V was just to highlight a point I was making, it was not supposed to be taken too literally. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 17 December 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Rockstar Defence League doesnt like people having negative opinions about the game.

Rockstar Offence League doesn't like people having positive opinions about the game. 

The lines have been drawn gentlemen. Let battle commence. 

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

sh*t, said it for the first time ..'f*cking' the word always wanted to avoid

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:30 PM Edited by Official General, 17 December 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Rockstar Offence Leage doesn't like people having positive opinions about the game. 

Correction boys it's the Rockstar Defence Force.

The RDF are back in town.

RDF-logo-0EFD54C9B0-seeklogo.com.gif

SaudiSpecialForces.jpg

• carmelo3 likes this

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Rockstar Offence Leage doesn't like people having positive opinions about the game. 

You spelt league wrong, fix it Fuzzywumpkins.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

"Fuzzywumpkins"?

Wow, the wit is strong with this one...

No, the "Rockstar Defence League" (or 'adults', as I like to call them) doesn't like entitled little brats who are spitting their dummy's out because they didn't get every single goddam thing their own way.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Seriously guys.  Expecting R* to carry over every single feature from every past GTA is unrealistic, idiotic, and quite self serving. 

Gyms were a waste of time/space.

Restaurants.

Clunky Stealth.

Clunky, unrewarding home invasions.

BMX/Motorbike stunt courses were frustrating at the very least.

Races have always had magical, Andretti skilled drivers.

Gang Wars...?  Really?  You want to walk to a purple square, shoot purple guys until more purple guys show up, then GG?  What is so innovative and interesting about this?

Drug wars?  What GTA actually did this?

Buyable properties?  Yes, give me the high quality VC property missions.  Not.  Save for the Malibu missions, property missions were filler at best.

Pidgeon shooting?

Swimming for clams?

Frustrating RC missions?

Buyable safehouses... you got me there.

Please... tell me what game breaking feature I've missed....

• John Smith likes this

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

"Fuzzywumpkins"?

Wow, the wit is strong with this one...

No, the "Rockstar Defence League" (or 'adults', as I like to call them) doesn't like entitled little brats who are spitting their dummy's out because they didn't get every single goddam thing their own way.

Your favorite GTA was IV, your opinion is irrelevant GTFOH.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by Official General, 17 December 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Drug wars?  What GTA actually did this?

You obviously did not play The Ballad Of Gay Tony. In an attempt to try and sound smart, you just looked downright stupid. 

Just goes to show how much attention you paid to GTA, and how you play the game. It's a good thing I don't share your tastes. 

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by jptawok, 17 December 2013 - 03:39 PM.

You obviously did not play The Ballad Of Gay Tony.

Just goes to show how much attention you paid to GTA, and how you play the game. It's a good thing I don't share your tastes. 

Actually I did.  Am playing through it right now.  To be a GTA fan, one shouldn't have to play some obscure expansion pack.  Shows how redundant your logic is.

Don't act like this is an interesting or innovating feature either.  Drive here, shoot guys, get package.  OMG, we're missing so much!

P.S.  Didn't you claim to ignore me like 3 threads ago?  I'd really appreciate it if you didn't make me have to defend my posts against your arrogant, narcissistic, borderline insane viewpoints.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

You obviously did not play The Ballad Of Gay Tony. In an attempt to try and sound smart, you just looked downright stupid. 

Don't forget GTA:Chinatown wars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users