Photo

My jet literally broke apart mid-air

16 replies to this topic
Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:25 PM Edited by Mathew4296, 12 December 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Alright, so I had just lost my wanted level after I stole a jet from Zancudo. I saw another jet (not chasing me) so I decided to go after it and blow it out the sky for sh*ts and giggles. I couldn't catch it so I turned back to land, when I decided to take it as high as it will go. I reached the max height, then made my descent. Within seconds, my left wing broke off along with a few bits & pieces, sending me into barrel roll straight for the drink.

Has anybody else experienced this and can/or give an expanation?

P.S I didn't take any damage from enemies except for a couple rounds from cops when I was flying close to ground.
  • GTAboob likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

You reached max height, what else did you expected?

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Since the planes are real fragile, it wouldn't surprise me the couple rounds damaged your plane enough for it to, eventually, break apart.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

Well when theres a hole in your wing and the air blasts jn there at 400kmh its gonna hold for sure.

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

You reached max height, what else did you expected?

I've gone toto max height before and don't recall it happening.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

MAYDAYYYYY!!!!!

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

If your plane is damaged by only 1% it will eventually break down cuz thatz realizticz.

'Realism' ftw!  :v:

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by Sweettooth187, 12 December 2013 - 04:29 PM.

I love when the jet takes damage and the engine starts cutting out on you. Prior to the DLC that automatically gives you a parachute I'd hear that sound and be like, "Aww sh*t..."

I agree though, I think the minimal damage is what doomed you. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with the height. I often take the jet to max height just so I can cut off the engine and barrel roll all the way down, then cut the engine on at the last second and pull up hard. Technically you can keep flying with one or more wings missing. Hard as hell but I've done it.
  • Black & White likes this

Lysergio
  • Lysergio

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

I love when the jet takes damage and the engine starts cutting out on you. Prior to the DLC that automatically gives you a parachute I'd hear that sound and be like, "Aww sh*t..."

I agree though, I think the minimal damage is what doomed you. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with the height. I often take the jet to max height just so I can cut off the engine and barrel roll all the way down, then cut the engine on at the last second and pull up hard. Technically you can keep flying with one or more wings missing. Hard as hell but I've done it.

All air vehicles have always given you a parachute from day one I thought, no? I've never not had one when bailing out. 

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Since the planes are real fragile, it wouldn't surprise me the couple rounds damaged your plane enough for it to, eventually, break apart.

Yeah, I managed to hit a 747 taking off with a baggage cart and it made the beast crash horrifically on take off.

Not one scratch on the cart.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 12 December 2013 - 07:27 PM.

I flew away in a Luxor after going on a Rhino rampage with Franklin. As I was flying higher, I noticed the smoke from the engines growing larger and larger. Eventually the plane gave up and I had to base jump out of it.

So yeah, I think one shot on the engine causes it to get weaker and weaker, until it dies out.

ObscureSerenity
  • ObscureSerenity

Hand Me That Piano

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Did you haev your landing down still... that can be enough to unbalance your plane and make it start to fall to pieces too.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Bullsh*t. 

I regularly fly and I have never experienced something like this. Whenever I reach maximum height and try to force the plane higher, the engines give out and that's about it.

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

All air vehicles have always given you a parachute from day one I thought, no? I've never not had one when bailing out. 

Nope, if you look at the change log for the beach bum update, one of the things they mention is that you're automatically given one now when you enter air vehicles. Before that you either had to go buy one, or pick one up from a couple different locations, otherwise you fall and turn into spaghetti sauce.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

That sounds awesome- I'd love a perfect crash landing :)

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Bullsh*t. 

I regularly fly and I have never experienced something like this. Whenever I reach maximum height and try to force the plane higher, the engines give out and that's about it.

I assume that it happened because you flew out toward the ocean, beyond the game boundary.  The same thing happened to me last night, in a small prop plane.  The propeller stopped, then the wing fell off and the plane went down.  I was only a couple hundred feet above the water, so no time to open the chute.  I have tested the boundaries before and I think the planes fail like this. 

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

one time online while playing the mission Where you chase down cars in jets I was flying low and strafing the cars and a light pole on the highway got caught up between two of the missiles on the wing and was hanging there for about 30 to 45 seconds I was just flying with an entire light pole hanging off my wings until eventually it caused me to spin out of control and crash. It was hilarious

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users