what do you think if Gta IV?

41 replies to this topic
Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

Well to call it a game is not exactly right because I find it art. However calling it that I'd say it is the best game ever made and I mean it. SA was a great game but lacked detail for me to keep enjoying it after GTA IV. GTA V is just pathetic in its attempt to better. It is not fun nor immersive. I always say quality over quantity and that's exactly why GTA IV lies supreme.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:25 PM Edited by LowiPL, 21 December 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Liberty City in gta iv is worst GTA city, game is ok but missions and activities is bad

• ten-a-penny likes this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by Gettin up, 22 December 2013 - 03:33 AM.

My most time played game on Steam and so far only GTA game i've done 100%.

So i think it's one of the best games ever been made.

V might be better when it gets released on PC.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by Tilemaxx, 24 December 2013 - 03:44 AM.

It was a breakthrough for gaming back in '08, but it has been surpassed by other open-world games gameplay wise (relatively quickly), only because of some bizarre selections by R* in the gameplay department. Still one of the best games of this generation though. 

I need to replay GTA IV again, but sadly i've sold my 360 console and game copy a long time ago, and i can't stand the terrible PS3 port. I guess i'll have to wait until i get a new decent PC, because my sh*tty laptop definitely can't run IV PC (unless i want to play a slideshow version of it)

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

Story - 10

Gameplay - 10

Replayability - 10

Multiplayer - 10

GTA IV - 9001/10

78 lil red express
  • 78 lil red express

the fastest thing you could buy in 1978

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

the best gta hands down. it runs super on my pc 40 or 50 frames a sec.

this is probably one of the greatest games ever made imho,

• Miamivicecity likes this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

I didn't care for it, personally.

Most of the missions are too repetitive. Most of them are either just a car chase or a shoot out. Don't get me wrong, I love gun fights, but I feel like even the 3D games have more mission variety than GTA IV did.

I don't find Niko as sympathetic as most other players. It doesn't seem to me like he tries very hard to stay out of trouble, and while there are times where he'll question if it's right to kill a certain target, most of the time it seems like he just makes sure that he's getting paid and goes to work. After all I had heard about how deep and sympathetic he is, he ended up coming off like a hypocrite who complains about his life without actually doing much to change his situation. I skipped the dating, so maybe I'd end up feeling more favorable towards him if I triggered certain dialog that I haven't heard, but as it is, I think he's somewhat overrated.

I dislike that there's so little to spend money on. I think it makes sense for the story that Niko can't purchase properties, but aside from weapons, clothes and certain things that cost so little that they might as well be free, there's no use for most of the money in this game. It robs me of a sense of accomplishment when games like this give you so much more money than you'll need.

There are almost no unlockables in this game. Previous games would give you weapons, pick ups, maybe a vehicle here and there, but you get almost nothing in this game besides cash for doing side missions.

I hate the driving controls. Maybe a lot of other people like the challenge they present, but I don't. I admit I've never been a particularly good driver even in the other games, but I ended up taking cabs to most locations because I disliked the controls so much.

Some of the attempts at realism were annoying. The friendship system has had plenty written about it, but I don't like the missions that come in parts where you have to schedule a meeting, and then wait in-game for the appointment. Multiple missions require you to wear a suit, which makes sense under the circumstances, but if you prefer a different outfit, it's irritating to have to shift through your wardrobe to get your preferred clothes back, especially with how slow the outfit customization is.

Liberty City looks too dull. I've heard it's actually a pretty realistic depiction of New York City, and maybe I'd be more impressed if I lived in or had ever been to New York, but the city just seems boring to look at. Another reason I chose to skip most trips after awhile. 

I had things I liked about the game, and some improvments that were greatly apperciated. But, in my opinion, the game took more steps back than forward.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

The land of opportunity

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

Most of the missions are too repetitive. Most of them are either just a car chase or a shoot out. Don't get me wrong, I love gun fights, but I feel like even the 3D games have more mission variety than GTA IV did.

I don't find Niko as sympathetic as most other players. It doesn't seem to me like he tries very hard to stay out of trouble, and while there are times where he'll question if it's right to kill a certain target, most of the time it seems like he just makes sure that he's getting paid and goes to work. After all I had heard about how deep and sympathetic he is, he ended up coming off like a hypocrite who complains about his life without actually doing much to change his situation. I skipped the dating, so maybe I'd end up feeling more favorable towards him if I triggered certain dialog that I haven't heard, but as it is, I think he's somewhat overrated.

I dislike that there's so little to spend money on. I think it makes sense for the story that Niko can't purchase properties, but aside from weapons, clothes and certain things that cost so little that they might as well be free, there's no use for most of the money in this game. It robs me of a sense of accomplishment when games like this give you so much more money than you'll need.

There are almost no unlockables in this game. Previous games would give you weapons, pick ups, maybe a vehicle here and there, but you get almost nothing in this game besides cash for doing side missions.

I hate the driving controls. Maybe a lot of other people like the challenge they present, but I don't. I admit I've never been a particularly good driver even in the other games, but I ended up taking cabs to most locations because I disliked the controls so much.

Some of the attempts at realism were annoying. The friendship system has had plenty written about it, but I don't like the missions that come in parts where you have to schedule a meeting, and then wait in-game for the appointment. Multiple missions require you to wear a suit, which makes sense under the circumstances, but if you prefer a different outfit, it's irritating to have to shift through your wardrobe to get your preferred clothes back, especially with how slow the outfit customization is.

Liberty City looks too dull. I've heard it's actually a pretty realistic depiction of New York City, and maybe I'd be more impressed if I lived in or had ever been to New York, but the city just seems boring to look at. Another reason I chose to skip most trips after awhile. 

I had things I liked about the game, and some improvments that were greatly apperciated. But, in my opinion, the game took more steps back than forward.

That's fair enough. BTW welcome to the forum.

It's a refreshing change when people can fairly critique GTA IV without dragging it through the mud. Not everyone loves GTA IV and I don't see anything wrong with that.

It just means I have to make the temp bans longer. :pp

• Andreas likes this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

Much apperciated.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

I think that it's a good game, interesting characters, interesting story, good graphics, good cars. I found the game too dramatic, it's different compared to previous gta games, there's no real happy ending, no big celebrations, ending feels sad and silent...

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 05 January 2014 - 03:03 PM.

this guy has ALL my complaints about this game!

also I just wish that IV's fans was just like SonOfLiberty :cool:

here whenever I say: "I love IV, but V just overpass it :cool: " I find sh1tloads of people bashing me :facedesk:

but SonOfLiberty? WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS JUST BE LIKE HIM?

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Great story; sharp satire.  There wasn't a lot of mission variety and the 30 hour campaign could've been cut to 15-20.  Also, the money system was laughable.  Niko had half-million dollars in the bank but still murdered people because he "needed the money".  And in a city of luxury, he had nothing to spend all of it on either.  Still, a big graphical jump and a very ambitious online play for it's time.  Somewhat revolutionary for it's time; but a bit dull and dated now. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users