29 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hello friends,

Is anyone here a big fan of eating cheese? If you are, please feel free to talk about it, what type of cheese you enjoy, and what you enjoy having it with.

Maximum snobby levels are highly suggested.

I am currently enjoying a Queso Valdeon from Posada de Valdeon, Spain, wrapped in chestnut leaves, as is typical.

valdeon_blue_cheese_2.jpg

I'm having homemade spiced almonds and a piece of baguette with it. I also have a piece of Cotswold in the fridge that I may enjoy later.

• Vlynor likes this

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

That looks really good. How does it taste?

I'm not a cheese expert btw.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

That looks really good. How does it taste?

I'm not a cheese expert btw.

It is very well balanced for a blue. Not very biting or sharp and with a very earthy taste to it. Highly suggested if you want a blue that is good to snack on by itself without being overkill on the blue cheese taste.

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Do you have French heritage? 

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by Werebot85, 12 December 2013 - 09:07 PM.

I'm not particularly a big fan of cheese - I eat it very rarely. But I would say there's no better cheese than pan fried Halloumi with a sweet chilli dip on the side :)

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

How salty is Valdeon? I find the milder (in terms of bitterness and pungency usually associated with strong blues) and creamier veined cheeses like Roquefort and St. Agur tend to be very salty. Not that that's a bad thing, but it does rather shape what you eat them with.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

How salty is Valdeon? I find the milder (in terms of bitterness and pungency usually associated with strong blues) and creamier veined cheeses like Roquefort and St. Agur tend to be very salty. Not that that's a bad thing, but it does rather shape what you eat them with.

This particular one that i'm having is not particularly salty, but I don't really notice that much outside of certain hard Italian cheeses so I may not be the best judge. It definitely is not as strong as the Roquefort taste and its a bit less complex than that also. Less creamy, also, though I didn't really let it come to room temperature.

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by haythem09, 12 December 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Mr Wong no approve of Cheese. We serve best noodles in world. You buy.

SuperStock_1525R-6926.jpg

• Lazyboy. likes this

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Random fact of the day, the bacteria present between your toes and your armpits is also present in many types of cheese.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Anyone tried the casu marzu? These worms it has looks so tasty...

Casu-Marzu.jpg

My favourite ones are gorgonzola and parmesano. Gotta love Italian gastronomy <3
I like also some cheeses from Cantabria (Spain), called 'Quesucos'.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Quesucos is a smoked cheese, right? I've had that before and it is tasty.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Anyone tried the casu marzu? These worms it has looks so tasty...

Woah, I had to wikipedia this one. Jumping larvae hey? And you can only eat the cheese while they are alive... Mmmmm

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Random fact of the day, the bacteria present between your toes and your armpits is also present in many types of cheese.

Follow up fact - this bacteria can be eliminated by washing once in a while, you hoser.

• Joe Chip and PaletoChickenCapo like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

I'd never wash my cheese, not even a double Gloucester.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Quesucos is a smoked cheese, right? I've had that before and it is tasty.
There are different kind of quesucos, smoked ones are indeed one of them. I guess it's more an origin denomination. I don't know much about each type characteristics, though. I prefer to enjoy what I eat more than speak about it :p

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

I love cheese my favorite kind is Robusto cheese

Why I really hate is cutting the cheese....laugh out loud

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

Robusto! I think that is something like Parrano

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

Cheetos Chipito cheese flavor is the only cheesey product I am willing to eat.

Cheese always makes me vomit, no idea why.

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

i love every kind of cheese <3

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Today i'll be enjoying Trader Joe's "Unexpected Cheddar" which is probably not going to be that good. It boasts about being a salty, well aged cross between English cheddar and parmigiano. I will report in.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

When I was young I used to enjoy the cheese, but now, not so much. Not so much at all. I don't know why but I just went off it, I don't really like it anymore. In fact it's not so much of a dislike as it is a hate. It's the smell more than anything, and the taste as well, plus the way it looks and it's texture. Apart from those 4 things, it isn't that bad. 

What's horrible is when you're eating and everyone else at the table is grating some cheese onto their food. Especially when you have to act as the intermediate between 2 cheese users who can't quite reach each other, and you have to pass the goddamn cheese from one person to another. If you're lucky the cheese is in some kind of wrapper or on a little plate, and you don't actually have to touch it. But if you're unlucky then you have to violate every essence of your being, and actually come into contact with the filthy vermin.  

Yuck. I hate it. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Mozarella Cheese on homemade Pizza (Tomatoes, Onions, chicken, gravy) With Mayonise, Yummy.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

For once, I read the title as 'Chess'. :p

Believe me, as a doctor, Cheese is good for health. Add a few slices in salad and that becomes a balanced diet. Add it in burger, well, it becomes America then.

I love how cows are our holy animals in our country. I am proud of the cows. Keep chowing.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

Believe me, as a doctor, Cheese is good for health. Add a few slices in salad and that becomes a balanced diet. Add it in burger, well, it becomes America then.

I love how cows are our holy animals in our country. I am proud of the cows. Keep chowing.

Are you from India, the land of the wonderful paneer cheese? I would love a paneer pakora or a palak paneer right now.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Are you from India, the land of the wonderful paneer cheese? I would love a paneer pakora or a palak paneer right now.

paneer-tikka-masala-3.jpg

Savour it till you have it in your bowl. Have it with chapatti, it tastes better. :^:

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

I bloody love cheese.

Have any of you tried Burrata? Its a creamier, nuttier Mozarella and it is delicious. I tried it this summer when I took my girlfriend to Seville for a holiday...well at least that's what I told her. In reality I was on a cheese tour and I bought her as a cover. 

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

I bloody love cheese.

Have any of you tried Burrata? Its a creamier, nuttier Mozarella and it is delicious. I tried it this summer when I took my girlfriend to Seville for a holiday...well at least that's what I told her. In reality I was on a cheese tour and I bought her as a cover. 

Yes. Great on a charcuterie or deli meat platter.

• Max likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

What is your secret cheese which you return to time and again? I would have to say that mine is Applewood, a beautiful smoked cheddar which I could eat by the tonne.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yes Paneer with Chappathi is delicious.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

What is your secret cheese which you return to time and again? I would have to say that mine is Applewood, a beautiful smoked cheddar which I could eat by the tonne.

For everyday snacking, I am a sucker for English or Australian cheddar. Double Gloucester, Cotswold, and now and then Huntsman. If you are going cheap (4.99 a piece) you cannot beat this :

extra_sharp_cheese.png

I have more exotic tastes as well but I do not indulge them as often.  There is a wonderful French cheese called Reblochon that is great on its own or melted on top of things, particularly a gratin. Real swiss gruyere is a tasty sensation fit for the gods. Roquefort or stilton on pears and apples.  Manchego melted on any type of toasted bread bruschetta thing. There are really too many to name or pick from. But I generally snack on cheddar daily.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users