Cop bounties; Fair is Fair?

26 replies to this topic
MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Since every time the cops KOS us players it costs of money, why not return the favor and every time one of us kills a cop we receive $500.

Fair is fair right? Or is it this just another way for R* to remove our money from the game?

I mean these freaking cops don't even pull you over and give you a warning or arrest you they just run you down and murder you for anything! They are nothing more than über aim AI designed to kill you on sight and drain your wallet.

Also how come I can kill cops all day long and they just keep coming until I run out of ammo? There should be a limit to the amount that respond, wtf are they calling in the reserves? Lol maybe after you kill enough cops they call th fort and get the military to respond! That would be cool!

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Have you not played computer games before, or are you just looking for an excuse to bitch about the game?

Please be trolling.

• kushnstien and Synophrys like this

Ova-Destroy
  • Ova-Destroy

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

you should get rp for killing them

1 point would make me happy

• MrHollick likes this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

If I got money for every cop I killed, I'd never do anything else but ride the train shooting down helicopters....piss poor idea OP. :/

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, RP would make sense.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 13 December 2013 - 04:19 PM.

You do get rp for killing them. You get more for helicopter's and surviving wanted levels.

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

Shotta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

i wish i could put bounties on NPCs/ cops themselves

Magick
  • Magick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'd much rather get in gunfight with them than be arrested. $200 or all guns and ammo?

Getting sniped with a pistol isn't much fun, but it beats IV. The cops on that were laughable

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

If I got money for every cop I killed, I'd never do anything else but ride the train shooting down helicopters....piss poor idea OP. :/

I'm afraid he's right, OP. One would simply need to unlock the tank and farm the AI to get rich. Way too easy and convenient to become a feature ingame.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm afraid he's right, OP. One would simply need to unlock the tank and farm the AI to get rich. Way too easy and convenient to become a feature ingame.

Yep that would certainly be what happens. Well there could be some sort of balance but I'm stumped what it should be. As is the cops are just ridiculously over powered.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by biggsull, 13 December 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Have you not played computer games before, or are you just looking for an excuse to bitch about the game?

Please be trolling.

Ever post this guy(OP) makes is a subtle troll, Ive been watching him. He wont get banned for it but its obvious if you pay attention.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Please be trolling.

Ever post this guy(OP) makes is a subtle troll, Ive been watching him. He wont get banned for it but its obvious if you pay attention.

If by "subtle troll" you mean "thought provoking, insightful commentary" I with you! Lol I certainly don't mean to do any trolling, but I do like to express my thoughts and questions here. Also my sense of humor can be misunderstood at times I suppose.

When I ask a question here, I am truly interested in what people think.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Drive and hide. Collect Rp. Repeat. That's how I leveled from 5 to 15 was nothing but escaping wanted stars in free mode. It's something.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Please be trolling.

If by "subtle troll" you mean "thought provoking, insightful commentary" I with you! Lol I certainly don't mean to do any trolling, but I do like to express my thoughts and questions here. Also my sense of humor can be misunderstood at times I suppose.

I mean they are silly points of view that could conceivably be real... but dont actually make much sense and cause people to rage. Ex. this thread

henshao
  • henshao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

You guys make me laugh, defending Rockstar for it's Nintendo logic in this day and age. I have to pay utilities on my condo but the police have unlimited men and equipment to send after a jaywalker?

• saintsrow likes this

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

Please be trolling.

I mean they are silly points of view that could conceivably be real... but dont actually make much sense and cause people to rage. Ex. this thread

Lol I have often gotten this exact same relation from my parents, my wife and my kids. I will try to make less silly and more intellectual point of view in the future.

Being an old ass fart maybe I just got too much free time on my hands:)
  • Magick likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Since every time the cops KOS us players it costs of money, why not return the favor and every time one of us kills a cop we receive $500.

That'd be stupid as sh*t.

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Soldier

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

Please be trolling.

Eh? If this thread causes someone to rage they seriously need some anger management classes.

Now your avatar and signature? That's a whole different matter...
  • RQWisenheimer likes this

Donmillss
  • Donmillss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

The cops should get nerfed down a bit tho..

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

GTA V would be pulled off the shelf if they rewarded players for killing police.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 13 December 2013 - 06:25 PM.

GTA V would be pulled off the shelf if they rewarded players for killing police.

It already rewards you for killing cops....it's just in rp and not money.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by GunWrath, 13 December 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Please be trolling.

Yup, he/she is on thin ice.

But let's keep this on topic please. No IRA discussions and all that fruity stuff. Stick to the OP.

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

100% agree. killing the cops should create a 2 minute lull in the next wave.  there is only one coninuous wave of resource hogging cops.  they did such a f*ckng "good" job on the cops that the rest of there online game sufferes, cars your trying to take cover behind  disappearing/despawning to accomodate their f*ckin cops spam. 

not only that but the cops will aggro you often  times just for you being in their vicinity when their spammed to their limit the system starts to fail and put stars on ppl just standing there. 

i was so happy with the content creator that free roam freakng blows for me now because of the cops just make this game blow.  not that there are cops but the sheer amount of them  and their never ending wave.  it seems like thats all rockstar focused on at the expense of everything else

Please be trolling.

this community is borderline retarded is what all the rage stems from their brain growing larger than than their skulls

• saintsrow likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

The cops and enemy spawning/AI in general are terrible - like, laughable terrible. Good thing they rubbed our balls hard with graphics and cars. :)

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

To be honest, if we are having the let's bitch about the cops thread AGAIN. I want to know, why the hell they help each other when injured but, if they mow you down when you have a 0 wanted level, they don't get out there car to assist you. In fact, no NPC even bothers to get out to check to see if your ok anymore whereas in IV, they did!

I know R☆ said they had made NPC's and cops were meant to be more real but, compared to IV, they all seem boring lacking any sort of emotion except anger and fear.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 13 December 2013 - 09:40 PM.

I dont agree with getting $500 for killing cops but I do feel the cop system should be modified.  Here is a thread I made about them.

http://gtaforums.com...fix-respawning/

Besides that I agree that they shouldn't keep coming none stop.  They should come in waves like survival.

• saintsrow likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Why is it is a bad idea?  Probably 2/3 of the gameplay in GTAV / GTA0 is built on the unintended consequences of flawed game logic or poorly parameterized game design.  This mode would just be one more.  And it would be fun :colgate: :colgate:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users