Photo

GTA SA now on IOS: Waste of time?

35 replies to this topic
southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

GTA SA has recently been published on the app store for iOS devices after being ported from the console or PC version. As most of you probably know. However Do you find this to be a waste of time and effort on part of rockstar? Could this time and effort have been put on improving GTA V? We could have had heists already. Or be closer to having GTA V on PC or next gen consoles. What do you think?  P.S. I haven't posted since the GTA V released :p

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 13 December 2013 - 10:07 PM.

Your avater  :blink:

Btw, is it on android yet?

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Street Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Mobile Version developed by War Drum Studios

https://itunes.apple...d763692274?mt=8

Case closed I guess?

• xy-maps and TOWILS like this

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Yes. Unfortunately Rockstar's only employee has decided to focus his attention on this pointless, terrible game, which no one will buy.

Sometimes, being a dick is the only way.

DrunkenGerbils
  • DrunkenGerbils

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Playing GTA on a mobile device is awesome, I love to play Vice City on my Kindle Fire HD when I'm stuck somewhere waiting for awhile and need to kill time. I fly a lot and it's especially nice to have when you're stuck in an airport. So I'd say no this is far from a waste of time unless they can port GTA 5 to mobile devices, but some how I think we'll have to settle for GTA SA. Now would I ever play it at home? Probably not since I can just fire up GTA 5 but GTA SA is still a badass game to have on the go. 

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Waste of time? Don't you see all of these people who beat off to the thought of a SA 2.0? I'm sure it'll do very well on IOS. 

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Only the GTA games are hard as sh*t on phones and tablets.

I hope people will have a grand time trying to do the RC plane mission with touchscreen controls.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

The mobile versions aren't developed by Rockstar.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

More proof Rockstar has a deal with iOS as this game was only released for Apple. Still no word on Android of Windows release same f*cking story as the iFruit app.

As an Android user *middle finger*

DANIEL3GS
  • DANIEL3GS

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

More proof Rockstar has a deal with iOS as this game was only released for Apple. Still no word on Android of Windows release same f*cking story as the iFruit app.

Are you retarded? It stands on the site and is pinned. Later this month for WP and Android.

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'm not taking about the actual port exactly but more about how they waste their resources and time on porting a game to an unsuitable platform rather than on improving GTA V and bringing it to PC or ps4.

Mobile Version developed by War Drum Studios

https://itunes.apple...d763692274?mt=8

Case closed I guess?

I dont see War Drum Studios there.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

Yes. Unfortunately Rockstar's only employee has decided to focus his attention on this pointless, terrible game, which no one will buy.

Dammit does that mean no new wallpaper this month?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

I don't even know why they bothered with such a sucky game to begin with.
  • Irrational and The4orTy67 like this

Wug
  • Wug

Wez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

As a moderator, I expected you would be having a better attitude with people's opinion. Guess not.

• KING2dor, latigreblue, Osho and 2 others like this

grosseplotte99
  • grosseplotte99

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

Calm down, sheesh, its sarcasm.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Are you retarded? It stands on the site and is pinned. Later this month for WP and Android.

How much time did it take for them to release the iFruit app on Android devices though?

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:29 AM Edited by Osho, 14 December 2013 - 06:29 AM.

I hardly enjoy phones to play games. It's cool who want to but after trying ( iOS 6) myself it consumes battery immensely. Updating to iOS 7 could see a slight difference. I am skipping it and not worth it, imo.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

How much time did it take for them to release the iFruit app on Android devices though?

During that time it was not even working properly on iOS. You couldn't even log in.

I'm not taking about the actual port exactly but more about how they waste their resources and time on porting a game to an unsuitable platform rather than on improving GTA V and bringing it to PC or ps4.

How can you be certain they aren't porting GTA V to the PC as we're talking?

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:39 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 14 December 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Waste of time? Yes, things like this were bad enough on consoles and PC

hqdefault.jpg

But seriously speaking, hopefully this will keep the San Andreas fanboys which hate on GTA V off these forums for a while.

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

The GTA mobile games are developed by a different team so I don't see how the development of the iOS game affects GTA V

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

Wardrum studios develop the mobile versions I believe, not Rockstar. So no, it wasn't a waste of time.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

A Rockstar studio responsible for mobile ports is working on this one, so no reason to get all mad at R* here. It has nothing to do with their other games they are working on.

As for the GTAV PC and next-gen (PS4, XBO) port - I see it coming - the only backup I have for this is GTA Online.

If it wasn't online, I wouldn't think that R* would care to port GTAV for the PC platform and next-gen consoles.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

As a moderator, I expected you would be having a better attitude with people's opinion. Guess not.

So just because someone is a moderator they have to agree with everyone and not post opinions?

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

No way is it a waste of time bring classic GTA onto mobile devices. It just shows how amazing tech it moving forward and what a magnificent achievement it is bring the entire San Andreas game onto a mobile phone. Years ago my PC struggled to run this game it just shows anything is possible.

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Pointless, Yes. Terrible, Far from.

Wug
  • Wug

Wez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by Wesinator, 14 December 2013 - 01:14 PM.

So just because someone is a moderator they have to agree with everyone and not post opinions?

No, he said "I don't even know why they bothered with such a sucky game to begin with" When instead, he could say, "I will not get the app, because I don't like it" That one right there sounds like he is giving his opinion, but the other sounds like he is insulting many people's opinions. Many people love the game, and is glad it came to mobile.

Also, to SonOfLiberty, if you were a real moderator, why won't you move this to the GTA SA threads, and move it out of GTA V? 

It clearly isn't in the right spot.

• latigreblue likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:21 PM Edited by Official General, 14 December 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Well they bothered because San Andreas is clearly not a sucky game for most GTA fans. This is just a testament to it's legacy as probably technically the greatest and most popular GTA game in the entire series, that 9 years on, it is still being reproduced for fans who wanna play it on their smartphones.

This coming from someone who's favorite GTA game is Vice City and not San Andreas.

I'm not into all that phone gaming stuff anyway, so it don't interest me. Pointless ? I'd say so yes. Sucky ? Personal opinions are subjective, but we all know that overall this game is far from sucky, nowhere even remotely so. 

• latigreblue likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

The Odyssey, on 14 Dec 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Wesinator, on 14 Dec 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

SonOfLiberty, on 14 Dec 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

No, but he could do it in a more respectful manner and not seem like a dick .

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Moved to the San Andreas forums. :) I don't think it is a waste of time, I think it's a waste of resources if they don't do it. ;)

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Good, then don't play it. Nobody asked you too.

• latigreblue and GuilhermeBRRO like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users