» «
Photo

I Was Too Nostalgic For Quite Some Time - Not Anymore

96 replies to this topic
Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:47 AM Edited by Emmi, 14 December 2013 - 09:50 PM.

I guess the reason why I didn't like GTAV that much at first was that I simply felt too nostalgic about GTA San Andreas. I couldn't see what GTAV is or has to offer until a certain point a few weeks ago. I'm really starting to ABSOLUTELY love GTAV and I also completely changed my mind. It's Rockstars biggest game yet - YES IT IS TO ME and it's Rockstars best game yet - YES IT IS TO ME. I simply love it, I love it! GAME OF THE YEAR 2013 is an understatement for this masterpiece - this has to be GAME OF THE CENTURY and GAME OF THE GENERATION (PS3, Xbox 360). There's of course some downsides to the game - you can't deny but still it's the perfect game for me. In one week from now (once Christmas holidays start for me) I'll start playing this game more hours a day than before. I'll finish the story, complete 100% and try to get the Platinum trophy. Once I did that I'll focus on taking some professional snapmatic pictures and post them here at the forums. I can't wait. The jorney from October 2011 to September 2013 was an amazing one. 2013 was an amazing year in gaming and the best is yet to come. I'm already looking forward to the story mode DLC Rockstar teased for 2014. Once Rockstar starts giving us more details and assets on that big DLC (and other upcoming GTAV stuff, etc. or other stuff from them) it will all feel like in October 2011 and beyond. I can't wait for this journey - can you?

Thank you Rockstar Games for amazing times since 1998!

PS. Thanks for the appreciation to this thread all!

Found a one of a kind picture from user (http://gtaforums.com...0186-henning92/) speaks for itself I think ...

also it should make the never-tiring "haters" think about it one more time ... can this game really be treated like that?

0_0.jpg

• Fuzzknuckles, saintsrow, Luna Lovegood and 17 others like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

I can't wait for this jorney - can you?

Yeah, I can't wait for this "jorney" either :p

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Fairplay to you :) its the truth (minus them few flaws)  I felt the same, it was all ''theres no this and no that'' but it takes time (and my calibrated 42'' plasma) to appreciate a game of this proportion.  Ive just started a topic on why I think gta online should have been the SP experience. check it out.

P.S. Its nice to see a topic 'FOR' gta 5 and not against :santa: Glad youre enjoying it now too.

Mr. Donkey
  • Mr. Donkey

Dinosaur walker.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

I agree with you, but be careful. Giving praise for this wonderful game and or Rockstar will apparently make you a "fan boy" who can't see that "cockstar" has released a completely broken half finished game. These forums are a harsh place.

• MasterToothDecayer, Jacob-B, henriquedematos and 1 other like this

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

I agree with you, but be careful. Giving praise for this wonderful game and or Rockstar will apparently make you a "fan boy" who can't see that "cockstar" has released a completely broken half finished game. These forums are a harsh place.

usually people with no brain cannot possibly allow someone to have an OPINION on here, even though they moan themselves just as bad. aint it silly dude.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by saintsrow, 14 December 2013 - 11:19 AM.

I'm with the OP on this.  In the original month after playing GTAV, I was unhappy with the story mode, and I expected a lot more rich and varied gameplay activities, based on Rockstar marketing hype and my own expectations going wild for 2 years.  :/

But now, as I explore the GTAV world in depth, my mind continues to be blown every day, by the incredible detail and richness and functionality of the visual gameworld. The roads are cool, everywhere.  The homes in the Vinewood Hills are a tour de force.  The cars are beautiful.  There is so much more. 

This interview with Aaron Garbut, whose team designed the GTAV world with tender loving care, says it all. :^:

EDIT: 

Ive just started a topic on why I think gta online should have been the SP experience. check it out.

I am mostly playing GTA0 as though it were SP, and I agree.  I will be playing it for years, I think.  When all the pre-game speculation was going around about multiple protags, I was hoping that there woudl be a game mode where we could Play as ourselves" without the story baggage.  GTA0 played solo, with occasional forays into the freeroam zoo, it basically just that mode I was hoping for.  :)

Mr. Donkey
  • Mr. Donkey

Dinosaur walker.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

usually people with no brain cannot possibly allow someone to have an OPINION on here, even though they moan themselves just as bad. aint it silly dude.

About as silly as a cat being fed a sea cucumber.

high91
  • high91

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

About as silly as a cat being fed a sea cucumber.

:) as silly as a dogfish being fed pot noodle.

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

I used to have a yoyo like you.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

It's good to see someone from the info drought enjoying the game. Unfortunately, most of us built up unrealistic expectations during that time and were inevitably disappointed. Though, after playing it for a couple months now, it's starting to grow on me. The amount of detail in the map really is mindblowing, graphics are absolutely beautiful, animations look incredibly fluid, and gunplay mechanics feel much nicer.

I still can't get over how the writers handled the story, but I can appreciate the amount of effort that clearly went into making the cutscenes and missions.
  • ActionBronson likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by Osho, 14 December 2013 - 11:52 AM.

I'm really starting to ABSOLUTELY love GTAV and I also completely changed my mind. It's Rockstars biggest game yet - YES IT IS TO ME and it's Rockstars best game yet - YES IT IS TO ME. I simply love it, I love it! GAME OF THE YEAR 2013 is an understatement for this masterpiece - this has to be GAME OF THE CENTURY and GAME OF THE GENERATION (PS3, Xbox 360). 

Thank you Rockstar Games for amazing times since 1998!

Good to see a change of mind heart?. Welcome to our Club ;)

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

Ooh a positive thread for once!

I liek

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:14 PM Edited by Official General, 14 December 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Unfortunately, most of us built up unrealistic expectations during that time and were inevitably disappointed

@ Deadly Target

Well most people on here expected much more interiors than there are in the game now, fun and engaging crime side missions like gang wars, gang activity, and drug-dealing, car theft, armed back-up, other stuff like gambling, and being able to choose and buy our own safehouse properties. Now please do tell me what would have been so unrealistic about expecting to see all of that in GTA V, when GTA IV actually contains some of this stuff which V does not have ?? 

I don't see what was exactly so unrealistic about many of expectations seen on these forums leading up until GTA V's release. Every now and then on here, I see people like you keep saying this sh*t, but it's just baseless, and unfounded. 

• latigreblue and tapz63 like this

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by cldd, 14 December 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Unfortunately, most of us built up unrealistic expectations during that time and were inevitably disappointed

@ Deadly Target

Well most people on here expected much more interiors than there are in the game now, fun and engaging crime side missions like gang wars, gang activity, and drug-dealing, car theft, armed back-up, other stuff like gambling, and being able to choose and buy our own safehouse properties. Now please do tell me what would have been so unrealistic about expecting to see all of that in GTA V, when GTA IV actually contains some of this stuff which V does not have ?? 

I don't see what was exactly so unrealistic about many of expectations seen on these forums leading up until GTA V's release. Every now and then on here, I see people like you keep saying this sh*t, but it's just baseless, and unfounded. 

General, you can be cool but other times you're just a pessimistic little sh*t.

• Deadly Target, KING2dor and jptawok like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by Official General, 14 December 2013 - 01:41 PM.

@ Deadly Target

Pessimistic ? Nah, I'm just stating the truth bro. The guy made a comment that could be directly challenged and I felt that it had to be. 

And please do refrain from insulting me for no reason, it's not like I insulted you. I don't take kindly to being called a little sh*t. 

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'll agree with you. I mean yes I don't feel that V is the best in the series, and I do have a fair few criticisms of the game, yet it is still a work of art. I will still place the game as number 4 in my top 5 GTA games.

I remember the first time I played the game actually. It was 2:00 am, and I was driving down the side of mount chilliad as Michael listening to Rock'N'Me by the Steve Miller Band. May have been only three months ago, but that moment still feel nostalgic to me.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

@ Deadly Target

I don't require to say it but quite simply technically even IV was not up-to-the mark with many features on consoles. In short situation hasn't changed for V with retiring consoles. Only good thing here to note are the efforts by Rockstar to provide much better experience on Consoles than IV did.

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by cldd, 14 December 2013 - 01:57 PM.

@ Deadly Target

Pessimistic ? Nah, I'm just stating the truth bro. The guy made a comment that could be directly challenged and I felt that it had to be. 

And please do refrain from insulting me for no reason, it's not like I insulted you. I don't take kindly to being called a little sh*t. 

But you aren't stating the truth. You just want another San Andreas, a game which was baseless and unfounded. How can a small time hood from LC end up working for the government? 

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

@ Deadly Target

Please don't try talk about lack of features saying IV had this and that while V doesn't.... IV is a joke compared to V in terms of "features"... didn't even reach the 30 hour mark on that game sadly and I already have over 100 hours on V... and I'm a guy who likes to explore everything a game has...

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:06 PM Edited by Official General, 14 December 2013 - 02:10 PM.

@ Deadly Target

But you aren't stating the truth. You just want another San Andreas, a game which was baseless and unfounded. How can a small time hood from LC end up working for the government? 

* I am stating the truth. GTA IV had more interiors than GTA V, that cannot be denied or overlooked, no matter what you say or do. 

* NO, I do not want another San Andreas, and I have never ever stated that I wanted that, so don't be making sh*t up. SA is not even my favorite GTA title, but it comes close, but I have never wanted another SA. I even wanted the protagonist to be Hispanic and the story to be Mexican drug cartel-based before the game out. You're totally WRONG

* You just contradicted yourself BIG time. You wanna ridicule San Andrea's story, by saying " How can a small time hood (CJ) from LC end up working for the government?  ". Well excuse me mister, what the f**k was going on in GTA V ?? Franklin, who was small-time and is from THE HOOD, spent HALF of the f**king story working for COPS and FEDERAL AGENTS. CJ's government missions in hindsight were a small section of the game Seriously, get lost. 

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Hustler

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

Fairplay to you :) its the truth (minus them few flaws)  I felt the same, it was all ''theres no this and no that'' but it takes time (and my calibrated 42'' plasma) to appreciate a game of this proportion.  Ive just started a topic on why I think gta online should have been the SP experience. check it out.

P.S. Its nice to see a topic 'FOR' gta 5 and not against :santa: Glad youre enjoying it now too.

This is been my biggest issue with this game, its almost like they put the best team to setup gta online and a bunch of retarded monkeys to setup story mode..........I mean a huge map, but you have no insurance on your cars, no way of accessing vehicles you purchase apart from travelling to your garage, no property owning, 4 car garage max, very limited tattoo, clothes and hair customisation, car dissappearance from garage, your character never stays in the clothes you set them up with!! and another extremely annoying sh*t was u could have 3 characters but you couldn't use them as a crew just hangout all the time, no blowing up sh*t then running around shooting out etc.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by Official General, 14 December 2013 - 02:13 PM.

I don't require to say it but quite simply technically even IV was not up-to-the mark with many features on consoles. In short situation hasn't changed for V with retiring consoles. Only good thing here to note are the efforts by Rockstar to provide much better experience on Consoles than IV did.

I agree with you bro, and I was one of GTA IV's biggest critics on here before, Eventually I grew to like it a bit better, especially with addition of EFLC. I still agree and believe that IV should have been much better, especially feature wise, I will always still believe that. However IV is the previous GTA title and GTA V is the latest one - therefore V has much less of an excuse for it's shortcomings. V should have capitalized greatly on what IV had and what IV did not have. It is even more of a disgrace only to find that IV has done better in certain areas than V has - that should never have happened. 

I really expected V to crush IV in every way, but it was nowhere near it. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Well it's the complete opposite for me. It pleased me a lot the first few weeks but after a while, I started to realize a few things about the game and the more I thought about it, the more it degraded from my experience. It ended up being a dissapointment in my book.

I played GTA IV on a (nearly) daily basis for over a year in a half before putting it a bit to rest. Played RDR for 7 months straight before lending the game to one of my friend (who took 7 more months to give the f*cking game back to me). GTA V has been out for a bit less than 3 months and I already am wondering if im shelfing it for a little while.

The only reason I still play the game, is for my hunger for cars. I just wake up one day and I am like: '' Ah man, I gotta drive the Cheetah today, when I get the chance, boot the game up and, ridin' the Cheetah, even for 5 minutes only ''.

And I don't want to shelf GTA V. It's GTA. It pains me that I am already ready to put it away.

• Official General and latigreblue like this

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by cldd, 14 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

@ Deadly Target

* I am stating the truth. GTA IV had more interiors than GTA V, that cannot be denied or overlooked, no matter what you say or do. 

* NO, I do not want another San Andreas, and I have never ever stated that I wanted that, so don't be making sh*t up. SA is not even my favorite GTA title, but it comes close, but I have never wanted another SA. I even wanted the protagonist to be Hispanic and the story to be Mexican drug cartel-based before the game out. You're totally WRONG

* You just contradicted yourself BIG time. You wanna ridicule San Andrea's story, by saying " How can a small time hood (CJ) from LC end up working for the government?  ". Well excuse me mister, what the f**k was going on in GTA V ?? Franklin, who was small-time and is from THE HOOD, spent HALF of the f**king story working for COPS and FEDERAL AGENTS. CJ's government missions in hindsight were a small section of the game Seriously, get lost. 

1. Do not judge the interiors, in time, you will be wrong.

2. Everything you stated makes the point towards another SA remake.

3. At least GTAV was believable, Michael was in witness protection and Franklin came into contact with him. CJ went from a police ambush in LS to driving a monster truck for the government?

Besides, the fact that you capitalize every letter in "wrong" shows how defensive you are getting about this. Stop being 12. 

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

OP hasn't finished game, makes claims about it greatness and how it's game of the century.

That's not retarded, not even a little.  :ph34r:

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Good for you OP . Welcome to the masses friend  :^:

I've loved the this game from the moment I slotted it into my console, loaded it up, and hit "start". Sure, the driving physics were a bit iffy to begin with, and the new police AI took a bit of getting used to, but once I put in a good few hours, everything came together, and began to feel perfect.

But it wasn't until my 2nd playthrough that I was able to TRUELY appreciate what R* have done here. One of my biggest gripes with the game at first was the campaigns length. 69 missions seemed quite short in comparison to previous GTA's. But once you do another campaign, mix up how you plan the heists, and you use different protags to approach mission blips, you begin to see where all that "missing" stuff has gone.

This game is truely a masterpiece; best GTA in the series yet, and more than deserving of it's critical and commercial success.

On a side note: I know it's difficult, but try to ignore the entitled brats who hate on this game simply because they didn't get every single goddam thing their own way. They just use this forum to let out all that frustration the same way a child has a tantrum by kicking and screaming and throwing things around.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

If more people were like you and loved the game for what it is and not for what it could have been, then we would all be enjoying it more.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by Official General, 14 December 2013 - 03:48 PM.

@ cldd

1. Do not judge the interiors, in time, you will be wrong.

2. Everything you stated makes the point towards another SA remake.

3. At least GTAV was believable, Michael was in witness protection and Franklin came into contact with him. CJ went from a police ambush in LS to driving a monster truck for the government?

Besides, the fact that you capitalize every letter in "wrong" shows how defensive you are getting about this. Stop being 12. 

* We will see about that. Until then, if that happens, I am right. But the irony here, is that I hope you are right eventually. 

* I don't care what it points to, the bottom line is that I never once said that I wanted another San Andreas. And if I just told you I had wanted a Hispanic protagonist with a Mexican drug cartel story in GTA V, don't you think that sounds a little different to what SA was about ? Don't act so ignorant. 

* I will admit that government stuff/green goo business in SA's story was a trifle silly and unrealistic. But it was a very small section of the game's story compared to the rest of it. Most of the stuff in SA's story revolved around realistic criminal stuff like street gangs, gang wars (Families v Ballas), drug-trafficking (Loco Syndicate), illegal car racing (Woozie), dealings with the Mafia (presence Las Venturas, casino ownership), and corrupt police officers blackmailing and extorting criminals (Tennypenny and Pulaski). So I can overlook that small bit of outlandish silliness in SA, and GTA games normally have one quite stupid and unrealistic part anyway. 

Franklin's cop/government part may have been more believable, but I just really disliked spending half of GTA V working for cops and federal agents. 

* Take it how you want. If you think me capitalizing some words makes me look like I'm acting 12, then that's your problem. 

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by Bonnano, 14 December 2013 - 03:47 PM.

I fully agree on OP, I didn't get the game on launch date, I was pessimistic reading all this stuff online about 'BLAH BLAH BLAH sucks SA forever BLAH BLAH BLAH'. November 29 arrives, and I am as hooked as ever, there's never nothing to do in this amazing game, sure driving physics are rusty, and sure cops are pretty much impossible to avoid asshats, and ofcourse the story is pretty mediocre too, but if you take those aside, the game is as amazing as it can get for an old generation game. And I still haven't gone to Online yet, gonna complete the story.

I can't wait for the story mode DLC 2014, and ofc, PC version for modding needs.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Agree with OP. As i said here, i realized why it's great game, but i needed some time. Look a little better and as Niko Bellic half brother said, you will see why it is the best GTA in the series. But only on this forum there's much hate and disappointments. But it's the amazing game after all.

• Bonnano likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users