Better Call Saul!

373 replies to this topic
Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

That last scene with Mike shooting the shoe above the truck was clever as f*ck, it blows my mind how clever these scenes are and how well they work with the story, it was a lucky shot I want to say but still, Mike is just too good at what he's doing.

Glad to see some familiar faces too, I wanted to see Victor and Tyrus, but now these small but smart cameos just keep on coming, I love that. Also that scene between Mike and Gus was so cool, for a brief moment I felt like I was watching a whole new season of Breaking Bad.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:14 PM Edited by Matrelith, 26 April 2017 - 06:16 PM.

An amazing eye for detail: the opening is a flash forward. The shoes that fall off the wire are the same shoes Mike threw up there during the episode (if you look closely you can see the bullet hole). It shows that time has passed by and that Hector's truck is replaced with Gus' truck, an indication Gus has taken over Hector's territory.

All in all another great episode. I'm loving the pacing this season has, things are really moving along. 

• DOOM! and Rico44 like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:15 AM

Damn, that was a good episode.

The shell game Jimmy played with the phone battery was a great twist.
  • Mr_No likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:44 AM

lmao Lavell Crawford f*ck yeah, good to see Huell back.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:57 AM

I flipped my sh*t when the vet said, "Does he need to fit into tight spaces?"

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Threadbare tapestry unwinding slow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

ohohohohoho that was satisfying to watch

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:18 AM Edited by CrysisAverted, 09 May 2017 - 06:20 AM.

Jesus I enjoyed

Spoiler
way too much

also

Spoiler

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

This is seriously one of the greatest episodes of television I've ever seen. It's just too much. I was shocked, almost in tears and was laughing all throughout this episode... holy sh*t.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:28 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 09 May 2017 - 02:29 PM.

It was great. Not as good at the season one episode when Chuck finally reveals he's the one that was holding Jimmy back, but still good.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

Fantastic episode, I can't believe that such a show could've been one of my favorite show ever - I've never been really that interested in law stuff yet every second is a pleasure to watch, you never know what's going to happen with these characters.

Spoiler

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:09 AM Edited by Matrelith, 10 May 2017 - 10:10 AM.

tumblr_inline_opozcphzMH1t44jog_540.jpg

As a Law Major, I loved this episode and how it centered around the courtroom. It was a wise decision to leave out the Mike/Gus storyline and let Jimmy have the spotlight. 

Great episode, it was good to see Jimmy finally getting a victory over his brother. After being put down by him for 2,5 seasons it was about time. Props to Michael McKean though, that emotional outburst at the end almost made me forget he's an actor and that he's acting. He really sold that performance. I wouldn't be suprised if he got an Emmy nomination for his work on Better Call Saul.

Good to see Huell is back as well. Saul's clique is forming nicely, now all we need is Kuby back. And props to him for the weight loss, he looked healthy. 

Mr. -O
  • Mr. -O

See you in court.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Contributor [Movies & TV] 2012
    Best Writer 2012
    Story of the Year 2012 [Grand Theft Auto V]
    Best Concept Story 2012 [The Story of Albert de Silva]

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

I love this show so f*cking much. I'm just going to leave this here for now:

tumblr_n46csqZVyP1totw26o1_500.jpg

• Azazel, Payne Killer and Travedge like this

Girish
  • Girish

LFM

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:01 AM

This show just keeps getting better and better. It's one of those rare times in TV history that someone has been able to pull off a prequel to a popular TV series so well. The character of Saul Goodman was just perfectly set up for this. The only other character from BB that I think they can do this with is Gus; would love to see his accession to a drug-lord.

• The7thOne and Travedge like this

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

The only other character from BB that I think they can do this with is Gus; would love to see his accession to a drug-lord.

I second this. A story about Gus's early life would be a popular one. We already know how Hector Salamanca made it tough for Gus when he started out with pollos hermanos as a money laundering front and even went to the extent of killing his partner. A story bridging the gap of events before and after that part would be awesome.

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

Enjoying it so far.

Had to to have my stamp here :)

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:18 AM

I hope we see Tuco in prison, lmao. Don Hector flipping out was funny.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:53 AM Edited by DOOM!, 16 May 2017 - 06:54 AM.

We have to see Tuco meeting Skinny Pete, there's no debate about it.
  • Payne Killer likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

Not sure we'll see Tuco ever again.

But, I was certain we'd never see Lydia in BCS, but there she was. I yelled, "it's the stevia lady!"
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive, Ivan1997GTA and Mr. -O like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

^I had forgotten that she and Gus were even connected. In Breaking Bad she was his supplier of methlamine but we didn't get to meet her until after the laundromat burned down and Gus was murdered.

• darthYENIK and Ivan1997GTA like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:00 AM

ahaha way to stick it to Chuck Jimmy!

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

After the courtroom's cathartic victory for Jimmy, it was hard seeing him get pushed down over and over this episode. I'd say he's definitely at his low point now. At least he managed to f*ck Chuck in the process, but I'm feeling it's going to bite him in the ass in the long run.

Mike was great though. Pouring concrete by day and dealing with shady business by night. 

Ottae
  • Ottae

Zoom-Zoom

• Zaibatsu
  • Niue
  • Best Official Gang 2015 [Zaibatsu]

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

After the courtroom's cathartic victory for Jimmy, it was hard seeing him get pushed down over and over this episode. I'd say he's definitely at his low point now. At least he managed to f*ck Chuck in the process, but I'm feeling it's going to bite him in the ass in the long run.

Mike was great though. Pouring concrete by day and dealing with shady business by night. 

Kim was already feeling sh*tty about what happened in the courtroom, so for Jimmy to go that little extra and f*ck Chuck over even more isn't going to sit well with her at all. When she inevitably finds out what he's done, she is going to fall out with him big time and could be where she "goes" during BrBad.

I saw another theory saying that she could just fall asleep at the wheel from exhaustion and end up being killed in a car accident :(

God this was a hard episode to watch, watching Jimmy get kicked over and over again. His inner Saul is showing more and more.

• Mr. -O likes this

OkieFromMuskogee
  • OkieFromMuskogee

No Title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:26 AM

Alright, watched the first four episodes on Netflix...

I gotta say, it's pretty good...
  • Mr. -O likes this

Mr. -O
  • Mr. -O

See you in court.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Contributor [Movies & TV] 2012
    Best Writer 2012
    Story of the Year 2012 [Grand Theft Auto V]
    Best Concept Story 2012 [The Story of Albert de Silva]

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

I'm just wondering if Breaking Bad's story is going to eventually interlock with Better Call Saul's. We don't know how long Jimmy has been using the Saul Goodman alias when we first see him in BB, so i'm thinking we at least have another year or two if the stories do interlock. Could be a whole new perspective on EVERYTHING. I personally want to see the Lily of the Valley poisoning on Brock by Walter from Saul's perspective. Wishul thinking..

"'s all good, man."

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Threadbare tapestry unwinding slow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:03 AM

That was a close call, getting super worried about Kim. =(

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

What Saul did was pretty f*cked up, getting old ladies to stonewall another :(

also f*ck I called it
Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

My favorite thing in this show is Jimmy interacting with old people.

"B9! Let's hope that biopsy comes back B9!"

And yeah, that was f*cked up. But that's Saul Goodman showing his face.

I also f*cking love what they do with Howard. He's the Hank of BCS. On the surface, interacting with Jimmy, Kim, and now even Chuck, you think he's a dick. But when you really think about it, he's right. He tells Kim that what they did to Chuck was wrong and she should feel bad. It's kind of true. He tells Jimmy that he's a piece of sh*t for wanting to force the settlement, because he just wants the money now. Definitely true. He tries to get Chuck to retire to save the firm, which might look like he's being an asshole, but everything we've seen about Howard (he paid for Kim's law school, he actually was for bringing Jimmy into HHM) makes me believe he's thinking about the firm and Chuck's reputation. He's the only honest guy on the show, and it's pulled off brilliantly.
  • Azazel, Tacymist and CrysisAverted like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

Fall, the episode where everybody fell. Jimmy falling in terms of morals and fully embracing his alter ego. Kim falling apart due to stress by taking on way too much work and later crashing her car. Howard and Chuck falling apart with the future of HHM at stake. Mike is falling in terms of losing his individuality and anonimity by being registered in the Madrigal database. Hector is falling by being forced to work with Gus on order of the cartel. Nacho falling apart with his father. God, so much sad moments this episode.

MVP goes out to Howard in my opinion. He's so done with both McGill brothers, seeing through Jimmy's bullsh*t that he just wants the money for himself and him finally realizing Chuck is becoming a liability.

Only one more episode and the season is done again. I have no idea what to expect of the finale but I'm really excited to see where the story goes from here. 

• Tacymist likes this

the consigliere
  • the consigliere

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

That crash scene was really well done, the way it was all calm I thought she was going to crash but the way the camera lingered then jumped similar to the way she fell asleep in her car a few episodes back was brilliant.

That's what I like about better call Saul and breaking bad is that they make situations like that feel real and hold weight. A crash like that would be quite a traumatic experience and they conveyed that, how it happened so out of the blue and one second you're fine then next you're in a completely different state hurt and in shock. The way all of her documents went flying really made you feel sorry for her.

The only thing I wonder is how much more we're going to get of better call saul because the slow rate the series moves at (which is great for fleshing out story details and showing slow realistic character developments) the show is only still in the early 2000's, 2003 I believe so there's still a lot of catching up to do time wise to the beginning of breaking bad at this rate it would require 10 seasons of saul which I can't see happening.

One thing that was really interesting about this last episode was when Lydia said something about Gus being so much more than a drug dealer.

• Azazel likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:26 AM

Goddamn. I'm happy for Michael Mando's career Ignacio is a good character, hope they don't kill him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users