WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Self-explanatory. :p

Oh, you want details? Okay.

And no, I didn't find any thread of this from searching in the first page.

What is your favorite in-game weapon? Of all the swords, guns, daggers, fists, magics and the like, what is your all-time favorite? Any weapons gotten from mods are okay too. Just tell what mod it is, because NSA I want to know.

Well. I haven't played that many games which have legendary weapons. But if I had to choose, it would be the Wire Shooter thingy from Just Cause 2. Not only it was fun to pin enemies together or on the wall, it was also fun to crash planes or vehicles with it. If I had it on PC, I'd get the mod to make it unbreakable. Just imagine the epicness with that mod, lol.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by AceKingston, 13 December 2013 - 05:11 PM.

There was a weapon in Half-Life 2 (forgot the name) which could attract objects and be used to hurl it at enemies, I used to like the look of it too.

Also, I love customizing weapons in Far Cry 3. Good combinations and paint job give both a good look and good performance.

As for GTA, I used to use the minigun quite often in Vice City. The weapon was almost unbeatable, even against Helicopters.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

There was a weapon in Half-Life 2 (forgot the name) which could attract objects and be used to hurl it at enemies, I used to like the look of it too.

Also, I love customizing weapons in Far Cry 3. Good combinations and paint job give both a good look and good performance.

It's called the Gravity Gun.. it's not hard to remember :p
Anyways, I don't have a favourite weapon.. but indeed, the "Wire Shooter thingy" (also known as a Grapple Gun :p) from Just Cause 2 was cool.

• WinterEdit likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

Napalm strike, cluster bomb and tactical nuke does count?

From shooters and that kind of games, M16. I f*cking love that rifle.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

The Fat Man in Fallout 3:

fallout3-giant-nuke.jpg

There are many weapons I like. Like the gravity gun and the most iconic weapon ever, the crowbar, from HL2, the holy grenade, concrete donkey etc from Worms, the lightsaber from any Star Wars game, and the list goes on and on...
  • B Dawg and Node like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Halo's gravity hammer and spartan laser are just amazing. Things explode, people go flying, loud boomy noises. 

'splody melee in GTA IV is fun as well, but I'm liking the flaming bullets cheat in V - pop someone's foot and they immediately set on fire. Set cars on fire. Shoot helicopters out of the sky with a pistol. More splosions. 

Also crackdown 2's magnet grenades, to make strings of objects, pathways, a bundle of enemies, drag things with your overpowered vehicles, create a wrecking ball...oh man, I can't wait for a crackdown 3!

Finalement, the holy hand grenade and the banana bomb from worms. More splosions, and frag bananas. Who doesn't like that?

Can't forget the concrete donkey, though. I saw that, what, 3 times when I played worms 2? Thwomping the land down to the water is awesome. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I love the big guns.  I love the Fat Man from Fallout, the Terror 4000 from Blood Dragons, and of course the greatest big gun, the BFG from Doom.

That said, there is one weapon that I've fallen in love with in the past decade or so.  The bow and arrow from various games.  It started with the Elder Scrolls III: Oblivion, where the arrow went where you shot it, unlike Morrowind where there was more of a D&D-like dice roll whether you'd hit what you were aiming at.  Then of course Skyrim even further improved that, and made me feel like a real bad ass stalking the fields for bandits like Robin Hood.  There was of course Assassin's Creed III, where you could take down a group of redcoats with your blade and tomahawk, then in an instant spin and take out a limey on a roof.

But the one version I really love is the one from FarCry 3.  You feel like the ultimate badass when you sneak into the middle of an enemy camp, and in a few seconds take out five of them before they raise the alarm.

Maybe I'm just reading (and watching) too much Green Arrow, but I can't get enough of the bow and arrow.

• Failure and Finn 7 five 11 like this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

I've got a few.

First of all, the chainsaw in any game that offers it. In GTA VC I love how you can thrust the blade down into the chest of a dead or dying pedestrian and watch the drops of blood fly up onto the screen.

The javelin gun from Dead Space 2 is also a lot of fun. When you land the killing blow on a necromorph, it will fly across the room and sometimes get impaled on the wall.

Granade launchers (again, in any game that offers them) are also pretty great.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

I love the good ol bow and arrow too. My weapon of choice in Oblivion and Skyrim. It was also surprisingly awesome in Tomb Raider

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

desert eagle from real weapons otherwise the cyberal bore ( some like that ) from turok 2.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Oh man favorite weapon is so hard, I spend so much time getting modded weapons and armor for different games (M&B, GTA, Fallout, BG, Skyrim, C&C: Generals, Age of Empires, etc.) that it's hard to choose. Yes, even RTS's have cool weapons.

I gotta think about it as WoW and ToR also have some cool weapons.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

Uzis/Micro-SMGs are fun to use in gun games. Hard-hitting (usually slow) melee weapons, like the sledge hammer, are the best when there aren't any Uzis imo.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

Throwing knifes and lasso from Red Dead, the sack from manhunt, ah, jerry can from V and pistols in general.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

But the one version I really love is the one from FarCry 3.  You feel like the ultimate badass when you sneak into the middle of an enemy camp, and in a few seconds take out five of them before they raise the alarm.

I never really enjoyed the bow and arrow in FC 3 to be honest. The bow and arrow was absolute sh*t for hunting.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

Dead_rising_execavator.jpg

429081-dead-rising-xbox-360-screenshot-s

Dead_rising_excavator_%282%29.png

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by Nale Dixon, 14 December 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Your own arm from Planescape: Torment. Medieval has that too, and more people have probably heard of that game.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

All of you guys' favourite weapons are nothing but pea-shooters.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats Max and his DE.

6557.max_payne3.jpg-600x0.jpg
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

Assassins-Creed-Hidden-Blade1.jpg

This has to be the most amazing weapon ever created in the history and the game.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

killstar- blood dragon 

energy sword- halo

blades of chaos- god of war

master sword- zelda

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Meh

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

The Red Dragon from Fable 2, good times with that particular little pistol.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

AS50 TWS from Arma 2 :)

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by ExtremoMania, 14 December 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Aside from the big and small weapons I see in FPS and Sandbox game, there are two weapons that I love from God of War series due to it's unyielding power:

Blades of Athena (the gold version)
MyZmvX4.png

Blade of Olympus
d8uQRSu.jpg

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:05 AM Edited by Fireman, 15 December 2013 - 12:05 AM.

I always loved the story behind the Icewind Dale Greataxe: 'The Executioner's Wife".

The Executioner's Wife

In the filthy port town of Luskan, executions are a daily occurrence and a welcome relief from the monotony of town life. This greataxe was the only possession of the town executioner, who was reported to never let the blade leave his side, giving it the name of the "Executioner's Wife." As the years passed, however, the town executioner eventually found a willing mistress in one of the town's brothels who seemed untroubled by his profession, and he paid her numerous visits over the following months. When the town authorities came to arrest the harlot (who was actually an accomplished thief) for thefts within the city walls, they found the city executioner in her bed and the woman nowhere to be found. The executioner was implicated in her escape, and his own axe was used to behead him in the town square. The execution had a record turnout, and many agreed that the "executioner's wife" had had her final say on his adultery.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

favorite weapon?

this is easy. the Impact Hammer from Unreal Tournament.

it's the Swiss Army Knife of weapons.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

Revolvers in any game or pistols for that matter, but mainly revolvers because you have to make your shots count, when you are reloading you have to be very careful and take cover, these tools are beautiful, sad that they haven't included those in GTA V

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Lightsabers from the Star Wars games. Lightsaber duels are the coolest things ever.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

The Colt Single Action Army from Metal Gear Solid 3, being able to spin that f*cker round your finger was truly delicious.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

your weapons are trash. against my Big [email protected] Gun 9000 :p

ORIGINAL VERSION:

14f292111cc96d837ab171b7903bd7c9.jpg

FOUND MODDED VERSIONS:

hqdefault.jpg

3028-68079-BFG9000doom2jpg-550x.jpg

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

All of you guys' favourite weapons are nothing but pea-shooters.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats Max and his DE.

6557.max_payne3.jpg-600x0.jpg

Damn right. Too bad you only get to use that weapon barely 2-3 times in the whole game.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by B Dawg, 20 December 2013 - 02:42 PM.

M4A1 with Iron Sights

AMCAR-4_upgrade.png

G3A3 with ACOG

hqdefault.jpg

.44 Magnum Taurus Raging Bull

Bronco_44_upgrade.png

And of course, KNIFES!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users