» «
Photo

Where to start for GTA III Cleo Scripting

2 replies to this topic
thebishop
  • thebishop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by thebishop, 13 December 2013 - 07:04 PM.

I want to start scripting. I downloaded Cleo and SannyBuilder. I have a history with programming but i don't understand any word about scripting for GTA. I mean there are tutorials but they are all for GTA San Andreas. There is no tutorial for GTA III. And that's why I am confused for two days.

I just want to make scripting for GTA III. Where to start?

What is difference between SA Scripting and III Scripting?

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2013 "Sanny Builder"

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

SA has more features and GTA III has not. So, some of the opcodes (literally operation codes or simply commands) are not working in GTA III. However most of the basic codes will work in GTA III (except arrays and switch construct that are natively supported by SA only).

The simpilest ever CLEO script is that:

{$CLEO}
0000:

while true

wait 250

if and
        0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
        0AB0:   key_pressed 36 // home
    then
        0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money += 10
    end

end // while

This code contains the unlimited loop in which a script checks if you press a Home button. If so, the player will get $10. 0256 opcode checks if the player is available for any actions. Compile (F7) and test in game.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

I usually recommend that someone learns to code San Andreas instead of GTA III, because there is a lot more material to study and it's very similar. If someone can code SA, he will also be able to code III, when keeping in mind that (just as Seemann says) there are fewer opcodes to use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users