Now before you claim me to be sitting on Rockstars cocks, read this post and then decide whether to call me a blatant fanboy.
Many people here were disappointing by GTA V because they were expecting it to be the game of the generation, a masterpiece, a gem in gaming, etc. and it didn't meet their expectations. Who do they blame, not themselves, but Rockstar.
Lets be honest, did Rockstar say in their magazines or articles that GTA V was going to be the game of the generation? No, they didn't. They showed the features and content in GTA V in a positive way. That's what every game company does. They wouldn't of said "Gambling isn't in the game, so don't get your hopes up" The most loyal company ever wouldn't even do that.
You people, chose to overhype yourselves with all the information you got. YOU chose to watch every single trailer 5 times a day. YOU chose to spend all day looking for new information on GTA V.
Also, I like how pre-release people we're talking about how less of information Rockstar gave about GTA V - really shows you how much information they actually give out. 2 years and only 6 trailers, one gameplay video and a few articles. No demos or anything like that like most games.
Rockstar did not confirm a "Game of the century/generation/millenium. YOU chose to believe it was. YOU drained out the enjoyment of the game by overhyping it so much. And that's why most of you were dissapointed.
Nah, disagree. I think Rockstar overhyped the game in way.
* It's not really about 'blaming' Rockstar or anyone. Rockstar made out like the game was gonna vastly improve and supersede the previous GTA titles. They clearly did this in their advertisements and PR campaigns. Defend them all you want, it's what they did, and naturally they would do so, they want to hype and sell their product to the masses and make lots of money. If GTA V did not live up to many GTA fans's expectations, then that is what the reality of the situation is. A few might have massively overhyped the game themselves, but most people's hype would have been reasonably and directly based on exactly what Rockstar showed us and told us. Blaming one or the other makes no real difference.
* Rockstar did not say V was gonna be the game of the generation, but I don't remember anyone complaining that they said that . But I do know that they certainly presented V as " the biggest and most ambitious GTA title yet ", now if that is not greatly hyping something up in a major way, then I don't know what is.
* I did not watch every new trailer 5 times a day. I just watched a few times when they first got released, and that was it. The only trailer I watched so many times was Franklin's individual trailer because I love the rap track by Jay Rock playing in the background and the way it complimented the clip. Your sweeping generalizations are way off the mark in my case.
* I spent many days looking for new GTA V information, yes I did, simply because I'm a big GTA fan. I see nothing wrong in that. And I really don't see how me doing that meant I was overhyping the game
* Rockstar giving out very little information about V in pre-release did not bother me too much, as much as it was frustrating. If anything, it kept me more excited about possible surprises, and made me more anxious to know more about the game.
* I don't remember anyone on here claiming that Rockstar stated that V was gonna be the game of century or millenium. You must have visited the wrong forum, it sure was not this one.