Is it just me,

49 replies to this topic
Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

...or has free roam become A LOT more aggressive in the last couple of weeks?
I spent a couple of hours in a free roam lobby last night, I did no missions or death matches and when I checked my stats afterwards I had 39 player kills and had been killed 22 times.
The whole of downtown was one big war zone.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

Not five minutes ago I just saw people saying how much nicer it is lately.

Nothing has changed as far as general attitudes go. Passives be passive, glitchers be glitchin, griefers be griefin

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Downtown is and always has been a sh*thole. It attracts all the materialistic douchebags whose main aim of the game is to buy the most expensive sh*t possible because they don't know what else to do with their lives.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Not five minutes ago I just saw people saying how much nicer it is lately.

Lol yeah, i'll again say that it's been quite pleasant lately.

There's still brutal wars when you start them, but i'm not seeing as many dicks pulling stupid sh*t.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

It's more aggressive because you've got the freedom of blowing up 100 PVs and not getting put into bad sport, I haven't been bad sport for weeks, since patch 1.05 I think, anyway I've bed. Dodgy player loads of times just shook it off by gaining 5 stars and roaming around

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Last couple of nights I see a lot of people idle.

they leave their ps controller while they are still in game.

giving me 10 mins of rage, last night killed a guy 25 times before he noticed.

this is like the fifth time that happened this week, good for melee kills and kdr :lol:

Zondar
  • Zondar

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:00 AM Edited by KnobCheez, 12 December 2013 - 09:01 AM.

Maybe it's a time zone thing.
I'm in Europe and it just seems as if more people are shooting on sight than were before when I'm on.
I'm not complaining.
Generally speaking I don't shoot first, but I'm happy enough to engage in combat if someone else does.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Downtown is and always has been a sh*thole. It attracts all the materialistic douchebags whose main aim of the game is to buy the most expensive sh*t possible because they don't know what else to do with their lives.

yeah man, i really hope that rockstar offers some higher end residences outside of the los santos metro area, 'cause i want to move the hell out of town but don't want to live in a trailer park.

• Diesleman likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

I haven't noticed it, still meeting 93% assholes. 
But I have to mention that free aim sessions are a lot more friendly.

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

93%?

You are really unlucky, then :)

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

93%?

I know.
Some days it's only like 90% of them though. Best days of my life

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

93%?

I know.

i usually encounter 2-4 douche's per lobby, most of em are full.

So that would equal a max of 25%.. 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

I was in a nice session yesterday, like 7 people were hanging out at the LSC near vinewood and nobody was being a dick.

Some guy was on a BMX jumping over peoples cars and even a guy in a chrome Adder didn't blow anybody up.

Luck of the draw I guess.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

I was in a nice session yesterday, like 7 people were hanging out at the LSC near vinewood and nobody was being a dick.

Some guy was on a BMX jumping over peoples cars and even a guy in a chrome Adder didn't blow anybody up.

yeah man, you know you're in a friendly session when you're on a goddamn bmx and you don't have five jerkoffs trying to run you down.

93%?

I know.

i'm guessing that for female players, it is closer to 99.9% asshole encounters in this game. i remember the ones i played with in rdr had it pretty rough. impotent males in the real world exacting their vengeance in a pixelated one. quite sad really.

• senormidget and BuyMeTheMoon like this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

yeah man, i really hope that rockstar offers some higher end residences outside of the los santos metro area, 'cause i want to move the hell out of town but don't want to live in a trailer park.

Dude just man up and do it you feel like a badass best move you ever made. I recommend moving next to an airstrip so you have instant access to the skies as soon as you join free roam, and you can move in on any player or free mode objective. 

Furthermore going to a quiet spot outside of LS makes surviving bounties way more fun, you draw the lobby into your own world. Do it.

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

yeah man, you know you're in a friendly session when you're on a goddamn bmx and you don't have five jerkoffs trying to run you down.

93%?

I know.

i'm guessing that for female players, it is closer to 99.9% asshole encounters in this game. i remember the ones i played with in rdr had it pretty rough. impotent males in the real world exacting their vengeance in a pixelated one. quite sad really.

That would be true, if said female player tries to get attention.. 

I've played with several female's (including RL friends) and they were never harassed, even with obvious GT's

Though i get your point and know it's a common thing on the internet, but i believe some females are bringing it upon themselves.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Almost everyone as always been a "sh*t dick."  :lol:

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Dude just man up and do it you feel like a badass best move you ever made. I recommend moving next to an airstrip so you have instant access to the skies as soon as you join free roam, and you can move in on any player or free mode objective. 

Furthermore going to a quiet spot outside of LS makes surviving bounties way more fun, you draw the lobby into your own world. Do it.

you know what man, i think i just might. thanks for the pep talk. :D

• Magick likes this

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

A BMX and an Adder in the same place!. Sorry but my rage would have taken over and that area would be Hiroshima.

I cant go near that LSC without some douche turning up for a cheap grief  

• senormidget likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by marco-polo, 12 December 2013 - 09:58 AM.

A BMX and an Adder in the same place!. Sorry but my rage would have taken over and that area would be Hiroshima.

:D

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

I've played with several female's (including RL friends) and they were never harassed, even with obvious GT's

Though i get your point and know it's a common thing on the internet, but i believe some females are bringing it upon themselves.

I guess that is true, though I don't try to get anyones attention, at least not to show them that I'm a female.
People have very different opinions about this. Some say that girls get a hard time, some say they don't, but at last I guess it's a lot about being lucky.

Donmillss
  • Donmillss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

I always see men chasing women when I'm playing gta online lol. Some try to kill the women some try to get the girls in their car and stuff.

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

You gotta love tank griefers. Just grab a random car or PV, put a load of sticky bombs on it and just drive straight into them. You car explodes because of them, sticky bombs explode ----> No more tank and paid insurance for your car.

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:32 AM Edited by OMFGSolaX, 12 December 2013 - 11:37 AM.

I guess that is true, though I don't try to get anyones attention, at least not to show them that I'm a female.
People have very different opinions about this. Some say that girls get a hard time, some say they don't, but at last I guess it's a lot about being lucky.

Perception differs, which is a good point, because otherwise we would have no discussions at all :)

I won't disagree with you on luck and i can't speak out of your position, since we really haven't played that much together, so i don't know if you are harassed or not.

The problem i see most people / douche's have is just a certain tunnelvision and/or using the internet as a place of refuge, which is a bad thing, since they never reflect on them as a person and get peer pressured even further.

But that's another topic for another discussion, which probably should not be held here in this forum.

If people are getting harassed, the best solution would be to ignore them. Either they will get pissed at you, in which case you really have bad luck or they will give up.

Speaking to them might help in some cases... but yeah, the only time i did it, i got suspended from Live for a week, so it might not be the best option either.

While still calm and collected, you have to use stricter words sometimes to get them realize, how hard they really f*cked up.

edit:

It was another game and another situation, but afterwards he thanked me. Though one of the other reported me probably.. Well nevermind, past is past. :)

somehow this last part got eaten by the forum.

ChristmasDLC
  • ChristmasDLC

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

buymethemoon pls

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:35 AM Edited by dannybohy, 12 December 2013 - 11:36 AM.

All bicyclists should and will be shot on sight.

This is not classed as griefing, just natrual selection. 

• internet badass killer likes this

Zondar
  • Zondar

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

^^^ "Watch out! We got a badass over here"

(On phone so can't copy and paste pics)

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

You gotta love tank griefers. Just grab a random car or PV, put a load of sticky bombs on it and just drive straight into them. You car explodes because of them, sticky bombs explode ----> No more tank and paid insurance for your car.

Every time i drive into them, my car just rebounds and doesn't explode...is there a specific spot you should get them?

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

^^^ "Watch out! We got a badass over here"

(On phone so can't copy and paste pics)

Lol. I will do the honors

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

All bicyclists should and will be shot on sight.

This is not classed as griefing, just natrual selection. 

Gonna join your sessions on a BMX every day for the rest of forever. :p

• dannybohy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users