Quantcast

» «
Photo

DESCRIBE your creation using the description...

48 replies to this topic
rushfox
  • rushfox

Please only message me if you're a girl.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

If I had a keyboard I wouldn't mind writing a damn short story in there, but since I only have my controller you'll be lucky if it is an English word.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Stuff

Thanks for the clarity. That's exactly what I meant when I used the word technical. Then the guy said it wasn't proper, so I dictionaried it and it didn't mention anything that really relates, so I thought it was a misuse. I thought I've heard the F1 commentators say that about tracks before :)

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

I need a damn keyboard for my controller before I write more than a 3 word description. 

This forever.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

For exemple here is my description a one of my rally races :
" Welcome to Grapeseed SuperSpecial-1. A technical Rally race on dirt roads, suits Futo GT and Sultan RS. Use your breaks and control your car to stay on track! Also available for off roads vehicles and bikes "
better I think.

"Technical" is not an adjective which describes races.   Comparing the Futo to the Sultan off-road is just silly.   Descriptions shouldn't tell people how to drive.  And being off road, I'd really hope it's also available for off road vehicles.

Technical is an adjective to describe race courses. A track that is simply an oval is easy, since the driver gets into a rhythm and it's basically the fastest driver with the most reliable vehicle wins. A technical track is one that has tricky chicanes, or curves that change how 'tight' they are midway through, or even off-camber corners. All of these highlight the technical skills of the driver rather than raw speed of the vehicle. If you want to be pedant at least have your facts right.

sh*t.. what an idiot I didn't notice the breaks/brakes thing.. sounds the same to me, easy mistake. I'm perfectionist so I will edit.
And YES, it does reset your likes/dislikes (I had a lot on this race), just so you know if you ever have to update one of your creations.

Damn....does it reset if you only change the description and nothing to do with the race? That sucks. 

LOL I'm a perfectionist too, so I understand where you're coming from. 

I don't know about changing the description only. Last time I just changed the place where you have the screen to choose your car (cause the camera would appear behind a wall).

For exemple here is my description a one of my rally races :
" Welcome to Grapeseed SuperSpecial-1. A technical Rally race on dirt roads, suits Futo GT and Sultan RS. Use your breaks and control your car to stay on track! Also available for off roads vehicles and bikes "
better I think.

"Technical" is not an adjective which describes races.   Comparing the Futo to the Sultan off-road is just silly.   Descriptions shouldn't tell people how to drive.  And being off road, I'd really hope it's also available for off road vehicles.

Ah I'm sorry to not know every subtleties of a language that isn't mine.
BTW description doesn't translate itself to english.. so yeah.
Technical IS an adjective in my language, at least for a track/race. And I found no other adjective that would describe better this track. If you have one, please let me know before I update it.

Also about the Futo and Sultan, I'm not comparing them both at all. I'm saying it suits both of these cars, as different as it can be to drive them, especially BECAUSE they are different. The Futo and the Sultan are fun to drive on it. And give a good feeling of a "real" rally.
The Sultan for the professional rally, and the Futo for the amateurs one (I often see this kind of cars in amateur rally -my cousin is a pilot in these so I've seen quite a lot of it- )

See above. Technical is a term used to describe races tracks in English.  

Ah so it is in english too, I was right ! lol good :)

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

I need a damn keyboard for my controller before I write more than a 3 word description. 

Ditto.... Unless they come out with some voice recog sh*t where I can speak my descriptions Im not going to use that sh*tty ps3 type thing to make a description longer than anything short hand worthy. 

Henrage
  • Henrage

Noobydoo

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

Had a taste of the 1st random creation race last night. The description was as good as none. It turned out to be a rocky mountain terrain with tons of concrete barriers & we're forced to use Sports. Needless to say the race was brutal & the creator won easily as he probably know his own track like the back of his hand. I managed to end second, the rest..Not so lucky.

T-Offline
  • T-Offline

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

@ Black Rabbit thank you a lot :) I will change it tonight.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

Love the "just go" description :D

Especially when you enter that Race, and you constantly hear a 12.-year old screaming "JUST GOI" as we wait for more people to join,.... :D

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Especially when you enter that Race, and you constantly hear a 12.-year old screaming "JUST GOI" as we wait for more people to join,.... :D

I write good descriptions but my races are too hard for most people and they leave:(

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

I write good descriptions but my races are too hard for most people and they leave:(

I'll try your content if you are on the PS3 and send me a link to your favorite jobs :)

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Even worse than a sh*t description is a description in all caps.

MOTHERf*ckING RACE MOTHERf*ckERS RAM AND SUPER CARS AND BORING ROUND THE MAP YEH f*ckIN DO IT

KILL DEATHMATCH DIE ON ROOFTOPS SNIPERS YEH f*ckIN KILL f*ck YEH

• Jolly SWAGman likes this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:07 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 13 December 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Even worse than a sh*t description is a description in all caps.

MOTHERf*ckING RACE MOTHERf*ckERS RAM AND SUPER CARS AND BORING ROUND THE MAP YEH f*ckIN DO IT

KILL DEATHMATCH DIE ON ROOFTOPS SNIPERS YEH f*ckIN KILL f*ck YEH

That death match would be lame. You need tanks, RPGs and jets everywhere to make a good deathmatch. The best ones will also only place these weapons and vehicles hidden somewhere only the creator knows and just have broken bottles scattered everywhere else. Makes it a good challenge.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

agahagh but it's so annoying to type on console

ik what you mean though, most likely sh*t desc = sh*t mission, do judge the book by its cover
  • Black Rabbit likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Had a taste of the 1st random creation race last night. The description was as good as none. It turned out to be a rocky mountain terrain with tons of concrete barriers & we're forced to use Sports. Needless to say the race was brutal & the creator won easily as he probably know his own track like the back of his hand. I managed to end second, the rest..Not so lucky.

Man, I had one of those last night. Race sounded great. Along the spine of a mountain in off-road vehicles. Everyone took their favorite off-roaders out...but the creator took a dirt bike. No big deal....well, except a single one of the checkpoints wasn't on the spine, it was down the side of the mountain about 20 feet. The dirt bike made it down and back up no problem (then proceeded to not give any f*cks about anyone and took off to "win") but the trucks/buggies would slide down the hill and weren't able to get back up the steepness of it. If you were lucky and hit the checkpoint, you couldn't get up, would roll down, reset...but the reset would position you so you couldn't get any traction or go anywhere. 

f*ck some of these selfish creators just making things so they'll win instead of making things fun for everyone involved. A win is not worth making a sh*tty track in my opinion. 

@ Black Rabbit thank you a lot :) I will change it tonight.

Not a problem. If you'd like assistance in the future, you can always ask. 

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Black Rabbit

I thought you were kind of being nit-picky at first. But after thinking about it & reading some of these posts, you're right. Better descriptions would help. As soon as I can I will fix mine. Fortuantly I've only made 4 races so it shouldn't take too long

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

Lol.

I try to mimic the official Rockstar ones as well as I can. It's not that much of a job to do a proper description. :p

nmrgoodnightn
  • nmrgoodnightn

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Is it confirmed that if we change the description we lose our likes? Wanted to add more to it. I changed it once but dont think i had any likes at the time. I wanna keep my 14 likes haha.

Here's my description. Any feedback on it is welcome.

"Race that starts at the top of the Observatory. Try and survive the epic twist and turns."

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 13 December 2013 - 08:13 PM.

From now on, all my new maps will have this decription "Created By- Tiger_Dylan-85"

lol!

Is it confirmed that if we change the description we lose our likes? Wanted to add more to it. I changed it once but dont think i had any likes at the time. I wanna keep my 14 likes haha.

"Race that starts at the top of the Observatory. Try and survive the epic twist and turns."

Even if you do the tiniest little Update, the likes and dislikes seems to be reset unfortunately.

nmrgoodnightn
  • nmrgoodnightn

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

From now on, all my new maps will have this decription "Created By- Tiger_Dylan-85"

lol!

Even if you do the tiniest little Update, the likes and dislikes seems to be reset unfortunately.

Ahh okay thanks. Guess I'll keep it then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users