Your experiences with user generated content

37 replies to this topic
Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

What do you think about the races and deathmatches made so far?
I've played some fun ones like a deathmatch at the dam which was based off Goldeneye and also some horrible ones where everyone started off unarmed and the creator "found" a tank and griefed us all.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

I love it! So far I haven't run into too many situations where the creator intended to screw everyone else over. Mostly just doing races though.

I did do 1 deathmatch that was supposed to be a smash up derby but that didn't quite work out as the individual intended I think.

I have 3 races I created and love them, just too bad it's so difficult to get a decent sized match going in the playlist section. It's the only way to play multiple custom tracks instead of getting stuck on the same one over and over.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

I personally have a completely unbiased opinion that my Race is the greatest Job ever.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by senormidget, 13 December 2013 - 12:57 PM.

I did a deathmatch that was in the middle of a highway bridge with ramps on either side and traffic switched on.

Cue getting crushed by NPC cars flying through the air while getting shot to sh*t by guys with MGs.

He had also put spawn points on the struts above the bridge that are so narrow that if you even twitch you'll fall off and die.

Edit: I did another where a guy had set weapons to "locked + pickups" and had used baseball bat as the locked and placed one pistol pickup in the center of the map, he had also put spawn points on a nearby roof with no weapons and no way to get down.

People are f*cking dumb.

• MrHollick likes this

Joonas08Joonas
  • Joonas08Joonas

PlayStation 3 player, also citizen of Ludendorff

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I haven't joined any races / DMs yet other than one that was an extreme road climb one. It seemed OK other than the fact...

He chose Super as the class.

*facepalm*

Then I made a race, called "The Fast and Furious".

Hoped to get some players, but didn't get any (Even did Auto-Invite and Play)

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

I saw an epic war map recently.

Cargobobs carrying tanks and jeeps and parachuting troops in the grand senorian desert was awesome.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

They are either pretty awesome or they suck. There doesn't seem to be much in the middle.

People either suck or they don't, that seems to be the pattern.

Like a previous poster stated some people are just dumb sh*ts!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

my races are a bit weird and don't work all that wel

but all of the other custom races just seem boring, most of them are a straight line down the highway or something and I've even seen loads of races consisting of just 2 points, which really just defeats the point of the race editor in the first place, might as well do an impromptu race

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

I got one where you only had sticky bombs and there were cargo bobs, passenger jets and tanks, timer set to 1 hour, what a piece of sh*t. 

Is there a way to make the job search feature avoid them altogether?

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

but all of the other custom races just seem boring, most of them are a straight line down the highway or something and I've even seen loads of races consisting of just 2 points, which really just defeats the point of the race editor in the first place, might as well do an impromptu race

You want to try my races then. They're the complete opposite. Very technical and difficult though

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

They are either decent or horrible. Haven't found a great user created game yet.

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

I was invited to a user-created deathmatch but the title & description was all in Spanish so I did not join... but later today I am hoping to play some user-created deathmatches (not a fan of racing...) & probably make a couple more deathmatches in areas I've seen around the map that have potential to be a battlefield.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

How do you join UGC only?

Ova-Destroy
  • Ova-Destroy

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

I got into a funny death match yesterday..

everyone started on a skyscraper. there was one parachute and a two tanks on the ground.

My friend and I just sat on the skyscraper and watch the anarchy below lol

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

The majority of races I've played all have one point in the race wherein the creator does something tricky to f*ck everyone but himself up. 

Like a random train car placed exactly in the proper race line. Creator knows exactly what to do, everyone else crashes, creator goes on to win.

I'm different. I'll hang out behind everybody, check to see where they have problems, if they all crash, I'll wait for them to catch up. I've redone checkpoints in my race 4 times because I could tell where people were confused. I've got it running pretty smooth now (as long as people pay attention). 

HIGHLIGHTS

• Simple circle around the horse track. No starting on the street. It was 10 laps with 16 players in off-road vehicles. Me and another guy were in the fully modded Bifta's so we were ahead of everyone...but started to lap them and it got real interesting. About 6 of the people were out to cause mayhem...which made it all the more fun
  • Played a nice course around the shipping container area by Simeon's. It was a good race, but at one point, I got a little lost. After race (creator just kept going, not waiting for me to get bearings straight) I sent him a message telling him he needed another checkpoint because I got a bit lost. He responded and said he would go back and edit that. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING. 

LOWLIGHTS

• Played a f*cking 17 Mile Course, GTA RACE, Police on, fine, whatever. Then halfway through the full speed race on the highway, the creator put one marker off in the driveway of a business...missed that by a mile, creator knew it was there hit it and kept going. Later on, full speed on highway, creator put like 6 shipping containers in the middle of the highway...hit those, he didn't. Police were chasing the entire race which made it harder. All in all, I drove his f*cking race for 18 f*cking minutes....only to have him finish well ahead of me and I got a DNF....f*ckING ASS. Why wouldn't he have waited until I was in a position to actually finish after that much effort. f*ck him and f*ck his race. 

• Why are the so many drag races? I'm also annoyed with the drag races wherein the creator puts an object in the most random location and of course knows how to drive around it while everyone else hits it. f*cking selfish creators. WHO CARES if you win your own race?!

• Played a race called "RP Glitch!!+++" (or something). It was f*cking idiotic. It was a straight drag with checkpoints spread about 5 feet from each other down to the end, then you had to turn around and go all the way back to the start to get the final checkpoint. But it had 5 laps. It took f*cking 9 minutes. It gave the same amount of cash and RP as my race that isn't a boring back and forth and only takes 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 minutes. 
  • Titania likes this

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Never really had any big trouble yet, besides an unnecessarily big prison deathmatch and another one with tanks and planes and swat cars on both ends that didn't really go anywhere because the tanks blew up and didn't respawn. The most fun I've had is with a fists only deathmatch at Grove Street. 

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by jdwarfer, 13 December 2013 - 06:06 PM.

I don't play deathmatch, but most of the tracks I tested are very bad. 

Checkpoints misplaced or missing, objects everywhere to block you or supposed to help you to find the way, but it doesn't work. Tracks obviously made for motorbikes, with a lot of jumps, and the host  chooses cars.

Well... a lot of creators want to make unusual tracks, with fun things, but they desperately fail. It's not fun at all, a big pain in the ass. Thank R* for not counting a rage quit from those things to put you on bad player mode. I leaved so much of them before the end, it's so annoying.

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

I've only tried a few DMs and they've all been dogsh*t.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

I keep playing in sh*t ones. I wish I could just play regular Rockstar created ones. I usually do Quick jobs through my phone and I waste more time QUITTING in deathmatch lobbies than playing and now with the created content...f*ck me.
I know, I can go to the ones I want but when I get there, no one else shows up or its just one other guy in a 8-16 player match.

If anyone has any suggestions please post them, Ill appreciate it. Thanks.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

I have a few races, but 2 of them are not your "haul ass" variety, they are going up and down twisty moutain roads, crossing streams, and climbing hills, as such they are off road and suv only.

The other one is a circuit through the back mountain roads, paved, makes for some great high speed drifts.

Titania
  • Titania

Are you scared?

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm different. I'll hang out behind everybody, check to see where they have problems, if they all crash, I'll wait for them to catch up. I've redone checkpoints in my race 4 times because I could tell where people were confused. I've got it running pretty smooth now (as long as people pay attention). 

I do the same, and thankfully people instantly click on Replay.  It's a 2 minutes race, that is 50 checkpoints long, kind of like a Rockstar created one, where there are no single hidden objects placed to give me the advantage. Doing the race a few times while being last every time can already give you about 11k. 

I take notes, I'm constantly testing it with other people with the class that hasn't been fully tested yet, while I let them win, and I stay in the back.

And I think that if people make jobs to give them the advantage, they don't really hope on being R* Verified. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 13 December 2013 - 06:48 PM.

I do the same, and thankfully people instantly click on Replay.  It's a 2 minutes race, that is 50 checkpoints long, kind of like a Rockstar created one, where there are no single hidden objects placed to give me the advantage. Doing the race a few times while being last every time can already give you about 11k. 

I take notes, I'm constantly testing it with other people with the class that hasn't been fully tested yet, while I let them win, and I stay in the back.

And I think that if people make jobs to give them the advantage, they don't really hope on being R* Verified. 

I'd really like mine Verified, so I've tweaked it very much. Even had to erase all the likes because I didn't like where the camera for a stunt jump at the end of the race was located. My course has some very tight u-turns on the freeway offramps and people kept going up the wrong one, so I'd again erase my likes to republish with some cement barricades blocking the incorrect routes (on the most horrendous ones, not all). Hell, at the beginning of my race, you always start next to a train on the tracks (I like trains, so, yeah)....but I noticed that if I turned my starting point around and drove the other way for a mile, when you get to the end of the race, the train will cross in front of the finish line depending on how quick you get through it. Not an advantage for me or anything, just perfect timing on the train. That's my only obstacle really (and the stunt jump at the very last checkpoint, just for a bit air). 

ANOTHER FROM A DIFFERENT USER:

It was a race around the swamps under Fort Zancudo...sounded fun. I think the creator just randomly placed checkpoints in the swamp. It was a complete f*cking mess. There were no lines you could take, checkpoint to checkpoint made no sense. It was horrendous 5 minutes of bouncing randomly all over the swamp and deep in the waters...I didn't sink a car, but seems like I could of just trying to get to the next checkpoint. 

People have really good ideas, but seem as if they don't play through them pretending to be other players. They just run them, knowing where they put everything and then if they make it through their 'test', they just publish it and never look back at changing it. 

Dostoe1
  • Dostoe1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

I've only tried a few DMs and they've all been dogsh*t.

I have to agree with this; my experience has been the same.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

I've only done one race that wasn't mine so far.  It was a race through the mountain roads starting at the military base and ending at the airport.  The race opened up with a jump into the base then out, so we had four stars the whole time.  It was mad fun, even though some of the waypoints were placed in odd places and not always facing the correct direction.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

I built 3 so far.

1 called mall rats is tight and technical mostly going through parking lots and malls.

2 stairway to heaven races across the two highest moutaintops. Starts on west coast and ends on the eastern highway 6min if your good.

3 is a remake of the redwood motocross race but with offroad vehicles instead.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

I haven't joined that many because their description is either retarded or indicates the race will be sh*t.

The few I have joined are off here and are excellent like the Nurburgring track.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Kracus, on 13 Dec 2013 - 5:37 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 13 Dec 2013 - 5:01 PM, said:

You want to try my races then. They're the complete opposite. Very technical and difficult though

well that's kind of been the problem with my tracks, I know the track and IMO the checkpoints are pretty clear but most people just don't seem to get the concept of 90 degree turns at high speed even when they're clearly indicated well ahead of time (another problem I encountered was there being too many checkpoints not giving you enough time to react)

I mean these cars have brakes for a reason and I'm giving plenty of time to react to an Arrow that's clearly telling you a sharp corner is coming up.

well that and my obssesion with obscure stunt jumps XD

anyway enough ranting

how would I check out your races?

I'd need your Social club name or something right

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

I created a race that circles the entire map, it's very straightforward but takes about 9 minutes to complete a lap. It's really fun and houses up to 16 players... It's called "World Tour" - anyone interested in testing it out with me? :-)

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 13 December 2013 - 06:58 PM.

I've mostly played my own Content, hosting and inviting people.

In one day or so, i've gotten around 100k from just playing my own content with friends and crew  :)

I tried some other peoples maps today, and some were good, some were not:

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 13 December 2013 - 07:03 PM.

I've only done one race that wasn't mine so far.  It was a race through the mountain roads starting at the military base and ending at the airport.  The race opened up with a jump into the base then out, so we had four stars the whole time.  It was mad fun, even though some of the waypoints were placed in odd places and not always facing the correct direction.

The checkpoints not pointing in the correct direction is always a bitch. It took just a little bit of time to ensure that the checkpoints pointed you toward the correct direction. Some people even space them out so far that you can't see the next checkpoint on your map, so you have no clue if you're supposed to turn, go straight or go off-road over to _____.  

ANOTHER ONE:

Great concept. Pretty straight forward race, full on highway race from west coast to airport. Route got tricky by airport, but not bad. Only issue was that the finish line was on top of the parking garage that you have to launch yourself onto using the ramp with the car on it. Creator knew this, I of course, didn't. We had been trading first place the entire race. I saw him slow and do some strange movements (to line himself up) and past him to go for the ramp...little to say, I was going WAY too fast and launched myself who knows where all while the guy who made and tested the race knew the exact speed and angle to land him on the finish line. 5 minute race, neck-and-neck the entire way....but I finished a minute after him because it took me three tries to get up there (second try I didn't go backwards enough before turning and trying again). Good concept, but really annoying. 

I created a race that circles the entire map, it's very straightforward but takes about 9 minutes to complete a lap. It's really fun and houses up to 16 players... It's called "World Tour" - anyone interested in testing it out with me? :-)

There are at least 1,000 of that exact same race. Is there anything that sets yours apart from the others? And you said 9 minutes to complete a "lap"....is it not just a point-to-point?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users