Photo

Rating the Races [Xbox]

12 replies to this topic
DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by DrAtomic, 14 December 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Hi guys, in this thread I'd like to rate the races that are advertised in this thread: http://gtaforums.com...e-your-content/ (at the same time i'll report deadlinks in that thread).

Races in that thread can be played by clicking on the link and then pressing Add to Game, after restarting GTA you'll be able to find them on your map highlighted in yellow.

Another way of starting the races without having to restart is: Change session, press start, go to online menu, press A, choose jobs, Host Job, Bookmarked, Races, choose the race you added.

A good tip is to create a playlist containing player created or your own races in order to play more then one after another (use my bookmarked jobs and my jobs option to add them into a playlist).

Reviews:

Name: Los Santos Drag Kings

Grade: 9/10

Verdict: Must add

Link: http://rsg.ms/1bFonFm

Comments:

Decent enough name, nice pun on Drag Queens. Nice description, carrying on the drag queen pun, solid joke with the fuel consumers, great reference to the U.S. Fuel and Gasoline Championship which is probably one of the most known drag races.

All ownable vehicles are playable, both normal and GTA mode are great. GTA mode only has speed boosts which adds to the drag race feel. Rally and GTA team mode are worthless in this one. This race takes 3 players but only 2 players can actually play as the third player is boxed in, good work around of the grid limitation that the creator imposes, but annoying if you happen to be that 3rd player. The track feels like a real drag track, nice use of the props here. The drag race itself lives up to it's name lasting only around 25 seconds. Great for leveling up race wins. All in all this race makes you crave for more and you finish simply wishing that Rockstar would add drag racing as a gamemode with multiple heats and more players where heat winners would compete while the others specate those heats. Downside is offcourse loading time versus actual playing time, another downer is the payout at $100 for each player (jobs cost $200 to start) so if you don't bet you'll loose money even if you win it. A creator limitation that comes to light here is catchup being set to On by default, be sure to turn it off as it ruins the experience. All in all this race is a must add for everybody with the exception of those that want long duration races or pure technical races.

Note: this race is one of my own, I tried to be as unbiased with the review of it as I could even if the grade may look suspicious. Feedback from around 10 people playing it has been used to write the review. If you feel I'm wrong or biased with this review then please do write one yourself and grade it. I'll happily change the review accordingly if it's a good write up. When doing so also test: http://goo.gl/OlRYF1 (I'll reserve my opinion on that one till it's his turn)

Name: Atomic Delivery

Grade: 8/10

Verdict: Worth playing

Link: http://rsg.ms/1bV0sYk

Comments:

Atomic delivery what is not to like about something named Atomic... :) As this is a moped race the delivery part of the race is surely fitting, not so sure about the Atomic part of it. The description is themed with the name and descriptive of what it actually is. The creator limitation of not being to able to fix a single vehicle for a race comes to light on the selection screen as all utility vehicles can be chosen (how is a moped a utility vehicle Rockstar...). The caddy might be the only vehicle that performs better over the moped but a tight turn in the track will set players using caddies back, also it's easier to circumvent the traffic on the moped. The route is chosen well, not too long and ends at Franklins mothers house which is a fun detail and sticks to the theme of delivery. Checkpoints are well placed well. The race takes up to 8 people which is asking for a crash fest as all players are on identical vehicles and thus close together, the one person going for the caddy will surely make this worse. Duration wise it's about 2 minutes with a good enough payout. GTA mode hasn't been designed and basicly boils down to being able to shoot at each other without pickups. Rally mode is where this race really shines though with everyone being on identical vehicles it all comes down to who communicates best, then again as with all rally modes if the driver knows the circuit it's a done deal. All in all it's something different and for that it's worth playing.

Name: The Italian Job

Grade: 3/10

Verdict: Don't bother

Link: http://rsg.ms/1bV08Jc

Comments:

Bring out the Issi's, it's the Italian Job! Fun title that brings recognition to almost everyone. It does allow all compacts and can be played using motorcycles as well. Description does it's job in being clear what it is. The selection screen camera is really bad as you can only see a small portion of the selected vehicle it's nose. The start of the race is far from ideal with trees and traffic lights being in the way of a clean start. After a few checkpoints a stunt jump comes up that needs to be taken at 90 degree angle, bad design. Then it's off to the tunnels, some clear issues with checkpoint layout here, one hard left that is placed too far from the the actual corner (going up a ramp) and further down a checkpoint pointing straight when it's supposed to be pointing right. The creator obviously encountered this himself as a sign pointing to the right is placed there. The finish is right out of a small exit into the city drain, not fun when you are neck on neck. GTA mode hasnt been designed. The idea for a race themed on the Italian Job is great but this is just bad. The highlight of this race? Getting run over by the metro. You want a good tunnel race? Stick to the Rockstar created ones over this one any day.

Name: Around The World

Grade: 5/10

Verdict: Find another one

Link: http://rsg.ms/1bu4Mb8

Comments:

Around the World, a title that is as uninspired as it's layout from an originality point of view. The description has 6 exclamation marks for 8 words and lacks a capital. Could use work, hopefully the race itself will be better. This is the first around the world race that has been posted, as such a race was clearly lacking from the Rockstar offering, tons of them have been made by players so far. The deault settings are set to clear weather with traffic and wanted levels set to off, personally I'd prefer current weather with traffic and wanted levels set to on, then again it's changable to taste. The first checkpoint needs to be way closer to the grid as you can't see it, an issue that occurs more frequently on this track. A good thing with this track is that it's actually a lap and not a point to point version, that said why bother doing multiple laps as payout is maxed out halfway through the first lap anyway. But having the option to do so is a clear pro. Checkpoint placement overall isn't great, most are in the middle of the road, which can be an issue when playing with traffic set to on. Also you're bound to crash for sure coming onto the first corner on the east side of the highway unless you are watching your map or know that area by heart, that point definitely lacks a checkpoint. Another one that needs better direction through checkpoints is coming up the eastside tunnel. Props for the way the highway exit is handled, the checkpoint right after the exit is a disaster though. The one thing that really bothers me with this track is that it contains two stunt jumps that just flip you in the air. Completely pointless. In the end it's what it says it is, a huge circle race with an added surprise of two lame stunt jumps. Just screams untested first creation all the way through. If you want a good around the world race find another one, there have been made so many of these and I'm sure you'll be able to find way better ones. If you are into finding lame stunt jumps on your path add this.

Name: Eight track

Grade: 7/10

Verdict: Fun but needs some work

Link: http://rsg.ms/1bV3P1t

Comments: 

As uninspired names go Eight Track does it well, it is descriptive however. The description promises us to take us to a new level and recommends us doing so on motorbikes. Bring it on! Four laps is the default as are motorcycles, traffic is set to on so we'll go with that. The ability choose utility vehicles should be turned off for this race unless you like driving around for an hour on a lawnmower. Checkpoints are positioned a bit too close to each other, it could probably do with half the amount of checkpoints. An issue caused by this is clearly seen on the first turn which is a hard 90 degree left. You'll miss it as just before it is a checkpoint pointing straight forward. This most definitely needs some editing. That said, this track is fun. I would recommend playing it with traffic off though. Also other vehicles I didnt find to work that well on this map mainly caused by a 90 degree corner near a playground that causes you to slip into the playground area. So I would recommend the creator to turn off the other vehicles. On a fun level this race delivers, but a whole new experience? All in all it's a fun track though, decide for yourself if you can live with the noted issues.

Name: Los Santos Autobahn

Grade: 9/10

Verdict: Must add for duration racing fans

Link: http://goo.gl/BvmxIN

Comments:

Ah great title, Los Santos Autobahn, that certainly creates an expectation of highspeed action. The description furthers the expectation promising us limitless high speed dreams no less. Time to have my mechanic prep my Entity. Ow wow, this one wins the vehicle selection screen award thus far, traffic passing you left and right when you are making your car selection, very nice detail. Right off the bat it's clear that a lot of thought, care and love has gone into this one. Perfect checkpoint layout, very nice route, plenty of cornering and it delivers what it promises; speed and Autobahn experience. The race also delivers in rally mode, with the high speed adding a different layer but allowing enough time to communicate the checkpoints. GTA mode is very well designed as well and works nicely (only got to test that with 2 players as people join and leave when they see GTA mode). If there is one fault to this race then it would be it's length, which is a bit much at 10.66 miles and 6 minutes in supercars and as such will not appeal to everybody. That said this is a must have race for everybody that loves duration races, it's sticking around on my harddrive that's for sure.

Up next (currently playing and reviewing):

BMX Bandits

http://rsg.ms/1buEe9B

0.63 miles and 12 minutes of sheer agony for me on this one, maybe i shouldnt be reviewing BMX races lol.

City Bike Race
http://rsg.ms/1bUyjRo

Tour of Los Santos
http://rsg.ms/1buH4eD

quick tour hah 14 min

Deal With It!
http://rsg.ms/1buGQEz

Rocky Road
http://rsg.ms/1buJutZ

Autostrada Los Santos
http://rsg.ms/1c0VvgW

[Feel free to review any of the xbox races in that thread and I'll add your review to this post]

[If you want your own race reviewed post it in this http://gtaforums.com...e-your-content/ thread, reviews are done in order of posting order in that thread]

• kushnstien likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Can we post races we'd like you to review here?

If so I'd like mine reviewed please and thanks! :)

http://socialclub.ro...IA&platFormId=1

A very tough, tight and technical course for the more evolved racer.

xNinjaStarfishx
  • xNinjaStarfishx

Happy Happy Joy Joy

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Cool Idea. I can't wait to see how you like mine (page 4), bear in mind both races were made for the express purpose of getting CR, DTD and Commute racers.

Ebouc
  • Ebouc

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

If I did it right then this is link to mine.....http://socialclub.ro...Xy0eY7MM50KZNXQ

N0LA DEL3TE
  • N0LA DEL3TE

midnight toker

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by N0LA DEL3TE, 12 December 2013 - 05:00 PM.

Comments:

Around the World, a title that is as uninspired as it's layout from an originality point of view. The description is has 6 exclamation marks for 8 words and is lack a capital. Could use work, hopefully the race itself will be better. This is the first around the world race that has been posted, as one such a race was clearly lacking from the Rockstar offering tons of them have been made so far. The deault settings are set to clear weather with traffic and wanted levels set to off, personally I'd prefer current weather with traffic and wanted levels set to on, then again it's changable to taste. The first checkpoint needs to be way closer to the grid as you can't see it, an issue that occurs more frequently on this track. A good thing with this track is that it's actually a lap and not a point to point version, that said why bother doing multiple laps as payout is maxed out halfway through the first lap anyway. Checkpoint placement overall isn't great, most are in the middle of the road, which can be an issue when playing with traffic set to on. Also you're bound to crash for sure coming onto the first corner on the east side of the highway unless you are watching your map, that point definitely lacks a checkpoint. Another one that needs better direction through checkpoints is coming up the eastside tunnel. Props for the way the highway exit is handled, the checkpoint right after the exit is a disaster though. The one thing that really bothers me with this track is that it contains two stunt jumps that just flip you in the air. Completely pointless. In the end it's what it says it is, a huge circle race with an added surprise of two lame stunt jumps. Just screams untested first creation all the way through. If you want a good around the world race find another one, there have been made so many of these and I'm sure you'll be able to find way better ones. If you are into finding lame stunt jumps on your path add this.

First I'd like to say thanks for the review, it will help me make it better

This was just made to try out the CC, it was a race I wanted from day one of Online release. Made it just to try it. I have tested the race, and if you cant handle a flying car not my fault (I don't flip while airborne, but watch out not to fly off the bridge). I do appreciate the relatively "un-biased" review, I personally like insanely long endurance races (I run this with more than one lap and traffic turned on). I made it easy for those younger drivers that aren't that great at driving, esp with people trying to pit them and so on. Yes, it was my first creation, I am also working on a more complicated version of the same track with a GTA option for weapons and speed boosts, more jumps, and so on. As for the turn "you're bound to crash" on, the freeway is probably the most traveled road in the game (over all) and if you can't anticipate that turn, and slow down a little to make it, once again, not my fault. Check points wouldn't change the turn. I don't wreck on it and haven't in a long time, because I've been doing time trials around the freeway for a month now (my phone has a stop-watch, and I tap it with my toe.) Now, when it comes to the last major turn (on the on-ramp,) I agree that the checkpoint could be reworked to better show whats coming, and I will work on that. Like I said, I love that you took the time to race it, then review it. +1 for that! Would love to try out ones you're creating. And I will get to them (I think I added them yesterday, during my mass adding to game) 

Also, giving your own races "raving" reviews (esp when they are  the first ones you wrote) seems a little over-biased. That makes your other reviews seem less than genuine, and more oppinion based. Maybe, let someone else review your race first, before posting one of your own. 

But like I said, thanks for the review! And to other readers I hope they see through the opinions to the actual content.

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by DrAtomic, 12 December 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Disagree with

Comments:

Around the World, a title that is as uninspired as it's layout from an originality point of view. The description is has 6 exclamation marks for 8 words and is lack a capital. Could use work, hopefully the race itself will be better. This is the first around the world race that has been posted, as one such a race was clearly lacking from the Rockstar offering tons of them have been made so far. The deault settings are set to clear weather with traffic and wanted levels set to off, personally I'd prefer current weather with traffic and wanted levels set to on, then again it's changable to taste. The first checkpoint needs to be way closer to the grid as you can't see it, an issue that occurs more frequently on this track. A good thing with this track is that it's actually a lap and not a point to point version, that said why bother doing multiple laps as payout is maxed out halfway through the first lap anyway. Checkpoint placement overall isn't great, most are in the middle of the road, which can be an issue when playing with traffic set to on. Also you're bound to crash for sure coming onto the first corner on the east side of the highway unless you are watching your map, that point definitely lacks a checkpoint. Another one that needs better direction through checkpoints is coming up the eastside tunnel. Props for the way the highway exit is handled, the checkpoint right after the exit is a disaster though. The one thing that really bothers me with this track is that it contains two stunt jumps that just flip you in the air. Completely pointless. In the end it's what it says it is, a huge circle race with an added surprise of two lame stunt jumps. Just screams untested first creation all the way through. If you want a good around the world race find another one, there have been made so many of these and I'm sure you'll be able to find way better ones. If you are into finding lame stunt jumps on your path add this.

First I'd like to say thanks for the review, it will help me make it better

This was just made to try out the CC, it was a race I wanted from day one of Online release. Made it just to try it. I have tested the race, and if you cant handle a flying car not my fault (I don't flip while airborne, but watch out not to fly off the bridge). I do appreciate the relatively "un-biased" review, I personally like insanely long endurance races (I run this with more than one lap and traffic turned on). I made it easy for those younger drivers that aren't that great at driving, esp with people trying to pit them and so on. Yes, it was my first creation, I am also working on a more complicated version of the same track with a GTA option for weapons and speed boosts, more jumps, and so on. As for the turn "you're bound to crash" on, the freeway is probably the most traveled road in the game (over all) and if you can't anticipate that turn, and slow down a little to make it, once again, not my fault. Check points wouldn't change the turn. I don't wreck on it and haven't in a long time, because I've been doing time trials around the freeway for a month now (my phone has a stop-watch, and I tap it with my toe.) Now, when it comes to the last major turn (on the on-ramp,) I agree that the checkpoint could be reworked to better show whats coming, and I will work on that. Like I said, I love that you took the time to race it, then review it. +1 for that! Would love to try out ones you're creating. And I will get to them (I think I added them yesterday, during my mass adding to game) 

Also, giving your own races "raving" reviews (esp when they are  the first ones you wrote) seems a little over-biased. That makes your other reviews seem less than genuine, and more oppinion based. Maybe, let someone else review your race first, before posting one of your own. 

But like I said, thanks for the review! And to other readers I hope they see through the opinions to the actual content.

For starters the definition of a review is that they are always opinions that try to be informative. That out of the way; if you like jumps (that seems to be the core discussion point) then fair enough. It didn't have anything to do with flipping over or anything, it just feels completely out of place to me. I stand by my opinion on the matter especially since the description says nothing about them being in it. If you like them, keep them in, it's your race after all! By no means am I trying to dictate how you should make your race. With regards to the checkpoint before the turn, keep in mind that you can use checkpoints as a way to inform players, that is basicly the point I tried to bring across. Thank you for reading the review and sorry to be harsh, but I tried to be as honest as possible.

With regards to my own race up there (only one of the listed races is my own), I'll happily change the review and grade on it based on someone else reviewing it. But so far everybody has been raving about it and keeps wanting to replay it, I tried to be as harsh if not more towards my own race review but I can't fault it. I agree it may look a bit fishy with regards to the grade but I honeslty havent played anything better thus far. With regards to it being on the top, heh nothing wrong with a little self advertisement, it does take me about an hour per race to review so a little self reward is not out of place I reckon (grade and text aside as I tried to be as fair as I could).

Looking forward to your reviews!

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Lieutenant

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed Atomic Delivery.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by Hypertion, 13 December 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Thanks for your review of the Los Santos Autobahn. Glad to see you liked it^^ Motorcycles can clear it really fast since they can take the few corners without ever slowing down. i also decided to remove certain car classes (namely Utility) because i cant see anyone ever trying that long race on a Lawn mower and actually completing it.

I would like to note that the shorter "Autostrada Los Santos" I created is a scaled down to about 2 miles version so if you like the speed of the bigger one but dont like the length then that one might be more to your liking. Autostrada is Italian for Highway, a Refrence to the fact the race is entirely on a looped section of the Los Santos Highway. my only issue with it is that because its so short, simple and fast, it feels too much like another criminal records in some ways. Not a bad thing in some ways but not exactly a good thing either.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

Name: Eight track
Grade: 7/10
Verdict: Fun but needs some work
Link: http://rsg.ms/1bV3P1t
Comments: 
As uninspired names go Eight Track does it well, it is descriptive however. The description promises us to take us to a new level and recommends us doing so on motorbikes. Bring it on! Four laps is the default as are motorcycles, traffic is set to on so we'll go with that. The ability choose utility vehicles should be turned off for this race unless you like driving around for an hour on a lawnmower. Checkpoints are positioned a bit too close to each other, it could probably do with half the amount of checkpoints. An issue caused by this is clearly seen on the first turn which is a hard 90 degree left. You'll miss it as just before it is a checkpoint pointing straight forward. This most definitely needs some editing. That said, this track is fun. I would recommend playing it with traffic off though. Also other vehicles I didnt find to work that well on this map mainly caused by a 90 degree corner near a playground that causes you to slip into the playground area. So I would recommend the creator to turn off the other vehicles. On a fun level this race delivers, but a whole new experience? All in all it's a fun track though, decide for yourself if you can live with the noted issues.

thanks for the info I have started some work on, improving the level for me 4 was was just standard for people to try it out if you have a lobby with more players and a few more laps it can actually add to the level.
I have so far removed all cars and utilities. I have added support for GTA race.
also I have a plan to have no traffic and to block areas of the road so people clearly know where to go will be updating with this tomorrow :)

(I want to add some exploding barrels does any one know how or if they can be triggered?)
  • MrHollick likes this

VILLAformer
  • VILLAformer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

I'm waiting for your review of my race. It is in the third page. Hippodrome - hipodromo.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by kj2022, 13 December 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Sorry misread.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by MrHollick, 13 December 2013 - 01:15 AM.

I would be delighted if you reviewed my race for Xbox! Just remember the first check point and the stunt jumps are there for the difficulty factor not by accident. Also this is designed for motorcycles even though you can change to other vehicles, and the default is one lap it should really be three laps for best payout.

homefront.png

Preview the Race: Homefront Video

Add the Race: Homefront

Hope you enjoy!

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

Name: Eight trackGrade: 7/10Verdict: Fun but needs some workLink: http://rsg.ms/1bV3P1tComments: As uninspired names go Eight Track does it well, it is descriptive however. The description promises us to take us to a new level and recommends us doing so on motorbikes. Bring it on! Four laps is the default as are motorcycles, traffic is set to on so we'll go with that. The ability choose utility vehicles should be turned off for this race unless you like driving around for an hour on a lawnmower. Checkpoints are positioned a bit too close to each other, it could probably do with half the amount of checkpoints. An issue caused by this is clearly seen on the first turn which is a hard 90 degree left. You'll miss it as just before it is a checkpoint pointing straight forward. This most definitely needs some editing. That said, this track is fun. I would recommend playing it with traffic off though. Also other vehicles I didnt find to work that well on this map mainly caused by a 90 degree corner near a playground that causes you to slip into the playground area. So I would recommend the creator to turn off the other vehicles. On a fun level this race delivers, but a whole new experience? All in all it's a fun track though, decide for yourself if you can live with the noted issues.

thanks for the info I have started some work on, improving the level for me 4 was was just standard for people to try it out if you have a lobby with more players and a few more laps it can actually add to the level.I have so far removed all cars and utilities. I have added support for GTA race.also I have a plan to have no traffic and to block areas of the road so people clearly know where to go will be updating with this tomorrow :)(I want to add some exploding barrels does any one know how or if they can be triggered?)

I think over blocking the road so people are funneled around takes away from the races. There are check points with arrows to let people know where to go. However some direction is good, I've just seen too many races that basically have barriers from start to finish its silly.

I do like the idea of exploding barrels used sparring
Y they could be real fun!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users