Photo

This place stinks

49 replies to this topic
jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

Is it me or the last five pages or so of the Off Topic section is filled with bullsh*t threads? Compared to last year terms, or few years ago, when I was a lurker, this place had interesting discussion and debates, nowadays it's filled with so much non-sense that you can't learn anything from it.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

your mom stinks.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH snap.

didn't see that one coming.

• android likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

that you can't learn anything from it.

I don't think forums give any "knowledge". Most of them are just some discussions about personal opinions. If you really wasnt some hardcore debates, then Debates & Discussion forum awaits.

If you want to learn any news in countries or anything interesting in the world, then go to any news website.

What do expect from Internet forums, really?

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, android and Revenge of the Donut like this

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Welcome, come again!

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

This coming from an OP who gives us such high quality, informative threads like "I don't want to grow up" and "Can't be arsed to do anything right now"

• lt_yao, Street Mix, Shah Sam and 4 others like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Irvding hates blacks and arabs

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Man, you lurked a f*cking Grand Theft Auto forum for 'years'. I severely doubt that you're learning anything from anything ever.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

This coming from an OP who gives us such high quality, informative threads like "I don't want to grow up" and "Can't be arsed to do anything right now"

I admit that I haven't contributed much to the point I was explaining in the main post.

Actually it's not about -learning-, you know, through discussions and opinions you may find out interesting things.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Dude what do you expect? It's the internet.

OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN

F*ck Odd Future

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

nigga u stink

• ED-E and Witchking Of Angmar like this

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Is it me or the last five pages or so of the Off Topic section is filled with bullsh*t threads? Compared to last year terms, or few years ago, when I was a lurker, this place had interesting discussion and debates, nowadays it's filled with so much non-sense that you can't learn anything from it.

It's called "Off-topic" for a reason, even it's subtitle is "Discussion for anything".

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

It's called "Off-topic" for a reason, even it's subtitle is "Discussion for anything".

So doing 200 pointless random threads without any content inside is better?

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

If you don't like it, then by all means:

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by ChopTheDog., 13 December 2013 - 04:23 PM.

So doing 200 pointless random threads without any content inside is better?

If you really want some hardcore debates, then Debates & Discussion forum awaits.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

"Nowadays", lol are you a person that keeps telling how good the old days were?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

I don't think forums give any "knowledge". Most of them are just some discussions about personal opinions. If you really wasnt some hardcore debates, then Debates & Discussion forum awaits.

Be warned there is a sivispacem lurking in the corner with a ban stick which hits faster than you can say 'What the hell'. Not to mention an old Animagus Weasel and a Chess Grand Master who always oppose the mighty Sivispacem.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by Dr. John13, 13 December 2013 - 04:43 PM.

Be warned there is a sivispacem lurking in the corner with a ban stick which hits faster than you can say 'What the hell'. Not to mention an old Animagus Weasel and a Chess Grand Master who always oppose the mighty Sivispacem.

Sivispacem is scared. [/sarcasm]

But, seriously. Whining won't solve your issues, OP. Better than worse, try to get out of this section for once. This place has many things to offer.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

I am not whining, I am just wondering what has happened to the quality of the topics that are here, compared to last year terms. People often take my points wrong.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

People often take my points wrong.

With all due respect, that's because you often don't make much sense.

Has there been a drop in quality in General Chat? I've been pretty damn active here for 5 years and I wouldn't say so. It's pretty much as it's always been. Which leads me to one of two conclusions. One, you weren't actually here any time ago and therefore are complaining about something imaginary, or two, those threads you refer to as "bullsh*t" have only one unifying thing about them- your presence in them, and therefore by proxy you are entirely responsible for all the ills of the forum.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

You're on the internet, your points will often be taken wrong or without care.

Talk to Sivis, he'll fill you in.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

People often take my points wrong.

With all due respect, that's because you often don't make much sense.

Has there been a drop in quality in General Chat? I've been pretty damn active here for 5 years and I wouldn't say so. It's pretty much as it's always been. Which leads me to one of two conclusions. One, you weren't actually here any time ago and therefore are complaining about something imaginary, or two, those threads you refer to as "bullsh*t" have only one unifying thing about them- your presence in them, and therefore by proxy you are entirely responsible for all the ills of the forum.

I'd like to think my presence has changed this forum for the better. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

Talk to Sivis, he'll fill you in.

That's a bit harsh surely? 

Oh, wait, you meant the other kind of filling it?

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

irritating snob

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

Is it only me who can agree with what OP said? I don't know how much he has contributed to this degradation but what he said is correct IMO.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Are you f*cking kidding OP?

There's not a day goes by that we don't have a drawn out debate that mostly never goes anywhere in this section. Even the nice friendly and even remotely interesting threads get ruined by the mud slingers. Infact, as recently as today, we have not one, but two threads open discussing gun control.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

There's not a day goes by that we don't have a drawn out debate that mostly never goes anywhere in this section. Even the nice friendly and even remotely interesting threads get ruined by the mud slingers. Infact, as recently as today, we have not one, but two threads open discussing gun control.

Not to mention the Atlantis thread which is one of the most stimulating, informative reads I've had in years.

• Mr. House likes this

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

waaaah.jpg

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Not to mention the Atlantis thread which is one of the most stimulating, informative reads I've had in years.

And the threads about the universe and god(s) started by Wolfhuman.

• Mr. House likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Some people just like to give themselves an unwarranted sense of self importance by decreeing that everything around them is not up to their personal intellectual standard. God forbid people on an internet forum stop having redundant political arguments every once in a while and actually socially interact with each other like they would do in the real world, that's not what the internet was invented for!

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Oh great. Looks like I've developed a new stalker in our friend Nale. 

Some people just like to give themselves an unwarranted sense of self importance by decreeing that everything around them is not up to their personal intellectual standard.

Irony at its finest.

God forbid people on an internet forum stop having redundant political arguments every once in a while and actually socially interact with each other like they would do in the real world, that's not what the internet was invented for!

Every once in a while? Ok then chuckles. It's just a shame to see this place flooded with bickering contests, especially when we have a devoted sub forum where you can take your academic and scholarly food fights.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by theadmiral, 13 December 2013 - 07:53 PM.

Every once in a while? Ok then chuckles. It's just a shame to see this place flooded with bickering contests, especially when we have a devoted sub forum where you can take your academic and scholarly food fights.

Where do those of us go that want to half bullsh*t discussions about the issues, while not taking ourselves too seriously?

You cant even make a thread in the debate section without it getting locked.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Oh great. Looks like I've developed a new stalker in our friend Nale. 

Some people just like to give themselves an unwarranted sense of self importance by decreeing that everything around them is not up to their personal intellectual standard.

Irony at its finest.

God forbid people on an internet forum stop having redundant political arguments every once in a while and actually socially interact with each other like they would do in the real world, that's not what the internet was invented for!

Okay well I was talking about the guy who posted this sh*tty thread, but I guess you have some sort of victim complex. Listen pal, if you want to take everything I say to you or in relation to something you've said as some sort of personal attack then you're going to have a very dull time here. For the record however, you were the guy who decided that I was not up to snuff intellectually to have a discussion with because you disliked the way I conducted myself, not the other way around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users