Photo

Mission and Hero's

22 replies to this topic
StoneFox
  • StoneFox

Like a Fox

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

I like doing missions alot. I find them to be very entertaining but can be redundant if you've done them many times. It never gets old to me. What also never gets old? The hero's of the mission. Why is it at the start of the mission, there is always someone who takes this as a race to the destination. That hero who races to the destination and leaves his other teammates behind..... Usually is the first to die (They are usually the highest level players). Guns blazing once he arrives (without us), dies,  then takes our last life and screws up gameplay for all as we are still convoying to the destination. To all the hero's out there..... "Screw your fast car! This aint a race. You get more RP points playing as a team. 

An example...Base Invaders is an awesome mission. In the begging  a hero would rush to the plane and leave the teammates driving to the base. Hero usually dies first, then its do or die....Or replay. I can do Base Invaders in a matter of mintues with no deaths.....Solo.  If done right, It can be done even quicker with a 4 players working together. With a Hero.... you can forget about it and surely count on replaying that mission. I had one player at a high level, only 2 of us, He was with his damn Entity rushing to the plane leaving me behind. I told him to just sit back and watch. He listens, and after the mission He then says.. Wow, Ive never done this mission that quick.

Im just venting. Everyone wants to be the hero. Especially when there's a female character on our team. Yup, being an Hero and having an Entity will surely get you that girl's...... Friend request...Lol.

• Civil_Union and sene like this

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

It all comes down to whether or not the hero is an idiot.  Most of the time, you're right.  I find myself usually racing to the objective in order to secure it before some moron blows it up, or to get a good vantage point to thin the herd with my sniper rifle before my teammates arrive.

Civil_Union
  • Civil_Union

WHUT

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I've been in similar situations. Many a time. It's worse though when the Hero thinks he needs more of a challenge and kills his teammates first. Leaving them to watch him, and his eventually death at the hands of some NPC with superior aim.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

You're playing with the wrong heroes.

I'll admit though I have blown up the objective a few times and instafailed by using the Buzzard and the autolock changing at the last second..
  • Mr. Piff 724 likes this

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 16 December 2013 - 03:47 PM.

I'll admit though I have blown up the objective a few times and instafailed by using the Buzzard and the autolock changing at the last second..

Same here, I feel so frigging stupid especially because I'm the only one who actually knows what happened if nobody else has arrived.

Shaenno
  • Shaenno

Lady Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Yeah I understand what you mean lol, especially doing the Docks to Stocks mission by Lester. All these friggin noobs hops in to the Cargobob and fly around for a good 30mins because they can't get rid of the helis that are chasing them. Especially when you try to tell them off the mic to chill a bit before flying the cargobob and they still proceed to fck up the mission. -_-

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Same here, I feel so frigging stupid especially because I'm the only one who actually knows what happened if nobody else has arrived.

Lmao. A surge of shame rushes through me, I feel like everyone in the lobby is just facepalming. Especially earlier on the Los Santos connection, I blew up the cocaine at the hanger TWICE. I dashboarded out of shame..

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by SetOnFire, 16 December 2013 - 03:54 PM.

We've all done it at a time or another. Generally if I zerg the mission it's just because I'm in a rush, not because I want to impress my fellow GTAers.

The only real place where being a hero is utterly retarded is survival.

But sometimes you have to admit, the hero will wing it and do the job all on his own while the rest is still driving to the objective. Sometimes... you really DO need a hero...

• Dooma1090 likes this

Civil_Union
  • Civil_Union

WHUT

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

A hero took a kill shot for me once in the beach bum survival. He saved me. I paid my debt by hiding/camping in the bathroom and gunning down whoever got close.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Those high level idiots that do that sh*t have NEVER done any mission. All of his rank was buddy racing earned and his $ glitched. They are f*cktards and think just cuz of their rank they are someone who will get sh*t done better. Hate them.

Worst is that f*cktard who stands around for wayy too long, to get his buzzard just to fly to the spot and start f*cking sh*t up. Ugh I literally run those f*ckers down at the beginning of the restart.

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:08 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 16 December 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Lmao. A surge of shame rushes through me, I feel like everyone in the lobby is just facepalming. Especially earlier on the Los Santos connection, I blew up the cocaine at the hanger TWICE. I dashboarded out of shame..

I always hover off to the right of the hanger at a decent altitude so that upper platform never comes into view.  I learned my lesson too many times lol

Those high level idiots that do that sh*t have NEVER done any mission. All of his rank was buddy racing earned and his $ glitched. They are f*cktards and think just cuz of their rank they are someone who will get sh*t done better. Hate them.

Worst is that f*cktard who stands around for wayy too long, to get his buzzard just to fly to the spot and start f*cking sh*t up. Ugh I literally run those f*ckers down at the beginning of the restart.

If i dropped that much coin on a buzzard and decide I want to use it on a mission, I don't need some kid deciding for me whether or not I do.  Luckily, you can just avoid people who throw hissy fits about you not playing the way they want you to. 

StoneFox
  • StoneFox

Like a Fox

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yes you are right  @SetonFire, sometimes you really do need a hero or need to be the hero (if the rest does not know what they are doing). In the case of the mission extraction. This is the only mission I really dont mind leaving my team. This is a mission that can be done solo and in a matter of minutes also if done right. Works even better playing as team and everyone knowing their roles. But because there is so much activities going on in that mission, every one is all over the place, chasing the informant, chasing the DA, chasing the brief case, losing the cops, getting out of the base, etc.

And yes, "The only real place where being a hero is utterly retarded is survival."

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

If i dropped that much coin on a buzzard and decide I want to use it on a mission, I don't need some kid deciding for me whether or not I do.  Luckily, you can just avoid people who throw hissy fits about you not playing the way they want you to. 

Wow, you are one of them. So the way you play is waiting 10 minutes for you crap buzzard just to fly to the spot and ruin the mission??? You moron gtfo here.

Wastes like you should not be allowed to be on a "team" for a mission cuz your obviously too young (you assuming I'm a kid...lmmfao) to know what teamwork is. Get a clue.

sene
  • sene

Choya

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

I like doing missions alot. I find them to be very entertaining but can be redundant if you've done them many times. It never gets old to me. What also never gets old? The hero's of the mission. Why is it at the start of the mission, there is always someone who takes this as a race to the destination. That hero who races to the destination and leaves his other teammates behind..... Usually is the first to die (They are usually the highest level players). Guns blazing once he arrives (without us), dies,  then takes our last life and screws up gameplay for all as we are still convoying to the destination. To all the hero's out there..... "Screw your fast car! This aint a race. You get more RP points playing as a team. 

An example...Base Invaders is an awesome mission. In the begging  a hero would rush to the plane and leave the teammates driving to the base. Hero usually dies first, then its do or die....Or replay. I can do Base Invaders in a matter of mintues with no deaths.....Solo.  If done right, It can be done even quicker with a 4 players working together. With a Hero.... you can forget about it and surely count on replaying that mission. I had one player at a high level, only 2 of us, He was with his damn Entity rushing to the plane leaving me behind. I told him to just sit back and watch. He listens, and after the mission He then says.. Wow, Ive never done this mission that quick.

Im just venting. Everyone wants to be the hero. Especially when there's a female character on our team. Yup, being an Hero and having an Entity will surely get you that girl's...... Friend request...Lol.

they're dumb enough not to take advantage of entity backfiring

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

I like to savor missions, it takes me much longer to complete then average and I don't believe most players have the patience for my style.  Normally when someone rushes to the objective leaving me in the dust, I drive around taking in the scenery, if they fail, I'll see if they want a replay until they can decide they actually need a team mate.

• TGDBC1 and Civil_Union like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Yes for that.

I like to be the hero at the end after every armchair rambo has blew all our team lives.

Then everyone that was racing to the objective only to die a premature death has to watch as i leisurely stroll through the objectives and finish in my own.. good... time

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by Mr. Piff 724, 16 December 2013 - 04:39 PM.

Wow, you are one of them. So the way you play is waiting 10 minutes for you crap buzzard just to fly to the spot and ruin the mission??? You moron gtfo here.

Wastes like you should not be allowed to be on a "team" for a mission cuz your obviously too young (you assuming I'm a kid...lmmfao) to know what teamwork is. Get a clue.

I'm not even going to bother to address the multiple false and ignorant assumptions you made in your post, clearly you are always right, so I will let you continue to believe you are.  Perhaps you should "smoke dat" and chill the F out.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

In base invader I was about the drive the plane but some guy hijacked me and they went to the base alone.

It ended up they crashed and were trying to survive in the base but they soon got killed.

I jumped over the base's walls with a Bati and finished the mission.

That was the first time I killed my team mates when we were back in free mode...

reiniat
  • reiniat

May science shine your way.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well i do zerg in the first 8 waves of Survival.....

like-a-boss.jpgbut yes: the last two weaves i hide like a sissie...

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Sometimes when I do missions, everybody insists on getting in their own car.  I drive to the destination and look on the map to find them still five miles away crashing into every telephone pole along the way.

Sometimes, I just don't feel like waiting around for them to show up and die so I finish the mission myself.

I guess you hate me.

StoneFox
  • StoneFox

Like a Fox

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

@ Beat_Savy_9, I'm like you. With the exception of Base Invaders and Exctraction.  I take my time and dont rush. I usually take out every enemy before continuing on with the mission and advancing. Really dont like being chased. I just usually wait till they all come in their vehicles. Take em all out, then head to the desitination taking my time while puffing on a cig.. There are on rare occasions where, if you take your sweet time.....They wont stop coming. lol

leinasan
  • leinasan

Everything She Wants

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'm lucky to run missions with a great group of friends and crew who have all done every mission 100 times already. We always play on hard, travel together in the same vehicle when applicable, take our time and leave no-one behind. Missions don't get old even after knowing them all by heart when you play with good people. Guess that holds true for the whole of GTAO and games in general.

• Mr. Piff 724 and StoneFox like this

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'll be honest, I'm one of those high level players that rushes to the mission point HOWEVER, I'm quite capable of finishing most missions solo. I won't rush in guns blazing but will, tactically, kill as many people as possible. I've been trying to help noobs out with higher level missions so they're generally the ones that bum rush the enemies and get killed first putting the burden on my shoulders to complete the mission.

Thing I hate the most are people (usually hosts) that don't even do anything on the mission. They'll drive around phucking off or something and expect the other team members to complete the mission for them. In these cases, that when I troll the host and completely F up the mission. 

• Mr. Piff 724 and StoneFox like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users