Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does Gta Need new Writers?

7 replies to this topic

Poll: does Gta need new Writers (21 member(s) have cast votes)

does gta need new Writers?

1. Yes (3 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. No (11 votes [52.38%])

Percentage of vote: 52.38%

3. im in 2 minds (7 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CharlesManson855
  • CharlesManson855

George clooney is my ONLY love

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:04 AM Edited by CharlesManson855, 12 December 2013 - 01:11 PM.

the last 4 Grand theft autos (IV + Episodes and V) Have been written by

Dan houser - lead writer

Micheal Unsworth 

Rupert Humphires 

sam Houser -  not Credited 

are these guys good Enough have the Storylines In IV +  V Been Good Enough? or is it time for a change ? i myself think not but lot people seem to criticize the Storyline in V. 

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Deez nutz.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

GTA IV's storyline is amazing, but when it came to GTA V, nearly everything was done wrong. I don't think new writers are needed, if they can make a story like GTA IV, then I'm sure they can make something great. They don't have to make another story the exact same, but if they merge GTA V's energetic missions with GTA IV's in-depth storyline and characters, they could make plenty of great games, ones that have an in-depth story, great characters, and lots of energetic and intense missions.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

Since they wrote both IV and TLaD I'm sure they can write even better storylines. They seem to have problems when they're trying to force over the top gameplay (TBoGT and V), so if they manage to write serious storyline without unnecessary over the top factor, next game will be fantastic. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

They don't need new writers, they need to freshen up their material. Lazlow (the DJ) is stale, the f*ck-every-political-stance-ever commercials are stale, and they seem to have been stuck on hipsters and hybrid cars for the past three games. Or maybe that's just the stuff Lazlow writes, if it is I think he should be replaced.

The storylines are fine for GTA though, and the missions and character dialogue seem to have improved since IV.

• Tony. and Staten like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

No it doesn't. Rockstar just needs to stop listening to fans who want every character to be immaturly stylised (e.g. Trevor and Lamar) because they think serious characters are "too boring".
I personally feel that IV had the perfect blend between seriousness and humor when it came to its character (e.g. Roman and Brucie). Whereas with V, the only characters I feel were pulled off well were Michael and Dave Norton.

Another thing to add about Rockstar's seemingly repetative satire with the recent installments is simple, the time between the events of IV & episodes and V. Not alot has seemed to change between '08 and '13 as it did with, say, '86 and '92. For the next game at least Rockstar need to venture into another time period to keep it fresh. Then, for VII (or whatever it's called in two installments time) hopefully enough will have changed since 2013.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

I found V's story to be solid and enjoyable overall.  Maybe it wasn't perfect, but I'd much rather have such a story that lends itself to stellar missions rather than have a serious and solemn story that results in minimalistic gameplay.  IV took more of the latter approach, and while the game was good overall, it lacked the absurd fun in the gameplay for which the series had previously been renowned.  I felt V struck a good balance of not too serious and not stupidly ridiculous either.

If they choose to take a more solemn tone again with the next GTA in which miniguns and double-ended dildos are to be cast aside once again, then I'd personally like to see the gameplay reinforced with more RPG elements that serve to pull me into the story.  For example, if I'm given a list of exotic cars to boost, I should need to develop some skills, like lock picking, computer hacking, etc. to do so rather than merely getting in and driving off.  I'm not saying the series should turn into a full-blown RPG, but looking at what makes games like Fallout 3/NV, Deus Ex HR, TES, etc. so insanely addictive, it wouldn't hurt to steal a page or two from games like that.

Anyways, I think they can continue to write great storylines.  The humor in V is still true to GTA form and that's the most important thing.  Even with IV's more serious tone, the humor was still on point.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Have Y'all Forgot About Me?

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 12 December 2013 - 04:26 PM.

I want a Long storyline like SA's one. Few missions are forgivable when we're in a little place like LC ir VC, but V with its big map needed more than 69 missions.
The fact that SA had a three times smaller map and 3x missions compared to V bothers me.

If changing writers will help doing this, i mean having a longer story, yea, they should change them.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

They don't need new writers, they need to freshen up their material. Lazlow (the DJ) is stale, the f*ck-every-political-stance-ever commercials are stale, and they seem to have been stuck on hipsters and hybrid cars for the past three games. Or maybe that's just the stuff Lazlow writes, if it is I think he should be replaced.

The storylines are fine for GTA though, and the missions and character dialogue seem to have improved since IV.

I agree with this. 

The writing for the radio became really stale after VC, and only started to improve with IV.  The problem is that there are some good bits there, but they're hard to find among all the "describing the thing is exactly the same as making a joke about it, right?" type humour, or the baffling number of jokes where the punchline seems to be a mention of swinging.

• Tony. and na89340qv0n34b09q340 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users