Banned!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic
Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

I know this is probably i little off topic but i cannot believe this.

Yesterday i switched and tried to log into my account, i get a message saying my account has been temporarily suspended or banned.

i tried in vein to google what this is or what could have happened, eventually i fiddle with my network settings and get this code 8002A231.

there still seems to be too much hearsay on the forums regarding this, some people have been banned for nothing, some have been unbanned, some it lasted 10 minutes and some 30 days.

i cannot find a decent answer to this, i finally after the whole day today searching find a decent working number to call in the UK to which they gave me an e-mail address to contact.

I have received confirmation to my mail but am told they may take a while to respond due to the launch of PS4.

the reason i am posting this here is to see if this has happened to anyone else and if anyone has any decent info on the matter or contact details.

this is the message i received from Sony half a day after i was banned too:

Dear Horndog_SA, we are contacting you regarding your Sony Entertainment Network account and your recent online activity.

On 11-12-2013, we noted that your online activity in XMB Reports was in breach of the PlayStation®Network Terms & Conditions for the following reason: BANREASON.

This email is to inform you that your Sony Entertainment Network account has been permanently suspended due to severe breaches of the service Terms & Conditions.

Yours Sincerely,

The community Team
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe

http://eu.playstation.com 

anyone have any advice?

I have had this account for 4 years now, i have over 3000 trophies and 15 platinum's, played almost 250 games, i really don't want to lose this and am very upset that i could simply be banned without any form of warning or anything. i don't even know what i did wrong.

now ive had to lose my level 117 character and start a new...

my PS4 pre-order is ready for me to collect today here in South Africa but really, whats the use if this is what can so easily happen, im not going to collect until i know what is going on, the least Sony could do is advise why i was banned, not this BANREASON rubbish. i cannot possibly consider spending cash on another PS3 or my PS4 pre-order if this is the way i am treated.

Help!!!

SIDtheWHISTLE
  • SIDtheWHISTLE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

T's & C's.... because of that they don't have to tell you anything. Because according to them you have already read why you have been banned.

Sorry if it is permanent.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:51 AM Edited by dannybohy, 13 December 2013 - 11:52 AM.

First off, Did you glitch or except or had forced upon you glitched money from PS3 ISO hackers? 

• Horndog_SA likes this

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

What would Mandela have done?

• tom_p1980, Anti Warhol, Tuco Salamanca and 3 others like this

GTA19281
  • GTA19281

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

You obviously did something. Sony would not just ban you for the lolz.. You must know what you have done also..

Ylerion
  • Ylerion

Snitch

• Members

Die.

• gtagtagta5 likes this

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Help..? What can anyone here possibly do? Speculate the reason? Which still leaves you at step 1, you need to speak to Sony.

Also it says permanently not temporarily.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

Die.

He would probably have launched a campaign of political sabotage against Sony, ended up in jail for 27 years, then got released and subsequently  elected Sony's first black president. Possibly. Or he wouldnt have cared. Idk.

• Tuco Salamanca, gtagtagta5 and Jedi the SITH like this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well, that sucks, if you haven't done anything you shouldn't do.

Ylerion
  • Ylerion

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Die.

He would probably have launched a campaign of political sabotage against Sony, ended up in jail for 27 years, then got released and subsequently  elected Sony's first black president. Possibly. Or he wouldnt have cared. Idk.

I think the whole reason he died is because he became a victim of this BANREASON too.

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Why aren't there any "CONFIRMED!!!" or "REPORTED!!!" comments on this... Come on guys you're getting rusty here...
  • Horndog_SA likes this

Ylerion
  • Ylerion

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Why aren't there any "CONFIRMED!!!" or "REPORTED!!!" comments on this... Come on guys you're getting rusty here...

Reported.

• paddiwak87 likes this

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

I say fake "BANREASON" is total bullplop.

Also, what are XMB Reports? Xbox user here so don't deal with this sort of stuff

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Reported.

Ahahaha there you go

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

First off, Did you glitch or except or had forced upon you glitched money from PS3 ISO hackers? 

Hey Dannybohy, 

nothing, i havent modded my console, havent used modded controllers, havent file shared or whatever they call it, ive done nothing wrong that i know off at all, i dont cheat, cheating just takes the fun and purpose out of a game i think, butcheating and glitching is in game stuff not XMB PSN stuff so thats not even a worry anyways.

the only thing i can think of is a few days ago there was a crew with 5 guys in session, one guy had a tank and was spawn killing people, i drove past and boom, he killed me, then started spawn killing me, i eventually got away and called for my tank, (the only reason i have a tank is to get back at these tank spawn killers otherwise i dont use my tank) so i started getting him, i must have killed him 20 times to teach him a lesson, but the other crew members were also involved with this spawn killing before i got my tank, so i started killing them all.

then i got rude swearing messages from the one guy, so i replied in the same manner and basically told him "its not nice hey" and yes i swore him back and then blocked him as i dont have time for text wars, so the only thing i can think of is these guys got together and reported me on Sony's site, 5 reports on me would surely issue me a ban i suppose, i read on other forums you get guys like this that will report and get you banned if they lose or dont win or whatever.

Thats the only thing i can think off.

very unfair though if this is the case.

Help..? What can anyone here possibly do? Speculate the reason? Which still leaves you at step 1, you need to speak to Sony.

Well as i stated, im posting here in the hopes that someone has been through this and can advise on details or anything, a long shot i suppose but wouldnt anyone here do the same if this happened to them, 4 years of my gaming life just taken away...

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:06 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 December 2013 - 12:08 PM.

So, what`s that elusive BANREASON?

[EDIT] Bad language is a good enough ban reason. Next time don`t make their day and give them a reason to ban your account. You should know better than to rage like a 14 yo.

Ylerion
  • Ylerion

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hey Dannybohy, 

nothing, i havent modded my console, havent used modded controllers, havent file shared or whatever they call it, ive done nothing wrong that i know off at all, i dont cheat, cheating just takes the fun and purpose out of a game i think, butcheating and glitching is in game stuff not XMB PSN stuff so thats not even a worry anyways.

the only thing i can think of is a few days ago there was a crew with 5 guys in session, one guy had a tank and was spawn killing people, i drove past and boom, he killed me, then started spawn killing me, i eventually got away and called for my tank, (the only reason i have a tank is to get back at these tank spawn killers otherwise i dont use my tank) so i started getting him, i must have killed him 20 times to teach him a lesson, but the other crew members were also involved with this spawn killing before i got my tank, so i started killing them all.

then i got rude swearing messages from the one guy, so i replied in the same manner and basically told him "its not nice hey" and yes i swore him back and then blocked him as i dont have time for text wars, so the only thing i can think of is these guys got together and reported me on Sony's site, 5 reports on me would surely issue me a ban i suppose, i read on other forums you get guys like this that will report and get you banned if they lose or dont win or whatever.

Thats the only thing i can think off.

very unfair though if this is the case.

Well as i stated, im posting here in the hopes that someone has been through this and can advise on details or anything, a long shot i suppose but wouldnt anyone here do the same if this happened to them, 4 years of my gaming life just taken away...

I don't think Sony just hands out permabans for swearing at people, I do think Sony is a company capable of making a stupid mistake like accidentally permabanning someone.

mister2au
  • mister2au

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

How about this little tidbit from last week:

i must have blown at least 50 cars up, i lost count at 20 and that was the first night i played, last night i must have easily blown up even more wtf?

You've spent a lot of time in bad sport and continued to behave like a bad sport. I reckon you've built up a lot of reports, particularly if you swear at and abuse other players.

Hardly a surprise.

ThatG
  • ThatG

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

Try to msg them

Doesnt they have online service or something like that?

You shouldnt get banned if you haven't glitched, also i see it's a console ban? R* doesnt doesnt console ban people

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

How about this little tidbit from last week:

i must have blown at least 50 cars up, i lost count at 20 and that was the first night i played, last night i must have easily blown up even more wtf?

You've spent a lot of time in bad sport and continued to behave like a bad sport. I reckon you've built up a lot of reports, particularly if you swear at and abuse other players.

Hardly a surprise.

uhm, ive been in clean sports for forever, i only spent 2-3 weeks trying to get into bad sports, but never spawn killed people and their PV's so i highly doubt its that, someone getting blown up randomly by me once is not a good enough reason. and not 2 days later i was out and back into normal lobbies, not blowing up cars lol.

as i said, i haven't cheated, file shared, modded or anything, all i did was send one response to a guy who swore me bad and that was that, i then blocked him, him having 4 crew members in session all getting annihilated by me may have something to do with it, that's the only thing i can think off.

i just wish Sony would say "its your language" or whatever, i read on forums many people being banned for their usernames, and the usernames were so not out of line in anyway, so again, it could be my username for all i know, i have no idea and would like to know.

oh, well, clearly hasn't happened to anyone here then.

ill have some decisions to make...

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

first off my playstation account was wiped when PS4 launched and I only use PS Vita so I tried to login and it kept saying wrong password so I click create a new account and it let me make a new account on the same email address it might be a network issue. :(

• Horndog_SA likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

You will need to call Sony directly. None of us can really know why you were banned.

• Phyxsius- likes this

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Try to msg them

Doesnt they have online service or something like that?

You shouldnt get banned if you haven't glitched, also i see it's a console ban? R* doesnt doesnt console ban people

No, its not a console ban, i saw this also online yesterday so i went to my wife's account to see if i could log in and i could, if its a console ban you cant log in whatsoever from any accounts on your system, i think i would have preferred a console ban lol, then i could have simply picked up my PS4 or another PS3 and signed in with my account as normal.

this is my account name ban, i cannot log into it but i can log into other accounts, i even created a new one last night to check and it works, apparently they do console bans if you mod your console in any way or use modded equipment i think. all my PSN downloads are all still there, i can see my trophies but cannot log into my account.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:26 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 13 December 2013 - 12:27 PM.

So you have been in bad sport for blowing up a LOT of PVs (you try to play it down and say it was only this many and I've been clean forever, but those are just words that do not change the previously stated facts).

Also, you responded to a PM with abuse.

So you've had reports about your bad behaviour towards other members, which would surely accrue and not just be 1 bad report, and then you've surely had reports from several guys that you gave abuse to (yes, they did it first but that doesn't change the fact that you did it).

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable reason for a ban to me.

I'm not knocking you and being all like

Nelson_haha.jpg

I'm just pointing out that you've already given enough justification for a ban.  Any further discussion here is speculative, pointless, and in the wrong place.  Sony have any further answers you require.

Maybe in future if someone's being a c*nt you don't join them.  

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

first off my playstation account was wiped when PS4 launched and I only use PS Vita so I tried to login and it kept saying wrong password so I click create a new account and it let me make a new account on the same email address it might be a network issue. :(

im hoping so coz the new account i made to check things out also let me use the same e-mail address as the account that is apparently banned lol, so im hoping its some network issue, i also read on a forum that this did happen to someone who doesn't even play online, he just went to the store alot, so heres to hoping.

well my e-mail has been sent and i will see if i get a response. until then i will have to start GTAO with my wittle pea shooter again ha ha.

So you have been in bad sport for blowing up a LOT of PVs (you try to play it down and say it was only this many and I've been clean forever, but those are just words that do not change the previously stated facts).

So you've had reports about your bad behaviour towards other members, which would surely accrue and not just be 1 bad report, and then you've surely had reports from several guys that you gave abuse to (yes, they did it first but that doesn't change the fact that you did it).

Nelson_haha.jpg

I'm just pointing out that you've already given enough justification for a ban.  Any further discussion here is speculative, pointless, and in the wrong place.  Sony have any further answers you require.

yup, any further abuse from players will simply have me block them with no responses from my side, its just not worth it, if this is the case, i didnt even get a warning which i hear Sony does send out, oh well.

mister2au
  • mister2au

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

uhm, ive been in clean sports for forever, i only spent 2-3 weeks trying to get into bad sports, but never spawn killed people and their PV's so i highly doubt its that, someone getting blown up randomly by me once is not a good enough reason. and not 2 days later i was out and back into normal lobbies, not blowing up cars lol.

My bad ... your online profile shows you in a Dunce hat at the moment and your post history has you in bad sports for quite a while

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

im hoping so coz the new account i made to check things out also let me use the same e-mail address as the account that is apparently banned lol, so im hoping its some network issue, i also read on a forum that this did happen to someone who doesn't even play online, he just went to the store alot, so heres to hoping.

well my e-mail has been sent and i will see if i get a response. until then i will have to start GTAO with my wittle pea shooter again ha ha.

Nelson_haha.jpg

yup, any further abuse from players will simply have me block them with no responses from my side, its just not worth it, if this is the case, i didnt even get a warning which i hear Sony does send out, oh well.

I will advise you not to make a new account like I have because cannot get it back :(
I will check my PS Vita later and see if I got it back.
  • Horndog_SA likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

The 16.1 million you made in car sales has probably got something to do with it.

Ylerion
  • Ylerion

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

The 16.1 million you made in car sales has probably got something to do with it.

#rekt

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Looks like OP got busted, Big lols.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users