Photo

Seeking Advice On Family Matter

37 replies to this topic
L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Like, around 60% of you, I actually try to see past GTA V's broken aspects and enjoy the gameplay. However, I have a little problem correlating my household conformity to GTA V.

Most of us, we have obnoxious younger siblings or at least know that feeling. They make you want to GRAB them by the NECKS and SQUEEZE until there is NOTHING LEFT OF IT

You get the idea...

Anyway, I have to play GTA V on PS3 due to that the PC version hasn't been confirmed - let alone released as of yet. Sadly, my PS3 is in a communal area of the house where my parents, siblings, even the dog can tread without fear. My little four year old brother hates it when I use the PS3, and even when hes not squealing and yelling about it, he is climbing on the couch and annoying me at the VERY F*CKING LEAST!

At that point, my Mum usually just tells me to get off the PS3 - not because I'm doing anything wrong. Simply put, its to shut the selfish thing up. Furthermore, shes one of those overprotective mothers who tries to shelter their children from violence and doesn't like my bro watching me play GTA. That part is understandable, and as much of a cynic as I am, I do believe he'll only be more of a spoiled prick if he truly knows what goes on in that game.

This is the part I don't like....

Relatively speaking, its not my brother that is the problem at all. It is actually my mother. She only lets me actually put my feet up and play GTA V when hes not around. and by not around, I mean either in bed or totally more than 200 yards away from the house. Usually, the best time for me to play is when hes at Pre-School or when hes gone to bed.

My little brother usually goes to bed at about 7:15pm, meaning I can play around there. Of course, I try to start a little early if hes in trouble, distracted enough or whatever reason. Since my Mum prefers to go to bed at 9:00pm, she doesn't like me staying out in the lounge room past then, or even 8:30 if shes a tired sadist. I get it, shes an early bird, but I'm having trouble convincing her that I'm not a child anymore, its my game and that I'm not able to play it enough because of him [my brother]

^ That same rule more or less applies to my stepdad, but its very...very relaxed (Use your imagination)

Even though I wear headphones during gameplay, my Mum won't let me play it around my brother, or after LIGHTS OUT for her. I understand she has her own agenda, but can I not say the same? She just doesn't understand that we gamers are nocturnal creatures, we need space and we need time.

I've been trying to convince her to let me move the PS3 into my room and hook it up to my PC (Again, its a communal PS3), but unfortunately she once put bluntly

"Its not your choice"

Honestly, how is it not my choice? She claims it affects everybody, but in truth it doesn't really affect her at all in a negative way if I'm trying to distance herself from the things she doesn't like. I told her I would only keep it in my room at night (Its fair on everybody), but I'm still having trouble convincing her to let up. I do casually bring the topic up sometimes, but she always tries to break conversation. My little brother is getting off Pre-School soon so my two days a week are virtually extinct. She says we'll worry about it when that happens, but that's just her polite way of saying "NO! F*CK OFF AND STICK TO GTA IV ON YOUR PC"

YES! My mother is a control freak, she aims to control every part of existence, even elements beyond her jurisdiction. It must be genetic as I prefer to do my gaming in peace and I prefer to maintain that. If there is something going on, she wants to know about it, which is probably why I don't have a stable girlfriend in fear of telling my mother every little feeling held up inside my heart.

Before you answer my question, A little about me - for those who analyze mental health in these situations

• I'm 18 years old, living with family of course
  • I'm a Student intending to go to University and/or TAFE next year
  • I have been doing volunteer work experience two days a week due to unable to find job openings
  • I'm not the most mature of my spiecies, but when you compare me to the drinkers and ravers and criminals, my parents take me for granted
  • I have had history with depression, anxiety and more recently, anger problems
  • Being said, I have been having fits of rage, but I'm trying to hold it in and get better
  • That may be doing more harm than good, as I feel worse every day
  • I have been attending therapy, but it is on hiatus being unable to make an appointment
  • As cliche as it seems, I think the lack of consistent time for GTA V has been among the factors in my anger :jackthompson:
  • Although we had our fights, I always try to show my Mum and my brother that I love them very much and would be l0st without them
  • A lot of my friends play GTA ten hours a day. I'm not like that, but there's always jealously.
  • and like every young adult, I would jump at the opportunity to move out...
  • ...with the financial security of course
  • and finally, I've thought about selling GTA V at one point, because this issue is really getting on my nerves.
  • Even though its too late to refund, I can still sell it for a fair coin and put it TOWARDS THE GTA V PC VERSION WHEN IT F*CKING COMES OUT!

So my final question for those tl;dr

How can I convince my Mum to let me move the OPEN HOUSE PS3 into my room, which has very little if anything to do with her?

I know, I know, I may seem like a massive b*tch with the way I'm putting this, but its a rough transitional phase of my life, and I dare say its even slower and rougher for my dear mother who can't see that I'M A BIG BOY NOW! (read that orange part in a Trevor voice)

Because I know, we've all been there before to some extent.

7SFRSo8.png

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

kickin' the gong around

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

http://gtaforums.com...um/1-off-topic/

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

dMKiXK8.jpg

• Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 12 December 2013 - 11:17 AM.

1. Hit your brother in the head with the PS3 gamepad.

2. Tie your brother up,

3. Put him in the trunk of your car.

4. Drive and park the car on some railway tracks further than 200 yards from you.

5. Go back to your house.

6. Peacefully enjoy the game.

• L0st-D4md likes this

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:19 AM Edited by Massive Roy, 12 December 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Edit- sorry, must remember to read whole post before answering..

As you were...

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'M A BIG BOY NOW! (read that orange part in a Trevor voice)

I read that orange part in a Wildbrick voice instead, but it still works I suppose :p

OT: Try playing the lottery, and maybe you might win enough to buy a new PS3.. or a house.  

• L0st-D4md likes this

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

TL;DR

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

If the PS3 and GTA V is yours, just move the console into your room - it's your property and you decide where to put it. And if your mom protests - then you are an 18 year old man, MAN UP!

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

I think you should just relax man. You're still able to play the game, just not quite as often as you'd like. The PC version will be released pretty soon anyway.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think you should just relax man. You're still able to play the game, just not quite as often as you'd like. The PC version will be released pretty soon anyway.

In a few weeks or so...

• GTAboob likes this

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

1. Play it when the scrote is in bed

2. See No. 1

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by L0st-D4md, 12 December 2013 - 12:25 PM.

If the PS3 and GTA V is yours, just move the console into your room - it's your property and you decide where to put it. And if your mom protests - then you are an 18 year old man, MAN UP!

I think I am beyond reasoning at this point. I think I should just buy the necessary cables and JUST DO IT.

EDIT: It was my Dad who bought the PS3, but its getting old and I'm the only one who actually uses it.

and yes, I bought GTA V with my own money as a legal adult

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

WWTD?
  • L0st-D4md likes this

strictly4myninja
  • strictly4myninja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Just pickup that PS3 and move it into your room, plug & play.

When your moms disagrees with this decision be cool with it, dont make a big deal of it.. "ok moms you caught me ill put it back"

Repeat this proces over and over, and ill garantee you you will win this battle, every mom will give in eventually dude.

Just make her see how important this sh*t is to you!

• robban likes this

LubeMan
  • LubeMan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Your parent's house, your parent's rules.

Are you eating their food? Are you using their toilet? Are you using their electricity?

You don't like it, move out. Move in with a few friends. Share an apartment with 2 or 3 of your friends and pay $250 a month. A part time job at a grocery store will pay for that. They'd probably be happy you left, as now their bills would go down by a third.

Your 18 dude. Time to spread your wings and leave the nest. I never understood why men (your 18. You're a man) stay home and live in the same room they learned how to masturbate in. Get out. Make it work. Move out. I went to school, worked at a grocery store, and lived with my friends. Wasn't the nicest apartment. Wasn't the best neighborhood. But it was affordable and I got the f*ck out.

Mom doesn't care how important it is that you play video games. Mom cares about that four year old. You're a man. You should understand or GTFO.
  • Governator and TimelyMeerkat like this

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Try get a job and move out as soon as you can. f*ck putting up with that as an adult.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

In hindsight I think it was a rather bad idea asking a serious question on this forum. Anyway,best advice I could give is to either wait until GTA V comes out on PC or pull your mother aside and have a serious talk with her about you finally being an adult and how she needs to respect that.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Change all the clocks in the house and when they walk in and catch you playing, scream at them about how they should be in bed and how they're ruining your me time.

Or just hit up the bathroom and smear your protest all over the walls. 

• TOWILS likes this

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I have another idea. If you can get the money, make a proposition to your mum that if you buy the little f*cker his own PS2, you can have the PS3 in your room. A 4 year old doesn't need to play a PS3. PS2's are cheap as hell these days anyway.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

You're 18. Save up for a cheap monitor, put it in your room and hook it up to your PS3 via DVI to HDMI:

http://www.novatech....6yla.t8e...html

or

http://www.amazon.co...19 inch monitor

Cable:

http://www.amazon.co...rds=HDMi to DVI

Done.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

If you're not working, I assume you're not helping towards bills, rent etc, so I'd have to say that unfortunately what your mum says, goes.
Have you tried speaking to your dad about this? If you can get him on your side, the 2 of you might be able to 'gang up' on your mum and get what you want. Also, offer to do work around the house if you can have the ps3 etc.

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

tldr sorry m8

Juggernate007
  • Juggernate007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Your mom is overprotective. Tell her your getting a job and moving out and she will cave on anything you want because shes afraid of you out on your own.

Your 18, you need your own space tho anyway. Even if you fail and have to move back home at least you tried and the taste of freedom will make you work harder to get that back.

I joined the military at your age and it was the best thing ever. I also had anger problems so it worked for me perfect. You forget the little things that piss you off in the middle of a firefight. They no longer seem such a big deal after sh*t like that. I think it would be a great experience to shove you into manhood.

Unimatrix666
  • Unimatrix666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

I am 29  but I have a different problem I am married and My wife hates the fact I even want to find time to play a game " oh its just a game it wil be there later blah blah " sure its just a game but a man wants to kick back relax do his own thing  lol

• Fuzzknuckles and robban like this

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

The opening post of the Year! :beerhat:

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

WWTD?

Trevor would just sit down and shut up like me.

Your parent's house, your parent's rules.

Are you eating their food? Are you using their toilet? Are you using their electricity?

You don't like it, move out. Move in with a few friends. Share an apartment with 2 or 3 of your friends and pay $250 a month. A part time job at a grocery store will pay for that. They'd probably be happy you left, as now their bills would go down by a third.

Your 18 dude. Time to spread your wings and leave the nest. I never understood why men (your 18. You're a man) stay home and live in the same room they learned how to masturbate in. Get out. Make it work. Move out. I went to school, worked at a grocery store, and lived with my friends. Wasn't the nicest apartment. Wasn't the best neighborhood. But it was affordable and I got the f*ck out.

Mom doesn't care how important it is that you play video games. Mom cares about that four year old. You're a man. You should understand or GTFO.

Try get a job and move out as soon as you can. f*ck putting up with that as an adult.

If you're not working, I assume you're not helping towards bills, rent etc, so I'd have to say that unfortunately what your mum says, goes.
Have you tried speaking to your dad about this? If you can get him on your side, the 2 of you might be able to 'gang up' on your mum and get what you want. Also, offer to do work around the house if you can have the ps3 etc.

I do chores, but thats not contributing at all xD

I keep telling them I would 'contribute', help pay bills and stuff like that if only I had a job.
My Dad is pretty much my Mum's plaything (Or is it the other way around? Either way I'm powerless)

I have actually thought about joining the Military (or at least the Army reserve) and as I keep getting older, it becomes more clear to me. Although I'm sure it'll be more emotionally traumatizing than disagreements with my parents, It may quell my anger rather than encourage it.

I have another idea. If you can get the money, make a proposition to your mum that if you buy the little f*cker his own PS2, you can have the PS3 in your room. A 4 year old doesn't need to play a PS3. PS2's are cheap as hell these days anyway.

YES!!!! I don't get why children under the age of 8 (or even 13) are allowed to game anyway lel

I am 29  but I have a different problem I am married and My wife hates the fact I even want to find time to play a game " oh its just a game it wil be there later blah blah " sure its just a game but a man wants to kick back relax do his own thing  lol

^ I think you are the person I agree with most, since you're not a critic or a troll.

LubeMan
  • LubeMan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

Alright dude, I've thought about this. Here's what you do. Next time your mom's giving you sh*t, turn off the TV. Sit next to her on the couch, and tell her the two of you need to have a serious talk. Look her in the eyes, and place your hand on her leg. Slowly slide your hand up her thigh, ever so gently lifting her skirt until her panties are just barely exposed. Lean in close, so you can smell your mom's neck, her hair. Softly whisper in her ear "Is dad home?"

When she says "No", slowly put your tongue in your mom's ear. Lick around the backside of her ear, down to the top of her neck. Mom's love this. Anyway, as you're doing the licking and kissing, you've moved your hand in between your mom's legs. You can feel the heat and wet. Now take your mom's hand and put it on your crotch. You feel your mom grip your throbbing member. Yeah, she's getting turned on! You slide back your mom's panties, exposing her. Your mom begins to grind on your hand. Now she's moaning. Your exposed manhood is in her grip. She's jacking you, your fingering her. She has an orgasm and you explode in your mom's hand. As you and your mom lean back, covered in semen and vagina juice, that's when you tell her that you need to put the PS3 in your room. Trust me dude. This is a sure fire plan. Let us know how it goes.
  • Governator likes this

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

Alright dude, I've thought about this. Here's what you do. Next time your mom's giving you sh*t, turn off the TV. Sit next to her on the couch, and tell her the two of you need to have a serious talk. Look her in the eyes, and place your hand on her leg. Slowly slide your hand up her thigh, ever so gently lifting her skirt until her panties are just barely exposed. Lean in close, so you can smell your mom's neck, her hair. Softly whisper in her ear "Is dad home?"

When she says "No", slowly put your tongue in your mom's ear. Lick around the backside of her ear, down to the top of her neck. Mom's love this. Anyway, as you're doing the licking and kissing, you've moved your hand in between your mom's legs. You can feel the heat and wet. Now take your mom's hand and put it on your crotch. You feel your mom grip your throbbing member. Yeah, she's getting turned on! You slide back your mom's panties, exposing her. Your mom begins to grind on your hand. Now she's moaning. Your exposed manhood is in her grip. She's jacking you, your fingering her. She has an orgasm and you explode in your mom's hand. As you and your mom lean back, covered in semen and vagina juice, that's when you tell her that you need to put the PS3 in your room. Trust me dude. This is a sure fire plan. Let us know how it goes.

I began reading this thinking you were serious...then I started laughing like a motherf*cker (Yes, that pun was intended)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

Idk so neither your mom or stepdad bought the PS3? Your dad bought it for you it's yours to do what the f*ck you want with it. Yeah it's your mom's house but what difference does it make the room it is in? Just take it. Tell her that you bought the game and you want to f*cking play it.

Respect your brother and you mom though.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

I really don't know what the f*ck is wrong with people nowadays. That was funny though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users