Quantcast

» «
Photo

Heads up

13 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by AceKingston, 16 December 2013 - 03:00 PM.

Could these features be brought back? They were damn useful and I understand it takes a while to sort them out but it's been 3 months since the update and I thought it'd be good to give the staff a heads up: :)

- Can't view banned members profiles.

- Can only view last 1000 posts.

- The new spoiler system is terrible no offence, it breaks up sentences making paragraphs look weird.

- The new 'fast' search function is also rubbish tbh, I much preferred the older version.

- Can't search for members.

- No topic descriptions.

- No XBL, PSN, Social Club, Steam ID's etc in the profiles?

- Quoting system is quite horrible.

- I am also not a fan of the new BB code system, I much preferred the older system.

- Slight problems with multi-quoting.

- Table codes don't really look like Table codes.

- Quotes from old topics look very weird and are hard to read.

- Can't copy and paste stuff without the forum messing it up.

- Can't send messages to yourself. This was damn useful guys, I used it to write issues for GTAF Weekly and it is useful for writing guides.

These are the ones from the top of my head, I'll list more soon. Until then, thanks in advance.

• The Odyssey likes this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by ManDog, 16 December 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Most of those are probably on Tank's to-do list.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

- The new spoiler system is terrible no offence, it breaks up sentences making paragraphs look weird.

- The new 'fast' search function is also rubbish tbh, I much preferred the older version.

- No topic descriptions.

- I am also not a fan of the new BB code system, I much preferred the older system.

- Can't send messages to yourself. This was damn useful guys, I used it to write issues for GTAF Weekly and it is useful for writing guides.

-I guess its already there.

-Actually, this might be bad if some member wants to read old posts once they log in.

-Agreed

-Maybe, it looks fine. People rarely use search. You can always go to Google and type "GTAForums: Whatever you want to serach" It's better and faster.

-You can. Just type the name in the search (with the member's preference on) and find the respective member. There might be slight difference but that aside, it's accurate.

-Yeah, that was really useful. Helps you to find if the OP is serious or just made a topic for trolls.

-I don't even think someone wants to check on people's profile for that. They can just PM them and ask, you know.

-Yup.

-BB Codes are not necessarily used in most of the posts I have went though. If you still urge, try to practice them.

-It might be a bug, it may be fixed.

-You really can't do anything about it. It's the IP Board responsilble on how the format must look.

-Another bug.

-Huh? I never went to that issue. Maybe you might have left some open tags somewhere.

-A preview post would solve the issue of PMing yourself, right? Or is it something else differently?

As far as I am concerned, this forum doesn't need any updates for a decade (leaving aside the bug fixes). :)

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

A while back I found out that you can view a member's first 1000 posts if you select to view the posts in ascending order!

• GTAKid667 likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

- No topic descriptions.

- Yeah, I want that too. I really enjoyed stalking looking at Zee's/Slamman's/Banned members profiles.

- Same reason as above... but for all members.

- Mods could do something like Spoilertext and Spoilertable or something. I like the new one to be honest (my sig is example :devil:)

- I don't really use search, I miss the one under topic though.

- You can.

- I want that too.

- Could be useful for members.

- I like it. It's hard to type out the tag though and when I add custom name it gives "CustomName said:" which is really annoying.

- I'm ok with the new one but I find it annoying that I can't use the buttons on BBcode setting.

- I have no problems.

- Tank is working on adding borders to tables like before....

...for 2 months already.

- Not sure but I think that Tank is also trying to fix it.

- Next to the BBCode/Normal switch, you have a rubber. It removes all BBcoding so all the wierd copy-paste can be fixed.

- I needed that for fixing/testing some stuff. I miss it to.

Also, I'd like to add that ME tags should be added back. They were damn awesome.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

I would like to say that the quote system on this forum is atrocious, really bad. I've had at least two times where I've lost a whole post due to the quote thing f*cking up, one of which was due to the arbitrary quote limit.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

Sorry for the bump but can't these two features be implemented? I'd like it if we could view all our posts and if we could view banned member's profiles.

And most of the other features have been implemented so thanks. :)

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

There's no real "need" for members to be able to view banned members profile. 

• Th3MaN1, Staten and Raavi like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Then unban my old account so I can view my old posts.

• theadmiral likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

The age of your current account is close to the age of me in real-life ha ha.

And thanks Ryan. What about viewing all our posts?  Is it a problem with the IPB?

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

You can still view the posts of the banned account, the only thing you can not do is viewing the profile. Go to the search function and then use the following parameters:

Search in section: 'Forums'
Match: 'all words' & 'Search in content' or 'Search in titles' (the former is for posts only, the latter is topics only)
Find author: insert name of the account
Display results: 'As posts'
Result sorting: 'Last Update Time' & 'Descending' or 'Ascending' (the former searches for the last thousand posts, the latter for the first thousand posts)

And then click on Search Now and then you can view up to 2000 posts of member accounts. That's exactly the same way Find Content > Only posts works.
  • Vercetti42 and WBaker like this

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Chargerô

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:50 AM Edited by ArchKnight, 09 February 2014 - 05:56 AM.

Use the find content option on a member's profile.

Do you realise that the old software wasn't updated in 12 years? This system is much better and faster.

Did you ever scrolled down?

- No topic descriptions.

They never many served purposes. They were removed by IPB Team from IPB3.

I support this.

Quoting and BBCode system is Ajax and JS based on latest IPB. You can always use the full editor. Multi-quote makes it much easy

That's how IPB 3 works. Get accustomed to it.

That's because the software upgrade messed it up.

The new editor copies in non-plain text format. 

Overall, most features you want back are from an old software. GTAF uses the best version of IPB. The forum couldn't have handed the traffic GTAF gets these days.

Draft the messages rather than sending them to yourself. Much earier.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:03 AM Edited by AceKingston, 09 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

^ Thanks but you are behind the times. I already discovered fixes for those features and some of them were added. :)

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

The age of your current account is close to the age of me in real-life ha ha.

Yeah I told you this in your birthday topic I believe.

You can still view the posts of the banned account, the only thing you can not do is viewing the profile. Go to the search function and then use the following parameters:

Search in section: 'Forums'
Match: 'all words' & 'Search in content' or 'Search in titles' (the former is for posts only, the latter is topics only)
Find author: insert name of the account
Display results: 'As posts'
Result sorting: 'Last Update Time' & 'Descending' or 'Ascending' (the former searches for the last thousand posts, the latter for the first thousand posts)

And then click on Search Now and then you can view up to 2000 posts of member accounts. That's exactly the same way Find Content > Only posts works.

Yeah but that is too overly complicated than being able to just go into the profile and sort posts.

It shouldn't be banned anyway, I just posted on it to make a well timed joke and some hater banned it.

Now it looks like I was banned at some point which is beyond insulting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users