Photo

[SA] Mobile to PC research project

1,086 replies to this topic
SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by SilverRST, 18 December 2013 - 03:18 AM.

@TheJAMESGM,

nice, I'll test it myself too as I have not adjusted my distance too far.

And would you like to share the timecyc you are using? It looks really nice.

And anyone managed to get the timecyc colors from the mobile version?

I'm aware the timecyc of the mobile version is identic to the PC version but I'm just curious about if anyone

has succeeded it.

But holey sh*t, did the alpha bug just got even more worse when using the mobile version??

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

Timecyc is from Flames "Endless Summer" mod, pretty nice.

And the timecyc you're talking about is the colorcycle.. I doubt anyone could convert it, from the looks of it, people would have a better chance making their own type of mod similar to it rather than converting.

format c:
  • format c:

Blaze Bayley sounds like a constipated seal

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

And as far as I know, alpha is fixed on mobile. But no one knows how, apart from Rockstar that is. Maybe we can try to contact them.

But I'm sure that one day it will be fixed. Tomorrow, in 2 months, in 10 years, doesn't matter. It will be fixed.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

2014 must be the final year for GTA SA to have fixed the alpha bug.

After 10 years it must be fixed. It's kinda crazy we still mod and play GTA SA like endless :p

• lpgunit likes this

NachoLZ
  • NachoLZ

Kickass

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by NachoLZ, 18 December 2013 - 04:17 AM.

Hi, sorry for the non-topic question, but what is the "alpha texture bug" you people are talking about? and why is it called "alpha"?

bluexcell
  • bluexcell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

Hi, sorry for the non-topic question, but what is the "alpha texture bug" you people are talking about? and why is it called "alpha"?

The "alpha texture bug" in layman terms is basically an issue with 2D transparent textures causing rendering problems at the edges of the texture, usually trees and other foliage, it's more noticeable at night.

And "Alpha" is the texture channel.

gtaszk
  • gtaszk

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

I like cars reflection of IOS san andreas

Flame
  • Flame

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:06 AM Edited by flame1251, 18 December 2013 - 09:07 AM.

I think, we do not can fix alpha bug, because it is a feature which is peculiar to SA's graphic engine.

By the way, it seems to me that War Drum used their own game engine for iOS-version (in other their games they used own engine), because of this they change the texture format. Also (I could be wrong) they have reduced the size of the game with using aliases for textures - something like shortcuts or links (?) -  to avoid repetitions. Shadows and reflection are also feature of another engine, we cannot port them, of course.

• BlackScout likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:38 AM Edited by lpgunit, 18 December 2013 - 10:01 AM.

The "alpha texture bug" in layman terms is basically an issue with 2D transparent textures causing rendering problems at the edges of the texture, usually trees and other foliage, it's more noticeable at night.

And "Alpha" is the texture channel.

Alpha stands for the transparency channel, which is the fourth channel used besides the red, green and blue ones.

The fringing problem is there mostly because of the engine being unable to properly sort out which parts of the model should be visible or not when they have a transparent texture on it. The bug isn't exclusive to the GTA games (heh, I've seen worse, like in Gangstar West Coast when models that should've been occluded by alpha textures pop out of the scene), and it's more apparent at daytime especially when two transparent textures intersect with each other.

You can fix it with workarounds, as what Dexx tried to do in VC, but a real solution for it would probably be doing additional depth-related operations on the scene, which I don't think that would be easy.

I think, we do not can fix alpha bug, because it is a feature which is peculiar to SA's graphic engine.

By the way, it seems to me that War Drum used their own game engine for iOS-version (in other their games they used own engine), because of this they change the texture format. Also (I could be wrong) they have reduced the size of the game with using aliases for textures - something like shortcuts or links (?) -  to avoid repetitions. Shadows and reflection are also feature of another engine, we cannot port them, of course.

Well the reason for the texture format change is because the game's running on a GPU that accepts a different texture compression format, which, in the iOS version's case, is PVRTC. I don't think that they used a different engine apart from the change of APIs to OpenGL and some platform-specific modifications.

format c:
  • format c:

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

As flame said, when he imported other characters models, the game crashes on cutscenes. Anyone has any clue about this?

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

null

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

the cars wont work either or am i wrong?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Did the weapon icon TXDs.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v6mtmc

59be488ff2ad50bdb379672ac00267df.jpg

Not cool.

snoops26
  • snoops26

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:49 PM Edited by Snoops25, 18 December 2013 - 12:52 PM.

You can't see that anyway in-game... at least I don't think.

EDIT: ok it does show a little bit but all I did was copy the texture in.

format c:
  • format c:

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Well...

2BFLJPl.jpg

But it looks normal in-game

DimZet13
  • DimZet13

Please set me Modders

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yes, something like that, but I haven't found the skateboard icon on mobile.

Something interesting, I noticed the trees and palms are a more green in mobile, so I take a look at the textures. The mobile ones are 512x512.

PC -    f4wK5NU.png         Mobile -   9M4Jsaa.png

I wonder if the higher rez trees will greatly reduce the alfa bug.

But the mobile shadows are darker to me than the PC. I forget which file controls their brightness.

Also, how much better are the high quality mobile cars. I think I have the PC ones as I'm on an iPod Touch 5g.

I have more quality 2048x1024 and full. And other trees.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 18 December 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Well...

[pic of TXD Workshop]

But it looks normal in-game

Use the mixed view button below.

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

Had a hunch they may have updated the poker card textures (since they always looked horrendous)...and indeed they have:

0CWYUjm.pngiAPsH3y.pngZJBAJKi.pngC7ffZAQ.png

I'll try and whip up a replacement with them.

• Lone Rider likes this

_F_
  • _F_

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Vehicle 2014 [GTAV Vehicles converted to San Andreas]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Do main characters like Sweet, Big Smoke, Ryder also have fingers? And can those files be used in PC version without re-rigging?

format c:
  • format c:

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Do main characters like Sweet, Big Smoke, Ryder also have fingers? And can those files be used in PC version without re-rigging?

flame tried to bring them to PC, but the game crashed.

Lone Rider
  • Lone Rider

Researcher And Coordinator

• Members
  • Lebanon

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

flame tried to bring them to PC, but the game crashed.

Rockstar predicted we would do that...  :panic:

NachoLZ
  • NachoLZ

Kickass

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

ah, i thought it only happened to me, as a bug due to enb or 2dfx haha, it sucks, i played mobile and whoah! it wasnt there haha thanks for the clarification :)

Bobby M.
  • Bobby M.

SA-MP Maniac

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Epic! Good job everyone.

Dani5ooo
  • Dani5ooo

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

In "High Quality Radar", radar02.txd isn't replaced with a HQ one.

Is this also on the mobile version, or Snoops25 forgot to replace it?

snoops26
  • snoops26

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Snoops25, 18 December 2013 - 10:06 PM.

My bad. Missed it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ko4mw2

format c:
  • format c:

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

Cool, updated the OP

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by KawakSallas, 19 December 2013 - 12:34 AM.

After installing those new trees, my game takes ages to load. Is it normal?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

Wonder if anyone here's up to the task of reverse-engineering the new DFF format for SA Mobile.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:45 AM Edited by cp1dell, 19 December 2013 - 01:47 AM.

Wow, this is pretty amazing. So all these updates the mobile version got aren't present in the Xbox or PC version of SA? Is there a list of all the updates the mobile version got?

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

After installing those new trees, my game takes ages to load. Is it normal?

Loading as in what? The loading bar when you load a save? That moves depending on your FPS, so it's not the trees.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

Any chance the colorcycle.dat file could be ported to PC? Also how about the detail overlays.

@Silent: Didn't you say something about VCS PC Edition using a updated texture format? Do you think it may be possible to bring the mobile texture format to PC? That or get the game to read the file that tells the game what textures to add the overlays on so it doesn't have to be manually configured.

Also, is it possible to get reflections to look like they way they do on the mobile? ENB ones suck, and SAGFX has a few graphics bugs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users