General North Korea discussion

309 replies to this topic
SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:03 AM

You are right, I exaggerated a bit with the "They still are the Nº1 Drug producer in the world" statement. But what i was trying to say, is that North Korea produces drugs as a country. It's not like in Mexico or Colombia where they take Cocaine production to the jungles and eventually get caught by the authorities and have to move somewhere else. In NK, the authorities are in charge of the drug production which is probably one of the only (i am taking a guess here) countries that manufacturers drugs with the government totally involved.

At the same time, North Korea is going unfair competition in the drug business. For main reasons:

-They provide high quality drugs with almost a 100% purity

- They can ship it to any criminal organization that buys them the drugs "easier", since they have used diplomats or ships of their own.

- They can produce a lot of stockpiles of drugs, which means it's probably cheaper.

I bet they have tried to make (if they haven't yet), greenhouses with coca plants to produce Cocaine.

But who knows to be honest.

NumaYay
  • NumaYay

Street Cat

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:03 PM Edited by NumaYay, 19 June 2017 - 11:05 PM.

"Former North Korea detainee Otto Warmbier dies"

http://edition.cnn.c...dies/index.html

He returned from NK in a coma and he has died now. Well, hopefully NK's disgusting regime will pay the price for what they've done to him. And please stop saying "Why did he go to NK anyway" - everybody has done stupid things in his life. He thought it would be an adventure. It is unclear whether he really tried to steal a poster or not. Anyway, he was a young man, and probably drunk at that time (new year's eve) when he attempted to steal it.

My condolences go to the Warmbier family and his friends. I am heartbroken and I hope that Kim and his regime will pay for that. This gives us just an idea how bad that regime treats its' own people because Warmbier was a foreigner, and "criminal" foreigners get special treatment in the "DPRK" (which isn't "democratic" at all).

Time is up, Kim.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:25 AM

He returned from NK in a coma and he has died now. Well, hopefully NK's disgusting regime will pay the price for what they've done to him. And please stop saying "Why did he go to NK anyway" - everybody has done stupid things in his life. He thought it would be an adventure. It is unclear whether he really tried to steal a poster or not. Anyway, he was a young man, and probably drunk at that time (new year's eve) when he attempted to steal it.

I mean, it's not like any western regime has ever paid the price for killing innocents. Why hold NK to some high standards if the ones holding the standards aren't sticking to it?

How many innocents were killed by drones and airstrikes? They were just in their homes, taking refuge against a war they didn't ask for, by a country thousands of miles away who calls it "liberation". And they got murdered. They didn't do anything stupid. There were young women, men, children. All gone.

Before holding up NK to some sort of standard, might wanna turn that mirror inwards too.

Time is up, Kim.

So? Are you advocating military intervention because one douchebag tourist died? Yes, that will fix it all. Let's invade and throw bombs and missiles at an innocent civilian population because its leaders are dicks. Yes.

• Android likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:47 AM

Ugh.. Why politicize it immediately? A young man died because he stole a flag in an underdeveloped backwards authoritarian country. It's just really tragic.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

I quite frankly don't feel much sympathy for the man himself, but I do feel bad for his family, having to endure this. That must be horrible, and - speaking as someone who has lost a family member due to a lack of judgement on their part - the emotional anger you also feel towards them is quite frankly exhausting, as it boils down to 'why did you do it?' and there seems to be no satisfying answers.

Doing a prank in North Korea is a pretty unwise move. I am not saying what North Korea did in response was right, but the response should hardly surprise anyone.[1] The US State Department at the time - and still does - discouraged all travel to North Korea, for good reason. And you better do some proper research on the country before taking that leap.

Of the US nationals held in NK prisons, he might have been the least deserving of being returned to the US. The others have agendas that are working for the betterment of the North Korean people or the Korean people in general, and the possible unifications of the two Koreas. Warmbier's claim to fame is to have done something stupid in North Korea.

[1] Has everyone forgotten the flag burning debate in the US? I mean, if as a tourist you came to the US and desecrated their flag, they'd probably be pretty mad at you. Of course, the response won't be what NK would do, but you get my point about being a guest in another country.
  • Tchuck, ClaudeSpeed1911 and Android like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:02 AM

Flag burning in the US is actually legal under the first amendment. You could go to the US, burn a flag, and jack sh*t would happen to you.

Regardless of that Otto Warmbier didn't burn a flag. He stole one as a frat joke to keep as a souvenir. It's completely insane to do something like that in a country like North Korea, but I know people like him who could make a judgement error exactly like that, and to me it's just tragic.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

Do you realise the amount of hoops he would have to go through to get to North Korea in the first place? If none of those hoops did not ring a bell about the seriousness of what he was doing, then he should have been there in the first place.

And you also clearly did not get my flag burning analogy. A lot of people in the US believe that flag burning should be prohibited. But while the First Amendment may protect US citizens, does it protect tourists?

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

He traveled to North Korea from China with a Chinese travel company. It's unlikely he wasn't informed about the strictness of North Korea, and even if he was not, he was clearly intelligent enough to know. It's a really bad error of judgement in order to gain an interesting souvenir, but people make stupid mistakes all the time, especially when they are young and on vacation. It's an incredibly dumb thing to do, but that he had to die for it is tragic.

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:41 AM

Very sad indeed. He was young and made a mistake. I remember this story very clearly. The Obama Administration didn't even try to get him back. They actually told the parents to not make a big deal out of it.

Trump got him back but it was too late. Lucky Trump got that woman back from Egypt earlier this year too.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:52 AM

Actually, I am curious. What did the US State Department offer the North Koreans in exchange? Of the US Nationals NK had imprisoned, he was the least important, but still useful in a negotiation. Tillerson said that it was on the direction of Trump that the negotiation on his release had commenced under his administration. I doubt the North Koreans let him go for free.
  • Tchuck and Android like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

I mean, it's not like any western regime has ever paid the price for killing innocents. Why hold NK to some high standards if the ones holding the standards aren't sticking to it?

How many innocents were killed by drones and airstrikes?
This logic from Tchuk again. Get a free pass at doing insane unhuman s**t only because someone else did it in the past. I hope you condone bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki as well.
Innocents should move from the places of conflicts. If they refuse then they accept playing the lottery with their lives.

I guess if NK launches an actual rocket at Seoul or Japan, USA and UK should do nothing and keep their mouths shut as well, right? Beause it would be hypocritic from their side. 

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

How many innocents were killed by drones and airstrikes?
This logic from Tchuk again. Get a free pass at doing insane unhuman s**t only because someone else did it in the past. 

Who said they get a free pass? I'm merely pointing out the blatant hypocrisy in calling out a regime for the death of one "tourist" while turning a blind eye to the crimes committed by your own country. But I guess it's easier to just make up strawmen, right?

I hope you condone bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki as well.

Again with the strawmen. I don't condone them. I think they were horrible actions. But I understand why the measures were taken. In the end, it was probable the lesser of evils that it happened. But it was still a ridiculously heinous act. Having visited the museum in Hiroshima, seen the atomic bomb dome, it is f*cking disgraceful that we as a species had to descend to such levels. But again, keep on rocking those strawmen. (Mind you, I'm a Brazilian that migrated to Japan. But nice try at shaming me)

Innocents should move from the places of conflicts. If they refuse then they accept playing the lottery with their lives.

??? What is your point here? Refusing? Seriously? I don't think anyone was ever given the choice to "move" from a place of conflict in the first place. Least of all the people taking refuge in frigging hospitals that are bombed by coalitions. But f*ck those dudes! They should have moved on! Right?

I guess if NK launches an actual rocket at Seoul or Japan, USA and UK should do nothing and keep their mouths shut as well, right? Beause it would be hypocritic from their side. 

Again with the strawmen. Can't you build an actual argument?

• El Diablo likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:21 PM

I don't think anyone was ever given the choice to "move" from a place of conflict in the first place.

Escape, flee, refuge. Better be homeless than dead.

I'm merely pointing out the blatant hypocrisy in calling out a regime for the death of one "tourist" while turning a blind eye to the crimes committed by your own country.

Crimes...Yeah, sure, they're are like Hitler, killing people deliberately.....Are you a child or what? Should've understood by now that there's no war without collateral civilian deaths

If NK could, they'd nuke half of the world in the name of Juche and Dear Leader. That would be much much bigger crime than all crimes by USA combined.

But I understand why the measures were taken. In the end, it was probable the lesser of evils that it happened.

So what's the problem with hitting ISIS and voicing opinions N Korea then? USA also prevents bigger evils.

And what's with "tourist"?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

Pretty arguable given the DPRK's history of torturing, murdering ans/or imprisoning the entire extended family of successful defectors, and summarily executing just about anyone who tries. But you'd probably know that if you took the first f*cking second to actually think about what you write rather than blurting out whatever reactionary drivel happens to be bubbling away in your brain at any given time. Seriously, stop commenting on subjects you're do unashamedly ignorant on. I'm embarrassed for you.

Are you a child or what?

Says the poster responsible for the most laughably ridiculous descent into Godwin's Law that I've ever seen. Seriously if that's the best you can do you should go and heard goats or something
  • El Diablo and Tchuck like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:07 AM

I don't think anyone was ever given the choice to "move" from a place of conflict in the first place.

Ah, I see. You speak with much authority on the subject then. It should be easy for them to simply escape, flee, refuge. Which is literally the f*cking thing they're trying to do, and even the places where they end up finding refuge, you know, after their homes have been bombarded, also end up being bombarded.

You don't appear to have any idea how it all works.

Crimes...Yeah, sure, they're are like Hitler, killing people deliberately.....Are you a child or what? Should've understood by now that there's no war without collateral civilian deaths

Really? Hitler? Ridiculous Godwin's law invocation aside, I am fully aware that there's civilian deaths as collateral for war. I don't think I ever claimed it didn't? I mean, come on, stop with the strawmen.

If NK could, they'd nuke half of the world in the name of Juche and Dear Leader. That would be much much bigger crime than all crimes by USA combined.

Right. According to... what, exactly? This is the same story as was with Iran. "If they have nukes, they'll nuke everybody!" was the narrative for years. Except nothing ever came of it. And as soon as Iran began sort of supporting the US interests, or at least not actively going against them, they suddenly stopped trying to nuke everybody. Coincidence?

Oh and did you see the South Korean election outcome? The new president started with seeking open talks and getting friendlier with North Korea. Which is what people in the Koreas want, to avoid all tensions. But how dare he do that and seek dialog with the brutal brainless dictator hellbent on world destruction that is Kim? Perhaps things aren't as they seem.

So what's the problem with hitting ISIS and voicing opinions N Korea then?

When did I ever said there was a problem? Again, you made up this strawmen of my arguments and are attacking things you literally imagine me saying. 

USA also prevents bigger evils.

I'm sure they do.  :sarcasm:

And what's with "tourist"?

Ten other tourists were with him on the tour. The ten other tourists had no problems during the tour. The one young college student had a problem. Wonder why. 

Sure, it doesn't warrant the death penalty and I condemn his death and feel bad for his family who will have to endure his probable stupidity for the end of their lives.

But you go to a country like North Korea, you know to follow the rules.

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:32 PM Edited by ΣΓ, 21 June 2017 - 10:32 PM.

How many innocents were killed by drones and airstrikes? They were just in their homes, taking refuge against a war they didn't ask for, by a country thousands of miles away who calls it "liberation". And they got murdered. They didn't do anything stupid. There were young women, men, children. All gone.

So? Are you advocating military intervention because one douchebag tourist died? Yes, that will fix it all. Let's invade and throw bombs and missiles at an innocent civilian population because its leaders are dicks. Yes.

Being against the North Korean regime and criticizing the US government are not mutually exclusive. Also your point is irrelevant. Regardless of what the US does, N.K. is still a big problem for all of us and I think the US (and its allies) are the most equipped to deal with this. It's not like the regime will fade away on its own. It's basically the only country in the world with a totalitarian regime. That alone renders any comparison with the US completely invalid. Not that I completely defend US foreign policy but the way people generalize about US intervention is quite dishonest. It's not like they always act out of self interest or actually seek to kill innocent people.

Military intervention would be justifiable given the way they treat their own people. It hardly makes a difference that one of our guys died. They killed many more of their own. Bombs wouldn't necessarily be the best approach and it could have terrible consequences (the most likely one would be that they would attack South Korea or Japan). I think that if there was a sure way to eliminate the people in power there quickly and efficiently it would be the best case scenario. Or perhaps capture them and torture them to death. There really is no ethical dilemma regarding torture when you're dealing with criminals like that.
  • MisFit-138 likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:19 AM Edited by Tchuck, 22 June 2017 - 12:20 AM.

Being against the North Korean regime and criticizing the US government are not mutually exclusive.

I never said it wasn't. Again, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in condemning a regime while keeping quiet when it favours you.

Regardless of what the US does, N.K. is still a big problem for all of us and I think the US (and its allies) are the most equipped to deal with this.

Are they, though? And are they, though? N.K. is largely a problem in the region. The nation most equipped to deal with this is more likely South Korea, being as they were divided from each other because of the war and whatnot, and are the ones in most direct danger of an attack from North Korea. The problem is that the US doesn't have South Korea's best interests in mind; it has its own policies and interests. Proof of that is that at the same time the newly elected Korean president was talking about dialogue with the North, the American president was condemning the North and being extremely aggressive against them and saying that any chance of negotiation is out of the window.

It's basically the only country in the world with a totalitarian regime.

That's not completely true, though. You do have ISIS, you do have Turkmenistan, you do have US' pals Saudi Arabia, and a number of other African nations that have a similar form of government. If being a totalitarian regime was reason enough for intervention, then surely the US' sights would be better set against Saudi Arabia, seeing as they arguably are the ones funding most of the large scale terror groups and attacks around the world. But because they play to the tune of the US' beat, they get a free pass.

Military intervention would be justifiable given the way they treat their own people. 

Would it, though? Have all the other options been exhausted? Plenty of times North Korea has wanted to open dialogue with the US to resolve the situation, but the US always makes impossible demands that are only made to guarantee no talks are held. Or whenever a deal is made, either of the parties (or even both) will end up breaking part of the deal and the whole thing is off. Nobody wants a war in Korea except for the military industry that will profit a lot from it. It will have fallout and consequences for everyone in the area. It is specially a bad idea since South Korea itself is interested in a peaceful approach.

In fact, any sort of military intervention would be catastrophic for South Korea. Sure, the US has many times more the resources North Korea has. North Korea also has a standing army numbering in the millions, that can be quickly mobilized against the South. Not to mention that the Seoul is within range of a massive number of artillery guns. Any sort of offense by the US, and Seoul will literally be obliterated from the map long before any missiles are thrown at Pyongyang. Any military action will literally condemn 30 million South Koreans to death in the very beginning of the campaign. 

So there's no justification for military intervention. 

I think that if there was a sure way to eliminate the people in power there quickly and efficiently it would be the best case scenario.

Or again, dialog. North Korea made attempts in the 90s to stop its nuclear program, and the US agreed to support them if they followed through with it. No-one did their part on the deal. With today's economy, a war is completely unlikely since China doesn't want one, NK doesn't want one, SK doesn't want one. In fact, China can be persuaded to mediate proper peace talks if the US truly wished for it. But it doesn't. It has been aching for years to pull the trigger and nuke them commies out of orbit.

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

I never said it wasn't. Again, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in condemning a regime while keeping quiet when it favours you.

Are they, though? And are they, though? N.K. is largely a problem in the region. The nation most equipped to deal with this is more likely South Korea, being as they were divided from each other because of the war and whatnot, and are the ones in most direct danger of an attack from North Korea. The problem is that the US doesn't have South Korea's best interests in mind; it has its own policies and interests. Proof of that is that at the same time the newly elected Korean president was talking about dialogue with the North, the American president was condemning the North and being extremely aggressive against them and saying that any chance of negotiation is out of the window.

That's not completely true, though. You do have ISIS, you do have Turkmenistan, you do have US' pals Saudi Arabia, and a number of other African nations that have a similar form of government. If being a totalitarian regime was reason enough for intervention, then surely the US' sights would be better set against Saudi Arabia, seeing as they arguably are the ones funding most of the large scale terror groups and attacks around the world. But because they play to the tune of the US' beat, they get a free pass.

Would it, though? Have all the other options been exhausted? Plenty of times North Korea has wanted to open dialogue with the US to resolve the situation, but the US always makes impossible demands that are only made to guarantee no talks are held. Or whenever a deal is made, either of the parties (or even both) will end up breaking part of the deal and the whole thing is off. Nobody wants a war in Korea except for the military industry that will profit a lot from it. It will have fallout and consequences for everyone in the area. It is specially a bad idea since South Korea itself is interested in a peaceful approach.

Or again, dialog. North Korea made attempts in the 90s to stop its nuclear program, and the US agreed to support them if they followed through with it. No-one did their part on the deal. With today's economy, a war is completely unlikely since China doesn't want one, NK doesn't want one, SK doesn't want one. In fact, China can be persuaded to mediate proper peace talks if the US truly wished for it. But it doesn't. It has been aching for years to pull the trigger and nuke them commies out of orbit.

A completely irrelevant point because the US is still clearly better than NK and no one here (to my knowledge) is pretending that the US government is perfect.

I don't think South Korea's military even comes close to what NK has. Having allies in that area makes sense. Obviously the US benefits from that economically and probably in other ways too. So what? In the end the rest of the world benefits from that too. North Korea is absolutely impossible to negotiate with. They are the incarnation of evil. If you think they are likely to change their ways you are naive. Even if the leader wanted to "liberalize" he would likely get killed. It is in the best interest of those who maintain the regime to maintain it. A peaceful way out is incredibly unlikely because the moment you free your people (or they free themselves) these evil f*ckers get killed. It's basic history.

Saudi Arabia is at least willing to cooperate somewhat. NK is having none of that. War-torn countries are a different thing. NK is much worse because they will keep going like this indefinitely and they absolutely hate the rest of the world. It's probably the most racist\xenophobic place on earth (though their people likely know that a lot of the propaganda is bullsh*t) and this is a problem because they have one of the biggest military in the world.

This issue is simple really: if the leader and his closest people wanted to end the regime, they would get killed. In fact we should kill them ourselves even if they somehow decide to open up to the rest of the world. They are subhuman scum. They know that we perceive them in this way so that makes it all the more likely that they will not change their ways.

What exactly do you think could be achieved by more talking? No significant changes to their regime can be made that wouldn't put the leader and his inner circle in real danger.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

North Korea is absolutely impossible to negotiate with.

No they aren't.  And no they aren't. And no they aren't. But in the end, either party ends up backing out of the agreement because the other party doesn't hold their own standards. Both are guilty of this.

I mean, Iran and other countries were also deemed impossible to negotiate with. And then negotiation was possible.

They are the incarnation of evil.

I mean, to them, America is the incarnation of evil. To many orphaned children in the Middle East, America is the incarnation of evil. So, "evil" isn't something absolute. It's also a pretty sh*tty argument.

It is in the best interest of those who maintain the regime to maintain it

Like America.

Saudi Arabia is at least willing to cooperate somewhat. 

DING DING DING DING. 

So you will give a free pass to the people who actively fund terrorism that have led to attacks on American soil and around the world because they are "willing to cooperate somewhat"? Gotcha.

NK is much worse because they will keep going like this indefinitely and they absolutely hate the rest of the world.[1]

Citation needed.

It's probably the most racist\xenophobic place on earth[2]

Citation needed.

In fact we should kill them ourselves even if they somehow decide to open up to the rest of the world.

Open up to the rest of the world? What does that even mean?

They know that we perceive them in this way so that makes it all the more likely that they will not change their ways.

Or perhaps we could change our perception and start analyzing things the way they might actually be? All you know from North Korea comes from your own biased media. If Kim, like his father, was the madman that the media portrays him to be, then it would follow that he would have attacked already. But he hasn't. Because perhaps things aren't as they seem.

What exactly do you think could be achieved by more talking? No significant changes to their regime can be made that wouldn't put the leader and his inner circle in real danger.

So since you likely ignored most of my post, let me bring it back again:

In fact, any sort of military intervention would be catastrophic for South Korea. Sure, the US has many times more the resources North Korea has. North Korea also has a standing army numbering in the millions, that can be quickly mobilized against the South. Not to mention that the Seoul is within range of a massive number of artillery guns. Any sort of offense by the US, and Seoul will literally be obliterated from the map long before any missiles are thrown at Pyongyang. Any military action will literally condemn 30 million South Koreans to death in the very beginning of the campaign. 

Get it, now? Any form of military intervention would be extremely catastrophic. That's not a guess; that's a fact. It is far better to keep the current status quo than it is to declare war on them. It's easy for you to say "meh let's just invade and nuke them! sure there will be some collateral, but at least North Koreans will be free! (well, whatever's left of them!)" from the comforts of your home. 

As for what I think could be achieved by more talk? Peace. It's what North Korea wants, it's what South Korea wants, it's what China wants, it's what Russia wants. Did you not read the part where the PRESIDENT OF SOUTH KOREA wants to open more negotiations and strengthen the bond with North Korea to avoid military escalation? Who the f*ck are the US to dictate that only military intervention will fix the issue?

• El Diablo likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:49 PM

North Korea sent a delegation of experts to get "inspired" and "copy" the Spanish tourism resorts and other services to recreate them in the DPRK.

:D And no, i am not kidding:

imagen-sin-titulo.jpg?mtime=1498070291

Link: http://www.elconfide...mitica_1403314/

Looks like the drug money is growing and growing.

• Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:28 AM

Japan has a "Spanish Village Theme Park"

IdBwNVZ.jpg

Don Quijote Dog and Sancho Panza.. Raccoon? Are the mascots.

They've just inaugurated a rollercoaster called Iron Bull, featuring a steampunk themed-bull. 

• El Diablo likes this

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:34 AM

Speaking of something less fun, apparently North Korea is considering a pre-emptive attack on Guam. And the Washington Post is reporting that North Korea has managed to minify a nuclear warhead.

Then President Trump said that if there are more threats to the US from North Korea, the US will respond with 'fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen', using the same language as President Truman before dropping the second bomb on Japan.

North Korea floating that they are considering a pre-emptive strike on Guam should be seen as a threat, even though it is not technically stated as such.

President Trump's harsh rhetoric could backfire, particularly if he is unable to follow through on his promise of 'fire and fury', because it seems likely that North Korea will step up its rhetoric.

Hell, watching CNN right now, you'd think nuclear war was imminent.
  • El Diablo likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:37 AM

Well, what did they expect? Trump has been threatening North Korea ever since he took charge. Talks of preemptively attacking North Korea if they showed aggression/kept doing their missile tests.

It all worked out and everyone applauded because f*ck North Korea.

But now they are a part of the big boy club. Now they can't be pushed back and bullied like before. Now America has to cut its sh*t out and stop beating the war drums. Otherwise, this is what happens.

It's high time for US to let South Korea handle the negotiations. They are the ones in more immediate danger from North Korea, and they are the ones with the clear heads to try and make peace somehow.

• El Diablo likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:48 AM Edited by Sunrise Driver, 09 August 2017 - 07:13 AM.

N Korea started threatening USA first.

For the 476th time since 1950s.

And yet Trump hating retarded leftists say it's Trump's fault and he's gonna start WW3.

Retarded Obama haters blame Obama for being "weak" for 8 years.

Some advanced retards go back to Clinton and blame him for arming (!!!???) DPRK.

Pls remove stupid people from the internet.

Well, what did they expect? Trump has been threatening North Korea ever since he took charge. Talks of preemptively attacking North Korea if they showed aggression/kept doing their missile tests.
It all worked out and everyone applauded because f*ck North Korea.

Yeah sure because DPRK was a peaceful nation and totally never had any anti-USA propaganda and USA nuking plans before Trump..... :sarcasm:  Their nuclear bombs aren't 3-4 months old.

I fully support Trump, USA and (what a shocker) the whole civilized world in this. Because when even Russia and China PR vote against you, you know you f**ked up hard.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

From Trump's perspective, a war could save his whole political career. All of a sudden, he won't be the guy who colluded with Russia, he'll be a "war President" and all his detractors will be unpatriotic crybabies who hate freedom/the troops/Jesus.

He knows exactly what he's doing, and he's precisely the kind of man who would provoke an armed conflict to give himself a little breathing room.

• Tchuck and Triple Vacuum Seal like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Yeah sure because DPRK was a peaceful nation and totally never had any anti-USA propaganda and USA nuking plans before Trump..... :sarcasm:  Their nuclear bombs aren't 3-4 months old.

Ignoring the rest of your inane diatribe, where did I claim the DPRK was peaceful and not anti-USA? I don't think I did.

Also, USA nuking plans? Well, would be nice if you could produce the source of those plans. Otherwise, woops strawman. 

And even if they did, their prerogative. Or do you think only America can have plans to nuke others?

Also, how do you know the age of their nuclear bombs? You must go to the pentagon with this info, good patriot that you are.

I fully support Trump, USA and (what a shocker) the whole civilized world in this. Because when even Russia and China PR vote against you, you know you f**ked up hard.

Newsflash: The whole civilized world is against military intervention in the DPRK. But that's irrelevant because South Korea themselves, the ones that will be most affected by this, are also against military intervention. Trump is literally alone in beating the drums of war, with specialists pointing out that his ever-increasing aggressive tone to be extremely dangerous to the world peace.

Also what the f*ck you on about on Russian and China voting? Like, wat.

Now for some real discussion.

From Trump's perspective, a war could save his whole political career. All of a sudden, he won't be the guy who colluded with Russia, he'll be a "war President" and all his detractors will be unpatriotic crybabies who hate freedom/the troops/Jesus.

He knows exactly what he's doing, and he's precisely the kind of man who would provoke an armed conflict to give himself a little breathing room.

Completely agree with your assessment there. More and more I find Trump to be less of a lunatic moron that he paints himself to be, and more of an excellent politician and entertainer, who knows exactly how to handle the crowd. Nothing like a war to get his popularity up, specially with his electoral base. There will be a lot of blood on his hands. A lot. This isn't some random African/Middle Eastern country not in the first world; this will be South Korean, one of the world's thriving economy with high standards of living, who will suffer tremendously from any conflict that breaks out. Here's hoping China puts a stop to America's plans before too late.

• Typhus likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ô

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

From Trump's perspective, a war could save his whole political career.... He knows exactly what he's doing

but does he really?

the thing I fear most about Trump is that he's an utter blank slate.

like I think he's either suffering through early-onset dementia or he's literally too dumb to comprehend the full scope and station of the presidency. or a little of both. he only does what he does for money and he is so easily manipulated by the people around him who wish to use him as the vehicle for their agenda.

nobody benefits from a North Korean war.

• Tchuck likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:31 AM Edited by The Yokel, 09 August 2017 - 10:04 AM.

You could tell from the way that he threatened North Korea that he didn't have a clue what he was doing. If he had any grasp of how important his words were, the White House wouldn't have had to lie so many times about him being metaphorical.

People need to stop reading into Trump's statements. It's really not complicated. If he was a competent person of at least average intelligence, he'd talk and write like a competent person and he'd make decisions like a competent person. Jesus Christ people, have you forgotten all the insane things that he's said and done just in the last six months that backfired on him spectacularly? How about the fact that his White House is in constant state of crisis?

Trump is an incompetent and an insane imbecile. It's not an insult, it's a statement of fact. He's got people who's only job is to bring him a collection of positive news and tweets about him twice a day so that he could feel good about himself. Does that sound like something that a sane person would do?

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, he's said tons of stupid and insane stuff, things that completely compromise everything the US political system stands for.

And that's what makes him so smart about it. He's completely sane, he knows exactly what he is doing. Every time he has to pass something or distract people from issues at hand, all he has to do is release some dumbass soundbites or stupid twitter quotes, and the internet will go crazy and liberals will feel good about themselves and call out Trump on his retardedness.

And yet he's still in power. Every month it seems more and more likely that he'll stay the full term in office. He doesn't care about firing people, about making himself look like an idiot. He has the keys to the white house, he's the one in charge. All he's doing is making people more comfortable with his apparent ineptness at the office, so he can keep lowering the bar and finding the ways to do whatever it is he wants. For all the crisis, for all the things that backfired on him, he's still in power. Weaker presidents were removed from office for less. 

Proof of that is his statements regarding North Korea, in my opinion. He knows, he's been advised, that the sanest way to go about it would be to take a conciliatory tone. But he's not going to do that, cause he's just pushing things as far as they go. Much like a child learning about the extents of his power. He doesn't give two dicks about sacrificing an entire country in a war if that'll bring him brownie points and/or solidify support with his intended audience. And the liberals will be too busy on twitter bitching at him, or using some fancy new hashtags like #PrayForSeoul or #PrayForBusan or #StayStrongKorea or whatever, and feeling like they did something good. sh*t he's an old man, with likely a terrible diet and health, and he knows he'll only have a handful of years remaining for him.

As a person who lusts for media and the attention, do you think he wouldn't love to go down in history infamously? The president who kicked off WW3, the president who sacrificed a country, the president who made America great again by bringing back industry war jobs. 

I do hope I'm wrong, though. It's high time Asian countries unite into a stronger block to push the US completely out of the spotlight. China, Japan, and the Koreas, united? Shiiiiit.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users