Quantcast

» «
Photo

Were BMX bikes cut from the final version?

7 replies to this topic
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

There are at least a couple skate parks in Liberty City, exactly under the Broker Bridge in Algonquin and another near the Vespucci University, in the West River side.

I was messing around with the Sanchez motorbike and at the minimum aceleration the bike flew away from most of the ramps of the skate park, so this and the previous fact leads me to think that perhaps there were BMX bikes in the beta or, at least, planned to be implemented, what do you think?

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Maybe they planned to include bicycles early on (or even skateboards :p ), but I doubt it. I remember reading somewhere that R* said there would be no bicycles because it wouldn't fit with the New York setting or something like that...

Kwabs
  • Kwabs

Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

I remember reading somewhere that R* said there would be no bicycles because it wouldn't fit with the New York setting or something like that...

I really doubt they've said that. Well, at least not in that way I suppose. New York seems to be the first city in America that developed bike paths for their cyclists. And besides that every city in the world has cyclist, maybe not many but at least a few.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

It was something like that, I can't remember what I've read... Tried to google, but I couldn't find the article

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

I would imagine they where thought of since New York City is one of the most bicycle adaptable city in America

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

Maybe they planned to include bicycles early on (or even skateboards :p ), but I doubt it. I remember reading somewhere that R* said there would be no bicycles because it wouldn't fit with the New York setting or something like that...

Yeah, that's gotta be BS. Do they know how many people in New York ride bicycles?

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

It would not surprise me if they were cut, go and have a look at the pages on Beta on GTA Wiki and you will see that many great features were cut from GTA IV. It looks as though GTA IV was originally going to be more like the 3D Universe games and GTA V, but it was changed to a mainstream story driven approach.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'd guess that they either kept them in there for adventurous faggio riders, or it's simply for show.

The latter makes sense, though. You see all these barbershops in IV and you wonder why you can't give Niko dreadlocks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users