GTA V's theme song

10 replies to this topic
theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

Did you guys like it? I gotta say, I REALLY don't like the sound of it. It sounds like some kid with FL Studio just screamed in my ears. Rockstar could've produced something a lot better in my opinion.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by beanzinapot, 17 December 2013 - 01:52 AM.

listen to squid physics cover on youtube. Sounds better than the original. All of his covers are pretty badass.

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

Cuddly Lynx

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

Imo, It wasn't as memorable as past GTAs. Like, I didn't even know what the theme was to begin with, I had to look it up. Past GTAs, IV for example, themes were a lot more memorable. It was used as the loading them and the 'Mission Complete' sound effects were similar to it.

• Hardcore Savage likes this

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

GTA V theme song has definitely some GTA San Andreas vibes in it IMO. I had to listen it couple of times, before I started to like it, but I agree - it is not that memorable than for example Vice City's theme or even GTA 3.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

The song from Bury the Hatchet is better than that

• The Odyssey likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

CHEESY VAGINAS!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

No wonder they don't play it in any of the menus. This is my first time hearing it and it'll definitely be my last.

Seems like they tried to emulate the popular San Andreas theme "dam west coast gangsta niggaaaaaaaa" theme, but it really just has no memorable aspect to any of it.

You'll never beat themes like San Andreas, GTA IV, Lost and Damned, Vice City, GTA III.

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

Imo, It wasn't as memorable as past GTAs. Like, I didn't even know what the theme was to begin with, I had to look it up. Past GTAs, IV for example, themes were a lot more memorable. It was used as the loading them and the 'Mission Complete' sound effects were similar to it.

That's more or less how I feel about it

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

I'm the bad guy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

The song from Bury the Hatchet is better than that

I hope that if Rockstar creates a North Yankton DLC/Game, thats the theme song. 

• Officer Ronson and SP3CTR3 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

@UniverseTwisers

No Happy Endings? Jesus I love both the original and the Wanted level version.

OT:

The theme song was actually trying to be a mix of all the important GTAs, kudos for that but because of it not being that present its very easy to forget.

jarredxmorris
  • jarredxmorris

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

I prefer the rest of the score, in fact that does make me think that maybe Tangerine Dream and Woody Jackson should have contributed to it rather than it being just a solo affair between The Alchemist and Oh No, but still, it had a good vibe, in fact I really love it. It's perfect at setting the mod in my opinion. 

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:11 AM Edited by xenorama, 17 December 2013 - 04:13 AM.

The piece they used in the trailer was so much better...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q5ggyfwMXhQ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users