General North Korea discussion

309 replies to this topic
DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

Apparently, this missile went far enough to hit Guam, and it could certainly annihilate Japan and S. Korea. We may see a 65 yr-old stalemate be resolved in less than a day.

I'd love to see what would happen if a country, maybe USA, destroyed one of those missile tests from NK. It would either make Fatty Man back up or kickstart a conflict.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

I'd love to see what would happen if a country, maybe USA, destroyed one of those missile tests from NK.

Well it would be incredibly risky. Or should I say risqué?

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:54 AM

The missile doesn't have to annihilate either country, and it won't. They would need several warheads to land in order to annihilate anything. 

But all of that is useless, because the real danger would come from EMP attacks. Imagine all your power and networking infrastructure suddenly go down. All your eletronics becoming waste. Hospitals, rescue services, finance, everything f*cked up instantly. That's where the real danger lies.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:27 PM Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal, 16 September 2017 - 01:29 PM.

I'm not convinced they've even miniaturized the warheads in a sufficient manner for accurate delivery.  But being a casual observer of these matters, I wouldn't bet on it either way.

On a side note, with China being only a nominal ally of NK, one must wonder what kind of access Beijing really has to the NK propaganda/information apparatus.  Im sure it's severely limited since China also delegitimizes the supreme leader by giving lip service to reunification.  Chinese influence on the North's civilian information is probably far superior to that of the US atm.  Perhaps the US can lean on Beijing to use that?  China has much to lose when the crash of global financial markets ends their multi decade run of growth due to an invasion on the peninsula. 

• Tchuck likes this

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Kamazoid

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

1506363300.jpg

- Hey, open this door or I'll break...
- ...WHAT?
- Uh! I'll break another one.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

I am not sure what your point is; if this to share something funny, then this isn't the place.

If you are trying to suggest some Russians sympathises or support North Korea, then I don't think this comic is supportive of that argument. Or at least, not enough.

Russia's government may not strike the same aggressive tone as the US, but they certainly do not approve of North Korea's actions. Like China, they prefer the status quo. Tensions are bad for business, m'kay? Well, tensions in Korea, anyway.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:27 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 12 October 2017 - 06:27 PM.

While that cartoon isn't very funny or relaxing, it does point at the problems of the US and Trumps' determination to destroy everything possible.

I don't think Kim Jong Un is really that powerful or intimidating.  It was clear the nukes the DPRK were developing are purely defensive, so having him portrayed as the big man isn't really true.  In reality, Trump should have opened the door and run smack into a brick wall, with possibly a little peephole for Un to stare through!

It's an interesting (Russian) cartoon and a fresh perspective on the debate, but offers very little we didn't already know / suspect.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

<cartoon>

I am not sure what your point is; if this to share something funny, then this isn't the place.

Is the correct answer...

@liaz6212: Just to clarify that in Debates and Discussion, the expectation is a little more thought and content, than what may fly in General Chat.

N R G

Posted 4 weeks ago

I feel very sorry for North Korea, they're not our enemies and we're not theirs, they're victims of their own leaders and nothing more. I hope I live to see the day when that country is finally set free.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'd suggest settling in with a couple of beers because it's a long interview, but this fellow has some quality insights on the NK matter.  In fact, some of his forecasts have materialized since this interview was given back in 2015...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users