Quantcast

» «
Photo

Wish I could take the wing off of the Comet....

60 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

the spoiler on high-end porsches is functional not aesthetic, you twits. if you want something that's just pretty and drives like sh*t, get an adder.

Ugly ass GT wings don't affect the driving in GTAV though.

They're just obnoxious, like a chrome adder.

I actually saw someone in a chrome Feltzer with all the visual mods on it, including the GT wing.  Blew it sky high so I wouldn't have to gouge my own eyes out.

i agree that anything above the stock spoiler looks horrific on 99% of the cars in gta, but for the comet i don't mind so much, probably because the car itself is so understated. the wing adds a bit of panache.

whatever the case, it is a fun ass car to drive.  :colgate:

I swapped it out for a Dominator, since powersliding is king in a Dominator.

It was fun to drive though, but the annoying wing just doesn't fit the Comet.  Like that guy above said it ruins the lines of the car.

Only car I actually like the GT wing on is the Elegy.  

stumbles
  • stumbles

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

wing or not it's my favourite car in game.

• z0etr0pe likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

It was fun to drive though, but the annoying wing just doesn't fit the Comet.  Like that guy above said it ruins the lines of the car.

Now I know you're just trolling again. No one on earth with any clue about cars would make these comments. So that means one of two things - you have no clue about cars or you're trolling. Which one is it?

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

i have no issues with GT style wings on a car like the comet.

gt wings are big for a reason. aerodynamics. does gta have them? no... should that hinder the ability to make cars look like they do in gta? no.

people without spoilers on porsches only buy it because it is a porsche. rich arrogant porsche drivers. they are everywhere in virginia beach where i live. not porsche racers. just people with money.

• EyeMacHunt and z0etr0pe like this

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

Lmao so many people here hate aftermarket mods

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Now I know you're just trolling again. No one on earth with any clue about cars would make these comments. So that means one of two things - you have no clue about cars or you're trolling. Which one is it?

Dude, the Comet is a smooth-looking car.  I remember back in GTAIV, I used to always keep the one you get after doin No. 1 with Brucie.

A stock comet looks awkward with the wing.  MAYBE if R* added better bumper options and not ugly ass canards, it would fit better.

Saying a Porsche NEEDS wing no matter what is like calling someone a dumbass for not getting a Ferarri in red.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

Spoilers are good when soft and small, especially on a Comet (or Porsche).

I don't like the one on the actual Comet because it doesn't match the shape of the car IMO. And I don't like the racing look in general. I've never been interested by the Feltzer because of that. But I keep my Comet because I love driving it, and the sound of its engine. It also suits my female character.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

I don't like the one on the actual Comet because it doesn't match the shape of the car IMO. And I don't like the racing look in general. I've never been interested by the Feltzer because of that. But I keep my Comet because I love driving it, and the sound of its engine. It also suits my female character.

Feltzer is cool if kept completely stock.

The sound is also great, but not really fun to drive like the Comet or Coquette so I only had it for a short time.

Jayzbo
  • Jayzbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

I would love to have a the ability to remove the wing on my Comet.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

I actually don't mind the Comet's spoiler, but they look ridiculous on the Phoenix, at least the biggest one does.

I like the diversity of opinions on this forum, except when they're dead wrong. :[

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

Saying a Porsche NEEDS wing no matter what is like calling someone a dumbass for not getting a Ferarri in red.

Not even remotely comparable. It is like ordering a Ferrari and asking for a diesel engine.

The good Porsches have spoilers. Poor man Porsches don't.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:30 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 17 December 2013 - 08:32 AM.

they are. yellow, maybe. but red is a given when buying a ferarri.

only the new ones that fit into the category i mentioned earlier would be bought in any other color, same as porsches without wings. rich, arrogant, non racers or in ferarris case, non purists.

high end for a reason.

this. enough money to buy one, not to use it.

poor mans porsche:

ag_13boxster_frtrt.JPG

a real porsche:

spyshots-2014-porsche-918-spyder_1.jpg

i got to drive a porsche when i was in germany. it was an older one and i can honestly say that if i ever bought one, it would have a wing and a full aerodynamic kit on it. you would not see me sitting at a stop light on my iphone. you would see tail lights, and a wing.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Not even remotely comparable. It is like ordering a Ferrari and asking for a diesel engine.

Your comparison is horrible.

Pretty sure there's no such thing as a poor man's Porsche but okay.  Every opinion is wrong except yours.

Still don't want that sh*t on my Comet, don't give a damn.  Other users here are agreeing too.

new-2014-porsche-cayman-debuts-in-la-vid

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:31 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 17 December 2013 - 08:32 AM.

Yep. All the Porsches with spoilers are taken to the track on the weekends. The ones without are driven by geeks who have no intention of driving the car to the limit.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by jdwarfer, 17 December 2013 - 08:34 AM.

The sound is also great, but not really fun to drive like the Comet or Coquette so I only had it for a short time.

(what's wrong with that forum again, the colors are messed up)

The Feltzer even in stock shape looks like a racing car, from the german championship "DTM". Without a spoiler, it's weird. It's definetely a racing car.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

Perfect example of a poor man's Porsche - the Cayman

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

Perfect example of a poor man's Porsche - the Cayman

lol.. she doesnt get it.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:34 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 17 December 2013 - 08:38 AM.

The Feltzer even in stock shape looks like a racing car, from the german championship "DTM". Without a spoiler, it's weird. It's definetely a racing car.

Yeah, but the only spoiler option is the GT-wing, which I'm surprised it doesn't make the Feltzer fly.

I actually remember something like an Ugliest Cars thread a while ago and besides the Adder of course that everyone hates on, the Feltzer with any visual mods was always mentioned.

Since it doesn't affect performance, the GT wing just makes the car look obnoxious, like an Entity with white walls.  I'm blowing it up.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:35 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 17 December 2013 - 08:37 AM.

Agreed. I love the spoiler on the Feltzer. Suits the car.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

2004_Porsche_996X50.jpg

A spoiler on a porsche shouldn't be bigger than this IMO, unless you want to race on some professional championship of course.

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

2004_Porsche_996X50.jpg

A spoiler on a porsche shouldn't be bigger than this IMO, unless you want to race on some professional championship of course.

or get on a highway. its a porsche for christ sakes. they have just became so mainstream and used by the general public, that they produced cheaper ones for normal consumers. and that is why the porsches you like, have no spoilers... because they are a status, not a car.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

IRL an highway is not a racing track you know. There is speed limitations. Only assholes drive IRL like in a game. A big spoiler is useless and ugly, unless you want to race in a real track.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

But I keep my Comet because I love driving it, and the sound of its engine. It also suits my female character.

hear hear!

i-xH6hHgQ-XL.jpg

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

the only thing i dont like about the comet is the lack of a carbon hood / spoiler option.

I like the 2nd spoiler.. but i'd like a carbon variant of it :/

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

mmmm sexayyy

spoiler.jpg

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:19 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 17 December 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Oh you mean like this?

porsche-news09d.jpg

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

Personal tastes and all...but that thing is terrible imo.

GT3 wing or nothing i think.

• z0etr0pe likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Oh you mean like this?

porsche-news09d.jpg

nope. nothing like this. all ugly. porsches with spoilers.... pfft.

i would rather drive a gumball looking porsche or a track porsche than an Im rich and have a porsche, porsche. so yea, pretty much all of these i would own and drive. and this is exactly what i was talking about, thx for the pic.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Damn, all this opinionated bs spewed as fact is making me dizzy.

Wing or no wing, the comet is a GTA classic. For reference though, this is the first GTA where the comet has a permanently fixed wing. So I think people wanting to remove it are justified in that sense, minus free will, choice or opinion and that nonsense.

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

I don't know anything about spoilers in real life, except everyone I know who has one on their car either tries to race me on my way to work in the morning or has deep emotional problems when intoxicated

I bought a Vacca instead of Infurnus simply for the guarantee it wouldn't randomly arrive with a spoiler, never considered a Comet for this reason

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users