Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar didn't overhype this game - YOU did.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic
The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Now before you claim me to be sitting on Rockstars cocks, read this post and then decide whether to call me a blatant fanboy.

Many people here were disappointing by GTA V because they were expecting it to be the game of the generation, a masterpiece, a gem in gaming, etc. and it didn't meet their expectations. Who do they blame, not themselves, but Rockstar.

Lets be honest, did Rockstar say in their magazines or articles that GTA V was going to be the game of the generation? No, they didn't. They showed the features and content in GTA V in a positive way. That's what every game company does. They wouldn't of said "Gambling isn't in the game, so don't get your hopes up" The most loyal company ever wouldn't even do that. 

You people, chose to overhype yourselves with all the information you got. YOU chose to watch every single trailer 5 times a day. YOU chose to spend all day looking for new information on GTA V. 

Also, I like how pre-release people we're talking about how less of information Rockstar gave about GTA V - really shows you how much information they actually give out. 2 years and only 6 trailers, one gameplay video and a few articles. No demos or anything like that like most games. 

Rockstar did not confirm a "Game of the century/generation/millenium. YOU chose to believe it was. YOU drained out the enjoyment of the game by overhyping it so much. And that's why most of you were dissapointed. 

/rant 

• Knaxia, Spider-Vice, Failure and 31 others like this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Pretty much. As far as I'm concerned, Most of us fell for their tight mouthed tactic. But, for this generation alone, I think it's safe to say that it trumps GTA IV. Well at least the online bit. GG rockstar. GG

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

You win the award for the most arbitrary post of the month..

Well, there's been a lot of those lately, so I guess arbitrary post of the week.

Congrats.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

OP why don't you just switch off the PC/Mobile and go on a vacation.
We will let you know any thing important comes up. O K !
  • Nikobellic303 likes this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:51 PM Edited by jarredxmorris, 15 December 2013 - 02:51 PM.

Hear hear!

Plus, when GTA VI comes out it'll be the same people saying "the worst GTA ever" and "why remove features like yoga?" and "GTA V was the best GTA ever, this should've been more like that" and "Why waste space on interiors? We should've had a larger map rather than useless interiors"

People overhype things, get stuck in the past, let nostalgia corrupt them and quite simply just like to hate things for the sake of hating things, especially when they haven't had a chance to sink in yet. 

• D1RTYŽ, StarFyer, spongebob83 and 3 others like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Maybe you should accept that this is a public forum and I can post what I please as long as it follows the guidelines. I only go here during the night and morning anyway, so you can go f*ck yourself.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by StingrayX, 15 December 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Coming from a guy who was rather skeptical on whatever info was released pre-release, I was disappointed. And to be honest, some people did not have to overhype themselves to be dissatisfied with parts or all of V. Like me for example, I am really pissed with the driving, and quite frankly I had feared that the driving would be bad ever since they announced they changed it in the November Game Informer.

Maybe the interiors thing was an overhype, but with this being Rockstar's most ambitious game, and with it claiming how lively the city was, you'd expect a few places of interest to do some deeper exploring. Interiors, albeit deemed useless to others, are ways to get immersed into a city in a game, and they are sh*t to explore. Have people forgottem GTA is a sand box game where many do explore? I'd think V would have more interiors than IV, but I was wrong. And what ticked me off the most was the fact that many interiors in V were also blocked in freeroam.

I'm going to put on my flame suit because I know some of you will turn into dumbasses and try to bash my post or say something utterly retarded as f*ck.

Maybe you should accept that this is a public forum and I can post what I please as long as it follows the guidelines. I only go here during the night and morning anyway, so you can go f*ck yourself.

You're one BIG f*cking hypocrite.
  • /Tuomaz and Timely like this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hear hear!

Plus, when GTA VI comes out it'll be the same people saying "the worst GTA ever" and "why remove features like yoga?" and "GTA V was the best GTA ever, this should've been more like that" and "Why waste space on interiors? We should've had a larger map rather than useless interiors"

People overhype things, get stuck in the past, let nostalgia corrupt them and quite simply just like to hate things for the sake of hating things, especially when they haven't had a chance to sink in yet. 

They're sort of like Michael aren't they? I just like to sit and watch the monkeys show whose dick is bigger lol.

Zorenic
  • Zorenic

I'll have a number nine.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

If it weren't for the video gaming journalists to put GTA V on the frontpages and Rockstar didn't have their amazing wide marketing.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Don't get me wrong. But you should be more creative in the topics than annoy others. It's like making worth it and get appreciation for contributing it.
You are realising the matter in your topic NOW?
We all have responded to it as well before.
Forum Guidelines even ask to search topics before starting them. Did you? Or just ignored it as if who cares, just make it and see what happens?

OK let's not turn this in an argument. I'll leave the thread and respect your stay here!!
  • Timely likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by The Odyssey, 15 December 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Coming from a guy who was rather skeptical on whatever info was released pre-release, I was disappointed. And to be honest, some people did not have to overhype themselves to be dissatisfied with parts or all of V. Like me for example, I am really pissed with the driving, and quite frankly I had feared that the driving would be bad ever since they announced they changed it in the November Game Informer.
Maybe the interiors thing was an overhype, but with this being Rockstar's most ambitious game, and with it claiming how lively the city was, you'd expect a few places of interest to do some deeper exploring. Interiors, albeit deemed useless to others, are ways to get immersed into a city in a game, and they are sh*t to explore. Have people forgottem GTA is a sand box game where many do explore? I'd think V would have more interiors than IV, but I was wrong. And what ticked me off the most was the fact that many interiors in V were also blocked in freeroam.
I'm going to put on my flame suit because I know some of you will turn into dumbasses and try to bash my post or say something utterly retarded as f*ck.

Like I said Rockstar doesn't make the game sound dissaponting in the aricles. I found the city to be lively, and I can understand why some people didnt. Rockstar said the city was lively because they expected people to like it. They wouldn't of said some people may be dissapointed by the city, they said it was lively because Rockstar liked it and expected the public to like it. That's why the mentioned it in the articles.

You're one BIG f*cking hypocrite.[/quote]
I fail to see how. Can you ellaborate?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Like I said in another thread:

By only releasing a few trailers and screenshots, then reveling gameplay until a few weeks before release, I'd say that Rockstar did hype it.

It's human nature to be curious, and Rockstar took that to their advantage. I guess you could say yes the fans did hype it up themselves, but then again, a bullet doesn't shoot itself. You need a gun.

So I say yes, Rockstar did overhype it. I think they hyped the Online more than they did the single player though. 

• Timely likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by Official General, 15 December 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Now before you claim me to be sitting on Rockstars cocks, read this post and then decide whether to call me a blatant fanboy.

Many people here were disappointing by GTA V because they were expecting it to be the game of the generation, a masterpiece, a gem in gaming, etc. and it didn't meet their expectations. Who do they blame, not themselves, but Rockstar.

Lets be honest, did Rockstar say in their magazines or articles that GTA V was going to be the game of the generation? No, they didn't. They showed the features and content in GTA V in a positive way. That's what every game company does. They wouldn't of said "Gambling isn't in the game, so don't get your hopes up" The most loyal company ever wouldn't even do that. 

You people, chose to overhype yourselves with all the information you got. YOU chose to watch every single trailer 5 times a day. YOU chose to spend all day looking for new information on GTA V. 

Also, I like how pre-release people we're talking about how less of information Rockstar gave about GTA V - really shows you how much information they actually give out. 2 years and only 6 trailers, one gameplay video and a few articles. No demos or anything like that like most games. 

Rockstar did not confirm a "Game of the century/generation/millenium. YOU chose to believe it was. YOU drained out the enjoyment of the game by overhyping it so much. And that's why most of you were dissapointed. 

/rant 

Nah, disagree. I think Rockstar overhyped the game in way. 

* It's not really about 'blaming' Rockstar or anyone. Rockstar made out like the game was gonna vastly improve and supersede the previous GTA titles. They clearly did this in their advertisements and PR campaigns. Defend them all you want, it's what they did, and naturally they would do so, they want to hype and sell their product to the masses and make lots of money. If GTA V did not live up to many GTA fans's expectations, then that is what the reality of the situation is. A few might have massively overhyped the game themselves, but most people's hype would have been reasonably and directly based on exactly what Rockstar showed us and told us. Blaming one or the other makes no real difference. 

* Rockstar did not say V was gonna be the game of the generation, but I don't remember anyone complaining that they said that  :blink:. But I do know that they certainly presented V as " the biggest and most ambitious GTA title yet ", now if that is not greatly hyping something up in a major way, then I don't know what is. 

* I did not watch every new trailer 5 times a day. I just watched a few times when they first got released, and that was it. The only trailer I watched so many times was Franklin's individual trailer because I love the rap track by Jay Rock playing in the background and the way it complimented the clip. Your sweeping generalizations are way off the mark in my case. 

* I spent many days looking for new GTA V information, yes I did, simply because I'm a big GTA fan. I see nothing wrong in that. And I really don't see how me doing that meant I was overhyping the game  :/

* Rockstar giving out very little information about V in pre-release did not bother me too much, as much as it was frustrating. If anything, it kept me more excited about possible surprises, and made me more anxious to know more about the game. 

* I don't remember anyone on here claiming that Rockstar stated that V was gonna be the game of century or millenium. You must have visited the wrong forum, it sure was not this one. 

• CallTheCoroner, nobum62 and Timely like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Thank you for sharing.

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by Badass Big J, 15 December 2013 - 04:03 PM.

lol agreed with op i dont remember seeing R* hyping the game lol only u retards and fanboys did

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Wrong, R* DID indeed over hype the game.... fact

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

The GTA Online trailer with voice over especially now that I think of it.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

i may have overhyped the game because i was disappointed in it, but i find the gameplay to be awesome while the story is mediocre.

GTA 4 FOR LYFE!!!!!11!

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Post of the year right there. GJ Odyssey

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

10/10 post op spot on bro. I was saying the same thing pre release. The way these kids sat around over hyping the game was their own undoing. I will admit I over hyped it a little for myself as well but only in the sense of GTA online and the single player story. These are things I can look past and still greatly enjoy and appreciate GTA V for what it does. Great game.

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

Con't agree more with the OP.  R* released a small amount of info and people jumped on it and blew it out of all proportion.  Now the same people claim that R* led them up the garden path.  Total and utter bovine manure!  They led themselves up the garden path and now sit and cry that the game isn't what they expected and ignore the fact that there is more to come through DLC.

For me, the story mode was great and I loved playing it.  Online has become a bit of a let-down to say the least but it's clearly a work in progress so it's best to reserve final judgement until all facts are presented.

Let's face it, when VI comes out it'll be binned as a disappointment and the same fickle people will bemoan the fact that it isn't V and so on and so forth until the sweet bless-ed release of death frees us all..

Erm, no they didn't.  They made a presentation just the same for every other game and the viewer made a decision that it was going to be the greatest thing since the last greatest thing.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

lol agreed with op i dont remember seeing R* hyping the game lol only u retards and fanboys did

Typical dumbass V section post. IQ level? 20...

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

Excellent post OP  :^:

While I'll admit I did get pretty over-hyped myself at points during that long period between the first trailer and release, I had the common sense to understand that we were still dealing with 8 year old hardware, and reminded myself not to blow things out of unrealistic proportions.

Those who did however, only have themselves to blame for their disappointment.

That guy has been doing nothing but trolling this place since he joined. I'm at a loss as to how he's not banned yet. Please ignore him.

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by Badass Big J, 15 December 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Excellent post OP  :^:

While I'll admit I did get pretty over-hyped myself at points during that long period between the first trailer and release, I had the common sense to understand that we were still dealing with 8 year old hardware, and reminded myself not to blow things out of unrealistic proportions.

Those who did however, only have themselves to blame for their disappointment.

That guy has been doing nothing but trolling this place since he joined. I'm at a loss as to how he's not banned yet. Please ignore him.

u mad ?

sene
  • sene

Choya

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:57 PM Edited by sene, 15 December 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Hear hear!

I second that

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by Official General, 15 December 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Hear hear!

Yeah sure Nostradamus.

Because your are 100 percent sure of this, and you can confirm that the same people who criticize GTA V will definitely be the same people who criticize GTA VI  :sarcasm:

• nobum62 likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hear hear!

I second that

I third that.

I can see it now.

*GTA VI arrives:

"2 much interiorz...waste of dizc space...we wanted big map"

"driving sukz...2 hard...cockstar sacrificed fun 4 realizm"

"polize is 2 easy...fuk u lazy cockstar"

"not enuf leisure side activitiez....boring game"

"bring bck V"

And the same will happen when VII arrives, and the cycle started by the annoying San Andreas kids continues. Thank god they're just the loud minority.

• ten-a-penny and am30 like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hear hear!

I second that

I third that.

I can see it now.

*GTA VI arrives:

"bring bck V"

And the same will happen when VII arrives, and the cycle started by the annoying San Andreas kids continues. Thank god they're just the loud minority.

Okay boys, tell me this.

* How comes when Vice City came out after GTA III, pretty much everybody was praising it and saying it was much better and a massive improvement over III ?

* How comes when San Andreas came out, pretty much everybody was praising it even more, and saying it was an even more massive improvement over VC ?

* How comes when GTA IV came out, there were mixed reactions, some liked it more than last GTA title being SA, and many did not think it was better than SA or a great improvement over it ?

The point I'm making, is that previous GTA history has shown your predictions to be baseless and unfounded bullsh*t.

If the next GTA ticks all or most of the righ boxes for most of the fans, then I can assure you will not be getting a scenario like you are predicting. You guys are just so obsessed with defending Rockstar that you are blind to the other side of the argument. 

• Mr. New Vegas likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Was I the only one who didn't really expect a huge map. It is a bonus, but all I wanted with V way pre-release was a city more in depth than LC with some winding roads and two freeways that loop around the countryside, multiple towns, a mountain, a decent lake with an upperclass town, and some suburbs, all in a map a little smaller than what we have now, topped off with decent draw distance, nothing as good as what we have now.

I honestly did not hope for a big focus on graphics, draw distance, map size, or over-the-top-mess with lots of extra content. Quite frankly, I expected less with V and ended up disappointed. Why? I feel like it would've been better to make sure each feature was detailed to the best of Rockstar's ability, and I'm just more of a quality over quantity type of guy. I don't want a big map, great graphics, and lots of content if sh*t starts to feel overlooked and a tad bit half assed.
  • Official General likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hear hear!

I second that

I third that.

I can see it now.

*GTA VI arrives:

"bring bck V"

Okay boys, tell me this.

* How comes when Vice City came out after GTA III, pretty much everybody was praising it and saying it was much better and a massive improvement over III ?

* How comes when San Andreas came out, pretty much everybody was praising it even more, and saying it was an even more massive improvement over VC ?

* How comes when GTA IV came out, there were mixed reactions, some liked it more than last GTA title being SA, and many did not think it was better than SA or a great improvement over it ?

The point I'm making, is that previous GTA history has shown your predictions to be baseless and unfounded bullsh*t.

If the next GTA ticks all or most of the righ boxes for most of the fans, then I can assure you will not be getting a scenario like you are predicting. You guys are just so obsessed with defending Rockstar that you are blind to the other side of the argument. 

Er, I'm not sure if you're aware, but you just proved my point.

Official General:

How comes when GTA IV came out, there were mixed reactions, some liked it more than last GTA title being SA, and many did not think it was better than SA or a great improvement over it ?

Exactly, everybody could just shut the f*ck up and enjoy GTA. That all changed after the release of San Andreas. Ever since SA was introduced to the world, it has created an army of spoiled entitled cry-babies who won't be happy unless they get every single goddam thing their own way.

We saw it when IV released, and now we're seeing the same with V. So yes, the same will happen when VI arrives. At least I'll be able to enjoy the game, as judging by how R* just gets better and better, I know it's going to be a blast.

• WorldWideFM likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users