Photo

what do you think if Gta IV?

41 replies to this topic
Devindaman
  • Devindaman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

I thought it was kind of gritty, All of Liberty city was brown tinted with barley color (Gta fixed this). Story wise was ok, Niko was pretty bad ass, Roman was annoying as sh*t asking me to go bowling every 30 minutes. Over all what do you think of the game? Let your opinions flow.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

Amazing f*cking game.

• kvic likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

worst game :sui:

I do like the game, but almost every single thing in the game (talking about systems) is SERIOUSLY trashed out :turn:

especially the driving mechanics :facedesk:

• Lowi likes this

Devindaman
  • Devindaman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

Yea the game was alright, it has some frame rate issues. Like even GTA 5 runs better then IV some how.

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

One of the best games I have played. I loved it. Story and atmosphere is amazing. Rockstar did really create living breathing city. I have only played it on my PS3 and don't know if PC has issues with porting so that is not included in this opinion.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I like it, but not as much as V.

It took me some time to warm up to the game because it takes a while to get going, but overall I do like it.

• ten-a-penny likes this

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

1. GTA IV
2. GTA Vice City
[...]
1545253352. GTA San Andreas
985367324535533. GTA V

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Definitely love it better than GTA V

• Zello likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

sucka fo love

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Let's just say that if I were only allowed to play one GTA game for the rest of my life, it would be this one.

albanyave
  • albanyave

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

I love this game.  All the annoying calls just adds character to an already detail saturated game.  The driving is quite fun at times.  I've played this game through three times and I'm working on my fourth play through.  Each time I hear something that I didn't hear the previous play.  I find a new way to do something.  Eventhough Iknow how the mission is going to end,  I've approached it in a new way and that keeps the game play fresh.

The story is great and almost every character is memorable.  The city and pedestrians feel real.  There's just enough diversity throughout Liberty and Alderney to make you feel like your in a new part of town. 

IV has me hooked. :^:  :D

• Miamivicecity likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

GTA IV shouldn't even be considered a video game. It's a symbol of artistic excellence. A bit like a Da Vinci work of art.
  • Lee Everett, VercettiGroveRussian, PhantomRoxas101 and 4 others like this

DeadZed
  • DeadZed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by DeadZed, 22 December 2013 - 06:12 AM.

• Story

Dislikes:

• Music - there are only two radio stations worth listening to: The Vibe and Vladivostok FM.
  • Lack of activities - huge city but there isn't much to do.
  • Friendships system - "Niko, it's your cousin. Let's go bowling!" Enough said.

Overall, I felt the game came short and it's nowhere as good as San Andreas. Still, I find it very fun.

• ten-a-penny and Lowi like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

The best GTA and one of the best open world games. 

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Very disappointing, it was great in its own right, but it was terrible as a GTA. What really sucks is that if you read the beta pages on GTA Wiki, you will see that GTA IV was originally going to have things like planes and vehicle variety, it looked as though it was going to be more like a 3D Universe game in terms of gameplay, but it was all cut for a mainstream story driven approach. And I will never no what Rockstar was thinking when they added the friendship/dating system, I don't even have an idea what they were thinking when they added girlfriends in GTA San Andreas.
GTA TBOGT fixed some of my disappointments, but definitely nowhere near all of them.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by StingrayX, 18 December 2013 - 10:16 PM.

I do like the game, but almost every single thing in the game (talking about systems) is SERIOUSLY trashed out :turn:

:D Hehe!

Overall I think IV is a wonderful game that has aged, well not excellently but decently. I actually prefer it to V for various reasons, it is just my opinion that IV is more focused on quality over quantity and V is more focused on quantity over quality when I had hoped for a balance.

And may I ask, how was Roman that annoying? He barely asks me to go bowling and when I do I laugh my ass off due to all of the memes and videos about it. :)

@Above, it wasn't terrible as a GTA as original GTA's had the basics that IV does. And please do yourself a favor and look at all that wad axed from V. Then add what was axed from IV itself too. You'll be severely disappointed.
  • Zello likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

@Above, it wasn't terrible as a GTA as original GTA's had the basics that IV does. And please do yourself a favor and look at all that wad axed from V. Then add what was axed from IV itself too. You'll be severely disappointed.

I have had a look at what was cut from GTA V, and apart from the Hunter and the Skimmer, none of it bothers me. In GTA IV, nearly everything that was cut bothers me, because it was originally meant to be like previous games in terms of gameplay, but it was changed for a mainstream story driven approach.
And also, even the original GTA had vehicle variety.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

To put it simply; a masterpiece.

• PhantomRoxas101 likes this

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

The fourth best game in the entire series after SA/VC and V; that's what I think. The game isn't a masterpiece for me. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

The fourth best game in the entire series after SA/VC and V; that's what I think. The game isn't a masterpiece for me.

Simply unacceptable.
  • Ermac., Shou and PhantomRoxas101 like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

After V and SA? That's good joke. 

• Andreas, ten-a-penny and nobum62 like this

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

After V and SA? That's good joke. 

IV beating V and SA is also a good joke in my eyes. 

Subjectivity works both ways. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

You do realise by saying that you now have to serve multiple temp bans right?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

^ Give me all the temp bans you want, if you were give me IV temp bans then that would indeed be crap yes?

Spoiler

• Miamivicecity and ten-a-penny like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

^ Give me all the temp bans you want, if you were give me IV temp bans then that would indeed be crap yes?

Spoiler

Ha I see what you did there.
  • Shou likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:38 AM Edited by Tycek, 19 December 2013 - 09:08 PM.

How about putting an end to all these pointless debates and constant comparing different parts of the game to each other? As they say "De gustibus non est disputantum", so it will be rather hard to have one opinion here. Let's have fun with our favourite games, because that's why they are made for. 

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Very disappointing, it was great in its own right, but it was terrible as a GTA. What really sucks is that if you read the beta pages on GTA Wiki, you will see that GTA IV was originally going to have things like planes and vehicle variety, it looked as though it was going to be more like a 3D Universe game in terms of gameplay, but it was all cut for a mainstream story driven approach. And I will never no what Rockstar was thinking when they added the friendship/dating system, I don't even have an idea what they were thinking when they added girlfriends in GTA San Andreas.
GTA TBOGT fixed some of my disappointments, but definitely nowhere near all of them.

damn I wish they've putted all that! :(

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

I love this game.  All the annoying calls just adds character to an already detail saturated game.  The driving is quite fun at times.  I've played this game through three times and I'm working on my fourth play through.  Each time I hear something that I didn't hear the previous play.  I find a new way to do something.  Eventhough Iknow how the mission is going to end,  I've approached it in a new way and that keeps the game play fresh.

The story is great and almost every character is memorable.  The city and pedestrians feel real.  There's just enough diversity throughout Liberty and Alderney to make you feel like your in a new part of town. 

IV has me hooked. :^:  :D

I'm sorry, but saying the annoying phone calls add to the realism is like the people making excuses for the lack of interiors in V. It just doesn't make sense. 

IV was a different approach to GTA and I think R* handled it quite well. I still like GTA V better, but, each to his own I guess. 

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

If the driving mechanics in GTA IV are bad, what is good? GTA 5? Please say that. Please tell me GTA 5 has better driving physics. I'm begging you. It would make my week. I'd print out the post and pin it up around my school's hallways, spreading the good cheer. I will mark the date on my calender the post was made, and every year on that date I will gather family and friends and we'll sing songs about the driving mechanics. We will also exchange gifts, and have a glorious feast to celebrate the occasion.

So please.

Go on.

• P2FX, nobum62 and matajuegos01 like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

If the driving mechanics in GTA IV are bad, what is good? GTA 5? Please say that. Please tell me GTA 5 has better driving physics. I'm begging you. It would make my week. I'd print out the post and pin it up around my school's hallways, spreading the good cheer. I will mark the date on my calender the post was made, and every year on that date I will gather family and friends and we'll sing songs about the driving mechanics. We will also exchange gifts, and have a glorious feast to celebrate the occasion.

So please.

Go on.

here you have it:

GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V GTA V

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

When will people learn that a good game isn't the one with the most things to do or the most fun?

• kvic and nobum62 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users