Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was GTA V as good as you expected it to be?

79 replies to this topic

Poll: Was GTA V as could as you expected it to be? (207 member(s) have cast votes)

Was GTA V as could as you expected it to be?

1. Yes (79 votes [38.16%])

Percentage of vote: 38.16%

2. Above and beyond (43 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

3. No (57 votes [27.54%])

Percentage of vote: 27.54%

4. Not even close (18 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

5. It was horrendous (10 votes [4.83%])

Percentage of vote: 4.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TruDatDawg
  • TruDatDawg

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

I choose horendous cos i thought the game was a watered down piece of ....

• theGTAking101 likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

Allow me to give a measured response to a flame bait post. In many areas, most definitely yes. In some crucial areas like vehicle handling, an emphatic no.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by Official General, 16 December 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Yes and no. That's the best answer I can give. 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

best GTA of all time. :cool:

• WorldWideFM and Massive Roy like this

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

It was better than what I was waiting for. It isn't perfect, but still one of the best games I have ever played and best GTA to date. (IV comes close)

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Above and Beyond. It makes me forget GTA4 entirely and that can only be a good thing.

• WorldWideFM likes this

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

to me I had a lot of exceptions for GTA5...  Like I said, rockstar was very lazy with this game. Like i said when i first started responding to these post.... this game was in DEV since 2008.

I know you can't compare these games butt....

How long did skyrim take??? 3-4 years  Look how f*ckkin  big the map the map is? Look how much sh*t is in that game. And on top of that its a SP game, you can enjoy it without tanks and trolls...

6 Years for -- 3 Characters that has no chemistry (they wanna kill each other at the end? Niko never killed jacob...... They suppose to be friends! Yea money got involve but to choose to kill one at the end?? OPT C is the way to go if you wanna keep all 3 ........... Limitations, barley no interiors, clubs, gas stations for once.... you should have to eat!!! it would've given people a little task to do attest... a lot of features i thought would remain (all the mini games) ..... someone please tell me why they aren't in the game.... some fanboy please!!

the game is good but honestly a 6/10

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

I always think that GTA V is the most ambitious game Rockstar has made to date, like they said, but in the sense that they promised themselves and their fans too much. So this is why there's a lot of hits and misses, they tried to do everything but couldn't manage to successfully polish each new feature, like the cop system for example: it's SO much better than previous titles, but yet so frustrating at the same time.Then there's the storyline, it's actually a very new and interesting concept, but the ending feels so rushed and doesn't provide closure like GTA IV did.Then there's public transportation, interiors, vehicle ownership (SP), stock market... the list goes on. So am I disappointed? Yeah, a bit, but only because they added too much good but far from perfect features into the game. Seeing as some games are popular as they are (*cough* COD Ghosts*cough*), I think Rockstar could have introduced less but more polished features, and it would have stil been a hit.

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Best GTA ever.. (In my opinion each gta beats the previous by miles!) and a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.. Online is great, lots to do, and besides a short stint on black flag, which was awful, I've not touched any other game since 5 has been out..

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Better than I expected.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

I recognise and acknowledge its flaws, but it exceeded my expectations greatly. Not a perfect game, but a really f*cking good one. 

KamikaziOtter
  • KamikaziOtter

Ne cede malis...

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

I think Yes and No... The world itself is absolutely gorgeous, textures, weather and the bespoke feel you got from each area, I think they totally nailed that!

That being said, did it have the next level physics and detail "SHOCK factor" that GTA4 did... No...

It's still a awesome game though, I enjoy playing with my crew Online (since that works) now and i'm definitely looking forward to future DLC's. But I definitely think they overreached when it came to the scale of this game compared to what this current consol could deliver.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

it wasn't even close t as good  as I anticipated... but it is still my favorite gta

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Simply put, no. 

It's still an excellent game though.

• theGTAking101 and Scaglietti like this

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

My expectations we're spot on, i knew beforehand the driving was a dumbed down piece of sht, sure i'll get used to ir mod that sht out on PC. I've seen ppl complain about radio stations, i can say that they we're crap on gta iv and don't know about V, probably the same or worse, in any case, san andreas radio was the best, driving in the country side, a long ride as you may remember, listening to your favorite radio that almost never loops itself, one of the best parts in the game.

ActionBronson
  • ActionBronson

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

It was pretty much what I expected.

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Well, I don't really have expectations for games...It certainly wowed me, definitely a top-notch title.

I like the little details in the game, I'm glad they took out the meaningless attributes of past games...Like eating, but they also added a handful of them as well, like f*cking yoga.

I'm still quite impressed though, fantastic outing for the franchise and I am definitely hyped for what comes in the future.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

In some ways, yes. In others, no. Like the graphics are better than expected, whilst the physics are much worse than I expected; the vehicle variery is better than expected, whilst the car selection is worse than I expected because it lacks the balance I craved pre-release. Et cetera...

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Wasn't what I expected but it also wasn't THAT terrible

So I voted for No on the poll

• Scaglietti likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

At first I was scratching my head, then I started to see all the details and I slowly started to realise it was the best game I ever played (imho, clarifying before I get the V haters on my ass). The story was awesome, the ending was a bit "eh?", but still, the story and the dialogues were almost perfect.

I loved everything else, but I don't wanna write paragraphs of text nobody is gonna read.

ShaunNoWay
  • ShaunNoWay

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by ThatGuyWhoMakesThoseThings, 17 December 2013 - 03:58 AM.

I'm glad they took out the meaningless attributes of past games...Like eating, ...

Were you juggled as a baby? Eating was one of the most essential core mechanics of past GTA titles! It was the quickest, easiest, most convenient way to restore your health and it boggles my mind why they left it out of this one. It's such a chore to have to keep trucking back to my safehouse just to get my health back up. It's especially frustrating when you consider how easily you lose health in this game. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Scaglietti likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

to me I had a lot of exceptions for GTA5...  Like I said, rockstar was very lazy with this game. Like i said when i first started responding to these post.... this game was in DEV since 2008.

How long did skyrim take??? 3-4 years  Look how f*ckkin  big the map the map is? Look how much sh*t is in that game. And on top of that its a SP game, you can enjoy it without tanks and trolls...

6 Years for -- 3 Characters that has no chemistry (they wanna kill each other at the end? Niko never killed jacob...... They suppose to be friends! Yea money got involve but to choose to kill one at the end?? OPT C is the way to go if you wanna keep all 3 ........... Limitations, barley no interiors, clubs, gas stations for once.... you should have to eat!!! it would've given people a little task to do attest... a lot of features i thought would remain (all the mini games) ..... someone please tell me why they aren't in the game.... some fanboy please!!

Niko Brother or Masterfocker will come in here making up BS why things were cut. Give them time. At least Masterfocker will be a bit more respectful posting it. Niko on the other hand will just be immature with it like he's with every other person bashing V.  

netty_rulz
  • netty_rulz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Above and Beyond! The intricacies are phenomenal...The moments created are well worth it.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

In some ways yes and others no. Pretty much everything I thought would be in the game is in it, but I'm still annoyed a lot of GTA IV's minor details were left out.

• Deadly Target and Scaglietti like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 17 December 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Niko Brother or Masterfocker will come in here making up BS why things were cut. Give them time. At least Masterfocker will be a bit more respectful posting it. Niko on the other hand will just be immature with it like he's with every other person bashing V.  

Hmmm? What does his post have anything to do with stuff being cut? Now you're just trying to, I dunno, insult(?) with no basis.

Anyway, to his post:

GTA absolutely did not start full on development in 2008. Were they working on story/map design/other starting stuff? Absolutely, but they did not start actual development in 2008. Actual development started anywhere between 2009-2010. There's just no way R* starts full-on development less than a year after their most recent game. Remember, this isn't an annual CoD game. There's A LOT more planning for a GTA game.

And you absolutely cannot compare Skyrim and GTA 5. It just...cannot happen. It can't. There's way too many variables.

And with your past about the 3 characters: What you're saying is opinionated. Personally, I thought the relationship and the struggles between the 3 characters were one of the few good points of the story. Michael and Trevor always going at each other's throats, while Franklin is stuck in the middle of it. I don't even know why you brought up GTA 4...what you said doesn't even come close to relating to GTA 5...

What do you mean limitations?

Lack of interiors was a disappointment, but less so for me than other people.

And you want to have to eat in a GTA game? That's fine, but you're gonna have to wait for PC for that. You can't knock GTA 5 for not having a requirement to eat though; that's just...stupid, really. You've never been able to eat in a GTA game before, and there was never any indication of being able to eat now.

To answer OP: Nope. GTA exceeded what I expected it to be. You see, I didn't hype myself up to superhuman standards before release. It's just a video game. I was excited, yes, but I wasn't making comments like "OMG Jizz inz my pantszz" like some other people here.

CharlesManson855
  • CharlesManson855

George clooney is my ONLY love

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

no but with that being said its my own fault i hyped myself up SO much i remember waiting in the midnight line cue it  was the most  excited i have been in my life  only 2nd to when i lost my Virginity insane really but its a good game just a bit Disjointed in places i think IV is better and even a game like Sleeping dogs  (Which i Beat JUST Before the Release of V) is on par with v  Maybe even a tiny bit    Better than V IMO. (which shocked me) 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

Do people have brain damage or something? You can still eat in this game!

Either from a 24/7 or a Vending machine!

Bozwonk
  • Bozwonk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Initially, I loved it. There are some fantastic aspects of the single player mode and on the online stuff. More recently I have loved it less, the online side, it has to be said. But like a junkie promising to give up the junk, only to walk straight out and score, or, more aptly, like a dog going back to eat it's own vomit, I can't stop playing it.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

Above and beyond for me, it was just superb and I really respect Rockstar for producing something as well done as it was.

Obviously it has flaws, what piece of art doesn't? But to me, it was one of the finest gaming experiences of the generation, the perfect swansong to this generation's end. Hell, this game felt much more like a Next Gen game than any of the launch stuff on PS4/XBO. (Though that's not saying much)

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

I chose that it was just as good as I expected.  I know that the consoles have limitations, and I also know how hard it is to make a game, so I really didn't expect anything crazy.  But it's still way better than gta 4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users