Sharing Your Progress on iOS.

44 replies to this topic
LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

Reloading the save did not delete the basketball. Where was the old save spot originally? I forgot lol

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:27 PM Edited by OrionSR, 19 December 2013 - 06:27 PM.

The original disk location is over near the door, just about as close to the basketball below as it can be and still be in that room. Load the save I edited before the disk was moved if you want to know for sure.

Is Jailbreak a necessary part of sharing SA saves on iOS?

Is save slot 9 (GTASAsf9.b) a usable save slot on iOS or is this also a special save with a different purpose than slot 10, which is reported to be the resume save slot?

LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

No jailbreak is needed, just navigate through the app files with ifunbox when the iphone is hooked to the PC.

It appears I only have 6 local save slots + 1 resume and 2 cloud slots

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by OrionSR, 20 December 2013 - 04:52 AM.

Interesting. So then maybe slots 1 through 6 for local, 7 and 8 for cloud, and... 9 for resume saves that are not on a mission and 10 for resume saves that are on a mission, or somehow need a lot of extra info recorded. The only slot 10 save I saw was much larger than the slots. And the only slot 9 save I saw seemed to be the same as any other iOS save. Keep an eye on these slots if you can, maybe the time stamp or something can provide a clue to their purpose.

Added: I got a report that android and iOS save are compatible. Can anyone confirm that? I'd love to take a look at a purely Android save.

LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

It does seem that way as cloud saving is done through Social Club rather than Apple's iCloud. Anyway for iOS I finally made it to Homecoming on an unmodded save. Was wondering if you can do the save move fix on Madd Dog's house one more time? I will download the Android San Andreas when I get a chance

http://gtasnp.com/40657

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

Your Homecoming save with Madd Dogg's disk moved to the first room on the left: http://gtasnp.com/40658

LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by LiberachiX, 21 December 2013 - 08:55 AM.

Thanks again! As requested here's an early Android save from a nexus 7. Not sure if there's any differences from ios. I can also confirm that saves are cross compatible as I am playing the modded Homecoming save on my N7 now

http://gtasnp.com/dl/40659

Edit: actually trying to play the modded save, when originally downloaded directly to Android, crashes on ios when using cloud

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by OrionSR, 21 December 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Thanks for the Big Smoke save for Android. The save looks basically the same as the Big Smoke save for iOS provided by the TC; same file ID, file size, and IPL flags. There doesn't seem to be any easy way to tell them apart. Actually being able to load the save on another platform confirms most other compatibility concerns. I'll update Samutz at gtasnp with this new information.

Okay... so, the modified save has the moved disk on Android, and it would probably work as expected on iOS if downloaded directly to the device, but something odd is going on with the cloud saves. Is this true of unmodified saves too?

Out of curiosity, what happens if you copy your slot 9 and 10 saves over to local slots 1-6 and then tried loading them?

Update: I think I found a difference between Android and iOS that might account for the crashing from cloud saves. Slots 9 and 10 are odd because we never see them on PC or PS2, AND... they have their filename (gtasasf9.b or gtasasf10.b) included near the end of the filename string early in the save file. The offsets of these filenames is off by 4 bytes between versions.

So the next questions are: If slots 9 and 10 account for both of the cloud save slots, then why is save 10 so much larger than the other saves. Are there ever slot 7 or 8 saves on mobile? Where are the resume saves? Can you simply rename your cross platform cloud save to a local slot to get it to work.

Added: Slot 10 is an odd looking save. It seems to have most of the same structure with the most obvious difference being that block 1, the block with all the script stuff in it, it much larger. The global variable space is there as usual, but I quickly get lost after that.

LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

Renaming saves 9 and 10 to 4 and 5 resulted in crashes when I tried to load them. Slot 9, moved to the 4th slot, took the name of a previous auto save. Both saves crashed upon loading. I also have slots 7 and 8 with odd names like GTASAsf7_482256.b.

As for the crashing I found that the modded save seemed to crash on Android on any slot when I tried to save and reload it. I haven't tested this new modded save fully on iOS yet

themarin121
  • themarin121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:50 PM Edited by themarin121, 22 December 2013 - 01:53 PM.

Mission: End Of The Line
Completion %: 52.94% 
Notes: Completed on Iphone 4s
  • LiberachiX likes this

stoky
  • stoky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hi, can you tell me how did you hack money? i was trying do that with hex editor. i had 476488 money so i simply search for it and i changed it to 500000. but game says that save game is corrupted. Thanks for giving info

03stevensmi
  • 03stevensmi

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:42 PM Edited by 03stevensmi, 22 December 2013 - 05:44 PM.

It wasn't done by me,
It's from the tech recipes website!
It was apparently done on a game save editor
you can easily find on google!
But I don't use surveys so best ask ORionSR

@stoky:
Thanks for the upload,
Good Work!
;)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

03stevenmi, can you provide a link to more info on tech recipes? I'll like to take a look at this editor.

stoky, we should avoid hijacking this topic with a detailed discussion on editing saves. I'll provide a few key details but if you need additional help then start a new topic (III Era Modding - Other?) and if I don't notice it after a day or so send me a PM invite to your topic.

The last dword of the save file is a 32-bit checksum of all other bytes. If you change a flag from 00 to 01 then you also need to add 1 to this value or the save will be rejected as corrupt. Keep in mind that the bytes are written from left to right, so 0x01D3EE1B will be encoded as 1B EE D3 01. I have a tool by pdescobar for fixing the checksums on PC and PS2 saves, but on mobile saves I've been using the built-in checksum-32 analysis tool of HxD, a free hex editor. Zero out the last 4 bytes of the file and then run the analysis on the whole file.

There's a reasonably good chance that the player money value will be repeated in global variables, or possibly even a random value. It would be a good idea to make more deliberate edits. The structure of San Andreas saves has been documented in great detail for PC and PS2 save. Mobile saves are only a little different; they scattered "c0de words" throughout the save (looks like DE C0 in the save, written as 0xC0DE, 2 bytes... so c0de word for short until a better term presents itself). If I add 2 to every PC offset following each instance of a c0de word then usually everything is aligning as expected.

Player money and money on screen are both stored in Block 15: Player Data. Text search for BLOCK and count from 0 to 15 to find the right spot in the save. If you change player money without changing money on screen and max out the money then it might take... well, probably not an hour if frame limiter is off, but still, a lot longer than it would take to quit and fix the save by updating both variables.

Block 15: Player Data (pc/ps2)

OFFSET  TYPE            DESCRIPTION
0x00    dword           size of block (always 28h)
0x04    dword           money

Block 15: Player Data (mobile)

OFFSET  TYPE            DESCRIPTION
0x00    word            c0de
0x02    dword           size of block (always 28h)
0x06    word            c0de
0x08    dword           money

So um... yeah. There you have it. Code tags and everything. It irritates people if I use those too often outside of the modding forums. And that was just supposed to be what you need to know to get started.

03stevensmi
  • 03stevensmi

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by 03stevensmi, 23 December 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Here's The New Topic On Save Editing
4 iOS & Android:
http://gtaforums.com...view=getnewpost

Gameplay save descutions & progress
saves goes here!

TheDoctorXV
  • TheDoctorXV

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Guys so one has  the mission Beat down on b-dup?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users