Photo

Seeking Advice On Family Matter

37 replies to this topic
fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

Your brother is 4? I know you have to be around the age of 16, give or take a couple of years (because of the sound of your post).  I only read the first 5 paragraphs or so... so you may have touched upon this....(sorry, didn't feel like reading all that other stuff) I did however scroll to the bottom and read your final question about moving the PS3 to your room.

Your brother is 4 years old and doesn't know any better. Trust me, he really doesn't.  Your mom feels bad and guilty sometimes because she feels like she shows your little brother more attention and love than she does to you anymore. I know it might be awkward and uncomfortable, but ask her.  Ask her if she feels that way.

I'm also going to guess you have another sibling (possibly older?) (remember, I only read the first 5 paragraphs, if my post isn't making any sense, you can just ignore it).  Your mom wants peace and quiet.... and she finds it much easier to just tell YOU what to do because you will actually listen, rather than trying to yell/force/explain to your little brother why he needs to calm down and behave himself. She does this to you instead because she is just tired..... it takes a lot of work and sacrifices to be a parent and she just want to do things the easy way some times. That is why it seems like she focuses all her disciplinary actions toward you (it's easier to get you to listen).

As far as moving the PS3 to your room. Be patient. One day none of this will even matter and you'll be over it.  Maybe you can find games to play with your brother. You'll just have to be patient to play the games you want to play.  Even if it means waiting a year or 2. That's what I do with most games (but because I wait for them to drop in price).  I have a niece to is turning 3 in a couple of months and I can't wait to start Little Big Planet with her and play through that game all over again.  Am I worried about losing playing time on GTA V? Or another awesome game that's out? No, because of patience.  

I know I rambled on and I've said things you've heard before...... but really..... patience.  One day you will be living on your own (hopefully, not a personal shot at you, just saying) and you'll be able to do whatever you want (until you get married, then you get to do whatever SHE wants lol). 

• L0st-D4md and RaeTrillionaire like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

Holy f*cking sh*t too much text I just couldn`t read it.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

WWTD?

WWTDD*

...duh.

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Your brother is 4? I know you have to be around the age of 16, give or take a couple of years (because of the sound of your post).  I only read the first 5 paragraphs or so... so you may have touched upon this....(sorry, didn't feel like reading all that other stuff) I did however scroll to the bottom and read your final question about moving the PS3 to your room.

Your brother is 4 years old and doesn't know any better. Trust me, he really doesn't.  Your mom feels bad and guilty sometimes because she feels like she shows your little brother more attention and love than she does to you anymore. I know it might be awkward and uncomfortable, but ask her.  Ask her if she feels that way.

I'm also going to guess you have another sibling (possibly older?) (remember, I only read the first 5 paragraphs, if my post isn't making any sense, you can just ignore it).  Your mom wants peace and quiet.... and she finds it much easier to just tell YOU what to do because you will actually listen, rather than trying to yell/force/explain to your little brother why he needs to calm down and behave himself. She does this to you instead because she is just tired..... it takes a lot of work and sacrifices to be a parent and she just want to do things the easy way some times. That is why it seems like she focuses all her disciplinary actions toward you (it's easier to get you to listen).

As far as moving the PS3 to your room. Be patient. One day none of this will even matter and you'll be over it.  Maybe you can find games to play with your brother. You'll just have to be patient to play the games you want to play.  Even if it means waiting a year or 2. That's what I do with most games (but because I wait for them to drop in price).  I have a niece to is turning 3 in a couple of months and I can't wait to start Little Big Planet with her and play through that game all over again.  Am I worried about losing playing time on GTA V? Or another awesome game that's out? No, because of patience.  

I know I rambled on and I've said things you've heard before...... but really..... patience.  One day you will be living on your own (hopefully, not a personal shot at you, just saying) and you'll be able to do whatever you want (until you get married, then you get to do whatever SHE wants lol). 

That's actually very insightful, bro. I'm actually 18 and being the eldest child, I know its slightly easier to put a teen-adult in line than an ignorant pre-schooler. Hopefully GTA V will come out on PC and we can put this all behind us. YES, I want to live on my own but thankfully, my girlfriend understands we men need space. That trait better remain consistent by the time I'm 30 and GTA 7 has come out or something like that. :inlove:

Anyway, thanks for setting things straight for me. I think its my Patience and current trends forcing me into an awkward position.
I'm sure your niece will love LBP, with all the cute and colour in that game. Especially Sackboy's huge, eccentric smile. Hopefully, my brother will mature soon and we can do the same. Even better if the PS4 has decent G-rated games.

robban
  • robban

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

You seem like a responsible young lad, too bad your mom mess with your game play :evilgrin:

She should be grateful for having a son that is not messing around.

I hope it all works out for you somehow.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

Does anyone else even use the Ps3, I get you said communal but seriously, You're 18, Who bought it, Why not buy one for yourself or just move out

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

We have obnoxious younger siblings or at least know that feeling. They make you want to GRAB them by the NECKS and SQUEEZE until there is NOTHING LEFT OF IT

34647312.jpg

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 13 December 2013 - 05:44 PM.

Like, around 60% of you, I actually try to see past GTA V's broken aspects and enjoy the gameplay. However, I have a little problem correlating my household conformity to GTA V.

So my final question for those tl;dr

How can I convince my Mum to let me move the OPEN HOUSE PS3 into my room, which has very little if anything to do with her?

I know, I know, I may seem like a massive b*tch with the way I'm putting this, but its a rough transitional phase of my life, and I dare say its even slower and rougher for my dear mother who can't see that I'M A BIG BOY NOW! (read that orange part in a Trevor voice)

Because I know, we've all been there before to some extent.

7SFRSo8.png

Seriously, not to be an asshole as this is a serious suggestion,

Get a job and buy your own PS3.  They aren't too expensive these days, and you are an admitted adult.  Do the adult thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users