• None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

Cool. Good to know.

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:09 AM Edited by BridgeHat, 21 April 2014 - 03:10 AM.

@Luap

Your question is 3 weeks old, but if you're still wondering....

You can use props to 'climb'. What I mean by this, if you have two props that are stackable with each other, you can take the bottom one and continually put it on top. With this method, you can climb as high as you like without a solid base.

-----

For anyone,

Whilst it doesn't look as neat, you can use the large corrugated cabins instead of 6 float piles. It saves a lot of time. If you want it neat, you can use 3 hot dog trailers instead.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

Thanks man...I was hoping there was some other way as stacking that way takes forever.

Victor Strawn
  • Victor Strawn

Sniper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Thanks, AzraelX! Made this job with that advice-

http://socialclub.ro...-Q?platformId=1

Awesome, I didn't know you stack in this game til I read this post.

Very helpful!

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

I keep seeing these maps where they have placed props over water. I'm guessing these are made by using hacks or some other glitch? I don't see how it would be possible using this glitch except by slowly moving it towards the water, but that would put them in a very high altitude. I've seen lots that are just barely above water.

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:19 AM Edited by mikezilla2, 21 December 2014 - 11:20 AM.

I keep seeing these maps where they have placed props over water. I'm guessing these are made by using hacks or some other glitch? I don't see how it would be possible using this glitch except by slowly moving it towards the water, but that would put them in a very high altitude. I've seen lots that are just barely above water.

not hacks, building on water used to be very hard as you would have to fight with the waves however ,ever since 1.17 wev been able to raise and lower props   simply by pressing L3 or R3.

alot of the stuff in this thread is quite redudent now  a good insight in to how things used to work tho.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:50 PM Edited by GTAandStuff, 21 December 2014 - 01:51 PM.

not hacks, building on water used to be very hard as you would have to fight with the waves however ,ever since 1.17 wev been able to raise and lower props   simply by pressing L3 or R3.

alot of the stuff in this thread is quite redudent now  a good insight in to how things used to work tho.

Ohhh Well I haven't been using the content creator in a while. sh*t and I used to think that I'm caught up on everything GTA lol.

I like how R* didn't mind us glitching these before. They even featured some jobs with floating props. Then they turned it into a feature.

deejayb1874
  • deejayb1874

Bolt Ya Radge!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:49 PM

You could also stack onto the water ramps using the switch glitch, for the historic jobs over water.

• mikezilla2 and SPEEDSTER0595 like this

JoshD4PreZ
  • JoshD4PreZ

Oh So Cold Killa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

OP - amazing post, very well organized! Answered every single question I had about creator, thank you so much!

I'm new to gtaforum guys n gals, but I'm always on gtaV online! If anyone wants to add me or needs help with anything I'll do whatever I can (: love making new friends and meeting new people/characters!! Hit me up!! XBOX360 Gamertag: JoshD1222

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

You could also stack onto the water ramps using the switch glitch, for the historic jobs over water.

I tried that, but it never worked for me. I guess there was a technique to it.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Is it still possible to make large ramps?

I've been trying but can't seem to get it to work.

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

Is it still possible to make large ramps?

I've been trying but can't seem to get it to work.

nothing  has changed between now and the last time i commented   if you are having problems check youtube

JoshD4PreZ
  • JoshD4PreZ

Oh So Cold Killa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:08 PM

Hello all

Are there any more threads like this for stacking items with content creator, for Xbox one or PS4?

Thanks in advance

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

You-tube would be your best bet :)

The Jackal 4563
  • The Jackal 4563

Crew accountant.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Is there any way to be able to place spawn points on objects that are midair? I'm next gen (xb1) and they took out the ability to place spawns on top of cabins.

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

if jobs are getting verified using the stacking technique they need to unlock it/add easier way to creator imo.
  • LeakyLine and hyperkane like this

mindcandy
  • mindcandy

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

Is there any way to be able to place spawn points on objects that are midair? I'm next gen (xb1) and they took out the ability to place spawns on top of cabins.

Same here on PS4!

Cant get a stacked spawnpoint or teamstartpoint to work. Tried every fundation-object mentioned in the orig.post: no luck, cursor always turns red. Only a floating-plattform (on water) seems to be big enough to contain those points...
But no stacking or height manipulation on the plattform possible...

What do I miss?

thx & bw
Candy

pocpiz
  • pocpiz

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

Same here on PS4!

Cant get a stacked spawnpoint or teamstartpoint to work. Tried every fundation-object mentioned in the orig.post: no luck, cursor always turns red. Only a floating-plattform (on water) seems to be big enough to contain those points...

What do I miss?

thx & bw
Candy

It is the same method since the beginning of the creator :

• mikezilla2 and mechluvin89psn like this

The Jackal 4563
  • The Jackal 4563

Crew accountant.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

I wasn't aware of that method. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.
  • pocpiz likes this

mindcandy
  • mindcandy

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

Same here on PS4!

What do I miss?

thx & bw
Candy

It is the same method since the beginning of the creator :

Yep! Got it.  Big Thanx.

I pushed the reset-button inside my brain and watched all tuts by CCC010 and now everything works fine.  I only wish, the team starting points could be placed in a different way than the edge-glitch... takes me ages to get a single one up to the point I want it to... but, at least, it works! I might need more practice too..

pocpiz
  • pocpiz

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

For the team starting point you put it on the edge of the first  container , then you place an another container next to the first one , and after that your team starting point is in the middle  :p

Otherwise you have a new method found by Trigg-r Happy to place directly the team starting point where you want :

Excuse my english i m french

mindcandy
  • mindcandy

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

THX pocpiz!

just watched this tut, and even those, each guy mentioned as his source for this trick himself ...  but to be honest, it looks like this is just another way to replace one pain with another! Spent over an hour with watching and testing, but I didn´t got a single object to place itself with a 90° rotation...

Switch-glitch, move-glitch, zoom in and move glitch... tried them all - none worked. Maybe if I´d have given it another two hours with senseless "hope it will work eventually"-trial and error-clicking... or maybe all the tuts are missing one tiny but crucial detail - like camera-angle i.e. - but something kept my creator from placing the object like this...

I´m pretty good with the switch-glitch timing, usually takes me 3 to 5 attempts to get it placed, but on this one: complete disaster. Had to stop trying for now or I would have fired my controller into my HDTV eventually ;-)

To me, it doesn´t matter if I need hundrets of attempts to place a starting-point or to rotate an object, its just substitution of pain...  but at least, there are other ways to achieve the same result. Certainly, I will give them all another try... need to cool down fist ;-)

But for now I´m hoping Rockstar will give us the option to flip and bank objects by default with a future update...

Cheers, Candy

p.s. don´t worry about your english, mate! I´m Australian, so it´s quite fine for me!!

user1907
  • user1907

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:29 PM

for anyone who doesn't know how to put props in mid air; PRESS ON LEFT ANALOG TO PUT PROPS IN MID AIR. (and right analog to put them on the ground again)

• iddqdvie and Terrazi Terrajin like this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:01 PM Edited by grand theft spaghetti, 17 December 2016 - 06:14 PM.

does anyone know how to hang cars mid air for an avalanche LTS? ive looked on line and cant find anything that still works. i made a bowling ball avalanche mode but it turns out giant bowling balls arent deadly at all. i need to add some random cars so the runners actually die.

• sleepwalk1980 likes this

UNST3RBLICH
  • UNST3RBLICH

Dead King

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:42 AM

Nice necro. In LTS you have to place the vehicles on the ground, then select them and you should be able to either place them in the air, or on an item in the air which you can afterwards delete to leave them floating.

Takes a little time, but can be done. Not sure why they don't just allow them to be placed normally like in Deathmatch creation.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:51 AM

does anyone know how to hang cars mid air for an avalanche LTS? ive looked on line and cant find anything that still works. i made a bowling ball avalanche mode but it turns out giant bowling balls arent deadly at all. i need to add some random cars so the runners actually die.

Place a platform prop.

Place a car on the ground then pick it up.

Place car on platform.

Pick up platform and move it away from the car and place it.

Delete the prop.

• Don Maximus Meridius likes this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:26 PM Edited by grand theft spaghetti, 19 December 2016 - 04:32 PM.

thanks for the reply but i dont think that works anymore. maybe it was just my game being wonky. i kept getting the message i cant stack weapons after i had just stacked some weapons. i did something else and then it went back to letting me stack the weapons. i'll try it again and see if the cars stay in place this time.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:04 PM Edited by sleepwalk1980, 19 December 2016 - 09:06 PM.

I did it yesterday on XB1. I wanted a car at the bottom of a swimming pool in the Gentry Manor Hotel.

Did the procedure above and it works fine. Car dropped down in to the pool. If you want vehicles to stay in the air until they are shot/hit then I'm not sure on that one

There is a way to stack weapons. Going to make a few videos tomorrow.

But a text version;

1. Place an actor or prop of similar height - (this is for a height guide)

2. Place a coloured platform prop so that the actors head/top of prop pokes out the top (the platform needs to be above flat ground so that the distance from it to the ground is equal all the way around)

3. Place weapons on the platform

4. Move platform away from the weapons and place it/delete it

5. Move actor away from the weapons and place it/delete it

6. The weapon will be floating and you can see the green halo on the ground

7. You can now place another weapon below it. You can also place a spawn/start point underneath so that the weapon is collected immediately when spawning or starting

8. If you can't place anything underneath (red marker) then the weapon is too close to the ground)

• Don Maximus Meridius likes this

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:40 AM

Maybe someone can help me with a problem I have with my fight club sets.  I created deathmatches with a UFC cages and boxing rings. I want to put a startpoint for each team inside the cage/ring so one from each team start in the cage while the rest start outside it.  The problem I have is it says the startpoint is too close to the enemy.  I've looked and found some really old videos about stacking startpoints but the tricks don't work anymore.  Does anyone know a way to make this possible?

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

AFAIK this isn't possible anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users