Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

Title tells it all. What is your favourite:

Gta IV

The Lost and Damned

The ballad of Gay tony

Tell your favorite protagonist of the three if you want.

I think I liked The lost and damned the most. Then cames IV. I didn't hate TBOGT, but I usually only play it for the multiplayer.

(And from some reason, TBOGT is the only I've 100%)

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

IV without a doubt. Main thread may be rather typical (revenge), but characters including Niko and the whole backstory and details turned into one memorable experience. 

TLaD gets the second place as it was cool, but sometimes forced (the scene with Billy's arrest). 

TBoGT is mess, made only to fulfill the needs of over the top gameplay fans. It wasn't bad, but I prefer much more serious games and TBoGT wasn't exactly in my taste. 

• Jeansowaty likes this

thejack0ff
  • thejack0ff

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

GTA IV. it was perfect for a city based off of New York, an immigrant's life.

Plus the Deal ending... it still gives me the chills when I think about it. It was such a dark game, even with fun things like stealing cars the main plot was just epic... and the twisted ending, brought a tear to my eye.

• albanyave, Jeansowaty and Near137 like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

1) GTA IV.

2) TLAD.

3) TBOGT.

• Wolfhuman, lol232, Mr_Leone and 2 others like this

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

GTA IV is best and TLAD is second. TBOGT included nice features but story wasn't as good as first two.

• Jeansowaty likes this

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

I hated TLAD. It had great potential but they sh*t on it, it was stupid and quite unrealistic in my eyes. TBOGT was actually kind of interesting in the beginning, but like TLAD it ended up being a sh*t show.

The main story is the only good story, and the only one I actually enjoyed from start to finish. :) I loved the decision making.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

1. gta 4

2. tlad

3. tbogt

1. johnny

2. niko

3. luis

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

Νiko's story. 

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

-_-

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

GTA IV has the best story out of the three. It is very in depth and lets you get connected to the character of Niko as if it was more like reality than a game, it's also great that they chose a dark themed story in a game set in what can be considered as 'The Worst Place in America' (Liberty City). All the Characters are very memorable as well and all play a great part in the game and are acted out well.

Second for me, would be TLAD, it was pretty cool to experience a different kind of story in a GTA. The only thing I disliked was that, as JordCorner says, there was a lot of potential that Rockstar didn't efficiently develop.

TBOGT was a good game in terms of Gameplay but the story was the worst of the 3 by far.

• lol232 and Jeansowaty like this

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I hated TLAD. It had great potential but they sh*t on it, it was stupid and quite unrealistic in my eyes. TBOGT was actually kind of interesting in the beginning, but like TLAD it ended up being a sh*t show.

The main story is the only good story, and the only one I actually enjoyed from start to finish. :) I loved the decision making.

TBoGT is way more unrealistic than TLaD.

Anyway,
1. IV
2. TLaD
3. TBoGT
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

GTA IV story of course.

2nd The ballad of Gay tony

3rd The Lost and Damned

Niko was my favourite of those three.

And only done IV 100% so far.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

Sorry, I mistyped, I meant best of the three games, (I dont know what I was thinking) but as this is going great, let's keep with the Story opinion.

Best story is in IV.

Tlad comes then.

Finally Tbogt.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

The Lost and Damned is certainly my favourite storyline of the Impossible Trinity. I often liken it to Red Dead Redemption in the way that it portrays the protagonist reaching the top and then plunging down into the very depths of the bottom. The final scene of The Lost and Da,Ned is absolutely beautiful, the music is absolutely perfect and it still gives me chills to this day, much like the final scene of a Red Dead Redemption, the one you all know I'm talking about. The Lost and Damned was a fantastic game, I wasn't a huge fan of bikie culture before playing the game but the story of The Lost and Damned turned my opinion around completely on that matter. I probably give the game a 9.6/10

GTA IV is great game too, probably one of my most played GTA games when you take into account singleplayer and multiplayer. Niko's story was amazing and I think they went into his background just enough to be interesting yet not too detailed so as to keep his dark history mysterious. His actions throughout the game, although they would obviously be more than frowned upon in real life society, were inspiring throughout the plot and showed the dedication that he had to look after his cousin, Roman. Whichever ending the player chose I guarantee would leave them in awe for the first time, and in my case the next few times I replayed the story. If I were to rate the game I'd give it a 9.5/10

I make it no secret on this forum that I absolutely despise The Ballad of Gay Tony and it is by far my least favourite of any of the Grand Theft Auto games. The games was so forced and so stupidly silly that it ruined the darkness of Niko and Johnny's stories with a glitzy, glamorous side of the story which was never there to begin with (see GTA IV). The point of Liberty City, and Alderney for that matter, was that it was the darkest corner of the United States and its gloomy, grittiness completely overshadowed any nightclub culture that the city had. Yusuf Amir's missions were completely stupid and unnecessary, and I think the game had so much potential that was wasted away by Rockstar when they released this sad excuse for a game. If someone made me rate the game I would give it a 2/10.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

In love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

IV without a doubt. Main thread may be rather typical (revenge), but characters including Niko and the whole backstory and details turned into one memorable experience. 

TLaD gets the second place as it was cool, but sometimes forced (the scene with Billy's arrest). 

TBoGT is mess, made only to fulfill the needs of over the top gameplay fans. It wasn't bad, but I prefer much more serious games and TBoGT wasn't exactly in my taste. 

Pretty much what this guy said.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

GTA IV would always be my number one. It's atmosphere and the scope of it's story followed by a very depth of grittiness and grime of the setting made it entirely incredible. Niko's backstory coupled with amazing characters ranging from the optimists Roman and Brucie to the pessimists like Dwayne and Packie and the corrupts like the ULC Paper and that Vladdy boy truly made it a formidable scene.

TLAD is also a great story. At first I like TBoGT more since I played right before TLAD but my views on the former change gradually when I played the latter. The feeling of GTA IV exists in the story and like what @Linc said that it compares itself to RDR, I also realize the similarities to it as well.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

its between IV and TLAD for me. TLAD was deep, but it was rushed i feel. IV had an amazing story that went into detail. if i had to rank, i'd put IV in first, TLAD in second and TBOGT third. TBOGT was just there for sh!ts and giggles, the missions were outrageously fun, but the story was crap.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

GTA IV without a doubt had the best story.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

GTA IV is definitely the game with the best story. I don't know what it really is, but out of all protagonists in the series, Niko is the one I feel the most connected to. He is an interesting person, and he can be quite bitter yet humorous. I can feel that he is full of hate due the terrible things that happened during the war, a decade prior the events of IV. That's one part of the story I really like; there is a fleshed out background story, a reason for all of the protagonist's actions, and more. That are all things that lacked in previous installments. The story isn't simply about some random guy who works his way up - there's more depth to it, and you notice that Rockstar really cared about the events throughout the game. GTA IV's story is maybe not very special and it doesn't compete with movies now, but I think it does better than the majority of videogames out there. And that is what matters, and this the reason why praising the story-line is justified, in my opinion.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

GTA Vice City Reloaded Project Leader

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

1. IV

2. TLaD

3. TBoGT

• Jeansowaty likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Unrealistic? 

In TBOGT - Luis asked to steal a helicopter which is landed on a boat and then to kill everyone on board. He then disrespects a Russian Mafia bosses and takes him on. He kills over 50 Russian Mafia members in the Massionate Nightclub and kills Russian Mafia members at the front of the club. How can a small-time drug dealer end up taking on the Russian Mafia.

TL&D was perfectly realistic. Like similar cases in reality, motorcycle clubs have rivalries and attack each other. Billy had just came out of rehabilitation and wanted to settle old debts. He didn't like the fact that the Lost MC were allies of their former arch enemies. He took on everyone. The unrealistic moments were probably at the end when Johnny and his friends raged through the prison.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

I liked them all - and technically, they are all the same story, revolving around the Diamonds and the Heroin. If anyone doesn't like one of them, I assume it is because they don't like the Characters or the missions. But the plot is the same - we just see it from another perspective.

If I had to pick, it would be IV because it has more of the story. Gameplay wise I enjoyed them all, my only gripe was TLAD was too short - I blasted through it in one day. I liked it, it could have done with a few more missions though.

• albanyave likes this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

TLAD

IV

TBOGT

Why isn't this a poll?

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Niko's story.  It was longer and had more depth and detail.  The other two tied up loose ends which added even more details to Niko's story.

• Jeansowaty likes this

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

1original 2ballad 3lost

Quite suprised that most of you like TLAD more,

doors8077
  • doors8077

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:47 PM Edited by doors8077, 06 January 2014 - 02:48 PM.

The Lost and Damned

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

Shaq now teleports!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

1. IV - The main story that showed off a lot of emotions from especially Niko's past.
  2. TBoGT - I really like the cool features such as the buzzard and the episodic weapons such as the LMG and P90. Being the Dominican nightclub manager, Luis Lopez was a quite fun experience. Characters like Henrique, Amando, Yusuf and Gay Tony could make an easy smile on my face. TBoGT also gives some good memories, when I was playing with my friend in a dark room, at night, in the summer. You know - those nice times you might wish came back...
  3. TLAD - To be honest, I have not played this game so much. I'm not a sissy, but to live into the role as a hardcore criminal biker was a bit of a challenge for me. I just couldn't fit into the game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users