Quantcast

» «
Photo

DESCRIBE your creation using the description...

48 replies to this topic
Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 12 December 2013 - 08:34 PM.

What the hell is wrong with people? You need to describe your races using the descriptions. People will be more willing to try a race if you take your time to actually tell them what it's all about. It doesn't take long. Are you that much in a rush to publish your creation? Do you really not care about it? Show us you care about what you made. Take the time to make it special.

Some examples (scrolling just through the new ones, these are FULL descriptions of races):

Seriously....which you you rather give a try?

TERRIBLE 

• just go
  • Only the fastest will survive.
  • Super Fast
  • fun and furious
  • race with RAMPS!!!!!
  • Only if you dare..
  • Created By- Tiger_Dylan-85 (note: f*cking d'uh. It already tells us that)
  • Finishing First Is The Objective
  • Rally
  • 4.20 miles. idk im high
  • stock car : try it !!
  • KILL
  • 16 cars lots of vroom vroom

GOOD JOB. WOULD PLAY THESE IF I GOT PUT IN THE LOBBY

• Race around the Sandy Shores airstrip and it's surrounding roads on this long and challenging rallycross track. Fast tarmac straights are combined with uneven dirt roads that will push your skills to the limit...
  • Race around the back roads in Blaine County while encountering a few bumps along the way.
  • Take to the bumpy and narrow train track up North and finish up swimming with the fishes near the mouth of the concrete river.
  • Entertaining and challenging track, suitable for all vehicles. Expect long straights, wide archs, narrow turns and deadly junctions.
  • Race from freeway to freeway in this high speed technical run around eastern Los Santos's freeways. Pay close attention as there are some tight u-turns and the need to cross thru and drive along with some oncoming traffic.
  • Race for Off-roaders around the Land Act Dam. Pro tip: Keep the pedal to the metal through the water area! Also, the route doubles back on itself, so watch out!
  • Racers compete in the hot sandy desert with interesting jumps and heart breaking twists and turns! Only the best will shine as the rest are left in the dust.
  • Race from the top of the city, to the LSI Airport, and finish at the edge of the city. All with some jumps along the way. V1.02​
  • Zenzic, StormerBoy and MayaIbuki like this

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

4.20 miles. idk im high

LOL

The OP is right of course. A description doesn't guarantee that the race would be better than a description that says nothing but, I for one am more likely to bookmark a race for later if I have some idea of what to expect.

Buggy2825
  • Buggy2825

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

I keep getting. My races locked on the forum. I've put descriptions and everything. The moderators just don't care. They want some people but not others getting the likes, it's crap

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

My race's description is the best.  It's "Drive faster than the other players to win."
Everything else is fluff.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 12 December 2013 - 08:43 PM.

I need a damn keyboard for my controller before I write more than a 3 word description. 

• G_Masta_Phunk likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

4.20 miles. idk im high

LOL

Yeah...I almost didn't include that one because it's probably a good race. At least it was an inspired description.

My race's description is the best.  It's "Drive faster than the other players to win."

What you described is literally the description of every single race in the game. What sets yours apart? Anything? Not creative...so I personally wouldn't think your track to be creative. Just saying. 

I need a damn keyboard for my controller before I write more than a 3 word description. 

Uggg...I know. I hate not having a keyboard, but my description (below) only took a minute or so to type using the controller. It's just the added effort that goes a long way in helping to show that you really thought out what you made.

• Race from freeway to freeway in this high speed technical run around eastern Los Santos's freeways. Pay close attention as there are some tight u-turns and the need to cross thru and drive along with some oncoming traffic.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

What you described is literally the description of every single race in the game. What sets yours apart? Anything? Not creative...so I personally wouldn't think your track to be creative. Just saying. 

Well, you're the one missing out and I don't really mind.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Wow, such race, Much fast, Amaze, Such turns, So scare.
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

I dont wanna read all that crap...Just put go fast for me...

Preusse
  • Preusse

Auf zum 4ten Stern!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

I agree. Today I saw a description saying "not created by rockstar f*ck you rockstar."

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

I agree. Today I saw a description saying "not created by rockstar f*ck you rockstar."

Hahaha....fair enough to say that one probably won't become R* Verified :)

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Haha OP, you're right, but don't get mad tho, lot of people don't have a creative minds when it comes to words / describing, finding a good title is already hard lol

I was in a race described as "rally" too, ended up with a bike race... boring. I thought this was rally !

For exemple here is my description a one of my rally races :
" Welcome to Grapeseed SuperSpecial-1. A technical Rally race on dirt roads, suits Futo GT and Sultan RS. Use your breaks and control your car to stay on track! Also available for off roads vehicles and bikes "
better I think.

SyahKeller
  • SyahKeller

Sadism

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Here's mine for rally racing. 

Team coordinations are a necessity for this race as four players rally their way through the bumpy cliffs of Raton Canyon. Just don't fall off the cliffs. Works best with off-road vehicles and certain sports vehicles.

And mine for deathmatch.

A total of eight players waging against each other in this trash-riddled village off the Alamo Sea.

I'm a non-English speaker but I try to put some effort when it comes to describe my created content.

• Black Rabbit likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Haha OP, you're right, but don't get mad tho, lot of people don't have a creative minds when it comes to words / describing, finding a good title is already hard lol

I was in a race described as "rally" too, ended up with a bike race... boring. I thought this was rally !

" Welcome to Grapeseed SuperSpecial-1. A technical Rally race on dirt roads, suits Futo GT and Sultan RS. Use your breaks and control your car to stay on track! Also available for off roads vehicles and bikes "
better I think.

Excellent. I'd know exactly what I'd be doing and I'd give it a go. You may or may not want to edit "breaks" to "brakes"....not sure if an edit resets your likes/dislikes though, so you might just want to keep it if you have likes on it. 

T-Offline
  • T-Offline

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Thx for the laughing xd but youre wright.

Can somebody help me out for a good description please ? My english expirience is based only on using teamspeak and watching movies.

Thats my Race Infos :

Title : Drag & Drift

Sozial Club Username : G-Town.Rebell

Platform : PS3

Type : Land Race (all vehicles classes!)

Players : 1-2

Loaction : Sandy Shores

Description : Straight lines and dirt roads ... show your skills!

Let me know if i have to change someting please. I already LOVE it :)

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

Thx for the laughing xd but youre wright.

Can somebody help me out for a good description please ? My english expirience is based only on using teamspeak and watching movies.

Thats my Race Infos :

Title : Drag & Drift

Sozial Club Username : G-Town.Rebell

Platform : PS3

Type : Land Race (all vehicles classes!)

Players : 1-2

Loaction : Sandy Shores

Description : Straight lines and dirt roads ... show your skills!

Let me know if i have to change someting please. I already LOVE it :)

A little difficult to describe without playing, but something like:

Scream across the Sandy Shores Airstrip before hitting the uneven dirt roads of the Grand Senora Desert in this fast point-to-point suitable for all land vehicles. 

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

better I think.

Excellent. I'd know exactly what I'd be doing and I'd give it a go. You may or may not want to edit "breaks" to "brakes"....not sure if an edit resets your likes/dislikes though, so you might just want to keep it if you have likes on it. 

sh*t.. what an idiot I didn't notice the breaks/brakes thing.. sounds the same to me, easy mistake. I'm perfectionist so I will edit.
And YES, it does reset your likes/dislikes (I had a lot on this race), just so you know if you ever have to update one of your creations.

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

I keep getting. My races locked on the forum. I've put descriptions and everything. The moderators just don't care. They want some people but not others getting the likes, it's crap

Rustled-Jimmies.jpg

It because you keep putting them in the wrong section and starting threads just to advertise your content. Try the right section:

http://gtaforums.com...e-your-content/

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

sh*t.. what an idiot I didn't notice the breaks/brakes thing.. sounds the same to me, easy mistake. I'm perfectionist so I will edit.
And YES, it does reset your likes/dislikes (I had a lot on this race), just so you know if you ever have to update one of your creations.

Damn....does it reset if you only change the description and nothing to do with the race? That sucks. 

LOL I'm a perfectionist too, so I understand where you're coming from. 

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

I assume you're creating new topics rather than using the pinned topic? If so, that'd be why...

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

GTAF's Bravado Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Here's my description for my race.

Weasel Plaza Circuit

Get ready for an exciting circuit race around the best apartment building in all of Los Santos, through Mount Zonah medical center, and past city hall. Expect numerous turns, tight squeezes, and a lot of fun. This lap race is best played at night and is great for almost any car, truck, and motorcycle.

Sound like a good description to you? 

• Black Rabbit likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

While i don't put detailed desc of what is going to happen in the DM/Race i do make up something creative, The least creative thing i've made was just Fight, Forced unarmed in a enclosed area, The rest i have a creative Desc with enough saying what it is to get the idea, My most recent death match Desc is: RPGs and Tanks, What more could you want? I feel like it gets the message of what is in the DM

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

better I think.

"Technical" is not an adjective which describes races.   Comparing the Futo to the Sultan off-road is just silly.   Descriptions shouldn't tell people how to drive.  And being off road, I'd really hope it's also available for off road vehicles.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

It does add a professional touch.

If you're work does get recognised by Rockstar and then it looks to them.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

I use an usb keyboard. No installation required and probably better than that stupid small as f*ck controller keyboard.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

It does add a professional touch.

If you're work does get recognised by Rockstar and then it looks to them.

Chances are, if Rockstar takes any races they're going to be changing the names and descriptions.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by FR_Player-One, 12 December 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Damn....does it reset if you only change the description and nothing to do with the race? That sucks. 

I don't know about changing the description only. Last time I just changed the place where you have the screen to choose your car (cause the camera would appear behind a wall).

better I think.

"Technical" is not an adjective which describes races.   Comparing the Futo to the Sultan off-road is just silly.   Descriptions shouldn't tell people how to drive.  And being off road, I'd really hope it's also available for off road vehicles.

Ah I'm sorry to not know every subtleties of a language that isn't mine.
BTW description doesn't translate itself to english.. so yeah.
Technical IS an adjective in my language, at least for a track/race. And I found no other adjective that would describe better this track. If you have one, please let me know before I update it.

Also about the Futo and Sultan, I'm not comparing them both at all. I'm saying it suits both of these cars, as different as it can be to drive them, especially BECAUSE they are different. The Futo and the Sultan are fun to drive on it. And give a good feeling of a "real" rally.
The Sultan for the professional rally, and the Futo for the amateurs one (I often see this kind of cars in amateur rally -my cousin is a pilot in these so I've seen quite a lot of it- )

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

sh*t. What's the adjective that I'd be looking for to replace that? It sounded correct but now that you point it out, it's not. There's got to be a word that means what I'm trying to say, but I just can't think of it. I need to change the camera angle on one of my stunt jumps, so I might as well update this to. 

Any idea what word I was thinking of when I wrote that? Ugggg......

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

sh*t. What's the adjective that I'd be looking for to replace that? It sounded correct but now that you point it out, it's not. There's got to be a word that means what I'm trying to say, but I just can't think of it. I need to change the camera angle on one of my stunt jumps, so I might as well update this to. 

Any idea what word I was thinking of when I wrote that? Ugggg......

No idea.  I'd have to see the race first.

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:19 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 13 December 2013 - 08:12 AM.

better I think.

Technical is an adjective to describe race courses. A track that is simply an oval is easy, since the driver gets into a rhythm and it's basically the fastest driver with the most reliable vehicle wins. A technical track is one that has tricky chicanes, or curves that change how 'tight' they are midway through, or even off-camber corners. All of these highlight the technical skills of the driver rather than raw speed of the vehicle. If you want to be pedant at least have your facts right.

I don't know about changing the description only. Last time I just changed the place where you have the screen to choose your car (cause the camera would appear behind a wall).

better I think.

Ah I'm sorry to not know every subtleties of a language that isn't mine.
BTW description doesn't translate itself to english.. so yeah.
Technical IS an adjective in my language, at least for a track/race. And I found no other adjective that would describe better this track. If you have one, please let me know before I update it.

Also about the Futo and Sultan, I'm not comparing them both at all. I'm saying it suits both of these cars, as different as it can be to drive them, especially BECAUSE they are different. The Futo and the Sultan are fun to drive on it. And give a good feeling of a "real" rally.
The Sultan for the professional rally, and the Futo for the amateurs one (I often see this kind of cars in amateur rally -my cousin is a pilot in these so I've seen quite a lot of it- )

See above. Technical is a term used to describe races tracks in English too. You're absolutely right.
  • UnicornAssassin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users