Photo

My mom is trying to add me on Facebook.

40 replies to this topic
Zoobz
  • Zoobz

Superior

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by Zoobz, 15 December 2013 - 11:30 PM.

My mom is trying to be internet savvy and sent me a Facebook friend request.

She asked whether or not I'll accept it. I said "I don't know, maybe later".

Eventually she'll probably make me do it.

So what do I do. I think I can have some posts/pictures etc. hidden from her after I accept it.

Have you been in a similar situation?

:panic:

Myron
  • Myron

Myron baby, Myron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

This topic sucks, I want discourse.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

In the land of the skunks, he who has half a nose is king

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Don't accept it. My parents arent on facebook but I have aunts and uncles on Facebook. I only accept the requests from the cool aunts/uncles, the rest, I wouldn't.

Myron
  • Myron

Myron baby, Myron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

From the little I know about facebook, I hear you can hide certain things from certain people in the options. Just do that for the things you don't want her to see if you fear not adding her will tear your family apart.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Make a new account that you don't do anything on and add her on that one

• Andreas, Lazyboy. and Osho like this

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by CallTheCoroner, 15 December 2013 - 11:40 PM.

Are you not cool enough with your mother where you can just straight up tell her it's like an un-written rule not to be friends with your mother? Lol, I can't believe this is even a conversation, oh how times have changed.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

I think it's beautiful that you are 256 colors too.

• Zaibatsu
  • Somalia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

You can set it up to were certain people can't see certain things you post. Alternatively, you could accept her request, then create a new account and block her from that one. 

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

Superior

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Are you not cool enough with your mother where you can just straight up tell her it's like an un-written rule not to be friends with your mother? Lol, I can't believe this is even a conversation, oh how times have changed.

I got pictures of me with girls. And she will be asking to many questions. Can't be arsed to deal with that.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Can I friend your mom on Facebook?
  • Street Mix, Lazyboy., Osho and 1 other like this

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

I got pictures of me with girls. And she will be asking to many questions. Can't be arsed to deal with that.

That's my point. Just tell her she's not cool enough.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

So Facebook... she definitely wants to get laid with you.
  • Greasepalms, WizardOfTruth, Andreas and 1 other like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

Don't accept it.

It's a rule on the internet; don't talk to your family.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

King of the Forums

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Smash her computer or something... 

Spoiler

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Smash her computer or something... 

Spoiler

Ha ha, that just reminded me of that Niko Bellic's quote of "at least my mother does not live in a cage in zoo".
  • F4L? likes this

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

I think it's beautiful that you are 256 colors too.

• Zaibatsu
  • Somalia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

"You see all the women in this photo? I f*cked them all."

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'm friends with my mom on Facebook mainly because she's too computer-illiterate to work the site half the time, so I'm not too worried.

If you want to be friends with her but are too afraid of her seeing your nudez, just limit who can see it. Otherwise, don't accept the request. Simple.

• WizardOfTruth likes this

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

My mom was always pretty cool weh nI was on Facebook. She sent me tons of help in mafia wars, and I think I got a few Tommy guns from her for Christmas.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

It used to weird me out that I have family members mixed with GTAF members on my friends list. However, I'm not bothered about it anymore because you can just utilise the lists function and pretty much hide or show the basics like photos or timeline.

Are you one of these people that uses Facebook as a window to your soul? If you are, I suggest just adding her since she won't stop asking, but hiding her from everything.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heit leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

At the time of this post, I have 243 friends on facebook

Half of them used to have a class with me a few years ago and I never see them anymore

The other half I see on a regular basis but never talk to, either in real life or online.

About 5-10% of my friends on facebook, I talk to on a regular basis.

• Bull12345Bull likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

It used to weird me out that I have family members mixed with GTAF members on my friends list. However, I'm not bothered about it anymore because you can just utilise the lists function and pretty much hide or show the basics like photos or timeline.

Are you one of these people that uses Facebook as a window to your soul? If you are, I suggest just adding her since she won't stop asking, but hiding her from everything.

Will you be my Facebook friend?

And in general:
No reason to hide everything from your own mother. Your parents are going to die one day and then you'll feel bad for cutting them out of your life.

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

So.. this is what I get for sending you a friend request..

Fine, go ahead, decline it. And on top of that, you're grounded.

:angry:
  • F4L?, WizardOfTruth, Bull12345Bull and 1 other like this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

This about the sum of what can happen if you say "No, nobody has their parents on Facebook!"

Stop being mommy's little bitch and say no, I do not want to have you on Facebook because none of my friends do, it's just weird, it's like if you came out and hung out with us all the time, it's just weird mum mom.

Then block her, I still have my mum and other relatives who I don't want to see what i'm doing blocked on Facebook, i'm getting older now though so it's not really that exciting but nevertheless, annoying parents can stay off the internet.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

"One of them probably has your grand-daughter, ma."

• WBaker likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

This about the sum of what can happen if you say "No, nobody has their parents on Facebook!"

Stop being mommy's little bitch and say no, I do not want to have you on Facebook because none of my friends do, it's just weird, it's like if you came out and hung out with us all the time, it's just weird mum mom.

Then block her, I still have my mum and other relatives who I don't want to see what i'm doing blocked on Facebook, i'm getting older now though so it's not really that exciting but nevertheless, annoying parents can stay off the internet.

That's family guy. It's one of the best things you will have in life. One day you will bury them. Show some respect. :(

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Delete your facebook and make a new one with a different name,

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

That's family guy. It's one of the best things you will have in life. One day you will bury them. Show some respect. :(
I do respect them, well my father at least, enough to save him from the nonsense that goes on my Facebook and how unproud it'd make him.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

You sex me up, baby!

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

What the hell? Of course you should accept, it's your mother! I've got my mom and dad and uncles and aunts on facebook, as should you; unless you brag about stealing cars and murdering cats

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

My sister doesn't allows my parents to their friends and it has little what so ever effect. I know because they always come to me when they want to spy look into my sister's profile.

That's how it is. You can't never accept that your parents are your friends. It just makes things awkward and uh, disturbing.

Spoiler

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by Kippers, 16 December 2013 - 01:15 PM.

I always tell my parents that if they added me on Facebook, they would know a whole lot more about what I get up to. That pretty much put them off immediately.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by haythem09, 16 December 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Adding your mother on facebook would be no different to adding your mother on TheF*ckBuddyClub.com.

Would you add your mother on TheF*ckBuddyClub.com?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users