Photo

Rich Kid Ethan Couch Gets 10 Years Probation for 4 DUI Kills

66 replies to this topic
Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal, 18 December 2013 - 08:01 PM.

I actually revisited the forums a few days ago to see if there was a topic on this and assumed there already was one ==> the typical flame wars ==> locked.  So I left the issue alone.  

This is outrageous.  The idea that disproportionately wealthy people (especially kids) can develop an involuntary lack of compassion and moral awareness is a legitimate concern.  However, if there are legal protections for those so rich they can't tell right from wrong, then where is the protection for those so poor that they don't even have a choice between right and wrong?  Years in jail for getting caught with pounds of a controlled substance that has never killed anyone so the defendant can feed their family vs months in a resort for killing 4 people while drunk on stolen alcohol with prior alcohol charges.  No justice.

The same judge sentenced a black teenager to ten years for making someone lose their balance and fall to an accidental death after a punch to the face in a fight.

IM_YOUR_GOD
  • IM_YOUR_GOD

Christian Zionist Rank 9

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by IM_YOUR_GOD, 18 December 2013 - 08:14 PM.

Race is used in America heavy to cover up class and subsets of classifications. But also not limited; there is also religion and political edicts that provided more profits for the rich in terms of substantial growth and tax loopholes. (America needs to look like a fertile bitch she is, just ripe for foreign investments..... Mmmmmm Sugarwall Street.)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

If a 'rich' kid does something there is the possibility of redemption.

If a 'poor' kid does it you have something else, the 'poor' kids would look at any leniency as a weakness in the ruling class. Look at how proud these kids are of their 'jail time'. It's an award, a badge to be worn proudly in the 'hood'. if he was a poor kid he'd most likely tattoo four tear drops on his cheek as a notice to all, "I done in four."

With no real worry of Execution, why should anyone who fears death have a care? And, even if there were to be executions, most (I suspect) wouldn't give it a thought other than, "They aren't gonna catch me."

The fear of punishment for any sort of a crime has long disappeared from the poor classes, nothing to lose has that effect.

Now, with the rich they might have a lot to lose, so they work it out to not do that. When one makes an error of judgment the rest rally round and make it all better.

If you have no idea what it is like to be poor you should have no right to say what goes on in the mind of someone who is. Judging by that post it sounds like you have no idea what it is like to have nothing. Shut the f*ck up. 

When people are 'poor' (you should note that the ' ' are there), If you have no idea what it's like to watch an arrest of some 'poor' kid who just laughs like it's a game you might take your own advice. The criminally minded 'poor' don't care. They just figure it as counting coup. Middle class and Rich class consider being arrested as a shameful act. Yes, there are middle-aged and OLD people who are poor and feel shamed but they are dying out.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

You've never grown up in an environment where the law is seen as the enemy. Where the law IS the enemy. It's a world you can't possibly understand unless you have lived in it. It's seen as a game because that's about the only way you can cope with it without going insane. Look at the statistics of the poor who are in prison for minor drug charges, and I hope you might understand.

And by the way, I have seen some people do some pretty funny sh*t when they get arrested, but I've never seen someone just laugh like it was nothing

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

And by the way, I have seen some people do some pretty funny sh*t when they get arrested, but I've never seen someone just laugh like it was nothing

I agree.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

If a 'rich' kid does something there is the possibility of redemption.

If a 'poor' kid does it you have something else, the 'poor' kids would look at any leniency as a weakness in the ruling class. Look at how proud these kids are of their 'jail time'. It's an award, a badge to be worn proudly in the 'hood'. if he was a poor kid he'd most likely tattoo four tear drops on his cheek as a notice to all, "I done in four."

With no real worry of Execution, why should anyone who fears death have a care? And, even if there were to be executions, most (I suspect) wouldn't give it a thought other than, "They aren't gonna catch me."

The fear of punishment for any sort of a crime has long disappeared from the poor classes, nothing to lose has that effect.

Now, with the rich they might have a lot to lose, so they work it out to not do that. When one makes an error of judgment the rest rally round and make it all better.

If you have no idea what it is like to be poor you should have no right to say what goes on in the mind of someone who is. Judging by that post it sounds like you have no idea what it is like to have nothing. Shut the f*ck up. 

When people are 'poor' (you should note that the ' ' are there), If you have no idea what it's like to watch an arrest of some 'poor' kid who just laughs like it's a game you might take your own advice. The criminally minded 'poor' don't care. They just figure it as counting coup. Middle class and Rich class consider being arrested as a shameful act. Yes, there are middle-aged and OLD people who are poor and feel shamed but they are dying out.

And did you see when some rich kid is getting arrested. They just say 'You know who my dad is? I will be out by morning and you will lose your badge!' That's a general attitude,at least where I live. That kid got free ticket now,he will do same and similar things later becouse now he knows that money is gonna protect him. Next time maybe on purpose.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:35 AM Edited by lil weasel, 19 December 2013 - 10:41 PM.

Sure, "Lindsey Lohan Syndrome".

It appears the boy may get Prison Time for the injuries to his two friends.

At least of them is also suing for crippling injuries.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users