Quantcast

» «
Photo

I just remembered why I don't play this game anymore...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic
OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

You can't have fun. In the middle of a raging thunderstorm on top of Mt. Chiliad with no NPC's around, blew up a random dirt bike that was parked up there. And immediately here come 2 LSCS cruisers (rear wheel drive crown Victoria's, I might add) driving full speed up the slick rainy dirt track. Mind you, I watched them spawn out of thin air with my sniper scope. So I just sat in my 4x4 Canis Seminole watching them. And ooop, wouldn't ya know it, they know exactly what I look like... through tinted windows. And what did they do? Ram my big old SUV with their crown vics, sending it sliding backwards 20 feet. And then... they all open fire. Didn't even ask me to get out or surrender. Nope. Immediate lethal force. I had to turn the Xbox off. I just couldn't wrap my mind around how absolutely f*cking broken the police are in this game. This is GTA... accurate and realistic police should have been #1 or #2 on R*s agenda... not Yoga and a a big worthless ocean floor.
  • GutterMouthPWG, ..GhosT, TaazR and 7 others like this

Radius95
  • Radius95

Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

You can't have fun. In the middle of a raging thunderstorm on top of Mt. Chiliad with no NPC's around, blew up a random dirt bike that was parked up there. And immediately here come 2 LSCS cruisers (rear wheel drive crown Victoria's, I might add) driving full speed up the slick rainy dirt track. Mind you, I watched them spawn out of thin air with my sniper scope. So I just sat in my 4x4 Canis Seminole watching them. And ooop, wouldn't ya know it, they know exactly what I look like... through tinted windows. And what did they do? Ram my big old SUV with their crown vics, sending it sliding backwards 20 feet. And then... they all open fire. Didn't even ask me to get out or surrender. Nope. Immediate lethal force. I had to turn the Xbox off. I just couldn't wrap my mind around how absolutely f*cking broken the police are in this game. This is GTA... accurate and realistic police should have been #1 or #2 on R*s agenda... not Yoga and a a big worthless ocean floor.

Maybe turn on your imagination...

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

I like getting stars, it's kind of a cornerstone of GTA. If you don't like getting stars than maybe GTA isn't the game for you.

The cops shot at you for 2 stars and up in GTAIV as well. Did you hate that game too?
  • IveGotNoValues and ten-a-penny like this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

"I just remembered why I don't play this game anymore... I'm not very good at it so I must convince everyone that it is broken in order to make me feel better about myself"

There is so much fun to be had on this game, and whilst the cops are pretty ruthless, I think it adds a necessary challenge especially when we have regenerating health now. Although I will admit, at times it can be a tad annoying. Still, it's certainly not game breaking. 

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

I used to hate the police, but once I got better at escaping them I stopped even realizing they were hard in the first place.
  • davetopper likes this

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

It is good to know that you remember.

Now you can f*ck off ay.

DrunkenGerbils
  • DrunkenGerbils

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

The police in GTA 5 are easier to escape then previous games they just don't work the same as they used to. People are having a hard time because they're still using the same tactics to escape them. Police now track you by line of sight and by noise. So duck into an alley or behind something, then TURN OFF YOUR RADIO AND LIGHTS! They can hear your radio and if you're hiding behind something at night with your head lights on they can see the beam of light. Also when there's a helicopter after you make sure to hide under a bridge or something so they can't see you from the sky. 

When you keep these simple things in mind they're actually really easy to deal with. Stop running and running like you're a gangster Forrest Gump and hide! 

• Murad The Murderer, davetopper and pilscy like this

ninjaspirit
  • ninjaspirit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

bored of the game too.

any mission i get sucks, gotta pick up another damn tanker and deliver it.

if i join a game i get trolled because i end up in middle of nowhere with no car.

if i joina  race they just crash me instead of trying to actually race.

if i wear my headset all i hear are 12yr olds saying the N word over and over

if i get stars..i simply go into a tunnel to remove them.

the game if full of bugs n glitches...

i go to snipe someone, on the map i can see their blip but on my scope i dont see them??

being able to snipe someone ina  tank is lame, in reality its impossible.

running someone over at fast speed and watching them get back up sucks, they should be dead.

using a tank to run someone over and they still live even after you done this 4 or 5 times sucks.

if they could fix the problems int he game it would be worthwhile to still play it but the game has become a game of trolls who host games and then screw you over because for a 12yr it seems funny.

i dont get it.

to me....i've finished the online game, i bought everything, did most missions, unlocked everything so to me theres not much point. i login with my crew, we are 73 strong btu we all complain about same thing. we are bored.

chasing after a bounty gets old

the armored cars dont seem to appear, they bug out

there are no heists

invading the zacuto army base gets old

the fact there is no crouch or prone totally ruins the game for sniping as you have to walk to the building edges to see below making you totally obvious.

i enjoyed it, now just wait for dlc stuff

and after 7 patches..you'd think they'd fix the money glitch..

epic fail

• AndrewDeSanta, UltraGizmo64, pilscy and 1 other like this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

The police in GTA 5 are easier to escape then previous games they just don't work the same as they used to. People are having a hard time because they're still using the same tactics to escape them. Police now track you by line of sight and by noise. So duck into an alley or behind something, then TURN OFF YOUR RADIO AND LIGHTS! They can hear your radio and if you're hiding behind something at night with your head lights on they can see the beam of light. Also when there's a helicopter after you make sure to hide under a bridge or something so they can't see you from the sky. 

When you keep these simple things in mind they're actually really easy to deal with. Stop running and running like you're a gangster Forrest Gump and hide! 

And doing all that every time you give a pedestrian a finger is sooo much fun.

Murad The Murderer
  • Murad The Murderer

Makin' Bacon Pancakes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Like these guys said, you must not be good at evading the police. Sure they are everywhere but it isn't hard to hide from them. And why turn your xbox off? Not up for a little challenge?

Just go off road and they usually don't follow you, I know you said you were on chilliad but there are trails on the mountain that they spawn on.

Easy evasion: just sit on a steep hill until they can't see you and wait, they will stop looking.

But I for one love seeing them launch into the air if you are behind a ridge just to have them blow up further down the mountain.

DrunkenGerbils
  • DrunkenGerbils

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

All of that? It's really just one thing you have to do ...hide. Pretty simple, and yes while hiding you need to have your radio and lights off, which takes about two seconds to do if you're slow at it. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

Wait, we can get stars for the finger??

DrunkenGerbils
  • DrunkenGerbils

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

No, you do not get stars for giving the finger. This is what we call an immature exaggeration. 

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well if you give a pedestrian a finger or just stare at him funny he can call the police and they will come to shoot you. If you show it to a cop you are as good as dead.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

I understand, middle of nowhere, no witnesses for a mile radius, and you get the cops spawning, identifying, ramming and blasting.

This is what happens in GTA games since GTA 1, what people don't understand is that R* have probably put in an invisible bar the player cannot see, players commit enough crimes to fill up that bar and the cops will attempt to kill you :/

Some people will argue and say that no crimes were committed prior and cops still show up - well, I guess if it irritates you stop blowing sh*t up, stop shooting npcs or turn the game off and pray for your PC version to mod.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Y'all fan girls are missing the point. This horrible broken police spawn system and absolutely non existent stealth mechanic. Same thing happens when you kill hikers with a suppressed weapon. Bam. Instant 2 stars. Here come the Los Santos sheriff driving straight up the f*ckin mountainside in a rear wheel drive sedan. Yep. Lemme just go f*ckin turn my lights off and hide under a f*ckin bridge. Goddamn people take cockstars cock out of your mouth and think about it for a second. Maybe people would like to have fun silently killing peds without magic cops knowing about everything. And don't tell me I suck at evading the cops. I don't. I can slaughter them with no problem. Point is I DONT ALWAYS WANT EVERYTHING TO TURN INTO WWIII WITH THE LSPD you unimaginative f*ckwits. Go play online and drive around in your chradders
  • GutterMouthPWG, saintsrow, UltraGizmo64 and 2 others like this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Chiliad seems to be one area where the cops are programmed to not only appear right away, but to be super-aggressive even at one star.

It's not like that everywhere. They don't appear immediately when you're in the city and they don't attack as fast.

It seems to be an intentional joke that they do that on top of the mountain, or they're "protecting" the secret UFO or something.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Hearts are power. Nothingness is eternal!

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 15 December 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Y'all fan girls are missing the point. This horrible broken police spawn system and absolutely non existent stealth mechanic. Same thing happens when you kill hikers with a suppressed weapon. Bam. Instant 2 stars. Here come the Los Santos sheriff driving straight up the f*ckin mountainside in a rear wheel drive sedan. Yep. Lemme just go f*ckin turn my lights off and hide under a f*ckin bridge. Goddamn people take cockstars cock out of your mouth and think about it for a second. Maybe people would like to have fun silently killing peds without magic cops knowing about everything. And don't tell me I suck at evading the cops. I don't. I can slaughter them with no problem. Point is I DONT ALWAYS WANT EVERYTHING TO TURN INTO WWIII WITH THE LSPD you unimaginative f*ckwits. Go play online and drive around in your chradders

Shhh....shhh... it's okay...it's only a game...

You sure there's nobody else around?

there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

• Murad The Murderer and ReekyAlex like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by spamtackey, 15 December 2013 - 08:47 PM.

If you don't find free roaming in GTA V fun then don't play it for that. I go back to GTA IV for my free roaming, Saint's Row 3 for my over-the-top easy stupid fun, and I still play GTA V for the structured elements and the game world. It's not perfect but IMO there is plenty of ways to have fun with GTA V. If not then it's not for you. 

• pilscy likes this

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

I agree with OP. What the use of country-side, silencers, stun-guns, etc if the cops are from the Matrix?

Nothing like letting the peak of a mountain get off screen then watching cruiser after cruiser spawn from the top.

Still love the game, though. But I do squat outside of online or storyline.

• GutterMouthPWG likes this

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by 2281, 15 December 2013 - 09:00 PM.

I love all the GTA V fanboys that claim the LSPD don't have X-Ray vision and such as in GTA IV. I once gained a wanted level in a more secluded area of Los Santos and did the responsible thing and ran away and hid in a large bush. Not once was I in their field of vision. I observed as the police pulled up off in the distance and proceeded to run straight towards my hiding spot. 

For those interested in a cop-free San Andreas, look here. It isn't perfect, but at least I got to check out Fort Zancudo with some peace.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

But how am I supposed to get stars if killing people is all of the sudden not a crime?

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

No matter how broken and annoying the police system is, just remember one thing: PC version with a trainer. You pretty much can only start having fun in GTA V when the PC version comes out and gets a trainer, you will be able to bump a hiker without automatically having 10 police vehicles fly up the mountain with their ridiculous rubber banding that makes them 10 times faster than the speed of light. I agree that you can't have fun in this game without having to run away from the police every 10 seconds, no matter where you are, it's ridiculous. Their spawning is horrible, Rockstar didn't even try to hide the spawning system for them, they just spawn right in front of you (making you crash into them). I seriously think they spent about 10 minutes coding all the police mechanics, there's no way it feels complete. They always know where you are, and who you are, there's no trying, it's so boring doing the same thing over and over, running away from them, I don't know who would find that fun...

Rockstar's number one focus was multiplayer, that's the reason for the broken single player, they just don't care about it.

• GutterMouthPWG, UltraGizmo64, 2281 and 2 others like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by Zodape, 15 December 2013 - 10:15 PM.

I agree, cops are ridiculous.

But sometimes dieing isn't that bad. Usually after I die I inmediatly start blowing up everything, killing everyone. Then I die. Then I respawn at the same place. Then I do the same until I run out of ammo. Then I load my savegame.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

No matter how broken and annoying the police system is, just remember one thing: PC version with a trainer. You pretty much can only start having fun in GTA V when the PC version comes out and gets a trainer, you will be able to bump a hiker without automatically having 10 police vehicles fly up the mountain with their ridiculous rubber banding that makes them 10 times faster than the speed of light. I agree that you can't have fun in this game without having to run away from the police every 10 seconds, no matter where you are, it's ridiculous. Their spawning is horrible, Rockstar didn't even try to hide the spawning system for them, they just spawn right in front of you (making you crash into them). I seriously think they spent about 10 minutes coding all the police mechanics, there's no way it feels complete. They always know where you are, and who you are, there's no trying, it's so boring doing the same thing over and over, running away from them, I don't know who would find that fun...

Rockstar's number one focus was multiplayer, that's the reason for the broken single player, they just don't care about it.

Oh Bert, even when you make a sensible post, you have to ruin it with the nonsense about Online. It's quite sad, really, how obsessed you are over a delusion.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

I concur, and I don't think the "Learn how to avoid them" responses actually address the topic, which is that the whole setup is a fail.

• pilscy likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

I agree that the police is not so good in things like spawning. But the actual chases seem fun, imo. Broken single player? Your opinion. I and many others enjoy them. Instead of seeing what MP has and SP doesn't, i play and just enjoy. "They don't care" about SP. What? lol, stop it.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

Oh Bert, even when you make a sensible post, you have to ruin it with the nonsense about Online. It's quite sad, really, how obsessed you are over a delusion.

tumblr_lzondd79TG1qkfixxo1_400.gif

Maybe you should stop clinging onto Rockstar and realise they only care about their online mode. Oh yeah, and I can keep mentioning it as much as I like, there's no rules against it, and I'm certainly not going to let some user act like they can tell other users what they can and can't do. If it really rustles your jimmies that much, the site has an 'ignore' system, put my name on there, and you won't see any of my posts again, it's that simple, you say I keep complaining about online, yet all I see you do is complain about me, do something about it, stop acting like I'm going to do something about it.

I concur, and I don't think the "Learn how to avoid them" responses actually address the topic, which is that the whole setup is a fail.

Exactly, you can't try to avoid them, because they automatically spawn right next to you, and always know where you are, you just have to keep moving or go into a tunnel, the game says you can hide, but that's a lie.

• GutterMouthPWG, UltraGizmo64, 2281 and 1 other like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Maybe you should stop clinging onto Rockstar and realise they only care about their online mode. Oh yeah, and I can keep mentioning it as much as I like, there's no rules against it, and I'm certainly not going to let some user act like they can tell other users what they can and can't do. If it really rustles your jimmies that much, the site has an 'ignore' system, put my name on there, and you won't see any of my posts again, it's that simple, you say I keep complaining about online, yet all I see you do is complain about me, do something about it, stop acting like I'm going to do something about it.

Exactly, you can't try to avoid them, because they automatically spawn right next to you, and always know where you are, you just have to keep moving or go into a tunnel, the game says you can hide, but that's a lie.

The irony of the gif. You keep talking about the focus on MP and blah blah. Just sit down and actually play MP for a while before having a constructive judgment.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

"Maybe you should stop clinging onto Rockstar and realise they only care about their online mode."

I'm not gonna go over the whole Online thing with you again. You're wrong, get over it. If they only cared about Online, then they wouldn't even add a SP, because they'd be too busy working on Online. Or, better yet, they wouldn't allow the server problems that plagued Online in the beginning, and they sure as hell wouldn't release it with so many bugs.

But, you know, f*ck logic and thinking, right? Of course you would, because your argument holds absolutely no merit at all.

"Oh yeah, and I can keep mentioning it as much as I like, there's no rules against it, and I'm certainly not going to let some user act like they can tell other users what they can and can't do."

lolwat? I never said you couldn't mention it, nor did I say anything to even insinuate that. I don't know what you read, but it sure as Hell wasn't my comment.

"If it really rustles your jimmies that much, the site has an 'ignore' system, put my name on there, and you won't see any of my posts again, it's that simple"

It doesn't 'rustle my jimmies' at all, it's entertainment to me. Infact, I'd say it rustles your jimmies more, since it seems to work you up every time I destroy your argument.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users