Photo

GTA San Andreas Mobile Modding

1,069 replies to this topic
georgon
  • georgon

Modder, converter, whatever

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

Any possible way to import dff files from the mobile version to 3Ds max/zmodeler/any app of this kind?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Nope, they don't work.

nick7
  • nick7

グランドセフトオ

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by nick7, 13 December 2013 - 05:39 PM.

http://sannybuilder....ASA_IOS_SCM.rar

main.scm dissasembled with Sanny Builder. I will release a new version of SB with iOS support on the weekend.

SCM changes comparing to the PC version noticed by me so far:

* a few new opcodes (mobile-dependent and debug ones)

* some new missions (2 players?)

btw, Seemann, can you implement mission name loading from INI file? I think it'll be an useful feature in future.

are hotcoffee opcodes disabled in executable?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Has anyone tried to update game audio?

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

http://sannybuilder....ASA_IOS_SCM.rar
main.scm dissasembled with Sanny Builder. I will release a new version of SB with iOS support on the weekend.

SCM changes comparing to the PC version noticed by me so far:
* a few new opcodes (mobile-dependent and debug ones)
* some new missions (2 players?)

Duh, I did it by hand here. :p

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

They must be crazy to remove "Running down a Dream", that is like one of the best songs that play when you get in a helicopter. It goes well with the sound of the helicopter.

In my opinion, the mobile version has got some good things and bad things about it. It is as the developers for Wardrum Studios were working on the port while they were drunk or something.

• Sayrawr likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by SilverRST, 13 December 2013 - 06:52 PM.

They must be crazy to remove "Running down a Dream", that is like one of the best songs that play when you get in a helicopter. It goes well with the sound of the helicopter.

In my opinion, the mobile version has got some good things and bad things about it. It is as the developers for Wardrum Studios were working on the port while they were drunk or something.

"Lazy c*cksuckers drinking wisky all day behind the office"

As someone would call them lol

And about that song bein removed, yes, it's really a bummer they removed.

I guess they had their head stuck in their butthole while selecting and porting.

Karona
  • Karona

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

GTA SA seems to lag on my iPod Touch 5th gen. Does anyone have lower quality gta_sa.set file? It's really weird that only GTA Vice city seems to work fine on my iPod. Even GTA 3 has terrible frame/lag spikes (worse than SA)

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

Karona, oddly San Andreas runs better on my iPad mini than Vice City, VC runs well, but I get textures that take too long to load.

themarin121
  • themarin121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:12 AM Edited by themarin121, 14 December 2013 - 08:16 AM.

r4ZRvlV.png?1?3968Why is the left side so f*cked up?

Karona
  • Karona

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Karona, oddly San Andreas runs better on my iPad mini than Vice City, VC runs well, but I get textures that take too long to load.

Damn. Well i guess i just have to wait until R* releases patch for it or just download it for android when i get Galaxy S2 for christmas. (Still looking for lower quality set file by the way!)

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:59 AM Edited by buzbegone, 14 December 2013 - 09:48 AM.

The BLANKS are left in place, so if we DO get edit abilities, we can easily restore them.

I'd be happy to transfer my PC files and test it out. It's just a matter of converting the .ogg files to .mp3 and I've got one that mass converts.

Only problem is, my iPad isn't jailbroken so I don't know how to add the files to it and my iPhone (which is jailbroken) constantly crashes.

Would anyone with a moddable device capable of adding files be willing to try it out?

themarin121
  • themarin121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

GTA SA seems to lag on my iPod Touch 5th gen. Does anyone have lower quality gta_sa.set file? It's really weird that only GTA Vice city seems to work fine on my iPod. Even GTA 3 has terrible frame/lag spikes (worse than SA)

Here is my gta_sa.set from my iphone 4s.

https://mega.co.nz/#...AR90ubKHAhFxXjw

Karona
  • Karona

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks! But... It doesn't really make any difference, the game still has noticeable frame drops/sound lag spikes 50% of the time. It's sad that even the newest iPod can't handle it well. As i said earlier guess i just need to wait for the patch or buy S2.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Thanks! But... It doesn't really make any difference, the game still has noticeable frame drops/sound lag spikes 50% of the time. It's sad that even the newest iPod can't handle it well. As i said earlier guess i just need to wait for the patch or buy S2.

Buy an S2 over a video game you've probably played before.

Why?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Would anyone with a moddable device capable of adding files be willing to try it out?

I'll check it when Android version will be released.

Jeone
  • Jeone

question authority

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Do you know if maps will work?

Karona
  • Karona

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Buy an S2 over a video game you've probably played before.

Why?

Over a video game? Nahh.. my old phone is starting to give up and i'm looking to buy a new one. GTA SA on S2 is just a big plus.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

It is, however, an S2. Just get an S4 otherwise your S2 will be on eBay very quickly.

Karona
  • Karona

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

It is, however, an S2. Just get an S4 otherwise your S2 will be on eBay very quickly.

I can't really spend more than the S2 price. I have alot other stuff too to buy for christmas, Which are even more important. As long as SA runs well on S2 i'm fine.

GtaDudeV
  • GtaDudeV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Is anyone able to edit and customise the gta_sa.set file yet?

iFres0x
  • iFres0x

Ivan in tha haussss!

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Can someone make that Tommy can crouch on VC Mobile??

SA Mobile it´s possible..

Ov7cJ.png

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

The BLANKS are left in place, so if we DO get edit abilities, we can easily restore them.

I'd be happy to transfer my PC files and test it out. It's just a matter of converting the .ogg files to .mp3 and I've got one that mass converts.

This is basically what War Drum did, and it's a rubbish way to do things, when you have better sources, NEVER convert from lossy to lossy, the end result is worse quality, try and get as close to a PCM source as possible, this is why the PS2 version was ideal, that game is already mastered for 24Khz ADPCM (SA Mobile downcoverted the PC's 32Khz OGG's to 22.05Khz MP3), those samples I made came from the PS2 files, yes it would take a little longer to do, but hey, try and preserve as much quality as possible, especially if you're selling the product (more directed at War Drum).

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by nkjellman, 15 December 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Can someone upload a save with all areas unlocked?

The mobile missions are buggy sh*t and I just want to f*ck around.

Ryder the pot smoking retard and kills himself at the end of Robbing Uncle Sam.

Edit: I'm a little happy about the lower quality audio.
-We can convert the higher quality audio from the pc.
This game is barely going to fit on my 16 GB Galaxy S4, which won't let me move most apps to the 64 GB SD card.

iTakumi
  • iTakumi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by iTakumi, 15 December 2013 - 12:36 AM.

The only way to mod GTA SA Mobile is the .dff, all textures are locked :/
SA Mobile has alot same modding ways like VC Mobile.

I found here some easy ways; to mod SA Mobile for the first time:

Handling:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c250a732694d0a3f77b22eef38fed3cc/tumblr_mxr7vqf7aT1t1fzizo1_1280.png

Audio/Sound:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/84d724f539728324f65559f78865466a/tumblr_mxr6dbzidx1t1fzizo1_1280.gif

.dff & textures:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dd692a1b0b37e5a69e1d9312c1070c71/tumblr_mxr80gZIVy1t1fzizo1_1280.png

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

The only way to mod GTA SA Mobile is the .dff, all textures are locked :/
SA Mobile has alot same modding ways like VC Mobile.
I found here some easy ways; to mod SA Mobile for the first time:
Handling:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c250a732694d0a3f77b22eef38fed3cc/tumblr_mxr7vqf7aT1t1fzizo1_1280.png
Audio/Sound:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/84d724f539728324f65559f78865466a/tumblr_mxr6dbzidx1t1fzizo1_1280.gif

.dff & textures:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dd692a1b0b37e5a69e1d9312c1070c71/tumblr_mxr80gZIVy1t1fzizo1_1280.png

I'm sorry, are you from the past?

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

This is basically what War Drum did, and it's a rubbish way to do things, when you have better sources, NEVER convert from lossy to lossy, the end result is worse quality, try and get as close to a PCM source as possible, this is why the PS2 version was ideal, that game is already mastered for 24Khz ADPCM (SA Mobile downcoverted the PC's 32Khz OGG's to 22.05Khz MP3), those samples I made came from the PS2 files, yes it would take a little longer to do, but hey, try and preserve as much quality as possible, especially if you're selling the product (more directed at War Drum).

How is the PS2's audio better than the PC? 32kHz > 24kHz, right?

Converting an 32kHz ogg to an mp3 couldn't lose that much quality in the process. Especially if you're converting with the same Hz output.

I'm really not concerned about optimum quality, I'm just after adding the old songs back in.

In the end, all this high quality audio will be playing out of one speaker the size of a pinhead, so is it worth it?

• Deadly Target likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Indeed the updated engine got loads of more things to do with different colors being rendered in screen rather than PC version. You know, nine years since the release, and phones are almost as powerful as the PC's used to be back in the day. Anyways, gibberish gibberish gibberish, I don't think most people will actually benefit from those speculated "high quality textures/models", since most of them, at least on iOS-version, are pretty much the same as on PC-version.

You said it ''most people'' and not everyone.And yes the texture may be the same,but the color of the screen/sky is just..amazing.What i meant in my previous post what if someone can bring it to pc,it will be easy enough...

Same textures, but with detail overlays. Just like on VC.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

How is the PS2's audio better than the PC? 32kHz > 24kHz, right?
Converting an 32kHz ogg to an mp3 couldn't lose that much quality in the process. Especially if you're converting with the same Hz output.

I'm really not concerned about optimum quality, I'm just after adding the old songs back in.

In the end, all this high quality audio will be playing out of one speaker the size of a pinhead, so is it worth it?

I am really not getting into this here. Do some research. Or I'll explain later, either way, its that lazy attitude that has got us crappy converts here in the first place.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

Think from their angle. Is it really worth adding audio quality that most of us won't pick up on? Listening to those songs you had side by side really required me to listen for a difference and you'd only get the full quality with stereo speakers.

Yes, it was lazy of them to not take the time they could've but stereo quality for a mono speaker is just a waste of time for anyone looking to cover up their f*ckup.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:48 AM Edited by Ash_735, 15 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

Think from their angle. Is it really worth adding audio quality that most of us won't pick up on? Listening to those songs you had side by side really required me to listen for a difference and you'd only get the full quality with stereo speakers.

Yes, it was lazy of them to not take the time they could've but stereo quality for a mono speaker is just a waste of time for anyone looking to cover up their f*ckup.

But, most phones these days have 3.5'' Standard Jacks which work with most headphones and output to Y cables to plug into speakers, etc, San Andreas Mobile on ANYTHING beyond sh*tty phone speakers is going to sound terrible. If you couldn't tell the difference in those sound clips I provided, ...you really need better hearing. And it's not just the fact that they wanted to compress it, I provided a file that was near the exact same size, in a better codec, OGG, which San Andreas supported on PC, and I was able to keep it in Stereo and still sound better. It's the fact that they pretty much stripped out the better Codec, to add in support for an outdated codec which is terrible at lower bitrates, and THEN converted from the already lossy PC OGG files (which you should never do with audio if you want to be taken seriously).

Not to mention MP3 at such low bitrates and rushed conversion means you can end up with conversion stutter which HAS happened with a handful of tracks here, and downcoverting the frequency range from 32KHz to 22.05KHz. I'm not questioning the fact that they needed to be smaller, but I'm questioning the TERRIBLE job in doing so, I'm not even a professional audio engineer and yet it took me less than one afternoon to find a better method to use!

If they needed low bitrates and low frequency, then there's ALREADY a mastered version around in ADPCM Format, and that's the PS2 version, so by converting from that one, which is already designed for that frequency range and by using the OGG codec which the damn game supported anyway, they could have kept both Stereo AND Better sound quality for barely a difference in size!

It's a rubbish excuse to sit there and say, oh, I doubt most people would notice it through their sh*tty phone speakers, because the METHOD this company that were PAID to port the game, they completely screwed up the audio by using the wrong methods that a lot of amateurs would do.

Again, the trade off with the INCREASE in size for Stereo Music in 24KHz OGG would be balanced out because funny enough, 24KHz OGG for most cutscenes and Talk Radio produces a LOWER file size than the MP3's they have here. It's just illogical, messy, and rushed.

edit: I swear each time I explain it, the more and more I just question what the hell were War Drum thinking.

See, additional bit of info for you, They used a VBR scale for MP3, 40kbps - 56kbps, now, they converted from the PC version, OGG's at VBR 128kbps Ave., Now, why do I keep bringing up the PS2 version and the fact that it uses a form of PCM? Well, using VBR works best with a PCM source, it calculates things properly. Using VBR when converting from an already converted file, it starts to brings in inaccuracies, and then pads the file to compensate by using a larger bitrate for certain areas because it thinks it needs to when really reading from lossy and writing back to lossy it's just picking up the artifacts of compression.

So, yeah, in a daft way, it would have also slightly increased the file size on some tracks, whilst still losing quality. And not to forget that MP3, as a codec, is just terrible and outdated for lower bitrates, most people wouldn't go under 128kbps MP3 for Music as it just becomes unaccepatble, 64kbps is the limit that MP3 is suppose to have for music, anything lower was designed for talk only. Not to completely crap on MP3, it's great in the high bitrates, using -V0 VBR 320kbps for Music it does a damn good job, but for lower bitrates, it's terrible, WMA is better, AAC/MP4/M4A is better and of course, OGG is better, which again swings back round to the initial point that the game already supported OGG. And as far as I'm aware, most Android devices support OGG as do most phones in general, iTunes blocks the format out but apps can include it to be used.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users