Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

DYOM Version 8 Beta 2

After releasing the first beta a few days ago, we now release the second beta, in which some bugs are fixed and a few exciting new features are added.

CLEO 4
Because we wanted to add new features, from now on only CLEO 4 will be supported (as explained in the announcement topic). Please install CLEO 4 before using DYOM version 8, or it will crash instantly. Below you can find a video for installing CLEO 4:

Bugfixes beta 1
In this version, a number of small and major bugs were fixed. The following major bugs of version 7 should be fixed in version 8 (beta):

• Objective texts were not always cleared.
  • Skipping a moving cutscene doesn't end the movement.
  • Crash while using the fire-object.
  • Hide/spawn problems when adding new objectives in the middle.

Bugfixes beta 2
The following bugs of version 8 beta 1 are fixed:

• The multiple times reported cutscene bug, appears after canceling the cutscene menu.
  • Clear cutscene properties when creating a new cutscene.
  • Wrong text on skip fading menu.
  • Revert fix for texts that outlive short cutscenes.
  • Crash when adding animated actor with route, without defining routepoints.
  • Health 200 bar on teleport.

New features in beta 1
The following new features are added:

• For your convenience, we added quick browsing for cars, actors and objects. Using G and H, you can jump with 10 steps at the time, instead of 1. Please note that we already introduced the following quick browsing for cars in an earlier version: p for next plane, h for next helicopter, b for next boat, c for next car and s for next special vehicle.
  • In previous version we supported "fire" and "explosion" as special objects, that you could use in your missions. After many requests we extended these with over 90 additional effects to dress up your missions, but they also enable all new gameplay options. For example, you can create fireworks or be even more creative...
    8ziff5.jpg 6dwwer.jpg
  • In addition to the existing "follow actor" camera mode, we added two modes for using a camera for a specific actor: "1st person" places the camera's at the actors eye-level and thus shows his view-point. "3rd person" hovers the camera behind the actor and moves with him, as he walks around, much like it normally does with the player. Below you see an example of the same scene in "follow actor", "1st person" en "3rd person" mode.
    2likcch.jpg ih1kko.jpg 64iknk.jpg
  • Cutscenes now have 4 properties:
    Slowmotion: slows down the action, for a dramatic effect
    Shaking camera: Camera wiggles, to be used e.g. for explosions, drunkness
    Skip Fading: No fade-in, fade-out around the cutscene
    Skip Widescreen: normal display is used for the cutscene instead of the standard widescreen
  • By popular request we added objective objects to DYOM. You can choose between four types of objectives: Touch the object, photograph the object, shoot the object or damage the object.
    1izdwg.jpg
  • To enable mission that involve buying and selling stuff we added "add money" and "subtract money" special objectives.
  • When positioning the camera for a cutscene you can use G en H to scroll through positions used in previous cutscenes. This can be quite useful if you want to create a dialogue, without changing the position of the camera.
  • When editing an actor with an animation that involves a route, you have an additional option besides using the existing route and creating a new route. You can now choose to extend the existing route with additional waypoints. For that purpose you will be teleported to the location of the last waypoint, and can continue from there.

New features in beta 2

• Added fast respawn option for pickups: Pickups had the option to be spawnen once or to be spawned multiple times. That last option does now come in two versions: "respawn after 6 minutes" (the old timing) and "respawn after 30 seconds" ( the new and faster respawn).
    6q8pdx.jpg
  • Import/export of objective texts: a brand new feature has been added: Import and export of objective texts. These options in the mission menu, allow you to save the texts of all your objectives into a temporary textfile. Which you can then edit outside DYOM in your favorite edit-tool and which you can import back into the same mission. The texts are save in a file "DYOMtemp.txt" in the same folder as where you put your downloaded missions. This feature allows you to easily proof-read and edit your texts. It also allows you to use characters that are available in SA, but are not supported by DYOM.
    28qryfs.jpg2s1q9l5.jpg
  • Player Animations added: Another brand new feature is "player animations", these allow you to let your player execute animations during a cutscene. This objective must be placed directly in front of a cutscene. It make it easier to create cutscenes that involve your protagonist. This will in combination with "skip fading" and "skip widescreen" enable you to create truly seamless blended in cutscenes.
    2qd4qv6.jpg
  • 3 player cutscene camera modes: To make the "player animations" usefull, three new camera modes have been added for cutscene's: "Follow Player", "Player 1st Person" and "Player 3rd Person". These behave the same as the corresponding "actor" modes.
    2zy8nrk.jpg
  • Increased max amount of rewardmoney in storyline mode

Please DO NOT upload missions made with this beta version to the DYOM mission database.

Thanks to Doublepulse for his help with testing this version. :)

Download: http://www.gtagarage...oad.php?f=34780

Remember that this is still a beta version, bugs are inevitable. If you encounter them, please report them, with as much detail as possible about the circumstances, in this topic.

Enjoy!

• Platinum Card and Rewas like this

THBP
  • THBP

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

Player can do animations now? I LOVE IT!

KatOnTheMove
  • KatOnTheMove

GTA for life

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by KatOnTheMove, 13 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

So, what the final version will be? Is this just for bugfixes, or new minor features, or a new major features? If it's for a new feature maybe you can add something like actor follow or attack another actor.

KENY1RAY2
  • KENY1RAY2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

Dutchy3010 and PatrickW, I love the new version of DYOM.It's fascinating! :panic: :lol: :santa:

I would like to add to the final version of these features:
> Any actor can be colored arrow.
> And the option "Kill all enemies" there is the "destuir all cars."
> Phone animation for actors.
> Create dialogues.
> An actor may have more than one animation.
> You can show more of a life bar and can be customizable.
> Bar "approach" or "away".

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:28 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 13 December 2013 - 03:28 AM.

Wow you guys manage to put even more! Player animations, I knew we discussed it, but I did not think that would happen :p. That just made the entire process of creating cutscenes easier.

As for the trailer, still working on it, I been busy with my job, so I did not get too much of it done, I'm just about 30 seconds in, and I'm aiming to get it to 1-2 minutes, but hopefully going to get it done before the final release.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:11 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 13 December 2013 - 06:14 AM.

Awesome, this is awesome. Anyway, I just copied the folders and replaced them with Beta 1 folders and I get a message when entering DYOM: ''Incompatible version'' ''Not for general use''. Does everyone get this message ? I mean, I think I can use the features, but is that normal? :D

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

• Import/export of objective texts: a brand new feature has been added: Import and export of objective texts. These options in the mission menu, allow you to save the texts of all your objectives into a temporary textfile. Which you can then edit outside DYOM in your favorite edit-tool and which you can import back into the same mission. The texts are save in a file "DYOMtemp.txt" in the same folder as where you put your downloaded missions. This feature allows you to easily proof-read and edit your texts. It also allows you to use characters that are available in SA, but are not supported by DYOM.

If I am not wrong, this means that we can edit the Objective text even outside the mission? Cool. :)

It looks like you people will crack all the possible features pretty soon. ;) Good luck for the final version. I will try to report any bugs.

AHelmi88
  • AHelmi88

Playing GTA IV

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by Spider262, 13 December 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Awesome, this is awesome. Anyway, I just copied the folders and replaced them with Beta 1 folders and I get a message when entering DYOM: ''Incompatible version'' ''Not for general use''. Does everyone get this message ? I mean, I think I can use the features, but is that normal? :D

DYOM V7 beta-s had this message, This only a warning. :cool:

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

Yeah, thats just a reminder that this is a beta, the message should also have been in the first beta, but  we forgot to activate it there..

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

http://s000.tinyuplo...465061250964335

This rar has a Test mission which shows off some of the new DYOM features. Feel free to play. :)

No virus, don't worry.

• Dutchy3010 likes this

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Can't wait to play GTA V in 800x600 and in Minecraft setting

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

I think I love you....

I'm gonna try this now.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

This rar has a Test mission which shows off some of the new DYOM features. Feel free to play. :)

No virus, don't worry.

How about a video of the mission? :D

MyxacH
  • MyxacH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for adding animation to Player

Dutchy3010 and PatrickW, I love the new version of DYOM.It's fascinating! :panic: :lol: :santa:

I would like to add to the final version of these features:
> Any actor can be colored arrow.
> And the option "Kill all enemies" there is the "destuir all cars."
> Phone animation for actors.
> Create dialogues.
> An actor may have more than one animation.
> You can show more of a life bar and can be customizable.
> Bar "approach" or "away".

Phone animation for actor, Not support the game

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by Dr. John13, 13 December 2013 - 04:40 PM.

No virus, don't worry.

How about a video of the mission? :D

I can't do it, I am bad in video recordings. :/

I guess somebody willing will do it for us. I shall make more test missions though. :)

EDIT: Here's another one: http://s000.tinyuplo...767574351387736

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

The first test was rather short :p

• Dutchy3010, BDR and Dr. John like this

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Nice! Too bad that it is hard to spot the special effects in the mission, even though I saw a few. :p

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

Nice! Too bad that it is hard to spot the special effects in the mission, even though I saw a few. :p

I am sorry. That mission was more of cutscenes and objects. You can see more effects in test 2:

http://s000.tinyuplo...767574351387736

@ManDog: Great job. :^: I didn't really make anything huge. It was a test mission after all. ;)

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Can't wait to play GTA V in 800x600 and in Minecraft setting

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

How to disable the hud during a cutscene with the Skip Widescreen option?

MyxacH
  • MyxacH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

This is the latest beta or not?

Terano
  • Terano

Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

I can play V7 missions on V8 easily.....

• Rosilna likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:36 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 14 December 2013 - 06:36 AM.

I encountered a crashing problem. It crashed between these 2 objectives:

A 1st person cutscene of The Truth in a walking animation.

A 3rd person cutscene of The Truth doing animation no. 113 while the camera shakes. 

dudeofSANTOS
  • dudeofSANTOS

"Don't bother to wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:01 AM

OH! New Version Released.....

Three Cheers for Dutchy and Patrick.......

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

A 3rd person cutscene of The Truth doing animation no. 113 while the camera shakes. 

http://gtaforums.com...-topic-v8-beta/

That might be a better place to report any crashes.

I checked out your issues by creating those two situations and there doesn't seems to be any problem. Try agian.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

http://gtaforums.com...-topic-v8-beta/

That might be a better place to report any crashes.

I checked out your issues by creating those two situations and there doesn't seems to be any problem. Try agian.

I could of sworn I posted in that topic... Oh well.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

No virus, don't worry.

I'm sorry, but it's really not worth it. This guy rather focuses on the old functions that were already there since DYOM V7, rather than the new ones.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

No virus, don't worry.

I'm sorry, but it's really not worth it. This guy rather focuses on the old functions that were already there since DYOM V7, rather than the new ones.

Like I said, I have made that test very short. The second test is rather good.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by ManDog, 14 December 2013 - 05:53 PM.

The second test was hard to record, and I'm not sure if I even recorded all of it - due to a good amount of bugs (not caused by DYOM, but the mission):
Most of the time the truck would get stuck somewhere, I.E: A tree, and instead of moving just stops and gives up.
Either that or when you get to the part with the guy with the rocket launcher and he shoots you, almost everytime he kills me, either that or explodes the truck, but either way I die.
And when the truck reaches the stadium and the screen fades to black, my game crashes everytime.

I can't continue the mission after that, so I'm not sure if where it crashes the mission continues or not, so I'm going to upload the video in the next few hours anyways.

Here we go:

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by Dr. John13, 15 December 2013 - 03:24 AM.

That test was not supposed to be easy. The truck will continue to move after it crashes the tree. I have set the waypoints correctly but it seems to be not functioning. :whuh:

The guy rocket launcher and moltovs were made for difficulty. I cannot blame the mission. I tried my best to make them easy (by reducing accuracy). It's not my problem if you fail such missions, ManDog. :p

Otherwise, this mission had lots of effects and new cutscenes in it.

EDIT: Just watched the video. It should not have crashed. Try to play the game again. :/

BTW, that video was really funny. :D

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:26 AM

Where's the link, I may record it.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

http://s000.tinyuplo...767574351387736

Link to test 2. But really, no need to play if it crahses. :/ I don't mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users