Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Forum Leaders or a huge improvement...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic
Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hi. Over the past couple of weeks, the GTA forums has went down hill. Spammers, trolling and irrelevant topics have all been part of this issue. In the GTA V forum section, so many irrelevant topics are made and a very small percentage of those topics actually get locked. Same with the spammers.. They spam like mad and they don't get dealt with. Does anyone else agree?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

I feel with a forum of this size there are bound to be periods when no moderator is active and spammers get their way. But these things are mostly dealt with. If the staff feel they need to add more members they will. The best you could do right now is to report these spammy topics, you'll be helping the community as well!

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

Shoumic4Mod2013.

• Shou and Black & White like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

I feel with a forum of this size there are bound to be periods when no moderator is active and spammers get their way. But these things are mostly dealt with. If the staff feel they need to add more members they will. The best you could do right now is to report these spammy topics, you'll be helping the community as well!

Surely more action needs to be taken. There has been topics going on for a good couple of days (3-4 days) and nothing has been done about it. Moderators check these forums every day and I still don't see any results. The spammers and trolls basically get ignored and they keep continuing their nonsense. Sure, I'll keep reporting.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hi. Over the past couple of weeks, the GTA forums has went down hill. 

• Ryan, na89340qv0n34b09q340, Original Light and 6 others like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Nale Dixon - Yet you have a picture of an upside negro. Well done, my friend. It isn't impossible to notice that the GTA forums has went down hill since I joined. But of course it is to you. Do you have education needs?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Spam happens on any community and this one is one of the largest forum communities out there, not just for GTA. Staff is only as strong as the time zones they operate in. As Shoumic has stated, there will always be gaps where moderators/staff can't see everything or a matter of being inactive due to life and all it's glory.

Just report the unnecessary topics or posts and we'll handle it from there. 

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Spam happens on any community and this one is one of the largest forum communities out there, not just for GTA. Staff is only as strong as the time zones they operate in. As Shoumic has stated, there will always be gaps where moderators/staff can't see everything or a matter of being inactive due to life and all it's glory.

Just report the unnecessary topics or posts and we'll handle it from there. 

That's acceptable. But for missing topics FULL of spamming which have went on for more than two days isn't acceptable. To be honest, I don't want to be holding any ones hand and doing the work for the Moderators. But sure, I'll pitch in. Who exactly is a good person to report these topics and spam users to? 

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Nale Dixon - Yet you have a picture of an upside negro.

Oh I see what we're dealing with here.

• Casey_Cadaver likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

You click the report feature, that way all staff that operate in said section can take care of the issue.

• Black & White likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Nale Dixon - Yet you have a picture of an upside negro.

Oh I see what we're dealing with here.

Quite.

Please lose the swastika from your avatar and bottle the racial overtones. We've got a real glass house situation brewing here.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

The real question here is why are you using two accounts?

http://gtaforums.com...01177-vagos-mc/

• GunWrath and Casey_Cadaver like this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

It's because there's been an influx of new members (over 500 daily). This usually happens when a new GTA game is released, and then afterwards calms down. Just report the thread/post and someone will get to handling it.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

You click the report feature, that way all staff that operate in said section can take care of the issue.

Oh, right. I've always reported people through messages. Thanks for the help. Actually.. I've just noticed the report button. I must be blind.

Otter - Sure, Otter. I'll remove it. May action also be taking against people using pictures containing sexual parts of the human body.

Ryan - My other account isn't banned or anything. Is it still perfectly within the GTA forums rules? This will be my last and final account.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

Ryan - My other account isn't banned or anything. Is it still perfectly within the GTA forums rules? This will be my last and final account.

Problem is, you can't have multiple accounts.

To be true, if you don't use your old account at all, it's all right. Ban your old account. Then only you can have a new one.

(gets up and starts to run before anyone points out my old account)

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 14 December 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Otter - Sure, Otter. I'll remove it. May action also be taking against people using pictures containing sexual parts of the human body.

As long as they're not nude pictures it's hardly an offence. It's not like people have avatars of hairy muffs and big jubblies is it?

I wonder if you realise that American History X doesn't give thumbs up to white supremacy. It is quite funny to see somebody use a cropped movie still containing a swastika only to actually be a racist. Racism inspired by a film.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by Black & White, 14 December 2013 - 08:10 PM.

As long as they're not nude pictures it's hardly an offence. It's not like people have avatars of hairy muffs and big jubblies is it?

I wonder if you realise that American History X doesn't give thumbs up to white supremacy. It is quite funny to see somebody use a cropped movie still containing a swastika only to actually be a racist. Racism inspired by a film.

Yes. It pretty much is. I ponder upon users whom have pictures of women's asses bouncing or in a camera view of a women's vagina covered up by a piece of paper. Yet other people are forced to take down pictures of men kissing each other. It seems certain rules aren't getting properly enforced, meanwhile others are getting slightly underestimated.

My racial opinion is not for judgement. I am proud to be white. I choose that picture because American History X is greatly valued as a movie. The only reason I am abiding to take down the picture is due to the inspired of violence, murder even.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by Unoriginal Gangster, 14 December 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Being proud of your race and being racist aren't the same. You've made racist comments and you're arguing to keep a swastika in your avatar.

Why are you against non-nude avatars like buttocks?

If an avatar features nudity I'm sure a mod would ask the member to remove it or remove it themselves. There's nothing wrong with a bum or some cleavage. TV adverts show more than what some of these avatars do.
  • Casey_Cadaver likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Being proud of your race and being racist aren't the same. You've made racist comments and you're arguing to keep a swastika in your avatar.

Why are you against non-nude avatars like buttocks?

If an avatar features nudity I'm sure a mod would ask the member to remove it or remove it themselves. There's nothing wrong with a bum or some cleavage. TV adverts show more than what some of these avatars do.

I wasn't intending to be deeply racist. I was actually trying to prove my point to his nonsense. I haven't seen one user with an upside down picture, apart from Nale Dixon. I doubt he is even black. When I watched that film for the first, I watched it over and over again. White supremacy has also been part of my up-bringing. I just found that picture interesting and cool. I'm sorry if you are offended by me naming his picture "Negro". It's a very common phrase from my residence. Also - I am about to change my picture. It's difficult to find a decent one.

As for your question - I am not entirely against it. I just find it funny how users with men kissing each other and stuff like that are forced to take them off but people promoting that sexual scene with buttocks are not dealt with, or even spoken to.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

White supremacy has also been part of my up-bringing. It's a very common phrase from my residence. 

Well this isn't your residence and we're not going to tolerate it around here.

• geobst, biggsull and Casey_Cadaver like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

White supremacy has also been part of my up-bringing. It's a very common phrase from my residence. 

Well this isn't your residence and we're not going to tolerate it around here.

Right you are. I've changed my picture.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Well I think there needs to some sort of reassessment if people are going around deleting threads willy nilly without even having the courtesy to explain why.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Well I think there needs to some sort of reassessment if people are going around deleting threads willy nilly without even having the courtesy to explain why.

Dozens of topics get deleted each day so you need to be a bit more specific.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I think this has served its purpose. And thanks for swapping your avatar. Rest assured, I deal with rogue avatars on a regular basis. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users