Quantcast

» «
Photo

BEWARE! Negative bounties can cause you to be 100 million in debt&

97 replies to this topic
Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by Zorvaine, 18 December 2013 - 09:05 PM.

(UPDATE) Apparently killing a negative bounty does nothing. So say the comments from certain people here. So there's nothing to worry about. I hadn't tested it myself because I didn't want to take the risk, I just saw negative bounties today and thought the worst which is why I made this thread to warn others. 

Apparently there's no danger, if you see a negative bounty and kill it, nothing happens. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would completely avoid chasing after bounties you are not 100% sure of their price right now!

Today I encountered two completely different players who kept putting -99000000$ bounties on players. So basically if you kill that person not only do you lose a lot of your money but for those who weren't gifted million you'll pretty much be in debt for months. 

You won't be able to spend a single cent for months since you'll have to earn back those millions which quite frankly will cause people to permanently quit since it completely ruins their gameplay. No money equals no new clothes, no mods, no repairing your vehicle, no mechanic service, no merryweather, no claiming your car after it's been destroyed, NO NOTHING!

So people, be extremely aware since this can seriously rupture your gameplay. 

Spread the word so your friend's don't get this and if you're in a lobby with a rank 1000 player who's obviously a hacker, immediately report him and leave since he can put those negative bounties on you and someone will have to have their game experience ruined. Even if it's your worst nemesis, nobody deserves this. 

Good luck out there,

Z.

• Deadly Target, FirstLadyofGTA, ham_hands and 5 others like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up. :^:

• Gibbzy101 likes this

Conici
  • Conici

Loveable Jerk

• Members

Some guy put a negative bounty on me and I just left Ammu-Nation and bam some sorry low level took it :( felt bad man 

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

i cry evrytiem

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Isn't it possible to check how much the bounty a player has on them is worty by calling lester?

JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

It's amazing how a day or so ago people were giving out millions like some sort of charity and now they've done a complete 180 and descended into anarchy.

• Nabuddy likes this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

yah.. this is rough..

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

I stopped hunting bounties after i got 3.5 billion from a hacker. Its pretty messed up they can do negative bounties too.

Kudos for looking out though.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Isn't it possible to check how much the bounty a player has on them is worty by calling lester?

Yeah, it's the only way to check bounties. That'd be annoying to have to start doing that, but better be cautious than sorry.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

You should report this to Rockstar.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

Thank god for hackers, if you're in the negative just get a hacker to level your account back to £0

Simple.
  • Canucks555 likes this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

this has already been happening. HAHA

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Thank god for hackers, if you're in the negative just get a hacker to level your account back to £0

Simple.

If you can find one.  I have yet to find one, though I haven't really been looking nor posting on this forum asking for one.  But if something like this happened to me, I would post on this forum.  A hack like this will ruin the fun out of this game for anyone who doesn't have that kind of money.  It would be funny though to drive around with it and all the players in the lobby try to avoid you like the plague. 

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

I had no idea calling lester would show you how much a bounty is worth.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

They won't or probably cant do a thing about it. 

helpful tip; stop bounty hunting then

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

That makes 2 of us.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

Top tip for anyone with a negative bounty: falling to death on another players Pv counts as their kill! Get to the roof of the car park at the impound and jump down onto cars below for lulz.
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY likes this

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

So if someone puts one on you you're f*cked.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by TreFacTor, 17 December 2013 - 01:13 AM.

find out who the bounty is on and try to place a bounty on them, Lester will tell you how much the bounty is. He has given me the option to increase it if it were 1k. Never used the option but I assume that's how modders are using the script to manipulate the bounty amount.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

wouldnt it be possible to claim a bounty and then IMMEDIATELY shut off your system? making it so it doesn't save in time

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

That makes 2 of us.

Yeah, when you call lester to place a bounty and select a player that already has one then it will show you the amount on his head . Kinda tedious sometimes, but in cases like this, it might start becoming handy.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

I saw one of these earlier today, too...  I left the room immediately.

Thing is, can accounts go into the negative?  We know that players with no money on them don't go into the negative to pay for blowing up PV's, so at worst, their account should go to zero.

It's a big problem, regardless...  But, I guess that's why we can't have nice things...  Someone's always out there trying to screw it up.

-Bill

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

UPDATE: If you kill someone with a negative bounty you can then ''share'' it to a person but that person gets the debt. This is horrible, if two hackers come together, one puts a bounty on another, kills him, he then ''shares'' the money with a complete random person and that person loses all his money regardless of anything. So basically, people can just go around setting people into debt. 

If this happens to you, ''share'' that money to the hacker who put the bounty in the first place.

f*ck... Best bet would probably be to stay in invite only lobbies until this gets fixed.... This is scary.

SWAG MoneyMan
  • SWAG MoneyMan

former "gnad1992"

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Old news bro

But thanks for letting people know.

Well hackers are the easiest thing to find online nowadays and they could fix this for you in minutes.

MisterWiseman13
  • MisterWiseman13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Damn,

So if a player survives said bounty, they're basically wiped out of funds.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

wouldnt it be possible to claim a bounty and then IMMEDIATELY shut off your system? making it so it doesn't save in time

Are you sacrificing your services? For science?

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

They won't or probably cant do a thing about it. 

helpful tip; stop bounty hunting then

They could add a code that reads whether or not you have a bounty more than zero. And if it's less than zero, then it doesn't set.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

UPDATE: If you kill someone with a negative bounty you can then ''share'' it to a person but that person gets the debt. This is horrible, if two hackers come together, one puts a bounty on another, kills him, he then ''shares'' the money with a complete random person and that person loses all his money regardless of anything. So basically, people can just go around setting people into debt. 

If this happens to you, ''share'' that money to the hacker who put the bounty in the first place.

f*ck... Best bet would probably be to stay in invite only lobbies until this gets fixed.... This is scary.

even worst! dang!!!!!!

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Are you sure? Did anyone try to buy something with negative cash?

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

I haven't killed anyone with it but I'm not gonna risk it. I heard there was a negative money glitch in single player so it shouldn't be a surprise it's in online. It had a minus on it 100%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users