• ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

:^: :^: :^:

The magic cops

THAT'S why I hate this game! :facedesk: add the mountain-sized """""driving"""""

:turn:

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'll just lump IV, TLAD and TBOGT together.

Things I dislike:

The driving controls when it comes to motorbikes. Motorcycles handle just fine, but with little motorbikes, I find myself swerving all over the place.

The lack of customization, both for cars and for Niko.

The dating and friendships feature. It's nearly impossible for all of youre friends to 'like' you above 60% or so unless you hang out with them all the time, which is something I can't be bothered to do.

The dancing minigame in TBOGT.

Rocco Pelosi and Mori Kibbutz. f*ck those guys, they're the worst GTA characters ever.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Ermac
  • Ermac

rare art

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Hottest Nigga [All Time]
    GTAF Time Trials Hipster of the Year 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

The magic cops

THAT'S why I hate this game! :facedesk: add the mountain-sized """""driving"""""

Every GTA has had magic cops.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

The magic cops

Every GTA has had magic cops.

V and SA doesn't have magical cops :p

Ermac
  • Ermac

rare art

• The Yakuza
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

They most certainly do.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

V got the worst type of cops that could happen in a game like this. Not only they are murdering psychopaths (oh look, he's driving car with broken window, let's kill him!), but they're like terminators scanning for your heart rate and brain waves to perfectly find you behind 3 meters high brick wall. And don't make me start on their driving skill, but they're outrageous as a whole.

SA cops weren't standing out in any particular way for me. Rather mediocre and typical for a previous gen game. 

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, 018361 and 5 others like this

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

I don't like the fact that you never get more than 3 or 4 different vehicles spawning at the same time.

I actually felt that this was even worse in GTA 5 though. Go in the city and all there is are Cavalcades, Baller's and Beejays. Go to the countryside/desert and all there are is Mesas, Grangers and Landstalkers. The amount of SUV's in GTA 5 was beyond ridiculous, I thought the system in GTA 4 worked perfectly fine. :)
  • Zello likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

I don't like how sometimes the entire city looks brown or blue.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

Can't remember right now. GTA IV will always be my baby, though.

• Zello likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

V got the worst type of cops that could happen in a game like this. Not only they are murdering psychopaths (oh look, he's driving car with broken window, let's kill him!), but they're like terminators scanning for your heart rate and brain waves to perfectly find you behind 3 meters high brick wall. And don't make me start on their driving skill, but they're outrageous as a whole.

SA cops weren't standing out in any particular way for me. Rather mediocre and typical for a previous gen game. 

well if you know their tactics, you'll never fail ;)

I agree about their shooting and driving speed. damn all that in a lighting-speed thing!

• D3ADSH0T likes this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

The friendship/dating system: I really like the idea but if they had removed the friends calling you all the time it would've been great. I loved to hear the conversations. Just the first phone call that let's you know that you are now friends would've been enough.

Some driving mechanics: Although I generally love it some of the bumps spinning you off were too ridiculous, not to even mention the road just flipping in places like near Maissonete 9 or Homebrew Cafe. Had some fun with those bits too though so that makes up for it.

Lighting: Sunny days often looked quite brown like in TLAD. I know it fits the setting but more real sunlight would've been nice.

Falling damage: It was very weird sometimes. Like how you fall from a great height hit a box just before the ground and it barely damages you and then when you touch the ground you die. Or when falling from the stairs you lose a little bit of health with every tumble but when you reach the bottom you die from half health.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

Fog and rain.
Some ped drivers and taxi drivers.
Automatic text messages from gf's.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by LowiPL, 25 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

i dislike

• you can not dive
  • no modification of cars
  • gloomy city
  • there is nothing to do with money
  • no countryside
  • weak radio
  • car driving
  • clothes is not enough
  • infernus does not drive the streets
  • no damage model for motorcycles
  • boring missions
  • NO PLANES
  • enough helicopters
  • stupid AI
  • no animals
  • no weapon customization
  • can't buy cars

i like:

• story
  • niko bellic
  • cool characters
  • damage model for cars
  • a lot of rooms
  • city is great
  • fighting

Worst Grand Theft Auto ever - 5/10

• ten-a-penny and Al3x_XXI like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

i dislike

• you can not dive
  • gloomy city
  • no countryside
  • weak radio
  • car driving
  • clothes is not enough
  • boring missions
  • NO PLANES
  • enough helicopters
  • stupid AI
  • no animals
  • can't buy cars

i like:

• story
  • niko bellic
  • cool characters
  • damage model for cars
  • a lot of rooms
  • city is great
  • fighting

you almost have everything I hate about it! :lol:

just remove the "I line" list :sui: since I only like TWO things; NRG-900RR + Annihilator (which is fixable in GTA Online :cool:)

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by lol232, 26 December 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Not much really. Probably just the flying rats (still haven't 100% IV because of em), putting the phone away when getting shot, and police cars spawning ahead of you when you're trying to escape.

They weren't so bad, I took them out quite easily, I don't like doing them, but they weren't so annoying as expected.

What made them fun was doing them in the early beginning of the game, Broker's and Bohan's Flying Rats are still boring, but going over to Algonquin and Alderney and trying to take them down on a permanent 6-start wanted level (evadable once you get back to Broker/Bohan, though) made that intense but fun. Especially when you're trying not to get wasted or busted.

I hated the lack of costumasion for cars, not the characters though, he didn't need any tattoos and having a beard on him would look rediculous. I liked wearing his original clothes anyway.

I also hated Yusuf.

Also, ten-a-penny, will you please shut up and stop spamming this topic w/ "haha :lol: i agree yes this game sucks" and/or something like that, we get your point, you hate this game.

• Ermac likes this

Ermac
  • Ermac

rare art

• The Yakuza
  • None
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

You've just given me incentive to finally 100% IV. I never thought of tackling the pigeons that way even though I love hitting as many stunt jumps in Alderny/Algonquin at the start of the game.

Another thing that irritated me slightly (which is 10X worse in V for some reason) is how slowly you got up after being knocked down. Despite it being nearly the same speed as in the 3D era GTA's (for the most part), the fact that the AI shoots at you whenever possible would result in death if you were fell down.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

i dislike

• you can not dive
  • gloomy city
  • no countryside
  • weak radio
  • car driving
  • clothes is not enough
  • boring missions
  • NO PLANES
  • enough helicopters
  • stupid AI
  • no animals
  • can't buy cars

i like:

• story
  • niko bellic
  • cool characters
  • damage model for cars
  • a lot of rooms
  • city is great
  • fighting

Animals ? Like you're gonna find a great deal of wildlife in New York City

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

You've just given me incentive to finally 100% IV. I never thought of tackling the pigeons that way even though I love hitting as many stunt jumps in Alderny/Algonquin at the start of the game.

Another thing that irritated me slightly (which is 10X worse in V for some reason) is how slowly you got up after being knocked down. Despite it being nearly the same speed as in the 3D era GTA's (for the most part), the fact that the AI shoots at you whenever possible would result in death if you were fell down.

Yep, that's, a tip I can give if you want to take out the pigeons that way is to stay in a car as much as possible and drive-by them. If there are some which need to be taken out using Rocket launchers or snipers, you're gonna have to get out. The ones on the Happiness Island are pretty problematic to do while on a wanted level.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

i dislike

• you can not dive
  • gloomy city
  • no countryside
  • weak radio
  • car driving
  • clothes is not enough
  • boring missions
  • NO PLANES
  • enough helicopters
  • stupid AI
  • no animals
  • can't buy cars

i like:

• story
  • niko bellic
  • cool characters
  • damage model for cars
  • a lot of rooms
  • city is great
  • fighting

Most of the things you hate about IV are there because V has them.

GTA V has animals and GTA IV doesn't? GTA IV worst GTA ever. - that's one screwed up way to hate a game IMO.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

TaazR
  • TaazR

$$$

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

-Lack of vehicles

-Lack of weapons

-Lack of customization

-Money is useless

-No countryside

Sure, GTA V improved on those things, but it completely ruined a whole lot more of things I loved about IV. I can list those 5 bad things about IV, but I could list about 30 - 50+ bad things in V.

mbeers
  • mbeers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

I havent played it long enough but first impressions is V is better. I bought it today cause i never played it was only 20bucks so wont complain.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

-Lack of mission variety

-Too little to spend your money on

-Lack of rewards aside from money

-The driving physics

-The melee system.

-Too dark and gloomy

• ten-a-penny likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:50 AM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 06 January 2014 - 08:47 AM.

- More weapons, particularly melee.

- Refined hand-to-hand combat.

- Refined weapon controls.

- Refined car physics

- Nothin' to do with your cash.

- VISUALS (They were pretty good upon release, so I guess you can't criticize that aspect)

- Disorganized multiplayer.

- No vehicle ownership/customization.

- Driving and flying could feel a bit clunky. Motorcycles were particularly sh*t before TLaD.

- Some more ways to stay active in combat after the campaign. (Like the gang wars in TLaD and drug stick-ups in TBoGT)

- Mission objectives were fun but could sometimes be repetitive. 

- No stealth whatsoever. (That unfortunately remains true in V)

- The cops should have been intelligent and powerful somewhere between what they were in IV and what they are in V.

- Character movement could feel clunky.

I have a myriad of flaws I could list for other games, I consider this limited list to still be very good for an old game that still remains in my top 5 today.

i dislike

• no animals

d59a55688f5ef4d5c4aad95a5c07ab39.png"Hey look, a flying rat!"

• Algonquin Assassin and Th3MaN1 like this

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

They took away a few things that gave GTA it's thing. 

Even down to small things like not seeing wasted when you die. 

That aside for it's time the game was and still is  bloody brilliant. 

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:11 AM

I dislike the map *I love New York ok?*, maybe because it's too gray and there's no countryside, I hate Roman asking for BOWLING!!, I feel the game too empty of things to do in the freeroam, like no Planes, no car tunning, the phone camera is stupid and there's no purpose, I HATE the game performance on PC which is CRAP *My PC is good*, hmmm, the damn horn sound of the vehicles is annoying as f*ck, so sad Rockstar kept it on GTA V... 
Nothing more... I think.

• ten-a-penny and Lowi like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

I know it's personal opinion why you hate/dislike something, but you dislike the city because it's too gray, and you also said 'I love New York', but LC is greatly based on NY. Looks like real NY, and you said I don't like LC, but like NY. LC=NY, LC looks and feels like real NY, your comment doesn't make sense. But everyone has it's own opinion. Liberty City is the best city in the series anyway.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

FarSideOfSaturn
  • FarSideOfSaturn

Have you read the manual for this thing?

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

• NPC's AI while driving. The amount of times I've been shunted from behind while waiting at traffic lights and side swiped driving cross the Algonquin Bridge...
  • Hand to hand combat felt a little clunky to me.
  • Friends constantly wanting to meet up, especially if you agree and the meeting point spawns on the other side of the city. 
  • It didn't bother me at the time but thinking about it now customising cars would've been nice. 
  • I'd say my skill is pretty average when it comes to gaming, but even I felt IV was a bit on the easy side. 

Despite that IV's still my favourite game of the series, I'm a sucker for a good story and IV was way beyond what I expected in that regard. 

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I wonder why people say they hate Roman calling for bowling so much. He barely calls me for bowling, they're just trying to blend in with the joke. 

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

• Friends constantly wanting to meet up, especially if you agree and the meeting point spawns on the other side of the city. 

I actually find this more annoying than the "constant" phone calls. Even if I intend to hang out with them it's annoying being in Alderney and having to pick them up from say Broker. In saying that you get to learn their meet up points in general.

For example when Niko and Roman move into the Bohan safehouse hanging out with Roman usually means picking him up from there, but not always.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

I actually find this more annoying than the "constant" phone calls. Even if I intend to hang out with them it's annoying being in Alderney and having to pick them up from say Broker. In saying that you get to learn their meet up points in general.

For example when Niko and Roman move into the Bohan safehouse hanging out with Roman usually means picking him up from there, but not always.

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE GTA IV, YOU WILL CREATE RIFT IN SPACE-TIME CONTINIUM AND DOOM US ALL!

OP:

• The bad pixelation on consoles.
  • The animations that take forever.
  • Friends calling you every 30 mins.
  • The cover system being useless as it's more likely to get you killed than actually help you.
  • Falling from anything remotely high = insta-death.
  • Going through windshields when crashing (though here it's more annoying than f*cking retarded like V)
  • Free Roam in MP can't help you level up at all. I used to be f*ckin' godly in MP but never got past lvl 7 because I spent all my time in Free Roam.
  • Lack of substantial amount of exciting missions in core IV (solved by TBoGT) 
  • Small map.
  • No countryside.
  • No vehicle customization
  • Car wash = yoga
  • The filter in core IV (solved by TBoGT)
  • No planes
  • No military
  • Niko Bellic
  • How the cheats were handled
  • The lack of good cheats (partially solved by TBoGT, still not as good as SA)
  • Lack of customization, poor pool of clothing options.
  • Algonquin Assassin and ten-a-penny like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users