Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lamar was gonna replace Franklin in the beta?

38 replies to this topic
ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

If it's true I'm glad Rockstar realized their mistake. Lamar is a terrible character. His only function is to say the N word over and over again and make Franklin seem not so bad.

• PlayboiX™ likes this

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

I wish it happened. I HATE Franklin. Lamar is awesome though.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

Yeah. I also heard originally Wade was going to replace Trevor and Jimmy would replace Michael in enings A and B respectively.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

Damn, I wish that were true. There was no reason not to pick Deathwish at the end of the game. It makes so much sense that Franklin dies as the outcome, and playing as Lamar would have been so much f*cking fun. He's like Trevor but a gang-banger. He would have brought life back to the hood in the game. I hope they add him in a EFLC like DLC that runs parallel to the main story. I just want to get up to his crazy antics... And I mean, if this is true, the content is there, they just have to add it. 

• SonofLosSantos likes this

Uptown Rider
  • Uptown Rider

Uptown General

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

On Lamar dialogue, it could have just been in a sort of pick that R* could have chose for certain scenes. also, there could have been more Frank&Lamar missions (i wish there was.) Franklin's my favorite character but he desperately needs more backstory.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

Courier 6

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:36 PM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 12 February 2014 - 08:39 PM.

also, there was originally going to be a mansion heist with mike and trevor where they pretend to be a couple and get a tour around a neighbourhood, then they rob a mansion

so, thats why the chinese call Michael as "Boyfriend" in bury the hatchet
That's what I thought as well! I wonder what rockstar would say If I asked them why that people called them a couple if it didn't make sense in the story.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Having Lamarr replace Frank would be the equivalent of Chris Tucker replacing The Rock.

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

also, there was originally going to be a mansion heist with mike and trevor where they pretend to be a couple and get a tour around a neighbourhood, then they rob a mansion

so, thats why the chinese call Michael as "Boyfriend" in bury the hatchet
That's what I thought as well! I wonder what rockstar would say If I asked them why that people called them a couple if it didn't make sense in the story.

Its explained why they called Michael that. Chang's men cased Trevors trailer after they worked for Martin. Chang says "We see you in the trailer with yur boyfriend and the maid". There u go easy answer.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

On Lamar dialogue, it could have just been in a sort of pick that R* could have chose for certain scenes. also, there could have been more Frank&Lamar missions (i wish there was.) Franklin's my favorite character but he desperately needs more backstory.

Yeah mines too.
I loved his missions in the first half of the game. I wish they would have continued on with that rather than focusing on Mike and Trevor's bitching out.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users