Quantcast

» «
Photo

What updates to you hope come for the Content Creator?

21 replies to this topic
CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:35 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 13 December 2013 - 09:40 AM.

As most of us probably know by now, the Content Creator is great iIf this is only a beta, there should be a bright future for it), but what updates to you hope come for it?

Wanting the ability to create missions is implied, I hope to see the ability to create boundaries for deathmatches, meaning that if you go out of that boundary, you get a 10 second countdown to return, this would allow more memory for a deathmatch, meaning more items can be placed as the entire map does not have to be fully loaded whilst playing the deathmatch. It is currently impossible to place items within the Airport or Military Base (I haven't tried the Prison yet, but I imagine the same thing goes for it), I want to see this changed, so I can create deathmatches inside the Prison and Military Base. I also want to see the ability to place checkpoints for air races on the ground so I can create touch-and-go (land and takeoff after without stopping) races. Lastly, I want to see ALL vehicles in the content creator, the ones missing include the Jet (Boeing 747-400), Cargo Plane (although, these two would probably be too big), Air Ambulance, Skylift and others). Of and of course, fix this:

1452489_580192345390844_2020707488_n.png

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:37 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 13 December 2013 - 09:38 AM.

I want to be able to make my own custom LTS games.

We can't right now because they decided that a mode that's basically Team Deathmatch with one life should be classified as "Missions".

• thekillerdonuts likes this

Bassboom
  • Bassboom

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

It would be good if you could add minor structures such as like a boom gate control house, tower etc, in the future
i know it wouldnt make much sense considering that putting a random building in a place that preivously didnt exist ingame, but i'd love to make a war torn desert kind of deathmatch with birdsnest for snipers and sh*t, I'm pretty happy with the creator atm its good fun to f*ck around seeing your imagination come to life, also they should increase prop and vehicle limits

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

I'd like a toggle to set the default vehicle as the only vehicle. If I create a race for Surfers I'd like to be able to prevent people choosing the other vans and leaving the Surfers in the dust...its a little thing I know...I'm sure there are other themed races people would like to make - all Adder straight line sprint for example ;)

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

I'd like a toggle to set the default vehicle as the only vehicle. If I create a race for Surfers I'd like to be able to prevent people choosing the other vans and leaving the Surfers in the dust...its a little thing I know...I'm sure there are other themed races people would like to make - all Adder straight line sprint for example ;)

I should have mentioned that myselft, it would be nice, that way we could make more unique races, such as Bus races, or Dock Handler races.

Paul NZ
  • Paul NZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Need to be more lenient when allowing to place objects. For example, I can almost never find a flat enough surface to place a 16 car start point.

Also there needs to be more scenery options, such as building bridges or placing objects in the sky so we can build tracks in the sky. 

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Survival creator

• Cutter De Blanc, robban and Bassboom like this

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

Something similar to DYOM for GTA V. That would make for epic storytelling. 

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

You can.
In race details there is an option called, Allowed Vehicles or something. Press triangle and you can choose specific vehicles.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

You can.
In race details there is an option called, Allowed Vehicles or something. Press triangle and you can choose specific vehicles.

I think he meant using only 1 vehicle in a category, So no one can pick say off road and have 5 different vehicles to choose from 

• gpcguy1 likes this

Stuntman--420
  • Stuntman--420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by Stuntman--420, 13 December 2013 - 04:06 PM.

My list of what i think needs to be updated for the Content Creator is growing, but most of these ideas are essential.

Camera functionality
---------------------

-Need ability to rotate the camera vertically in all windows
-Need to be able to toggle no clipping, so we can place objects, and spawns indoors.
-a toggle for faster camera movement
Checkpoints 
--------------------
-Need more then 68 maximum checkpoints
-Need to be able to rotate checkpoints on the X or Y axis to allow more control (Flying races)
-Need to be able to place them on more rugged terrain. (Normal races)
-checkpoints that have ability to switch to a certain vehicle (land/air/sea races)

Deathmatch
--------------------
-Ability to toggle radar off or on
-Team deathmatch needs ability to add more respawn's in the "team" spawn.
-Team deathmatch needs to ignore having to add the death respawns using the normal death respawn's.
This would also allow more freedom, and less clutter. 

Gameplay settings
-------------------
-Need to be able to use restricted areas
-Ability to make invisible walls for setting up a boundry
-Use a custom vehicle for testing

Physical Object memory
----------------------
-We need more then 50 props allowed, but in a way that is judged based on distance from where it was placed.
(Based on distance it could be roughly 15-20 objects allowed every 50 feet. I know there is already a heavy 
load being done just generating the world, but if it's done by distance it can be achieved better then the 
heavy load of 50 objects in really small spaces currently.) 

Placement of objects
-----------------------
-Grid to rotate objects on 45/90 degree rotations.
-Mirror objects
-stack objects ontop of eachother 
-Raise and lower objects through the terrain 
-Place an object inside another
-Ability to rotate physical objects on X or Y axis

Sound
-----------------------
-Seems to be an issue with Police sirens when you create a race. I have traffic set to off on all my 
races, yet i hear police chases going on constantly and i could never spot one of them.

Races
-----------------------

-Need to be able to force a vehicle on a race. (Even for hosting games it would be a vital feature)

Objects
-----------------------

As i guessed they wanted this patch to stay below 50mb, so we didn't get very many objects imported yet.
I had a few ideas on what could be added, i know these are all easily done, but requires detaching, and
recentering the axis. As shown in Gta San andreas popular mod, Mta, creators were able to manage making 
incredible race tracks, the same went for Gta 4, but there was even less object's that were ported causing 
it to go stale quickly. They need to give us pieces of the map including:

Road pieces including
--------------------------------
-Short road
-Medium road
-Long road
-90 degree corner
-Medium corner
-Long corner

Bridge pieces including
--------------------------------
-Small bridge
-Medium bridge
-Long bridge

Detatch some terrain, including
---------------------------------
-airport runways
-Grass lots
-Mountain sections
-Dirt sections
-Underwater seafloor sections for use on land

The generic type props including
----------------------------------

-Rocks from the wilderness for physical objects
-Foliage (Bushes, Trees)
-Taller fences 
-Larger crates
-more cabin's and some with interiors
-Rv homes (ones with interiors) The ones at the movie studio come to mind.
-Bleachers (need more benches for race setup's)
-Light fixtures of different varieties
-More street signs (stop signs etc)
-More ramps (Skatepark jumps, halfpipes etc)
-Stair sets
-Log bundles
  • beastjeffrey likes this

robban
  • robban

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by robban, 29 December 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Updated 29/12:

Checkpoints for races:

- Being able to place checkpoints on the Z-axis to allow you to make a obstacle course/race that requires that you jump through some checkpoints in the air. Maybe even the goal can be in the mid air.

To make it work checkpoints must be placed in certain places that allow players to gain the speed required to jump as high/long as possible.

GTA_REEFER
  • GTA_REEFER

Eye in the sky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

You can make a race with all the same vehicles. All Adders, all busses, all lawn mowers etc.   When you select a vehicle class press the SQUARE or X(for 360) to expand the vehicle list for that class.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

You can.
I think he meant using only 1 vehicle in a category, So no one can pick say off road and have 5 different vehicles to choose from

Actually this sounds like it might be what I'm looking for....

You can make a race with all the same vehicles. All Adders, all busses, all lawn mowers etc.   When you select a vehicle class press the SQUARE or X(for 360) to expand the vehicle list for that class.

Yesss....seems I can do this after all! Differing info on what button to press but the option seems to exist! Thanks!

The next thing I want I'm almost certain isn't there already....

Death match. BROKEN BOTTLE. Not available as a forced weapon. Not available as a pick up. My hobo fight club will never be right without it...

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

complete police and military vehicle(stanier cruiser and unmarked, crusader, police transporter, unarmed buzzard)

police and service vehicles with siren on model

coop mission

remove the restriction for airport and military base

LTS mode

Survival mode

more memory

team spawn point for team deathmatch not random spawn point after u get killed

(off topic)add more vehicles with mounted gun like RHIB boat, humvee with MG, annahillator with side gunner for more vehicle deathmatch

tapz63
  • tapz63

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

I'd like the ability to make a vehicle deathmatch. I tried making a jet deathmatch but you can't force people to spawn in jets and the ones placed on the map don't respawn :/

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

I can't remake 18 Wheeler Deathrace. This needs to be fixed.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

After attempting to make a Bus race, I found out that I couldn't, service vehicles (as well as police, military, trucks and construction) are absent from races, this is another thing I want patched. I want to make a race based off the 1994 film Speed.

witsalldonebefor
  • witsalldonebefor

Hello.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

I can't wait for the PC version. You know someone is going to mod it to be like GMod, that's all I want.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

I really want to be able to use things like Buses and Dozers in races,

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:25 AM Edited by PlasmaFLOW, 15 December 2013 - 04:26 AM.

You guys are asking for Rockstar to make a replica of Halo's Forge Mode?

make-it-so-captain.jpeg

Sorry... I had to. :lol:

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

Perhaps just wishful thinking, but...

Spoiler

Like I said at the top of my post, this is probably just wishful thinking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users